Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

18 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Huh?

He basically made fun of a Star Wars youtuber for being brought to tears by the appearance of Luke Skywalker. Then bitched out deleted the tweet but added on of his responses to his Twitter profile. It's like why? There is no positive outcome from this situation. He doesn't even have a "I hate Disney Star Wars" channel and has made a point to try to avoid the drama.

TLDR; Pablo Hidalgo is a bitch. Thinks grown men crying something to mock.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
15 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

He basically made fun of a Star Wars youtuber for being brought to tears by the appearance of Luke Skywalker. Then bitched out deleted the tweet but added on of his responses to his Twitter profile. It's like why? There is no positive outcome from this situation. He doesn't even have a "I hate Disney Star Wars" channel and has made a point to try to avoid the drama.

Coulda just said Twitter lmao. 

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It actually gets worse. Star Wars Theory is a childhood cancer survivor and Luke was his hero as a kid.

That You tube channel, half their issues were brought on by himself, like he was mad he got a video copyright striked as he had footage from a pirated video while the actual movie was still in theaters. Like just use some stills or have stock footage of video game play or something. Don't use pirated movie footage from a movie thats currently in theaters. At the worst ask if the studio would provide promo media, the worst that could happen is they say yes.   

3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

That You tube channel, half their issues were brought on by himself, like he was mad he got a video copyright striked as he had footage from a pirated video while the actual movie was still in theaters. Like just use some stills or have stock footage of video game play or something. Don't use pirated movie footage from a movie thats currently in theaters. At the worst ask if the studio would provide promo media, the worst that could happen is they say yes.   

What does any of this have to do with Pablo Hidalgo making fun of dude for crying when Luke Skywalker appeared in Mando season finale. Like he wasn't even the only one, that was a pretty common reaction. There are multiple channels out there that are highly antagonistic of Lucasfilm. His is not one of them. Not that singling out anybody would have been okay but he singled out someone that has Fandom Menace and Lucasfilm Loyalists calling him out for it. It was dumb. Likely massively stupid. There was no scenario where he or Lucasfilm gains from the situation.  I hate some of the customer's I have to deal with but I'm not braindead enough to say so on a public forum with my company's name beneath my name.

13 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

That You tube channel, half their issues were brought on by himself, like he was mad he got a video copyright striked as he had footage from a pirated video while the actual movie was still in theaters.

Agree with this entirely. I unsubbed after that debacle. I do admire his hustle though. That being said, it doesn't negate how asinine Hidalgo's tweet is. 

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Mike Zeroh (cough cough), need to go away.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

Didn't know who this was so I took a quick peek. Seems like this guys hate boner for Kathleen Kennedy is a dousing rod for other dude's hate boners for Kathleen Kennedy 

It's not just that he just makes shit up. How he has so many subs is beyond me. Dude reaches into his ass, pulls out some bullshit, and stretches it into a 10 minute video. Of course, half the video is him recapping the previous bullshit he made up.

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

It's not just that he just makes shit up.

Nice. I generally avoid any content creators that just talk into a camera about recent news or reviews. I can just read the shit they're talking about and come to my own conclusions. 

But if he's also making shit up, that's a double whammy. 

I also figured he was bullshit artist. All it took was a look at his video list. Half of them are click-bait bullshit headlines. 

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

How he has so many subs is beyond me

you might be under estimating how much a good chunk of the SW fandom hates Kathleen Kennedy cause she hates men so darn much and wants to make Luke into Lucia and also black or whatever the fuck they think 

11 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Nice. I generally avoid any content creators that just talk into a camera about recent news or reviews. I can just read the shit they're talking about and come to my own conclusions. 

But if he's also making shit up, that's a double whammy. 

I also figured he was bullshit artist. All it took was a look at his video list. Half of them are click-bait bullshit headlines. 

you might be under estimating how much a good chunk of the SW fandom hates Kathleen Kennedy cause she hates men so darn much and wants to make Luke into Lucia and also black or whatever the fuck they think 

There are plenty of Youtube channels that hate Kathleen Kennedy and don't make shit up. Ironically a lot of them were some of the most positive SW channels on YouTube until KK pulled a Waiting to Exhale and half the fanbase went full Angela Bassett

Ca0X.gif

Side Note: That woman is ageless. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

here are plenty of Youtube channels that hate Kathleen Kennedy and don't make shit up

Yeah, and there's plenty of good reasons not to like her. I got the vibe that this dude was one of the ones that think that KK is a SJW man-hating feminist that wants to rid hollywood of white men or whatever, which is stupid and not true. 

Honestly, 2020 has been the best year of star wars for me in a long time

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well Pablo Hidalgo has managed to do something good, unify everyone against him. I saw this stream yesterday and I had to do a double take. Never thought I'd see those guys in a video.

Guy in the top right is on my Zeroh list. 

I ultimately hope that Star Wars doesn't become what Transformers is at this point. A recycling of mediocrity by staying tethered eternally to what came before. Moments are cool, but we gotta get beyond the OT crew. Ahsoka is a good example of how to create a new character that works for both old and new generations. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Watched both Wonder Woman movies this weekend. Shit has me shook. 

I had heard the first one was good, and it had me excited for Rouge Squadron with Jenkins at the helm. But I gotta say, Both of those movies felt like they were trying to be a zack schneider film and I'm not a fan. 

She was able to get really charming performances out of Chris Pine and Gal Gadot, tho. Hoping the RS movies takes a play out of the Squadrons video game and has a great group of characters. 

Both Squadrons in...Squadrons... had some really interesting characters that I really liked talking to between missions. There were a couple meh squadmates , too, but outside of Vonreg, there wasn't any that I couldn't stand. 

22 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Watched both Wonder Woman movies this weekend. Shit has me shook. 

I had heard the first one was good, and it had me excited for Rouge Squadron with Jenkins at the helm. But I gotta say, Both of those movies felt like they were trying to be a zack schneider film and I'm not a fan. 

She was able to get really charming performances out of Chris Pine and Gal Gadot, tho. Hoping the RS movies takes a play out of the Squadrons video game and has a great group of characters. 

Both Squadrons in...Squadrons... had some really interesting characters that I really liked talking to between missions. There were a couple meh squadmates , too, but outside of Vonreg, there wasn't any that I couldn't stand. 

I won't hold the WW movies against Jenkins. On a technical level they are very good, the stories were weak but honestly despite being a fan I still can't say Wonder Woman has ever had a great story arc outside of maybe the new 52 with all the mythology and that had problems as well. So I can't hold it against her for flubbing that aspect.

22 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

60% less slow-mo would of been welcomed, but overall they're good.

Seriously, she should of directed the Max Payne movie. 

That's probably to help keep them in line visually with the rest of the DCEU whichbude a lot of slow mo. 

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

That's probably to help keep them in line visually with the rest of the DCEU

Wonder how much that has to do with Snyder directing a few of them...

Also, the WW movies were the only DCEU movies I'm seen all of. I watched like 30 minutes of Aquaman and a few scenes of Batman Vs Superman. 

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

On 12/28/2020 at 5:22 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

We had the imbecile of Ruin Wanson insulting star wars fans some years ago.

By now is on par with Lucas Films and the KK inner circle and its other aggregates.

You can see that there is a clear divide on LF right now, those who are fans and want to tell good stories, and those who are ideologues and see SW as a platform to spew their venom.

You can tell simply by the way those idiots treat the fan base.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:07 PM, OPTIMUS124 said:

KK just needs to stick to the business side as she has been responsible for many childhood classics. Knowing Lord and Miller's work with The Lego Movie, 21 Jump Street and Into the Spider-Verse one has to wonder what Solo could have been. Let Filoni and Favreau pad the creative side out. 

TBF, being an executive producer doesnt mean much, beyond being at the right place and at the right time.

She also produced a lot of turds when not paired with creative people who know what they are doing.

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

BTW, something i like a lot, is that the music on the series doesnt feel star wars at all.

It has room to has its won personality.

Eh...some of the audio feels Star Wars but I do like that there was some branching out of different types of music styles. The main theme I think feels THE most like a modernized Star Wars soundtrack if that makes sense...

Finished The 2nd season of Mando.

I dont consider myself a fan of SW, and despite of that was really hype to see spoilers char at the end of the season being a total badass, while the great OST was playing on the background.

I really want to see what would be next, on Mando and the other stories that are coming, specially if they manage to keep the level of quality on the story.

Edited by Hecatom