Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

On 11/20/2020 at 6:14 PM, Hecatom said:

Just saw on the news that Disney is dodging on paying royalties to someone who wrote books for the eu back in the day, alledgily saying that when they bought the franchise, they didnt bought the obligations 🤣

Sounds like Disney, unless your shit is really popping why would they even fuck with you when they can just ignore or bury you?

Darth Vader is the perfect mascot for Disney business practices.

Watched the ep:

OK, this is what I need the show to be through and through. I need the story to start weaving together and they did that. The characters that have been brought over have had their justice done. 

Hopefully this remains the way. 

Now I have a question. If Favreau and Filoni became the Star Wars story team  leads and Rian Johnson was the director of a film, would you give it a chance?

Personally, I think my man made a good movie, but I can see where expectations were shattered coming from TFA. All of RJs projects outside of Star Wars and the episodes of Breaking Bad he directed are top tier. I believe that with a solid course laid out, we could have something truly special. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
50 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Now I have a question. If Favreau and Filoni became the Star Wars story team  leads and Rian Johnson was the director of a film, would you give it a chance?

I would because I think he needs a person to reel him in and those two seem to have the right balance after looking through all of Mando and the variety of directors they have used. The problem is he was given too much free reign so I still blame KK for her bad call...or lack of calling out things that should have been fixed. 

3 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Yes because they wouldn't have allowed RJ to shit all over the lore. This isn't a shot at Rian but a shot a KK. When a director says he doesn't care about the lore, you don't put him in complete charge of film with a fan base that is all about the lore. You are just setting yourself up for failure. It's no coincidence that the most universally praised product of the Disney Star Wars era, The Mandalorian, has next to no involvement from her. Of course this the same person that hired a pair of comedic directors to helm Solo, let them film damn near the whole movie, and decide to can them when the movie was too comedic. 😑

The Mandalorian (particularly Season 2) would be served better as an RPG than a show. I like the call backs, the lore, the care the team has put into it. I still find it entertaining, but I can easily see the way it wraps up each episode as something that could be done in a game. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Show has been a slow burn since the beginning. Most of season 1 was planet hopping with little narrative progression to. 

Shows clearly on that Cowboy Bebop train where most of the episodes are gonna be 1 off adventures with 2 or 3 dedicated to the actual through plot. 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Show has been a slow burn since the beginning. Most if season 1 was planet hopping with little narrative progression to. 

Shows clearly on that Cowboy Bebop train where most of the episodes are gonna be 1 off adventures with 2 or 3 dedicated to the actual through plot. 

I felt like S1 did a great job setting up the world with 5 of those eps being plot focused. You also had characters interact on multiple occasions. To your point, that's why I am not mad about any of it, but we'll see by the end of the month where this is all going. 

2 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I felt like S1 did a great job setting up the world with 5 of those eps being plot focused. You also had characters interact on multiple occasions. To your point, that's why I am not mad about any of it, but we'll see by the end of the month where this is all going. 

Yea we just have to see where it goes. I'm personally fine with the narrative taking a back seat to flesh out the galaxy. 

I mean I'm interested in the over all plot, but one of my favorite things about Season 2 so far is how episode 1 features so much of the Sand People. Like we got a look into their culture and how their language actually works, and how they consider the Moisture Farmers theives. "First you steal our water, now you refuse to drink it." Same with Season 1 and the Jawa shenanigans. 

If we focused harder on the main story I see these moments going away and they are some of my favorite content by far. 

Edited just now by RSG3

Edited by RSG3
8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Since i assume is kind of a spoiler in nature

Hide contents

Why are the retards on twatter and imbeciles of the media trying to cancel Rosario Dawson?

Spoiler

Someone sued Dawson and her family last year over transphonic discrimination. This lawsuit got dug up the same day the Ahsoka episode premiere

Edited by Hawkingbird

the best thing they did was do world building as the main story arc slowly unfolds. One thing I have always loved about Star Wars was the world itself. the aesthetics are awesome and and the set pieces are so grant you can't put it all into a few movies. Shows like rebels/Clone Wars and now Mando keep showing you more and more making me care more about everything as a whole. 

46 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

Someone sued Dawson and her family last year over transphonic discrimination. This lawsuit got dug up the same day the Ahsoka episode premiere

Spoiler

After reading some stuff about the whole ordeal, that lwasuit was so nothing.
Without proves, witout anything, just allegations.

But as we know the imbecile npcs only need you to be accused of something regardless if is true or not to try to destroy your life.

Fuck them.

Also, i find hilarious that they say they want more "representation", but at any moment the person in question doesnt alling with their cult mentality, they want them out.

Fucking disgusting.

1 minute ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

For me it seemed like Season 1 just had more buildup to an objective. This season it's a fetch quest. Like I said, we'll see what it looks like at the end of the month. 

The basic setup for Season 2 is for Mando to get leads on where he can find the Jedi or his own kind so he can dump a kid on them. It opens up the season for fetch quests. I know people expect streaming shows to have overacting stories for their seasons but that like this format a lot. 

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:
  Hide contents

After reading some stuff about the whole ordeal, that lwasuit was so nothing.
Without proves, witout anything, just allegations.

But as we know the imbecile npcs only need you to be accused of something regardless if is true or not to try to destroy your life.

Fuck them.

Also, i find hilarious that they say they want more "representation", but at any moment the person in question doesnt alling with their cult mentality, they want them out.

Fucking disgusting.

I mean I still can't get Darksakul or Maxx to provide me with any proof that J.K. Rowling is a bigot beyond a tweet that isnt bigoted but in fact, facts!!  

So yea not surprised the sheep watchers are calling Wolf again. 

I like that they made Ahsoka be like “nah fam. He’s too attached to you. It’s impossible for me to train him” 

I kinda knew that would end up being the direction they were going in but I also was deep down in my jimmies hoping that Ashoka would have joined Mando in his misadventures. 

thankfully, from Ahsoka asking about Thrawn we know she isn’t going to be a one off character in the series 

Edited by iStu X
45 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Iunno who that Is (Sabine) 

Shes a Mandolorian who kicks it with the Rebel crew. 

She's the one who created the Rebels logo. She was spray painting it on wall as Graffiti. 

Bout all I know about her sadly. 

Edited by RSG3
16 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Iunno who that Is (Sabine) 

First off watch Rebels, the show is amazing. Sabine is a Mandalorian who was one of the show's main characters. In the series finale she and Ahsoka go on journey to find Erza, the show's lead. The show's epilogue is post Return of the Jedi which is where the timeline of the Mandalorian falls under. 

Edited by Hawkingbird