Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

17 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

In modern fighting games, was there a fighting game character that have a special properties that some of his/her normals to be designed as an unblockable?

How do they implement it and, what were the condition applied for that  character's unblockable normal to make it not that broken or something to balance that normal attack?

Thanks Guys

In MK9 Cyrax had a command normal that was a grab and it lead to a couple of bomb resets. 

38 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Hoping for FANG or Rose to take this, because they are the most "Fuck Luke" characters up there. Actually who am I kidding? Anyone but Luke would be great.

Any thoughts on Fang in SF6? How do you want him represented and presented?

5 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I think they took the humor too far and made him not menacing enough - Which is what you would expect from Sagat's replacement. The character didn't resonate with a lot of people unfortunately even though the playstyle and aesthetic (except the mishapen head) are incredibly inspired for SF.

I think he will be like Crimson Viper was in SF5 but in SF6 at best - A story NPC. The female young apprentice Phantom would probably have a bigger impact on the FGC's pervy male audiences. Sigh.

Edited by Daemos
On 4/30/2022 at 1:07 AM, Shakunetsu said:

In modern fighting games, was there a fighting game character that have a special properties that some of his/her normals to be designed as an unblockable?

How do they implement it and, what were the condition applied for that  character's unblockable normal to make it not that broken or something to balance that normal attack?

Thanks Guys

There are normals in Melty Blood Type Lumina that are unblockable. The stipulation being that you have to get it into "Blowback Edge" state by holding down the button to charge up the move. The charged version of the move is reactable but you still need the knowledge to know what it looks like in the middle of strings.

Edit: lots of characters can do this, Shiki Tohno 5C, Powered Ciel 2C, Hisui 4B, Kohaku 236B, etc

Edited by elliephil
On 4/29/2022 at 10:07 PM, Shakunetsu said:

Thanks Guy

Zato can make his 6K overhead onblockable by previously sending Eddie low. 

He gets nothing off of it without meter and requires setting up Eddie first.  It still loses to DPs and other iframe'd reversals.

18 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I don't care about the mod. This dudes spent 5 meters to not kill somebody in a game with a bunch of dumb shit ToDs.

do that to me and I'm unplugging your controller. Wasn't even a cool looking combo. SMH.

Until that clip, I'd never seen someone with 5 bars use 2 Max Mode Quicks in one combo. Like why?

On 5/1/2022 at 8:55 AM, Shakunetsu said:

This is a hopium tier take but I think in addition to already confirmed Ryu and Luke, we're also going to see Ed, Falke, Fang, Kolin, Urien, Rashid, Viper, G, Rose will be in the roster due to lore reasons. 

For most other characters their story more or less wrapped in V, so unless Capcom comes up with a new arc that will tie into the Illuminati full moving forward with their plans - then they're only bring included doe to popularity and not story relevance (keep in mind the vanilla SFV roster was determined precisely for this reason) 

Bison will be making a reappearance but he's gonna be like Joker in Injustice 2 - a noncanonical sort of ghost haunting other characters (Cammy, Chun, Ed, or maybe FANG goes batshit insane and starts seeing things including Bison in everybody who he meets) 

26 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Yes, because Lore and Story have been taken so serious in the SF-verse.

If anything, they most likely retcon the entirety of SFV by the time of SFVI, wouldn't be the first time.

I mean like I said - back during the pre-SFV release period, iirc Combofiend did an interview about the game and when asked about the roster, he directly mentioned that the character picks were based on the story relevance (except for Mika whom Ono simped for to be added)

it's entirely possible 6 follows that philosophy to a certain extent, which can already be seen by Luke's inclusion who's now the spotlight character for the upcoming story arc

1 hour ago, Volta said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you Fortnite players out there. I don't care for your crappy kiddie shooter whatsoever, but thanks to you guys, business suit Blanka is a shoo-in for SF6. Hopefully at the expense of bland-ass karate gi Makoto, or any other Makoto for that matter.

I pray makoto is in vanilla 6 and she's broken enough to command grab into super into stun you every round 🙂

8 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Bison will be making a reappearance but he's gonna be like Joker in Injustice 2 - a noncanonical sort of ghost haunting other characters (Cammy, Chun, Ed, or maybe FANG goes batshit insane and starts seeing things including Bison in everybody who he meets) 

yeah he'll be also likely a backstory character too.

I always wanted to know.

How is it to have the Lore you try to keep up with completly thrown on it's head every 2 weeks?

You try to make to much sense, Capcom doesn't like that. I am certain that they have no clue about the laws of their own world.

Heck I am still certain that they have a board in a hallway where people write single words and then make a "story" out of it, cause ain't no way in hell there is any competent writer on the team or maybe they hired Danuser.

18 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I am certain that they have no clue about the laws of their own world.

I want to disagree but I can't haha

20 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

ause ain't no way in hell there is any competent writer on the team or maybe they hired Danuser.

I don't think it's about a competent writer they probably had someone internally for their other single player focus game to do so,

they just don't care at all and every new person probably in capcom that would be handed over SF would rather want their own version of SF and how things would work or how their own version of the SF story is. That clearly what happened with SF2, SF3 and SFEX, likely also for SF6.

It was only SFAlpha, SF4 and SF5 that had that kinda of bridging things together.

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

Fortnite going crazy with the SF right now.

Ryu/Chun/Cammy/Guile are back in the shop. 

💰💰💰

I'm probably the only one here plays the game but oh well.  :coffee:

I used to play it because it was required for work (I worked at Epic for almost a year, lol)

in fact, the only reason why i never bought Chun Li was because i have as policy to give money back to my employer.

And when a coworker said he would buy her for me as a "gift" with the condition to buy a skin for him next, she was already gone.

Perhaps I should buy her now that I no longer work at Epic, but I no longer play Fortnite.

I only know that SFV story was utter trash.

The chars were either become more 1 dimensional than before, how? dunno, but capcom did it.

Or got their accomplishments cough **Chun-Li** cough stripped away and given to other chars.

Like how they made Karin the equivalent of Rei from SW, with all the Mary Sueness, basically being the sole reason why Bison was defeated.

They could had 2 main branches, one focusing on Ryu against Necalli, and another one with Chun, Guile and company against Shadaloo, but i guess that was too much to think of.

7 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Who are the alpha 3 and sf3 characters that didn't appeared on SF5, that you think will never be playable again in SF6?

From Alpha we're pretty much only waiting on Sodom to reappear in a modern Capcom fighting game, everybody else made their way into 4 or 5 already. Personally I don't care about Sodom, he'll be just another wack comedy relief character like Rufus and Birdie 

From 3 we've yet to see Twelve, Necro, Remy, Sean again, and I could certainly live without Elena making a comeback after 4, or Ibuki after 5 (seriously, now that they changed her design to a generic schoolgirl she has no standout features and continues to be a slut story wise) 

I do want Hugo, Dudley, Makoto to reappear though, but Capcom will have to work hard to differentiate Balrog, Ed and Dudley assuming all 3 eventually are in the same game. 

Also Yun/Yang should become a tag character, that shit with the supers in CVS2 was tight, imagine if it carried into most other attacks like throws, specials, and Universal mechanics 

Oh and funnily enough, despite V going on a nostalgia trip with its characters, we somehow never got Thawk, Fei Long, and Deejay back? They're the ONLY SF2 characters that did not ever return from 4 while everyone else did. Even fucking Honda became DLC in one of the last seasons.