Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Rage Quitters. Other than that I'm good. Play who you want how you want, just take your L if you lose instead of disconnecting like a bitch.

I actually don't mind rage quitters since is a testament of how much i got under their skin.

Bonus points if they send hate mail afterwards.

I love feeding from the hate i get, it nourishes me.

2 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

i want to know what the "worst subspecies of FG player" is.   Fireball spammers?    Shoto players?    White Claw enjoyers?  

Not fg players perse, but since they insist that smash is one then...

Smashers that

A) Hate fgs for being "lesser" than smash.

And 

B) Use fg terminology incorrectly

mpsz49xa1i571.jpg

I had a lengendary post from one of those fools saved as a photo that sumarized in just one example that kind of player, but i think is lost to time due SRK being gone.

12 minutes ago, Skort said:

Kinda random but would you like if the SF characters in SF 6 would have the option to speak in the language they originate from , while still having the english / japanese options available ofc.

I personally would like it.

I wouldn't mind, but then again, i think is one of those things that require extra effort that most people wouldn't use.

Plus it gets silly when it is done like on Tekken, where everyone is speaking on different languages, but the game wants to pretend they understand each other regardless, lol.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

I actually don't mind rage quitters since is a testament of how much i got under their skin.

Bonus points if they send hate mail afterwards.

Well that's one thing I'll give SFIV. The hate mail was a lot easier for bitch ass quitters to send. So did laugh my ass off back then. Sometimes I'd pick Blanka to purposely troll people like that and trigger them harder. 🤣

9 minutes ago, Skort said:

SF series usually prides itself with realistic scenarios. 

If she was wearing cargo pants though.

5 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Any moden fighting game has a training mode that has specifically option designed for AI Conditioning, Baiting, Abare and Frame Traps?

SF5 and Strive let you record multiple options and have the CPU choose one randomly. Frame traps you can practice by making the dummy act after getting hit etc. Even though they don't have those things you can still practice a chunk of them.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

SF5 and Strive let you record multiple options and have the CPU choose one randomly. Frame traps you can practice by making the dummy act after getting hit etc. Even though they don't have those things you can still practice a chunk of them.

Yup. I was looking something that demos or something specific of a tutorial that is so elaborate on it

4 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Low Rank SFV Kens and every Blanka player. These Kens are legit meth addicts, having OD-induced seizures as they play, and Blanka players aren’t even human… the congealed hair and soap scum from my shower drain picked up a controller and booted up SFV

Much like Blanka itself. Absolutely trash. Dare I even say worse than Phoenix Suns fans.

Once_again_you_have_judged_correctly.gif

9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

JQBx.gif

8 hours ago, Skort said:

Kinda random but would you like if the SF characters in SF 6 would have the option to speak in the language they originate from , while still having the english / japanese options available ofc.

Not really. It's extra effort/money that is better spent on superior English and Japanese VAs, better writers, and maybe even more dialogue/interactions between characters.

For most characters I still use the Japanese VAs. The delivery is more likely to be charming and memorable. 

12 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

So, apparently Guilty Gear's latest trailer shows Bedman's sister, Bedwoman Delilah.

FQ50xmoVEAA0LO1?format=jpg&name=large

So...

They're the reddit bros.

Upvote and Downvote.

It really makes you wonder what drug Daisuke takes to come up with this stuff.

Hold alllll the way up, are we talking about a new Story announcement!?

STORY GANG WHERE YOU AT!?

LZGVQ4.gif

Spoiler

Source: https://arcsystemworks.com/guilty-gear-strive-another-story-update-announcement/

So that explains where everyone else were during the main story. Good call tbh, it allowed the main story to flow better without having to fit a bunch of plotlines with no relation to the main conflict.

Kinda like what Tekken 7 tried to do, but y'know, without the hyper-enthusiastic journalist. Still don't like what they did to Arcade mode tho, but I guess it was to preserve the surprise.

4 hours ago, Sonero said:

I've been wondering where Yipes has been.... he's easily the most hype commentator, everybody loves him, yet we never see him?   I've barely even seen Ultra David and Chen either.  It's like Capcom doesn't seem to care about retaining talent.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
2 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I've been wondering where Yipes has been.... he's easily the most hype commentator, everybody loves him, yet we never see him?   

Yipes was commentating Strive a couple hours ago at Texas Showdown.  Paired with St Cola, it was great. 

The white bread they put on afterward was also surprisingly good. 

And matches are hype!

18 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

It's like Capcom doesn't seem to care about retaining talent.  

Why would they? These dude showed their asses for a chance to do FGC commentating once. They'll be out in the red light district walking around offering commentary servics at the drop of a hat.

2 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I've been wondering where Yipes has been.... he's easily the most hype commentator, everybody loves him, yet we never see him?   I've barely even seen Ultra David and Chen either.  It's like Capcom doesn't seem to care about retaining talent.  

From what I seen yipes focuses on the games he has the most fun with. I see him doing strive and mvc 2/3/ infinite, and some dbfz sometimes

Don't know if Capcom left him behind as much as he would rather do stuff for games he likes over sfv 

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Definitely the best version of SF2 on NES I've ever seen.

unfortunately the person seems not interested on completing the project there are also multiple people remaking a famicom and only one that seems to be interested in finishing it. 

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

They really committed to captain commando being a piece of garbage... captain sword still doesn't hit all the way 😭

People who played this never jacked somebody in the corner with Captain Sword in MvC1.

All the modding they do, did they ever fix assists so that you actually have defensive ones? They spend all this time coming up with new characters and fancy combos that they don't do the simple things the game needs to play better.

40 minutes ago, Sonero said:

All the modding they do, did they ever fix assists so that you actually have defensive ones? They spend all this time coming up with new characters and fancy combos that they don't do the simple things the game needs to play better.

Meh, it used to irk me a bit when it came out how there was no really good defensive assists other than Haggar lariat. It's only marvel 3 to me at this point. It's definitely not like the other games, but I wouldn't say it's a detriminate to not have good defensive assists.

I also think with the way movement and damage is simplified that reserving a slot for only an assist character seems like a serious gamble. Umvc3 developed around "3 character" teams compared to Marvel 2.

That being said, it would have been cool to see where vanilla mvc3 would have went. There is definitely lots of unexplored craziness to delve into.

18 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Whenever many things start moving into the hands of the few like this, it's a dark omen. 

2ba3b86558bcae7a910ec0baa88f7ed159a79547

I know what you mean, but ngl, the first thing that came to my mind was "This dude is a Bison fan! Man's out there for literal world domination!" 🤣

If anything, this is probably going to blow Twitter up tbh. A lotta people don't want meme man in charge. Should be interesting to see how this develops.

I just know people will upload tech vids to TikTok tho. That makes me sick just thinking about it. 🤢