Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

2 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

I am done trying to defend infiltration, you got a target on your back and your decision is to drop an N-bomb? Malice or no malice he is just too fucking dumb.

It's not even about Infiltration for me. He's a talented player that seems incapable of getting out of his own way.  If they banned for cooking brackets fine. I'm with @Soneroon this one. If it's about dropping N-bombs then a lot more people need to go. The FGC is about to look like the NFL when it comes to rules.

5 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

I am done trying to defend infiltration, you got a target on your back and your decision is to drop an N-bomb? Malice or no malice he is just too fucking dumb.

You realize that you said way more borderline racist shit in SRK against Americans than anything Infiltration said, right?

Infiltration didn't drop an N-Bomb. He got moved into a dumb ass convo that's actually true. Hell its been true for the entirety of my time in the FGC. If you are tight with people or have a good respectful relationship, you can say some hilariously fucked up shit to each other. Hell that isn't even FGC related either. That shit was going on at the shop where I played M:TG.  SRK had a similar thing where up a chunk of racial joking happened but basically in good faith. As far as I know shit was only offensive when it wasn't funny.

So what did Infiltration say? That if you are friends with somebody you can call each other fucked up shit like n-word or kimchi eater or "ching chong eating rice".  Why would he say that? Because most likely than not he got hit with some serious ass banter playing money matches and casual sets in the US.

The other thing that very likely happened is that at some point, while learning English, somebody told him that it was cool for him to say it to other people. Why would this happen? Because when people who speak different languages meet, the first thing they do is teach other all the shit they shouldn't say. Hell in high school I could cuss people out in 7 languages. I collected curse words like the infinity stone.

But right, we gotta act like he was actively screaming that at people. This is why I can't deal with the shitty twitter mob logic. Because they are acting like Infiltration said some secret word that hasn't been in US pop culture for 30 years now. Yeah he shouldn't say. But stop acting like just discussing the word turns people into flaming racists. It doesn't.  People that hate will let that R roll like its standing 720. Then they'll follow it up with other actual offensive things meant to attack people. Not try to talk about how making jokes between friends is okay.

9 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You realize that you said way more borderline racist shit in SRK against Americans than anything Infiltration said, right?

Infiltration didn't drop an N-Bomb. He got moved into a dumb ass convo that's actually true. Hell its been true for the entirety of my time in the FGC. If you are tight with people or have a good respectful relationship, you can say some hilariously fucked up shit to each other. Hell that isn't even FGC related either. That shit was going on at the shop where I played M:TG.  SRK had a similar thing where up a chunk of racial joking happened but basically in good faith. As far as I know shit was only offensive when it wasn't funny.

So what did Infiltration say? That if you are friends with somebody you can call each other fucked up shit like n-word or kimchi eater or "ching chong eating rice".  Why would he say that? Because most likely than not he got hit with some serious ass banter playing money matches and casual sets in the US.

The other thing that very likely happened is that at some point, while learning English, somebody told him that it was cool for him to say it to other people. Why would this happen? Because when people who speak different languages meet, the first thing they do is teach other all the shit they shouldn't say. Hell in high school I could cuss people out in 7 languages. I collected curse words like the infinity stone.

But right, we gotta act like he was actively screaming that at people. This is why I can't deal with the shitty twitter mob logic. Because they are acting like Infiltration said some secret word that hasn't been in US pop culture for 30 years now. Yeah he shouldn't say. But stop acting like just discussing the word turns people into flaming racists. It doesn't.  People that hate will let that R roll like its standing 720. Then they'll follow it up with other actual offensive things meant to attack people. Not try to talk about how making jokes between friends is okay.

you misunderstand, I'm not mad at the fact that he said the n-word because it's the n-word.
I'm mad at him because he's a dumbass.
As I already said, he can't pick his nose without the internet being absolutely outraged, and he goes and drops an N-bomb?  You should know that that's gonna start a shitstorm even if people weren't already out to get ya.

That's why I am done defending him, as soon as waters calm, he's just gonna do some dumb shit that people will gladly lose their shit about.

@Shakunetsu

found it, the video should start at the right minute if it doesn't just go to 15:52

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

According to Twitter, you cannot be racist against americans as long as they don't have white skin.

If they have white skin, they are racist (insert 50 other buzzwords here) and can never be redeemed for their sin of being born with the wrong amount of pigmentations in their skin.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
40 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

I'm mad at him because he's a dumbass.

He didn't do anything. Hell he didn't do anything that wasn't done worst by other asian players already:

Hell since we got people saying using it in any context is bannable, GCYoshi about to get clapped too:

82rvvp4jzp091.jpg

Maybe the next big FGC games is Black Guys vs LGBT vs Asians using N words.

That's gonna be the craziest team game to hit the arcade.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Based on a similar preference, I agree. The genre has gotten more rewarding toward losing players well over 2 decades now, either scrapping, and replacing mechanical abstract concepts to where the outcome of matches in recent times remains the same. It's ok to have preferences, but Daigo just resonates with me that there were more variety of improvising during the genre's earlier times.

8 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

According to Twitter, you cannot be racist against americans as long as they don't have white skin.

Except when you are calling out idiots that are trying to calncel bandwagon someone.

At the start of the year, the #ShutUpGringo2022 started trending really hard with almost a million tweets per day at its peak when some random imbeciles started harassing a japanese artist because he drew with pastel colors a fan art for encant, and they thought he was whitewashing the characters.

People from all latin america jumped to defend the artists and told them to shut the fuck up, that we dont care, we like the art and they don't speak for us.

Then they started trying to push the idea that gringo is some form of slur against white people 🤣

Nevermind that is used for anyone from USA, and almost everyone in latin america  use it like a demonym, the same way that people from my country are called catrachos, guatemaltecans are called chapins, salvadoreans are called guanacos, etc.

Edited by Hecatom

The funniest shit about all that has to be how that conversation changed.  That word is still contested in the black community. It used to be that the younger generation called it reclaiming and the older  one HATED it because they didn't see much difference between "er" and "a". In a lot of ways it was also lowkey political because there definitely was  a divide between more older conservative and younger left leaning.

Now some of this is trying to put the genie back in the bottle for 30 years of Hip Hop and some stellar black TV shows (The Wire, Boondocks) putting it in the pop culture of the whole country and the planet. But what is the battleground for all this? Bum ass FGC where it should be hella easy to explain the situation. Instead we got a blood bath on twitter.

This is fucking dumb.

😒 🤏 🍿

The big takeaway I have from this is that it took a racial slur rather than the proven and convicted domestic abuse charge (plus the lying about it, I don't have a source on it tho) to get barred. Not that I'm trying to place value on either of those things as being worth more than the other because I'm not. I thought he would have been banned sooner.

Edited by elliephil
4 hours ago, Sonero said:

The funniest shit about all that has to be how that conversation changed.  That word is still contested in the black community. It used to be that the younger generation called it reclaiming and the older  one HATED it because they didn't see much difference between "er" and "a". In a lot of ways it was also lowkey political because there definitely was  a divide between more older conservative and younger left leaning.

This is also accurate for the F word  (F*ggot). Millennial homos and even older homos, we lean towards despising the word and contest its use. Younger homos on the other hand want to reclaim it among other words yadda yadda yadda.

I'm not a fan of slurs. They're cheap and they carry their own weight that only the ones affected by them will really understand. It's like if I swear at you in a language you don't speak, you won't actually be offended because you don't understand the meaning of a single thing I am saying. But if I were to say something you know, or understand intimately, it can hurt if you're not prepared.

I still would hope to avoid censoring people.

Edited by Daemos
On 5/19/2022 at 4:37 PM, Reticently said:

We really do need to get some sort of forum related ShamSho night to happen again one of these days.

If you're rusty enough, the rest of us might actually pick up some rounds 😂

I'm not as schooled up on ss7 so if that's the one we're playing you guys would definitely take some mat he's from me.

Now if it's 5Sp prepare. To. Die! 😂

10 hours ago, elliephil said:

it took a racial slur rather than the proven and convicted domestic abuse charge (plus the lying about it, I don't have a source on it tho) to get barred

Infiltration was already banned for a year from participating in cpt + he self imposed a ban from any tournaments (and even streaming iirc) period during that same year

He served the sentence that the South Korean Court of law ruled, and a dispute was reached between him and his wife 

I don't fucking know what else do people want for him to do, plus there were no further cases documented since the original 2018 incident, and yet EVERY SINGLE TIME there is some sort of mention of a player ban on social media, the twitter mob gang keeps mentioning his name 

This shit just really reeks of a Korean version of Depp vs Heard, where a relatively poorly known person gets together with a more well known person, and when it doesn't work out between the two of them - crazy shit starts happening because the husband didn't meet the divorce demands from the wife 

Heard has zero documented traumas from Depp despite all the insane stories shared under oath 

Infil wife had one wrist bruise as a result of him attempting to forcibly stop her from further destroying his belongings, after already having several tourney trophies broken 

But no, apparently holding a wrist is equal to domestic violence and the twitter tards rather want infil to disappear from the public forever and ever and have no presence, competitive or online

Edited by PVL_93_RU
3 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Infiltration was already banned for a year from participating in cpt + he self imposed a ban from any tournaments (and even streaming iirc) period

Yes true. I thought they would have stepped it up due to that being a pretty serious and high profile case. Seems like they cared more about the slur than the other thing.

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

thought they would have stepped it up due to that being a pretty serious and high profile case

the season-long ban from any fighting game competition was already a massive hit to infil's income, considering the lost potential prizes for placing high in premium tier events across the globe

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

Seems like they cared more about the slur than the other thing.

the +a issue came up only just now and only the TOs for Combo Breaker, EVO and CEO issued a ban. Capcom or any other entity have not commented on the scandal, so clearly it's entirely localized within the NA FGC to please the twitter masses

Good thing the FGC is dead.

Now the clean eSportFGC can rule and be the rightful judges to our morals!
They shall judge if you are worthy of being a human or if you are just a garbage bin!

Let your Twitter overlord tell you what is right and what is wrong in this black and white world!

PRAISE SIGMAR!!!!

Oh wait frong script.

On 5/22/2022 at 6:38 AM, Sonero said:

Now some of this is trying to put the genie back in the bottle for 30 years of Hip Hop and some stellar black TV shows (The Wire, Boondocks) putting it in the pop culture of the whole country and the planet. But what is the battleground for all this? Bum ass FGC where it should be hella easy to explain the situation. Instead we got a blood bath on twitter.

This is fucking dumb.

😒 🤏 🍿

spacer.png

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Those options are pretty effing cool.

SSBU's input buffering is broken because it only buffers buttons not directions IIRC, and, it's a long buffer.  So it'll pair a button you pressed 10f ago with the direction you're pressing now.

Swapping side-b with neutral-b... I can see the appeal but one of the reasons projectiles are on neut is because you rarely need a quick sideswitch at long range, and you can take the time to center the stick since you're at range.  Well, that and Kirby.

Deadzone calibration and input for platform-drop remind me of the old Melee trick. Hold the stick slightly down when you plug in the controller into the GameCube so it thinks your center is lower than actual. This makes your platdrops quicker with the same execution, saving frames on movement. 

More reasons why smash should've never been let at Evo. The last thing FGs need is a guy spending 5 minutes fixing up how he wants his inputs read while setting up buttons. God knows what type of dumb OS nonsense ends up coming out of it.

For years now, we've witnessed players complain about input buffering being too long in games like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Guilty Gear Strive, which can lead to unwanted attacks or dodges after getting hit or performing certain actions.

Yeah, I've been playing Strive for 6 years and lemme tell you something about the buffer in that game.

🤦‍♂️