Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

I'll be migrating to more new generation consoles and fighting games this month, in order to have more people for quality entertainment and elevation. I've been having fun so far. However, I've noticed the difference in the long haul of session consistency from the much older version of me currently, than a greater form of my youth. As grueling it was to the bitter end, I appreciate it. It's nice that I can still sustain an effort like that. 

Edited by Emptyeyes
53 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

... I've noticed the difference in the long haul of session consistency from the much older version of me currently, than a greater form of my youth. As grueling it was to the bitter end, I appreciate it. It's nice that I can still sustain an effort like that. 

Man, tell me about it. I've had the good fortune of getting some longer +R sets in recently (an hour or so) and by the end of them my brain is always kind of melted. Especially if it was playing the same person in a really long set. Super fun but I definitely don't have the mental fortitude I used to (though I think that is something you can sort of train back up).

Actually talking about SFV: in ye olde SRK days Akhos would usually be down for like 2-3 hour sessions. I was absolutely flattened by the end of those especially after dealing with his Ed/Ken/Cody pressure. Meanwhile he being in his 20s he would always lament when my old ass would tap out. 😆

42 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Man, tell me about it. I've had the good fortune of getting some longer +R sets in recently (an hour or so) and by the end of them my brain is always kind of melted. Especially if it was playing the same person in a really long set. Super fun but I definitely don't have the mental fortitude I used to (though I think that is something you can sort of train back up).

Actually talking about SFV: in ye olde SRK days Akhos would usually be down for like 2-3 hour sessions. I was absolutely flattened by the end of those especially after dealing with his Ed/Ken/Cody pressure. Meanwhile he being in his 20s he would always lament when my old ass would tap out. 😆

Oh. My. Goodness. 50 up to 100 matches were vital in my development in the days of old, but I can no where near endure such this stretch such a thing anymore. I can only recall the prominent players of the FGC that I versus with, but many others have played a critical role in order for me to forward exponentially 

Today, these youngsters are something else. In Fighting Ex Layer Another Dash, for example, after being slain without taking any wins from playing the first time, from original FEXL players, I'm slowly re-obtaining what I've lost as an original SFEX player that has been inactive in this series for 20 years. The community today have been so welcoming and supportive of me so far, where they wouldn't manipulate you as a stepping stone, and discard you should they have their feel of victory. I've had to deal with that in the old school era.

With the experience that I've gained so far, I've put up a more valiant effort each time, regardless of the session conclusion against more veteran FEXL players, which one of them used Allen. We've traded wins/losses, which I, just barely won the session. Allen in this game is considered at the top of the tier chart. While I don't put much stock on these matters, after holding my own against such a compliment player at a dramatically short amount of time, I still got it. ^_^

Edited by Emptyeyes

From the GG article, I remember expressing this back when we were still on srk.  I'm all for bringing in new players and all. But I've yet to see a modern fighting game take this approach and it pay off. Casuals play story mode and play a couple times with friends and are done. 

• The worst possible outcome would be that neither ASW players nor new players will play the game, so they have to draw the line somewhere for which part of the audience they want to draw in.
9 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

From the GG article, I remember expressing this back when we were still on srk.  I'm all for bringing in new players and all. But I've yet to see a modern fighting game take this approach and it pay off. Casuals play story mode and play a couple times with friends and are done. 

• The worst possible outcome would be that neither ASW players nor new players will play the game, so they have to draw the line somewhere for which part of the audience they want to draw in.

Ironically, the new gatlings made it a lot harder for new players to understand the absolute basics quickly.

At this point, I don't think they're "dumbing down the game for casuals" like a couple of other games tried and failed to.

They're truly striving for something new. It's way too soon to say whether or not it'll work, but on the other hand, barring the excess course correction in OB2, it looks like a great game. I honestly think it'll work out in the long run.

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

https://www.guiltygear.se/2021/05/31/ggst-kazunoko-dogura-on-open-beta-2/
Is almost as if is all the things i have been saying since day juan they announced SFStrive, lmao.

Ok Boomer.

Now go back and yell at clouds.

Edit: You should read the actual translation, there is a line that literally describes you and your kind.

• He understands when people say stuff like “I personally do not like that momentum disappears when you jump, nor that jump attacks result in landing recovery, so I would like these issues to be fixed”. But he would like people to stay saying stuff like “wtf these jumps lol, this is a game for kids, so so so dead game lol lol back to SF5 haha”… but the latter is common.

Dogura tells you to just disappear.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

I really like shadows and silhouettes  

Most of my AVs say so it more of the person behind the scenes.

194874954_10158427228398049_116888618116

Dragon Quest almost had chun li if it had spike bracelet and in blue haha

194279052_10158427228648049_902143851860

194729356_10158427228528049_219937050751

I'd main her.

In other news, I'm now on a diet because the dad bod is getting out of control.

Edited by Pair of Rooks
12 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Ok Boomer.

Now go back and yell at clouds.

Edit: You should read the actual translation, there is a line that literally describes you and your kind

Let that man vent. Considering you haven't bothered to counter the things he has said before and the things said on that blog post then you know what's said is true. Being blind to faults isn't going to make the game better.

What points?

He makes boomer noises how everything was better in the past. Thats all he does.

Why would I also argure with something I agree with?

Dogura has the right view on it, I do not disagree with a thing he says.

At the same time Dogura literally says people like Heca should disappear and just play the old games.

Something Heca won't do, because bitching about something and NOT playing Criticaly acclaimed Fighting Game Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R on Steam with best Rollback Netcode on the market for only 20€ or less, is his choice.

Because thats on PC and as we know, there is no playerbase on PC.

So if you excuse me now, I need to sound like a smug asshole and press the "I have nothing worthwhile to say, so I just press this" button.

Edited by Mr.Cipher

Wow, another match with an Allen player at such a caliber. This one was named Solo. He definitely well adjusted his neutral performance on the ground and eventually caught up with me in our third rank session, with him winning this one. Apparently, he saw what I was doing, and adopted it to his approach, which in turn improved gradually. I think my fundamentals and primitive universal options have returned to me, at least on a decent level. I will move on to the EX trio techniques with a little more experimentation,  displaying my ideas in certain situations. I will develop and forward my hypothesis on when to apply them. In due time.

I don't put much stock in the online ranking system, but I've noticed that with doing rank matches with no restrictions, I have a much better chance of playing someone. I'm at rank 62, so, the more I advance, the more I should become better. This seems to be out of my perception of past rank systems, but considering what the rank players have offered me so far, I could very well say that the rank system in this game specifically has the most merit so far. Rage quits are non-existent so far. Unbelievable. 

For me personally, this will remain as the most preferable 2d fighter of 2021. I should really stay with my favorite fighting games of this generation, because some of my old favorites never resurfaced past the 1990s. I'll decide to not be my usual spread anymore, because sustaining an effort to keep up with most people from most fighting games, is no longer an appealing prerogative anymore.

It's fortunate that Arika is what it is today. Migrated Ex Capcom employees that worked on Street Fighter 2 was the best thing that happened for us. My preference was always Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting, because it just felt more complete and more prominent in mechanics, in contrast to the others past this iteration. However, if there was ever a successor to the earlier Street Fighter 2 games, where it was more balance in defense, offense, mind games, and positioning, Arika's fighters in total would be it for me.

Despite the introduction to supers, fighting games that have them, can be fun too. I know that I'm old fashioned. LOL!

Edited by Emptyeyes

Today on Power Rangers!

Today I learned why NFTs are bad. I just assumed they were stupid and left it at that, but apparently nWay is getting in on that NFT grift and that sent people in an uproar. Now people don't want to play BFTG anymore because they want to fight for a cause and not support the evil NftWay...despite that they're still hype for KOFXV Riot of the Blood Money?

Find out what happens next on Power Rangers!

3 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Today on Power Rangers!

Today I learned why NFTs are bad. I just assumed they were stupid and left it at that, but apparently nWay is getting in on that NFT grift and that sent people in an uproar. Now people don't want to play BFTG anymore because they want to fight for a cause and not support the evil NftWay...despite that they're still hype for KOFXV Riot of the Blood Money?

Find out what happens next on Power Rangers!

What? The new KOF is using NFTs? I haven't heard anything about it?

Just now, Pair of Rooks said:

What? The new KOF is using NFTs? I haven't heard anything about it?

I was referring more to how the FGC is planning to boycott nWay yet are hyped with SNK being partially owned by MBS.  

Video games that are fun should be played.  Unless nWay is planning on being over the top blatant about NFT product placement in BFTG updates, it is absurd to draw a line over something like that.