Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

I kind of like these colourful, over-the-top Duel designs. God I hope SFVI doesn't look too bland...

Also, forgot to mention but I got to Diamond a while back (yay). After that I took a break for a while and when I came back the game put me up against someone who had literally ten times as many points as I had. I managed to put up a fight but midway through my pad broke and randomly made me jump whenever I pressed "right". That's my third Dualshock that broke. Just such shitty quality, out of protest I cancelled my PS+ subscription as well. Hopefully I find a decent controller alternative for whatever system SFVI is going to release on.

Biggest news from this event: 

No characters announced surprisingly enough. No idea why. Perhaps they may have something for Combo Breaker?

Big balance patch will drop on June 10th, two weeks from now. Until then, they’ll post some clips of it on Twitter.

Crossplay beta has been announced. No date given, just that it will be Summer of this year.

Faultless defense will be given a macro.

They will be selling a disk that includes season 1 for $60 dollars. It will be called Guilty Gear Strive Starter Edition.

Not much, but it’s nice to know that the patch will be coming soon. Maybe we’ll get a character reveal when that drops or when CB ends. 

They also did a popularity poll for the characters in Strive.

Spoiler

1) Sol Badguy

2) Sin Kiske

3) Ramlethal Valentine

4) Ky Kiske

5) Baiken

6) Happy Chaos

7) Asuka R Kreutz/That Man

8). Testament

9) Jack-O

10) Faust

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Biggest news from this event: 

No characters announced 

Well, screw you too ArcSys. 🤣

I'm kinda surprised FD doesn't have a macro in Strive already. Weird.

I've been so detached from gaming in general that I don't even remember when DNF will launch. Can't wait to get rid of this exam.

26 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Did the Capcom collections date get announced before or after DNF Duel gave their release date out?

I could be remembering wrong, but I think that capcom announced their date 1st, and dnf later. 

They (DNF) hinted the release date near that date, but confirmed it later. 

But like I said, I am not 100% sure. 

It could be the other way around, that DNF confirmed their dat, and Capcom announced theirs after that.

Edited by Hecatom
On 5/24/2022 at 6:00 PM, Doctrine_Dark said:

@Mattatsu

I’m so excited for this but can’t believe we still don’t know the release date lol.

and thanks everyone. We’re okay. Power came back late on Sunday. Things have just been crazy lately with work and other things.

and @Darc_Requiem, yeah AC is definitely need in southern Ontario. From June to August, we’re often near 30 deg C (86 deg F), with the humidity making it feel like 35 deg C (95 deg F) or higher. Some days are over 100 with humidity.

thankfully, we aren’t there yet. Actually, the power was out because of a nasty storm we got, which broke a lot of the heat. We were at about 27 deg C before the storm and about 17 deg C (63 deg F) after it (when the power was out)

Edited by Mattatsu
On 5/24/2022 at 8:38 AM, Shakunetsu said:

Game Informer recently spoke to Matsumoto running a Q&A about the upcoming Capcom Fighting Collection. Among the questions asked was the one we've all been burning to ask Capcom: Does the inclusion of series like Darkstalkers, Red Earth, and Cyberbots increase the chances of their revival?

Matsumoto began by saying that he wants people to enjoy these classic games on modern consoles and have those who have seen them before, but never played them, to get the opportunity to try them out as well. "That said, we do not think that this will necessarily increase the possibility of these series being revived," said Matsumoto.

This is obviously disconcerting news as fans are set on the idea that this collection is in part being released as a way to gauge interest in series like Darkstalkers. There is no doubt that requests for the return of many classic fighting game series are hurled at Capcom regularly, but the demand for Darkstalkers is one we have seen more than any other.

E6wB4fDXEAQUtCw?format=jpg&name=medium 6bqShhy.jpeg

@Mattatsugood to know they finally fixed the power.

Edited by AriesWarlock
2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Matsumoto began by saying that he wants people to enjoy these classic games on modern consoles and have those who have seen them before, but never played them, to get the opportunity to try them out as well. "That said, we do not think that this will necessarily increase the possibility of these series being revived," said Matsumoto.

The only chance might be turn them into a different type of fighter... to avoid direct competition

13 hours ago, Hecatom said:

unknown.png

I knew that this game was a Space Jam 2 sequel

Wow. Okay, first of all I'm just going to presume it's real due to the artstyle of the portraits.

Secondly, that's a really cool lineup and I'm baffled there's no Harry Potter rep. Could have done without Lebron to be honest but the DC characters are good picks, Godzilla is excellent, so is Gizmo (never would have seen that coming). I have absolutely no idea who the last two guys are though, what is OC?

Can't believe a f2p platformer fighter from a completely new team turns out to be one of my most anticipated games of the year. 

Just now, delete_me said:

Wow. Okay, first of all I'm just going to presume it's real due to the artstyle of the portraits.

Secondly, that's a really cool lineup and I'm baffled there's no Harry Potter rep. Could have done without Lebron to be honest but the DC characters are good picks, Godzilla is excellent, so is Gizmo (never would have seen that coming). I have absolutely no idea who the last two guys are though, what is OC?

Can't believe a f2p platformer fighter from a completely new team turns out to be one of my most anticipated games of the year. 

Original Characters for the game.

Lebron fits in just fine, Idk why we would do without him considering Space Jam 2, which is probably where they got the idea for this game. 

And how tf would Godzilla even work in this game, they gonna shrink him down like Iron Giant? He's best left as a full screen boss or stage hazard but we'll see 

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Lebron fits in just fine, Idk why we would do without him considering Space Jam 2, which is probably where they got the idea for this game. 

And how tf would Godzilla even work in this game, they gonna shrink him down like Iron Giant? He's best left as a full screen boss or stage hazard but we'll see 

I can imagine the picth:
"this movie bombed hard, it's gonna be a perfect idea for a videogame"

5 hours ago, delete_me said:

The thing that gives me pause is "Static Shock". His name is Static. Static Shock was the name of his cartoon.

57 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

I can imagine the picth:
"this movie bombed hard, it's gonna be a perfect idea for a videogame"

Or, that movie was just WB showing off its massive stash of IPs then sayin let's make a game with all those properties we have 🤷🏾‍♂️

20 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

When asked about a reveal at Evo, said "I think that they definitely go hard with SF6 at Evo. But I've heard that SF6 is getting its reveal sooner than that. We'll see."

Yeah sure, Imma get hype for the reveal of a game that I need a console I can't buy or a PC I can't build for a game that won't run properly on one of those options.

blowup of the year.

Highly unlikely for SF 6 gameplay reveal to happen next week. I wouldn't mind it but i doubt it.

Does Capcom even need another company's  event to showcase this ? I don't think so. They are just going to do a live stream for it when they do decide to show it and after that we can expect to see more news about it at other events, having the role to hype people up and to keep interest up until the game is finally released in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The thing that gives me pause is "Static Shock". His name is Static. Static Shock was the name of his cartoon.

I've looked at it a bit closer and yeah, there are some aspects that make me question the legitimacy. Betelgeuse's name not being in caps lock, the Brute character looking stitched together, Eleven being in there (she's a Netflix property), no Harry Potter rep, Gizmo being too cool to be true etc. Strongly leaning towards fake now, but it's a good job, at first glance it looks convincing.

18 minutes ago, Skort said:

Does Capcom even need another company's  event to showcase this ? I don't think so.

They do to reach a wider audience. These universal platform showcases have significantly more people watching them then those of third-party publishers or just single game showcases. 

The FG/SF fan will get the new info regardless of the platform it's presented on, so the ideal way to promote is to choose the avenue that has the widest reach. 

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Yeah sure, Imma get hype for the reveal of a game that I need a console I can't buy or a PC I can't build for a game that won't run properly on one of those options.

blowup of the year.

Y'know, I was actually interested in SF6 before that. 🤣

Based Arc System WORKS saving the broke grassroot FGC tho. I can still be hype for DNF's story mode. 🙃

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

The FG/SF fan will get the new info regardless of the platform it's presented on, so the ideal way to promote is to choose the avenue that has the widest reach. 

Nah, i don't see it. 

While that makes sense ,i  still don't think they will reveal actual gameplay and more info regarding the game at a non fighting game related event. It's either gonna happen at CPT or EVO or Capcom makes a special stream when they decide  to share info. 

Would not mind to be wrong though,since that would mean actually seeing actual gameplay footage of 6 in a week  ( if the info on that tweet is correct ).

Edited by Skort

I've looked at it a bit closer and yeah, there are some aspects that make me question the legitimacy.

Let me help you out there. This image

C6Vbeih.png

is fanmade from some guy on YouTube. He just put 3D models for all the characters that have been leaked. As of now, no one except Eleven have a model.

the Brute character looking stitched together,

For whatever reason, he picked an entirely unrelated character to fill in for the brute. This is what was found in the datamine for the Brute.

Spoiler

LV2upro.jpg
9SBfGtU.jpg

The image he used for the Ninja OC is also stupid because it’s taken from a League of Legends character. This is what was found of her.

Spoiler

DxHziqC.jpg
BJo7lZI.jpg

Eleven being in there (she's a Netflix property)

Head dev stated that there would be characters not from a WB property. It’s why this game is called Multiversus and not something like Super Warner Brothers Bros. An incomplete model was found,

Spoiler

t0K0P3P.jpg

As well as voice lines referring to her.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MultiVersusTheGame/comments/uy0a4q/voicelines_referencing_eleven/

Gizmo being too cool to be true

Don’t worry. Gizmo is pretty much confirmed. An icon of him was found through the datamine,

nwAQd5i.png

and voice lines from The Iron Giant and Harley Quinn reference him. 

her lines to Gizmo start at 2:33, 5:08, 9:08.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

As I explained above, the roster image is fanmade and uses 3D models taken from Google. Why did he do that? I don’t know. He is mentioned by Garnet through datamined voice lines.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

blowup of the year.

Hey man, I've got a CPU (3700X), Cooler (Hyper EVO 212), GPU (5700XT), RAM (DDR4 3200 CL14) and a case. So if you are hard up for PC parts I'm willing to part with them for reasonable (AKA) pre chip shortage prices. The only thing you'd need is a motherboard, hard drive, and power supply.

47 minutes ago, Skort said:

Nah, i don't see it. 

While that makes sense ,i  still don't think they will reveal actual gameplay and more info regarding the game at a non fighting game related event. It's either gonna happen at CPT or EVO or Capcom makes a special stream when they decide  to share info. 

Would not mind to be wrong though,since that would mean actually seeing actual gameplay footage of 6 in a week  ( if the info on that tweet is correct ).

Consider this

Sony owns evo now, and if sony is money hatting SF once again, it will be in their interest to announce the game on one of their events.

Also, one of the reasons why SFV got so many bad rep was the heavy focus on announcing almost everything about the game on fg events.

Yes, they announced some stuff on other events, but most of the press was during tournaments, which lead to most of the public never finding out that the game will launch incomplete in order to have it out for the new season of tournaments.

I bet that Capcom looked at that and is more open to let the game info flow in a way that is more accessible for the wider audience.

I bet that the fgc, even its casual side is no more than 20% of the sales at best.

42 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey man, I've got a CPU (3700X), Cooler (Hyper EVO 212), GPU (5700XT), RAM (DDR4 3200 CL14) and a case. So if you are hard up for PC parts I'm willing to part with them for reasonable (AKA) pre chip shortage prices. The only thing you'd need is a motherboard, hard drive, and power supply.

This shit sounds like you're trying to sell drugs to an undercover Robocop.

Just now, Sonero said:

This shit sounds like you're trying to sell drugs to an undercover Robocop.

Nah, I'm just not trying to rip anyone off. PC part prices have been highly inflated. Thankfully they've come to Earth. While I usually give my old stuff away, having back up parts for your PC is nice. It's essential for trouble shooting but the recent events have shown its just nice in general. I've always have been able to buy a replacement part when something breaks, but I see now that options is not guaranteed anymore.