Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Mario Tennis being a fighting game. 

Man...I remember writing a long ass post about why if Smash was a fighting game then a lot of other stuff have to be too. Like Diablo 2 pvp, doing 1v1 in lanes in League of Legends, World of Warcraft when you duel...

And Frost gave me the biggest smooth brain response ever to it.

And now literal decades if basic Tennis strategy used in a Nintendo game suddenly makes it a fighting game. Akshon people are pioneering being both dumb, uninformed and apparently unaware of any competitive strategy that isn't their corner of the planet.

Can't wait for them to talk about Go as the "Japanese board game fighting game you've never heard of".

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

If you read my guides, you can see that the above statement is actually true! Well done keeping up with the literature.

If you ever made a guide about Yang I'd read it.   All I know about him is from acho videos.  Played him a ton in SF4 and he looks very similar in 3rd Strike outside of using meter for ex slashes instead of FADC.  But realistically, there's probably a shit ton going on that I don't understand with OS's and parries.  Fun to watch though.  

Edited by HeavensCloud

There's a hint of rock, paper, scissors in the game:

Yo this shit is a fighting game because rackets have health bars and there's RPS in the game and did you know that basic tennis gameplay is footsies?

I swear these guys brew their coffee from the toilet bowl water holding their first piss of the day.

12 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

If you ever made a guide about Yang I'd read it.   All I know about him is from acho videos.  Played him a ton in SF4 and he looks very similar in 3rd Strike outside of using meter for ex slashes instead of FADC.  But realistically, there's probably a shit ton going on that I don't understand with OS's and parries.  Fun to watch though.  

FUCK YANG

FUCK YANG

FUCK YANG

33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507e

32 minutes ago, Sonero said:

There's a hint of rock, paper, scissors in the game:

I swear these guys brew their coffee from the toilet bowl water holding their first piss of the day.

The game has meter. It makes just like Guilty Gear.

When he recommends Aces as the perfect starter fighting game is pure hilarity 

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Is that video a late april's fool joke?

No. They talk to one of the players and he calls the comparison to fighting game apt too.

You see when I played 1v1 basketball with my best friend back in Puerto Rico, that was Iike a fighting game. I was tall and had longer reach like Sagat and he was shorter like Cammy.

Then when I would score its like damaging his health bar. Also going fast was like using meter because you get tired so you gotta conserve it.

Then there was an element of rock paper scissors somewhere in there too for sure.

5 hours ago, elliephil said:

Isn't there a sizeable amount of the community that considers games like Puyo Tetris a fighting game? I've seen them at a few fighting game tournaments before.

Does the FGC play non-fighting games? Yes. Windjammers, Catherine VS and there's probably some sleepers out there that are regional. Are they getting called FGs? Nah.

For whatever reason there's a...chunk of flaming morons that don't understand that strategic concepts from one game can apply to others. When I was playing MvC3 heavy, I was also trying to teach myself the basics of Go. Studying Go helped me get a better handle on certain situations in MvC3.

Not about to start saying Go is a fighting game. People should go out there and try different things. At least we aren't stuck in that weird moment of time of "musicians have special execution powers in FGs". Out of all the fucking stupid shit that's hit the FGC, that one gave me the biggest eye rolls.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Rage Quitters. Other than that I'm good. Play who you want how you want, just take your L if you lose instead of disconnecting like a bitch.

Odd. Why would RQing be attached to a character?  If anything it shows Luke is bringing in new people to experience the salt seas. 

If the system dealt a bit more gracefully with RQs in general it wouldn't be much of an issue.

16 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

i want to know what the "worst subspecies of FG player" is. 

The ones that pretend their goofy S tier set play is totally reasonable. Guess that's a combination of Ogawa crying about Zato not being triple S tier and Zero players in MvC3.

29 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

i want to know what the "worst subspecies of FG player" is.   Fireball spammers?    Shoto players?    White Claw enjoyers?  

Low Rank SFV Kens and every Blanka player. These Kens are legit meth addicts, having OD-induced seizures as they play, and Blanka players aren’t even human… the congealed hair and soap scum from my shower drain picked up a controller and booted up SFV

Edited by Mattatsu