Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Happy Fifth Harmony GIF by Music Choice
that’s my guy! 

strive’s a hell of a good time and the tower system is pretty darn good. Anyone looking for something new should check it out for the netcode alone. 

If my old senile ass can get comfortable with the game, I'll go online. I miss being a teenager, playing like a dozen different fighting games, and remembering how to play each of them without having to think about it or check moves lists.... 👴🏾

Side note: But I can hop between games I've played in the past pretty well....dafuq. Think I need bigger hard drive 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem
13 hours ago, Volt said:

Play Strive, it's a good game.

I just can't get into arc's games. I tried the Strive beta but I just dislike the overall movement due to how much you have to dash around to position yourself. I'd consider it if it had a dash button à la MvC3, but I find the directional double tap tiresome after a while. It's just one of these personal gripes.

And to be honest I'm also not too fond of how they have handled DLC in their latest games, but I suppose that's more of a universal fighting game thing right now.

37 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I just can't get into arc's games. I tried the Strive beta but I just dislike the overall movement due to how much you have to dash around to position yourself. I'd consider it if it had a dash button à la MvC3, but I find the directional double tap tiresome after a while. It's just one of these personal gripes.

And to be honest I'm also not too fond of how they have handled DLC in their latest games, but I suppose that's more of a universal fighting game thing right now.

Strive added a dash macro that wasn't in the other games, it's not mapped by default but a lot of people suggest using it since it makes movement and combos a lot easier.

It's kind of a big execution change that goes unnoticed because I think it doesn't change anything at all for high level players in my opinion.

12 hours ago, delete_me said:

I'd consider it if it had a dash button à la MvC3, but I find the directional double tap tiresome after a while.

It has.

12 hours ago, delete_me said:

They're handling them in Season Passes like everyone else now.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

MK11 is officially finished as of the last hour. NRS confirms they’ll be focusing on their next project.

Good. Die slow.

spacer.png

It's crazy how NRS just keep tossing their games under the bus like that. Super short cycle. Guess Injustass 3 is coming next or whatever. We know the real fatalities were our eyes watching that jank-looking game. 🤣

12 minutes ago, Volt said:

It's crazy how NRS just keep tossing their games under the bus like that. Super short cycle.

It selling well and Boon stating that kontent is not done after Kombat pack 2 apparently is code for that they’re cutting the game off. Though some people have theorized that the recent merger they had may have made some things impossible. Rooflemonger said he will have a video on that tomorrow.

All I know is that a bunch of fans are pissed.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

All I know is that a bunch of fans are pissed.

I can see why. NRS had great communication for MK11 up until like the last 6 months or so. They went ghost and have been dropping all kinds of hints implying they have more content on the way and they just drop this tweet. It comes off as real shady. Just be straight up about the situation.

19 hours ago, BornWinner said:

MK11 is officially finished as of the last hour. NRS confirms they’ll be focusing on their next project.

It'd be nice to see them break this cycle of only supporting a game for 2 years and then moving on, but I guess having the parent company they do demands it. 

I don't want to expect the worse about their games.

I hope they would come up with something unique and lasting if they are doing Marvel. I just hope it isn't a crossover or just another injustice with Marvel Title on it or it's not trying to be like any MVC title.

I like it to be all base on the MCU movies from past and present instead of being different and on it's own like the injustice.

I wished and and mentioned in the MVC infinite thread during its development stage that DC, it's better that they made a fighting game based on the Justice League Unlimited or the whole DCAU IP if they would go be like MVC gameplay with those air combos  instead than being like injustice because they are restricted by the aesthetics.

But that's a different case with MCU super heroes that are more grounded in confrontation and combat. Because I don't think they would be able to make their own version of flashy Marvel characters based on cartoons or comics with realistic aesthetics.

it's like a doomed artistic direction from the start if they want to be as something to replace or close to MVC flashy style combat that already happened to MVCi and NRS would be more semi realistic than MVCi.

Power Rangers manage to pull it off because they mostly wear mask and the battles are more ground base but the immersion is destroyed when your using helmetless characters like Ryu an Chunli. It's kinda matching the aesthetics which fits the game mechanics and then the majority of the probable cast of selectable characters.

Like a Justice League Unlimited with Injustice like aesthetics with MVC3 or MVC2 gameplay isn't something that could even work with each other I know everything can be forced and gameplay is more important yet it's not looking smooth or there is a feeling of an uncanny valley because of the realistic or semi-realistic of the art direction.

Edited by Shakunetsu
10 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I don't want to expect the worse about their games.

I hope they would come up with something unique and lasting if they are doing Marvel. I just hope it isn't a crossover or just another injustice with Marvel Title on it or it's not trying to be like any MVC title.

I like it to be all base on the MCU movies from past and present instead of being different and on it's own like the injustice.

I wished and and mentioned in the MVC infinite thread during its development stage that DC, it's better that they made a fighting game based on the Justice League Unlimited or the whole DCAU IP if they would go be like MVC gameplay with those air combos  instead than being like injustice because they are restricted by the aesthetics.

But that's a different case with MCU super heroes that are more grounded in confrontation and combat. Because I don't think they would be able to make their own version of flashy Marvel characters based on cartoons or comics with realistic aesthetics.

it's like a doomed artistic direction from the start if they want to be as something to replace or close to MVC flashy style combat that already happened to MVCi and NRS would be more semi realistic than MVCi.

Power Rangers manage to pull it off because they mostly wear mask and the battles are more ground base but the immersion is destroyed when your using helmetless characters like Ryu an Chunli. It's kinda matching the aesthetics which fits the game mechanics and then the majority of the probable cast of selectable characters.

Like a Justice League Unlimited with Injustice like aesthetics with MVC3 or MVC2 gameplay isn't something that could even work with each other I know everything can be forced and gameplay is more important yet it's not looking smooth or there is a feeling of an uncanny valley because of the realistic or semi-realistic of the art direction.

This is a great point that NRS isn't going to give two fucks about.  Their animation and bad balance in their games just screams "made by lore nerds". And it's made FOR lore nerds too. 

I expect "Narvel" to just use slightly brighter colors and that's it. 

Edited by Pair of Rooks
53 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I’ve been stupid busy with work lately and haven’t had the motivation to play/lab FGs in the last two weeks…

I thought I would miss the hell out of Strive, but I find myself more interested in playing 3S again.

I have no idea when I’ll be able to play again, but I’ll see if anyone is around/interested in games when I do.

What are you playing 3s on?

7 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I thought I would miss the hell out of Strive, but I find myself more interested in playing 3S again.

It's interesting you say that. I played the game every day since it came out and then I just stopped. I don't miss it at all, in fact. I guess it's a combination of the oppressive corner game and the unga bunga of some of the top tiers, and I no longer feel like playing it. I gave the game a fair shot and tried to like it, but I guess it's just not my cup of tea. 

1 hour ago, Volta said:

It's interesting you say that. I played the game every day since it came out and then I just stopped. I don't miss it at all, in fact. I guess it's a combination of the oppressive corner game and the unga bunga of some of the top tiers, and I no longer feel like playing it. I gave the game a fair shot and tried to like it, but I guess it's just not my cup of tea. 

Are you talking about 3S or Strive?  Serious question 

Edited by Vhozite
3 hours ago, Volta said:

That’s fair. I really did like it, and in fact, it was on the way to be my favourite new FG since MVC2. I just had to take a break and the craving to come back to 3S is stronger than Strive for some reason… it could be that 3S is easier to pick up where strive feels a bit more daunting to get back into (probably because I didn’t spend enough time with it before my break), or that I’m playing the 3S OST regularly as I work out and stuff.

I do also just miss 3S though. One of my favourite FGs ever, and probably the one I was best at.

Edited by Mattatsu
47 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

That’s fair. I really did like it, and in fact, it was on the way to be my favourite new FG since MVC2. I just had to take a break and the craving to come back to 3S is stronger than Strive for some reason… it could be that 3S is easier to pick up where strive feels a bit more daunting to get back into (probably because I didn’t spend enough time with it before my break), or that I’m playing the 3S OST regularly as I work out and stuff.

I do also just miss 3S though. One of my favourite FGs ever, and probably the one I was best at.

It seems like you just legit found something that clicks with you. When that happens follow your gut. Fire up some 3S when you can!

I'm trying to keep Striving (I need to get back into those towers) but I do have 3S via FC thanks to Dayaan so I can fire that up sometime if the timelines work out.

17 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Only Lord Boon can make it happen now

That's the most shit on a plate image I've seen since having actually seen a picture of shit on a plate.

At this point why would anybody stan NRS? The best game they had going they dropped like a hot potato after 16 months. They also did it while failing to deliver on stuff they sort of promised. 

#PlayHades then #PlayStrive

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That's the most shit on a plate image I've seen since having actually seen a picture of shit on a plate.

At this point why would anybody stan NRS? The best game they had going they dropped like a hot potato after 16 months. They also did it while failing to deliver on stuff they sort of promised. 

#PlayHades then #PlayStrive

Haters will be left behind!

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

It seems like you just legit found something that clicks with you. When that happens follow your gut. Fire up some 3S when you can!

I'm trying to keep Striving (I need to get back into those towers) but I do have 3S via FC thanks to Dayaan so I can fire that up sometime if the timelines work out.

Sounds good! I’ll still definitely play Strive so there’s always that, but I’ll need to  mix 3S in more than I have.

I’ll let you know. There’s a good chance I’m not going to have much time this entire month, but after July 30th, I should have a lot more time.

So who's going to be top tier in a potential NRS Marvel fighting game?

Some obvious super-powered OP character like Captein Marvel, Phoenix or good old Death?

Or some low-fi normal human who can fill the screen with throwable gadgets like Hawkeye or The Punisher?

Or maybe Nightcrawler in case they don't use a block button?

At first I thought it was a SFV thing, but now that I’m playing a different game Strive I find that I still don’t have much interest in playing online randoms. I know I should because you always want to grind against the unknown to get better.

Something about fighting people I don’t know just feels unfulfilling. I will say that if I do venture online into Strive I just go straight to a park and grind against one person as long as possible. 

4 hours ago, delete_me said:

So who's going to be top tier in a potential NRS Marvel fighting game?

If its anything like Injustice the "banner" characters will be some level of gross - Batman and Superman were always good and Supes was real dumb out of the gate. 

Some dude with guns will show up and be busted AF for about 2 weeks before NRS nerfs them into obscurity. Get your troll zoning in while you can! Considering it is NRS and they love The Edge someone like Punisher might actually fill that role. I'd almost be tempted to pick the game up in that case just to enjoy that while it lasts.

Someone will be that game's Aquaman. I.e. "why is this jobber so good?" Its a little weird to pick because Marvel's 2nd tier bench is pretty wide. Wonder Man maybe?

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

At first I thought it was a SFV thing, but now that I’m playing a different game Strive I find that I still don’t have much interest in playing online randoms. I know I should because you always want to grind against the unknown to get better.

Something about fighting people I don’t know just feels unfulfilling. I will say that if I do venture online into Strive I just go straight to a park and grind against one person as long as possible. 

I think part of it is that when you're fighting randoms you are getting that unknown factor, which is valuable, but you also don't know what kind of opponent you are going to get. 

Its not even about skill though that is part of it. Especially in the shorter sets you don't always get people who adapt or really change up what they are doing which can lead to situations where you kind of have them figured out and they just keep on doing the same stuff over and over. Just harder.  While you can definitely still use those as opportunities to practice it doesn't push you as much as when you have an opponent who is shifting their game up.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Those Nash gifs I made are more accurate than I thought 😉

40 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Especially in the shorter sets you don't always get people who adapt or really change up what they are doing which can lead to situations where you kind of have them figured out and they just keep on doing the same stuff over and over. Just harder.  While you can definitely still use those as opportunities to practice it doesn't push you as much as when you have an opponent who is shifting their game up.

This is why I think I'm going to stick to the park for awhile. 

Seems like every time I hit the park, I end up finding someone and playing at least 10 games, and people seem to be less concerned with match-ups in the park. 

If I (may main, baby) try to connect with someone already at a station in the towers, they'll deny me half the time. 

Since wins don't really matter in the Park, people will actually play the MU