Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Its kinda funny, in the DBF thread there was a discussion about FGs being hard to balance and all that.  I honestly believe old games have a lot of accidents. But now a days, I'm 100% sure devs are doing absolute dumb shit on purpose.

There's way too much stuff that is intentionally dumb for it to be accidental. Think SF5 might be the most purposefully dumb stuff though.

Here's a question guys

Excluding FGs that have long vertical scroll, anime like aerial movement as universal and aerial combo a like (DBFZ and Mavhel) 

Kinda along the types of SFV, Tekken, Tekken Tag, SFxT, CVS, KOF and etc category.

About Gameplay Reasons and Match Up.

1.) What makes a FG of having a tag mechanic better over a FG having 1v1 round system battle?

2.) What makes a FG of having a tag mechanic better over a FG with team mechanic w/out a tag system?

3.) What makes a FG of having a 1v1 round system battle better over a FG with a tag mechanic?

4.) What makes a FG of having a 1v1 round system battle better over a FG with team mechanic w/out a tag system?

5.) What makes a FG of having a team mechanic w/out tag system better over a 1v1 round system battle?

6.) What makes a FG of having a team mechanic w/out tag system better over a FG with a tag mechanic?

What do you think about Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution's approach on the team switch character only in-between rounds. Does that an issue with match up?

Thanks.

Edited by Shakunetsu
39 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Here's a question guys

Excluding FGs that have long vertical scroll, anime like aerial movement as universal and aerial combo a like (DBFZ and Mavhel) 

Kinda along the types of SFV, Tekken, Tekken Tag, SFxT, CVS, KOF and etc category.

About Gameplay Reasons and Match Up.

1.) What makes a FG of having a tag mechanic better over a FG having 1v1 round system battle?

2.) What makes a FG of having a tag mechanic better over a FG with team mechanic w/out a tag system?

3.) What makes a FG of having a 1v1 round system battle better over a FG with a tag mechanic?

4.) What makes a FG of having a 1v1 round system battle better over a FG with team mechanic w/out a tag system?

5.) What makes a FG of having a team mechanic w/out tag system better over a 1v1 round system battle?

6.) What makes a FG of having a team mechanic w/out tag system better over a FG with a tag mechanic?

What do you think about Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution's approach on the team switch character only in-between rounds. Does that an issue with match up?

Thanks.

Imo, all of that just boils down to preference.

47 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Everyone talking about Luke and I'm watching Momochi's Cody do SF2 world warrior damage in combos. 🤔 He sent Daigo to the phantom zone before I could turn my head.

Side note: I don't have a issue with Cody, it's just funny to me.

About time Cody is good in a game!  Those level 2 ex zonk combos hurt.  

5 hours ago, Reticently said:

Yeah, it's not really whether the game is any one of those things- it's whether the game is good, and those things just help the games distinguish themselves from one another.

6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Imo, all of that just boils down to preference.

I thought there was some match up issues or complexity advantage if it's a team or something. thanks for the insights

7 hours ago, Sonero said:

Cody is good in A3 though.

He was also solid in SF4. Capcom had to overbuff some blondes to make up for nerfing Cammy.

He was midtier in Alpha 3, probably low mid in 4. He really wasn't great in 4 but he was fun so I didn't care.

Many pros are putting Cody in S tier this season so this might be his best version yet.

Edited by HeavensCloud
2 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Many pros are putting Cody in S tier this season so this might be his best version yet.

Vesper put a vid out about Cody doing too much damage but haven't peeped yet.

Honeslty I deleted the SF5 file from my PS4 a few weeks back. Don't even put the random SF5 vids while doing dishes anymore. I have broken free of the curse of this game. Luke came in and cleansed the evil that kept me playing.

🙏

On 5/6/2022 at 6:55 PM, Sonero said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476zsknmt1shvmyl18ck

mjpls_br.png

7 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Even when SFV was announced.

I never seen parry should be associated with Ryu, I was even saying in SRK threads that should be for Ken.

I preferred Ryu to have the focus attack instead because of the referenced and lore.

That doesn't sound like a good idea. Ken was supposed to be the flashier offensive shoto since SF2 and Akuma gets the whole toolbox at the cost of health. That by default means that if Ryu doesn't have a focus on defensive tools and a better ground fireball, he's straight up outclassed from the jump. Not to mention it makes perfect sense for Ryu to have parries considering his martial art background and personality compared to the other main shotos.

What we really should be talking about is how they need to get rid of Evil Ryu for good this time because there are seriously way too many shotos in this game. I'm interested to see why Daigo would want to get parries off Ryu though.

But as we all know... Story isn't quite SF's brightest point.

4 hours ago, Volt said:

That doesn't sound like a good idea. Ken was supposed to be the flashier offensive shoto since SF2 and Akuma gets the whole toolbox at the cost of health. That by default means that if Ryu doesn't have a focus on defensive tools and a better ground fireball, he's straight up outclassed from the jump. Not to mention it makes perfect sense for Ryu to have parries considering his martial art background and personality compared to the other main shotos.

This was, What I was pointing out in SFV reveal before Season 1

DMqWM72.png

It appeared in manga, and the cancelled game Capcom Fighting All Stars as a new move for Ryu

It's popularly known as Ryu Focus attack, it's named Kaze no Kobushi aka Fist of the Wind 

Yet after that in SFV, Parry is now permanent to Ryu's character, but I like the FOTW better.

4 hours ago, Volt said:

What we really should be talking about is how they need to get rid of Evil Ryu for good this time because there are seriously way too many shotos in this game.

I'm sure Evil Ryu won't return as a playable separate character. hopefully because it makes the default Ryu obsolete and that story is way not fitting for Ryu character development anymore because of his aged and it too long.

Edited by Shakunetsu
10 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I'm sure Evil Ryu won't return as a playable separate character. hopefully because it makes the default Ryu obsolete and that story is way not fitting for Ryu character development anymore because of his aged and it too long.

May I remind you that this is Capcom we are talking about.

I remember them saying that Evil Ryu was gone now and then they droped Kage like a week later.

They will never stop making more shotos, never.

4 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

May I remind you that this is Capcom we are talking about.

I remember them saying that Evil Ryu was gone now and then they droped Kage like a week later.

They will never stop making more shotos, never.

It's time for evil sean, alex and luke, they need to stop the evil ryu thing haha