Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

3 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Thread about the art in Marvel Super Heroes. 

Only one I recognized before this was the Jim Lee Magneto.

Aside from Spidey still having his costume on, his ending is straight from Spectacular Spider-Man #220. 

ji6KCp9.png

exwJ3ZM.jpg?1

hWhjeNH.png

AXnlfC5.jpg?1

Mary Jane reveals she's pregnant in that issue as well.

Jw6FxmO.jpg

I love the endings in MSH.

Source https://automaton-media.com/en/news/20220512-12505/

Capcom has announced its consolidated financial results for the year ended March 31, 2022 (April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022). In it, the company states that a portion of the business operated by Capcom U.S.A. had been transferred to Capcom on April 1, 2021. Although not explicitly mentioned, the transaction likely includes the rights for the Street Fighter series as well.

The Street Fighter series was born in Japan, but its IP rights were transferred to Capcom U.S.A. at some point. Although no official announcement had been made, character designer Akira Yasuda wrote a blog in November 2004 saying that Capcom sold the rights to Capcom U.S.A., so it'll be difficult to publish art books going forward (the blog post had since been deleted, but there's an archive via Wayback Machine). If you look at the copyright notice, most of the past series titles have ©CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. written on it, and not ©CAPCOM CO., LTD.

Click to shrink...

"The purpose of this transaction is to build a unified content management structure for the business acquisition company through integrating the Game Contents business and Merchandising business from the business transfer company. Thus, we aim to increase profits and brand value through further development of our Single Content Multiple Usage strategy."

Finally finished watching all the footage on the Miami Grand Prix. I was wishing I was there, but it seems a pretty middling affair...

Congrats to Max Verstappen, and Ferrari on their 2nd and 3rd finishes. Awesome battle up front, and hard earned by Verstappen, especially against such a strong Leclerc.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

That's the most random shit. Gonna have to rename this thread to the Street Course and Shaggy Smash Brothers 5 thread.

😂

I think I may have to start over in Cities: Skyline after accidentally speedrunning the "worst mayor" achievement.  Keeping the water and electricity on while not going broke is harder than it looks.

On 5/12/2022 at 1:11 PM, Dayaan said:

Right now I'm learning Canada. This circuit has so little grip! It's tough unless you have a car with more drag, so I'm learning to balance all the fuckery.

Which course is it? I only know of Toronto and Montreal in real life. Montreal is much nicer lol. Toronto is just some of our streets closed off to form a race track.

16 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Which course is it? I only know of Toronto and Montreal in real life. Montreal is much nicer lol. Toronto is just some of our streets closed off to form a race track.

Montreal of course. It’s called Circuit Gilles-Villenueve named after Gilles Villenueve, the legendary driver for both Ferrari and McLaren.

It’s described as “very easy” but I find it very difficult. I suppose I’m just not that great a driver yet, but it’s undoubtedly very fun. I enjoy it more than Bahrain, which I consider to be my best circuit. I still need to tweak my car to find the right setup for Gilles-Villenueve but I consistently get better at it. I’m really enjoying pushing the car and my limits…

47 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

@SoneroI don't know if you've got PS+, but if you do Curse of the Dead Gods is free; it's a game similar to Hades.

I have it on steam. Really good game. Can't really go at it like Hades or you die quickly. Had to chill a bit when playing to really get into its own rhythm.

Game is really cool though.

37 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Unirocinally enough that's more or less how a homie of mine feels. He got to play a bunch in Korea. After playing Korean and Japanese players, a lot of the US master ranks were basically bums to him. Bad footsies, bad strats, a lot of bad everything.

The comparisons to 3rd strike and sf4 are what make me laugh the most. Like, those are completely different games? There is only a handful from each game that A) play SFV and B) meet up to the level of skill they have in each respective game.

Street Fighter is not a legacy game like Tekken or BlazBlue or Guilty Gear (pre strive).

Edited by elliephil

What do you think guys about customs stick, hitbox and pads that has macros and binds? 

It what extent is cheating and tolerable? 

Is plinking, slinking and piano healthy for modern FGs for casuals?

Thanks

27 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Street Fighter is not a legacy game like Tekken or BlazBlue or Guilty Gear (pre strive).

What do you mean a legacy game, correct me if I am wrong. That every game sequel plays differently to each other right?

Just now, Shakunetsu said:

What do you mean a legacy game, correct me if I am wrong. That every game sequel plays differently to each other right?

Yes exactly. SF2 is very different to Alpha, which is very different to 3, so on and so forth. Games like Tekken have movement and game mechanics that have carried over across titles, with some small differences. (Bound vs corkscrew). Mechanics like parry, V-Ism, fadc, plinking, priority system, etc change the way each SF game is played significantly.

5 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

What do you think guys about customs stick, hitbox and pads that has macros and binds? 

1. They are cool.

2. I think it becomes cheating when you have multiples of the same input binded to different buttons.

3. Honestly, I don't really know what constitutes a casual anymore. I feel like it's not even a factor for them?

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

I think that he means where experience from older games translates into the newer one, seeing that he made the distinction of excluding strive, but i am not 100% if i am correct in that interpretation of his post

Yes basically. Being good at sf4 will not automatically translate to you being good at super turbo, alpha, etc. Some skills from Tekken 7 will translate back to Tekken 3, 5dr, etc

I excluded strive because I think it's the most radical change they did to Guilty Gear since Guilty Gear 1 to Guilty Gear X. I'm sure I'm not alone with that feeling.

25 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Yes basically. Being good at sf4 will not automatically translate to you being good at super turbo, alpha, etc. Some skills from Tekken 7 will translate back to Tekken 3, 5dr, etc

I excluded strive because I think it's the most radical change they did to Guilty Gear since Guilty Gear 1 to Guilty Gear X. I'm sure I'm not alone with that feeling.

Ehhhh, AC (and +R by extension) were pretty wild tbh, but I know what you're saying.

Reminds me of the whole discussion about "Real Street Fighter".

Also, I can't stop laughing at Ultras taking skill. People were out there mashing that shit on wake-up lmaoooooo🤣

6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Programmable controllers are a no. SF ain't balanced for a one button super.

Macros or binds are only allowed by what the game specifically gives everyone regardless of controller. Anything else is a programmable controller by another name. 

Plinking etc is a great motor skill and one of the defining things about FGs.   Removing mechanical difficulty and the ways to deal with it, removing timing difficulty on combos .. soon you just end up with a Final Fight game with an alternate jump input. Two player vs mode Final Fight is a very boring game and starts to resemble pre-SF2 FGs.

5 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

So they are only tweaking a small subset of chars, or are they planning to release more changes in the future?

I don't think that they've said anything one way or another. 

Nearly everything they did aside from Luke was a bug fix.  Maybe we wouldn't even have gotten those fixes if players weren't pressuring them so much to do something about Luke.

7 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

what?

Don't take me TOO seriously on that.  It's just that it feels like "Hey, let's take an assassin that steals victims' faces and the girlfriend of the clown who murdered Jason Todd, and see if they can beat up a robot written to help kids get over a parent's suicide and... let's say Bugs Bunny."

Like Sonero said, they're just spamming IP that consumers of a certain age are going to recognize without regard to why you'd even put those things together.  They're not committing some grave transgression doing it, but it's still kind of crass and vaguely off-putting. 

Edited by Reticently
24 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Don't take me TOO seriously on that.  It's just that it feels like "Hey, let's take an assassin that steals victims' faces and the girlfriend of the clown who murdered Jason Todd, and see if they can beat up a robot written to help kids get over a parent's suicide and... let's say Bugs Bunny."

Like Sonero said, they're just spamming IP that consumers of a certain age are going to recognize without regard to why you'd even put those things together.  They're not committing some grave transgression doing it, but it's still kind of crass and vaguely off-putting. 

I like the girl with a sword. I think her name's Anna.

15 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Like Sonero said, they're just spamming IP that consumers of a certain age are going to recognize without regard to why you'd even put those things together. 

Its basically this. When I first saw the chick with the sword, I wasn't sure what the deal was. Then it turns out its Arya and...that shit makes no sense as to why she is there. This is kind of having the same problem as the nick game. They are really trying to get a piece of the Smash market without understand one big important part of why Smash work: Nintendo is basically a cult so all Nintendonites are going to buy Nintendo stuff always while praying to their characters so they get a new game. It also works in smash because you already played these characters and get to play with them again in a different light. You don't interact with TV shows that way.

Instead of really trying to do some new stuff, people are going around pitching at any company with a bunch of IPs that they can just do a smash game and totally get in with the competitive smash crowd (who is notorious for not playing other shit).

At this point they might as well go:

Hey Mid 30s and late 20somethings, do you remember Creed, 3rd Eye Blind and Staind? Well do we have the game for you:

LATE 90S BOOMERROCK THROW DOWN!

Now you can play as all your favorite bands that got heavy rotation on your cities 3rd tier rock station and fight other bands with your friends who also grew up going to your friends house and playing Goldeneye on the N65!  This game is going to have all the hits, and even the minor hits.

Characters are:

CREED
STAIND
PUDDLE OF MUD
POWERMAN 5000
INCUBUS
AND HOLY SHIT THERE GOES DISTRUBED!

WE'RE HIP SO HAVE SOME OTHER LOWKEY COOL REFERENCES SO YOU FEEL LIKE IN THE KNOW

SUBLIME

AND A FEW OTHER FIGHTING BANDS FOR THE NEW KIDS LIKE

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH!

ALSO LARS FROM METALLICA!

They...really, really, really, really wanna get to the kids through their parents. But kids have their own swag. I'd much rather have a Disney game featuring all the princesses fighting each other (even though that would make zero sense) than a lot of this new boomer stuff.

32 minutes ago, Reticently said:

That was centuries ago. Harley Quinn is a reformed villain, antihero, and sometimes hero. And an icon for little girls.

Expand your pop culture knowledge!

612wHJMcunL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Off-topic:

People bitch that Starfire is a bad influence for girls because they watch Teen Titans Go, and then might check her out in the comics, where she actually comes from.

You would expect some backslash for someone like Doctor Light maybe. A villain who has raped people, yet still appears in Teen Titans GO and nobody says anything to my knowledge.

But I like that DC doesn't make these silly connections people do valid, and do what they want.

Edited by AriesWarlock