Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

22 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Oh dang what ever happened to that one guy that talked about that female player then apologized then did it again like a month later? Can't remember their names but it was crazy, and then that one dude Ltg and the other ken player were suspended, damn it was wild. 

Things have gotten considerably weird since. Now the gravest sin you can commit is accidentally misgendering somebody whose pronouns you never knew in the first place.

Had a quick set with Punk in SFxT when I got home early today from work.  I am SUPER rusty when it comes to getting that right mentality to play someone of Punk's caliber, even if he's not playing his main team.  COVID has definitely dulled that edge I once had, but that's exactly why I need to play people like him to remind me of what I'll need to do to get that edge back.  I may be retired for active competition, but there's always room to ask yourself if you're doing your best.

That being said, I told I dropped those 2-3 rounds I blew because I wanted to make him feel more at home being he's from Philly🤣

meanwhile

I think it's gonna be a gorilla 

Whatever they questioned with Seth is something I also questioned the same thing that Seth is connected with Gill and Urien in SF4 era that I even had a wild theory.

The same thing people also linked Captain Commando to CViper

8 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Hello everyone, Maravilla here, don't know if anyone remembers me, I used to post sometimes in the shoryuken forums but haven't posted there since the start of the pandemic over a year ago. Anyways busy with stuff. How's everyone? I've been out of the fgc world since then and have no idea what's happened since I left. When I left SFV and Tekken were the two most popular fighters, Idom was the best player, a new gg was going to come out and Seth was just released for sfv. So I have a couple of questions if anyone wants to answer them for me. 

1) why did you guys leave shoryuken forums?

2) what characters came out after seth in SFV? 

3) has there been any Evo's or capcom cups since the pandemic started? 

4) who's the best SFV players currently? 

5) when is sf 6 coming out? 

AYO, what's good bro? Good to see you finally made it!

2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Excited to see 40+ new posts.

It's just about how shit SRK was.

I thought we left that behind.

Ironically, I was just now taking a look at the last Lounge thread before the downfall of SRK.

I'm glad to see that most of us made it here, but really sad about the ones who didn't.

Edited by Volt
1 minute ago, Maravilla said:

All good man nice hearing from you all! 

Oh yeah, you gotta check out Guilty Gear Strive. Unlike SFV, we actually play that and have fun.

Well, I haven't touched it since day 1, but I haven't got a day off since then, so that's my excuse for now. 🤣

9 minutes ago, Volt said:

Oh yeah, you gotta check out Guilty Gear Strive. Unlike SFV, we actually play that and have fun.

Well, I haven't touched it since day 1, but I haven't got a day off since then, so that's my excuse for now. 🤣

Lol you're just like me man, I enjoy seeing other people play more than playing myself. 

42 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'm glad to see that most of us made it here, but really sad about the ones who didn't

You saved as many of us as you could, Captain, don't beat yourself up about it.

-- some movie, probably

27 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Lol you're just like me man, I enjoy seeing other people play more than playing myself. 

I felt this way for years until Strive. 🥰

16 hours ago, Maravilla said:

I remember there was a really good urien called rushdown or something like that, then there was a Cody player who was #1 his name was shazzy, y'all remember them? 

Shaszy basically lost interest in SFV and started focusing on MK11. I think he took a break from gaming altogether. 

Best Cody. His Guile was also great.

Rushdown still plays. One of the best Urien's I've ever played. 

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Shaszy basically lost interest in SFV and started focusing on MK11. I think he took a break from gaming altogether. 

Best Cody. His Guile was also great.

Rushdown still plays. One of the best Urien's I've ever played. 

Cool. I used to lurk in another forum and they were both there. It's good to see you're still here man, you're a cool guy. 

Edited by Maravilla
4 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Unrelated to FGs, but good personal news for me…

Hide contents

a position opened up in my company that was a lot more in-line with what I wanted to do and would be a lot more manageable and less stressful, so I applied for it, and just got word that it’s mine. Same pay (actually a bit less because my mileage reimbursement will be less), but a fuck ton less stress, should have less after hours/weekend work to do, and I’ll actually do something I like doing (for the most part).

TLDR, more time for me to grind so I can buss yo ass 😁

Hell yea man I'd take less pay over less stress any day. Shit money comes and goes but stress can really make you old. Congrats. 

7 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Hide contents

a position opened up in my company that was a lot more in-line with what I wanted to do and would be a lot more manageable and less stressful, so I applied for it, and just got word that it’s mine. Same pay (actually a bit less because my mileage reimbursement will be less), but a fuck ton less stress, should have less after hours/weekend work to do, and I’ll actually do something I like doing (for the most part).

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Hell yea man I'd take less pay over less stress any day. Shit money comes and goes but stress can really make you old. Congrats. 

Yeah, I’ve aged a lot in this last year, and the stress hasn’t been kind to my stomach... thanks man

also, the pay is negligible. The salary is the same, they just pay for me to drive my vehicle to site which I won’t have to do as much in this new role… at the same time, driving my vehicle less means less repairs/maintenance, and I may get a bit more time out of this one, so it may actually be a good thing lol

21 hours ago, Maravilla said:

What happened with samsho? Gbvs?mk11? Did they ever take off? 

SamSho's netcode is good if you have a really fast connection, but if you don't (and I think a significant amount of FGC people play on wack connections) then you probably won't have a great experience with it.

MK11 is still going strong though

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

Reveal hidden contents

Congrats man that is fantastic news. As you mentioned it's worth taking a hit on the paycheck front (and it sounds like it wasn't that much of a hit either). The extra pay doesn't do you any good if you're too busy/sick/dead to do much with it.

"The FGC says dumb shit like calling bo3 "first to 2", calling friendlies "casuals" and calling dittos "mirrors". We can say what we want idc"

You know, when you can run sets to 2, 3, 5 or 10, using "First to" makes sense. Casuals because you aren't playing competitively. Like damn, its literally the time you are playing for fun, to learn etc. Also if SF2 predates pokemon, why would it'd been named Ditto?

I tried to save y'all. I really did. But SRK got overrun with morons calling that shit a fighting game. Now we forever live in calamity.

13 minutes ago, Sonero said:

"The FGC says dumb shit like calling bo3 "first to 2", calling friendlies "casuals" and calling dittos "mirrors". We can say what we want idc"

What gets me is that all the things he listed are very clearly just different names for the same thing. Calling Kaz a shoto is literally just wrong though. 

It’s like calling a BMW a Benz because they’re both European luxury cars.

Wait, mirror matches are called "dittos" in Smash Bros.? Never heard that before and I really don't think it's a better term.

I mean we could go all technical about it because Ditto only mimics the toolset and stats, but keeps his HP, so if you play a "ditto" Zangief match, one of the players has less HP than the other. And also only can use SPD five times per round.

Yeah, not feeling it. Mirror match makes more sense.