Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

15 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The actual list:

1. Resident Evil 4 (PS2)

2. Resident Evil 4 (PS4)

Edit: Resident Evil 5 sold more than RE4?!? not sure how legit this site is but source: https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Resident_Evil#Games

Edited by elliephil
13 minutes ago, elliephil said:

The actual list:

1. Resident Evil 4 (PS2)

2. Resident Evil 4 (PS4)

Edit: Resident Evil 5 sold more than RE4?!? not sure how legit this site is but source: https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Resident_Evil#Games

The site I posted is legit. The info comes from Capcom's investor site. Despite RE4 being released on everything under the sun it's not on there top 10 sellers. 

18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The site I posted is legit. The info comes from Capcom's investor site. Despite RE4 being released on everything under the sun it's not on there top 10 sellers. 

Just crazy to think with all the times RE4 has been ported its not on there. Not refuting anything you posted, just thought it was funny.

Just now, elliephil said:

Just crazy to think with all the times RE4 has been ported its not on there. Not refuting anything you posted, just thought it was funny.

I think that the MP campaign is a factor for that.
Is one of the reasons why RE6 (THE GOAT) has also been selling decently, specially years after its release, after the negative reception and perception faded and people found out that it was good fun.

17 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I hear some things about bracket rigging. Though it seems people are still hung up on his domestic abusive charges. 

Well dump him then. If a man is fucking up in different areas like that, it's indicative of his mind.

Wrist grab was impulsive, but nobody is like oops rigged a bracket accidentally my bad.  

Maybe getting off lightly a few years back emboldened him that he can try shit. 

Even a broken Twitter is right twice a day.

Edited by Pair of Rooks

It's messed up of them to refund infil a week before the event when they could have just not accepted his registration in the first place and explained why. That being said, it makes total sense to ban him given what he pulled with the bracket rigging. The domestic abuse stuff I think he could have come back from since it's difficult to justify punishing him for things that have nothing to do with the FGC, but once you show you're willing to damage the community that you want to accept you this outcome isn't surprising.  

1 minute ago, Shahenzan said:

It's messed up of them to refund infil a week before the event when they could have just not accepted his registration in the first place and explained why. That being said, it makes total sense to ban him given what he pulled with the bracket rigging. The domestic abuse stuff I think he could have come back from since it's difficult to justify punishing him for things that have nothing to do with the FGC, but once you show you're willing to damage the community that you want to accept you this outcome isn't surprising.  

The domestic abuse situations seemed sketchy, so it has some ambiguity. The bracket rigging has no such qualifier. It's a certainty. I agree with you though, they should have just not accepted his registration in the first place.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The domestic abuse situations seemed sketchy, so it has some ambiguity.

He got recorded saying some fucked up shit, his wife had bruising around one of her wrists, she broke all his trophies and he went to a judge, plead guilty and paid a fine. She was also maxing out his credit cards on stuff before.

Think there was probably a lot of psychological abuse in a two way street until shit boiled over in bad ways. BUT the thing that matters is that for w/e happened, he went through the legal system in his country and that's that.

So the question is  what's the set up for part of this community dishing out extra-legal punishment on something that was resolved already in the courts? How do they get to decide when its convinient and for how long? Same with the situations with CeroBlast/Filipino Champ/LTG/ ETC. These guys get punished for having said some dumb shit and...then what? how long? Who gets to decide?

Because the goofy lynch mob is sort of out of the bag now. You got...black players who feel like the LGBT people are more protected than they are. Then by extension a chunk of them are gonna start arguing that anybody who ever dropped a soft a deserves a ban now. Which...you know, just search the SRK archives for it and you'll be writing names 'til next century.

It's been a slow rolling clusterfuck for a hot minute now and after the SRK shit, I don't trust any of these people.

I feel bad for him because even though he's done some questionable things (maybe?), he served his time and was tweeting how much he was looking forward to coming back to America for offline events.  Then they ban him like a week before Combo Breaker?   Seems like some people behind the scenes really hate the guy.  Also there was no reason given for the ban other than "code of conduct".

25 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Also there was no reason given for the ban other than "code of conduct".

Yeah that part of it is crazy AF. The situation is so wack but people wanna see infiltration burn so they're letting it all slide. Which is a different bag of bricks altogether.

43 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I been thinking the same thing. It would look petty to punish him for something that already had a legal resolution so needed to find another angle.

It also had a FGC resolution.

Man was banned for a year. He served his ban.

After that, there shouldn't be anything left for discussion. 

Edit: Even the bracket rigging thing is irrelevant. The dude is not running any of these tournaments. 🤣

Edited by Volt
2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Bracket rigging is not irrelevant. Guy shouldn't be let in charge of running any tournaments

Yeah, but that's what I said. He ain't running them, so that's not it.

37 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I forgot the COC existed lol whoops

The FG COC was too small and flaccid of a movement to really have an impact.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Yeah, but that's what I said. He ain't running them, so that's not it.

The FG COC was too small and flaccid of a movement to really have an impact.

Compromising the competitive integrity of an event, especially when there's money on the line and when the intent of the event is to be welcoming to new people is pretty bad. You could even say it runs counter to the whole spirit of the fgc which imo is/ should be fair competition. That's absolutely worth not being welcomed

Now whether rules related to what happens to people who do things wrong are being applied consistently/ fairly/ openly that's a different story...

Edited by Shahenzan