Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Sony owns evo now

Had no clue or totally forgot about this part.

I bet that Capcom looked at that and is more open to let the game info flow in a way that is more accessible for the wider audience.

I'm ok with this if they pull it off.

which lead to most of the public never finding out that the game will launch incomplete

Remember,they had a week long countdown for a 40  second teaser that showed nothing, so i'm not sure if they approach will change much regarding 6 

and if sony is money hatting SF once again

I was under the impression this is the exact opposite of what Capcom is intending with SF 6. Rumors / leaks regarding SF 6 pointed out that Capcom is doing much better financially and they won't tie their project to Sony or others this time around, especially since a lot blamed SFV's bad launch on Sony as well ,since they apparently pushed Capcom to release it way earlier (  nobody knows if it was true or not )

Regardless ,we will find out soon enough i suppose.

Edited by Skort
4 hours ago, Skort said:

Highly unlikely for SF 6 gameplay reveal to happen next week. I wouldn't mind it but i doubt it.

Does Capcom even need another company's  event to showcase this ? I don't think so. They are just going to do a live stream for it when they do decide to show it and after that we can expect to see more news about it at other events, having the role to hype people up and to keep interest up until the game is finally released in my opinion.

Agree. I'm managing my expectation and making it lower

The best they can reveal probably another character model

1 hour ago, Skort said:

I was under the impression this is the exact opposite of what Capcom is intending with SF 6. Rumors / leaks regarding SF 6 pointed out that Capcom is doing much better financially and they won't tie their project to Sony or others this time around, especially since a lot blamed SFV's bad launch on Sony as well ,since they apparently pushed Capcom to release it way earlier (  nobody knows if it was true or not )

Regardless ,we will find out soon enough i suppose.

Sony money hatting SFV was never because Capcom were lacking the financial means.

It was because they were not interested in pursuing making more fgs once again.

SFV happened specifically because they put money down the line.

Also, they were not responsible for the game being rushed out.

Capcom explicitly said it was launching that way because they wanted to have the game out for the start of the year so it could be played during the whole season of events.

They were pushing hard for the CPT to become a major event since by the time having an esports presence was something that many companies were pushing for.

Dunno where you heard those rumors, but they are very off on what happened.

Also, Capcom has always operated (even now) by making a pitch of their projects to the console manufacturers and see if there is any interest on cross promotion/investment for some form of exclusivity deal.

They have done that for series like MH, SFxT, Dead Rising, SFV, DMCV, etc.

It will be actually uncharacteristic for them if SF6 didn't had a deal like that actually.

25 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Also, Capcom has always operated (even now) by making a pitch of their projects to the console manufacturers and see if there is any interest on cross promotion/investment for some form of exclusivity deal.

Applies still ?  Haven't they recently announced that their focus moving forward will be the PC ?

2 hours ago, Skort said:

Capcom is intending with SF 6. Rumors / leaks regarding SF

The ransomware leak Capcom suffered suggested they were planning SF6 to be  multiplatform and cross-gen. Old data, and can't be trusted 100% though that a handful of stuff has been true (Monster Hunter Stories 2? On PC?) lends credence, I reckon.

Edit: Sorry, Skort - I fucked up the quoting. I was agreeing with you!

Edited by JustBrowsing
54 minutes ago, Skort said:

Applies still ?  Haven't they recently announced that their focus moving forward will be the PC ?

Just look at how the 2 most recent Monster Hunter games were exclusive to Nintendo, despite World selling hugeeeeeeeeeee amounts on last gen consoles.

There is always the scope of the games as a reason, but after expanding the appeal of MonHun, retreating to make those games exclusive to the Switch would seem counter productive.

Also, a more focus on releasing games on PC doesn't translate as making it the focus of their efforts.

Games in general are still sold more on consoles when they come on pc and consoles.

Or also look at how DMC5 Sp Edition was exclusive to consoles

Edited by Hecatom
4 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

I don't understand how comes he's so prominent recently.
He gives me nothing.
He's got a good voice but he's super safe in commentary.

Yeah, but there's some commentators that annoy me greatly, and he doesn't do that. 

So yeah he kinda mid, but I'll take mid over a lot of things.

I think it’s time for a proper Bigtochiro-appreciation thread. He just liked two of my old-ass posts again. Man’s like an archeologist, unearthing our writing like ancient relics and preserving it for posterity. He watches over our posts, passing judgement on them as He sees fit and doing the Lord's work by imposing His wisdom upon on us. Big T is the true son of God, and not that other guy.

18 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

LOL why no Kale and Caulifa but instead we got Yamcha 

While i like Caulifla as well and would like to see her more, i'm totally okay if Yamcha gets more screen time.

He goes way back, true OG character.  He became a meme because some terrible writing but i still like him, he has some of the coolest  attacks in the series. 

Highly unlikely but i would love if he got a big power boost ( and several other characters as well ) . 

dragon-ball-dbz.gif

Edited by Skort

BBCF / GBFVS

https://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

DBFZ

https://www.twitch.tv/tampaneversleeps

UNICLR / BBTAG / MBTL / MBAACC

https://www.twitch.tv/datafgc

Mysterious Game

https://www.twitch.tv/madcitygg

Schedules

https://www.ginx.tv/en/video-games/combo-breaker-2022-schedule-games-stream

All streams for other games I didn't list
https://combobreaker.org/cb2022/#streams

Edited by Hecatom

This midwest vs west coast 5v5 is probably the most enjoyable thing I've watched for sfv in a while. Canada Cup used to have the big international team tournaments for sfv and those were always great to see since Lap would fly out talent from all over the world. The storyline behind this 5v5 probably helped me enjoy it more, there was some drama, but I'm glad I can actually enjoying watching sfv again for once.

19 minutes ago, elliephil said:

This midwest vs west coast 5v5 is probably the most enjoyable thing I've watched for sfv in a while. Canada Cup used to have the big international team tournaments for sfv and those were always great to see since Lap would fly out talent from all over the world. The storyline behind this 5v5 probably helped me enjoy it more, there was some drama, but I'm glad I can actually enjoying watching sfv again for once.

it better be, with all the noise they got for being a challenge between 2nd and 3rd string players

15 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

it better be, with all the noise they got for being a challenge between 2nd and 3rd string players

Sometimes it's the competition that counts. At least for me. Watching the best of the best play can be incredibly boring sometimes.

Edit: I'm pretty sure these guys are all top 10 for their regions. Not really sure what you mean by 2nd or 3rd string.

Edited by elliephil
18 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Sometimes it's the competition that counts. At least for me. Watching the best of the best play can be incredibly boring sometimes.

Edit: I'm pretty sure these guys are all top 10 for their regions. Not really sure what you mean by 2nd or 3rd string.

Do you expect any of this people to win an Evo or a capcom cup?
that's what 2nd string means
3rd string means you don't even expect them to qualify for something like capcom cup nor win a major even if without international competition

18 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

Do you expect any of this people to win an Evo or a capcom cup?
that's what 2nd string means
3rd string means you don't even expect them to qualify for something like capcom cup nor win a major even if without international competition

No, I don't. I don't care. It's entertaining to me and everyone else tuned in.

I still think it's pretty good street fighter. They are definitely among the best in USA.

Edited by elliephil

I'm definitively among the best in my neighborhood.

Mind you I am not saying these were bad matches, far from it. I am saying this means basically nothing in the grand scheme of things, it's just SFV players faking a rivalry to get the game to have some relevance since capcom ain't gonna help with that, and, let's be real, they have no other game they can be relevant in.
And unsurprisingly one of the 2 obviously above the others players won it singlehandedly shows you that the competition was not that close.

Edit: to avoid futher misunderstandings, these are not bad players either, they're just not the cream of the crop

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by ZioSerpe
2 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

I'm definitively among the best in my neighborhood.

LOL Is this a jab at the players? Wtf does this even mean lmfao

I am saying this means basically nothing in the grand scheme of things

It's an exhibition to see who can make a better team from their region. I think that counts for something.

they have no other game they can be relevant in.

I'm under the impression they only play sfv because they like Street Fighter. Most of them came from sf4 and leveled up in sfv. I bet if they keep the same energy for sf6, they will be relevant.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

My hate is for the community not the game itself

I said it in SRK and I'm more than happy to say it here too. Smash is such a GOATED series of games. They've been nothing but crazy fun with friends and family.

W/e ridiculous stuff they did to the name, smashers should legit feel bad about. Because they took one of the best multiplayer games ever created it and made it synonymous with throwing dead crabs and blowing 14 year olds.