Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It should have been a remake of Code Veronica. RE4 doesn't need it. 

Facts. RE4 is my favorite RE game. That said Code Veronica is in sore need of a remake. That game was the real RE3 IMO. Not only that, it was the best RE of the "tank control" era by far. 

43 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Facts. RE4 is my favorite RE game. That said Code Veronica is in sore need of a remake. That game was the real RE3 IMO. Not only that, it was the best RE of the "tank control" era by far. 

Ok, I'mma keep it a buck with y'all.

WTF made CV even remotely memorable? The more I look at it, the more mid it looks like to me.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

WTF made CV even remotely memorable? The more I look at it, the more mid it looks like to me.

The fact that CV is mid is why it needs a remake. There's so much about it that needs to be revised. CV is lowkey one of the most important entries in the series. 

49 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Unpopular opinion.

RE6 is my favorite due gameplay and sheer hilarity and fun I had with the story.

Is a great coop couch experience.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Never understood it either. I always considered it mid as well, along with 0. My favorites being 2, 1, 4 and 3, with 5 and 6 being garbage tier. I just couldn't get into 7 but I liked 8. 

The RE series is funny like that, every new entry can be great, utter garbage or anywhere in between.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The makers of this figure are monsters. Forcing Fei-Long fans to buy Blanka too

284285280_10158460732996653_562908212351

They know it's effective like Sota did with pink Dan being exclusive

I hope one day 1/12 scale Dee Jay and Sagat base on SF2 to complete the super turbo line

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

RE6 is my favorite due gameplay and sheer hilarity and fun I had with the story.

Is a great coop couch experience.

It's the only way I could enjoy RE6. It's not even thaaaat bad of a game, it just wasn't what anyone wanted from an RE game.

All the good times spent together with friends and beers and ripping on RE6 tho. Brings a tear.

When they first talked about RE4 remake I had the same reaction, I don't really think that game needs to be remade. A 1:1 remake/remaster would be fine I suppose as long as they don't touch the game balance and the physics and whatnot and only give it a facelift, but I think the original holds up pretty well.

But from what I understand this will be a rather different game and include some of the stuff from the initial, more classic version of the game Mikami eventually threw out the window to restart development. But I think at that point they could have just made a new one instead.

Anyway, I always find those photographed leaks lists a bit suspicious but content-wise this is more or less what I expected from this show, so I suppose it could be real. 

13 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

So, apparently, the first SF6 trailer will be around 2 minutes and 35 seconds long.

jF6gi3H.jpg

Where is this from ? Just curious. 

Really did not expect them to show a trailer here but i'm glad i was wrong,hopefully it's actually gameplay and not a cgi trailer.

If the "leak" is true, the trailer will feature Ken and Chun as well.

Regardless, i remain cautious when it comes to SF 6. Ain't no way i'm preordering. 

Spoiler

"inb4 Juri pre order bonus"

Spoiler

BoringBitesizedAttwatersprairiechicken-s

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, elliephil said:

SF6 needs to be amazing for me to want to continue playing fighting games tbh. Not really a fan of the overall direction of newer games, they seem too deliberate in their design. Getting tired and burnt out of playing the same old shit outside of playing with friends and family.

Seconded…bad SF6 means I peace out of the genre for good. Really not a fan of the direction things are headed.

Edit: That’s if I don’t like DNF Duel. I do want to try that.

Edited by Vhozite

Assuming pic is legit

- Would not expect trailer to be 2:30 long, i don't remember SoP format, but may include host introduction AND (would not be surprised) lot of babbling by the two capcom pillow huggers

-Would not expect other characters to be revealed, SF4 first gameplay trailer was only Ryu-Ken, SFV only Ryu-Chun this may very well be just Ryu-Luke

Edited by CESTUS III
6 minutes ago, Skort said:

Whatever they show in the trailer ( characters, gameplay mechanics etc ) , i only hope its actual gameplay footage, i don't want it to be a CGI trailer.

Hell, i would even prefer a few screenshots of the actual game rather than a flashy trailer that has nothing to do with the gameplay / visuals of the game itself.

Best we can offer is some silhouettes, a bland announcer, and some vague “the next generation” statements. Take it or leave it

3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Best we can offer is some silhouettes

You know, i remember they teased Season 1 DLC with silhouettes and while it generated some hilarious topics and we all brought out our tinfoil hats, i hope they don't this approach again.

Spoiler

2956751-tease.png

09_silhouettes.jpg

They probably will though, it keeps people talking about who and what and that's what they most likely want.

22 minutes ago, Sonero said:

SRK had that Sagat cosplayer who tattooed Sagat's scar on his chest. He did the whole thing just for cosplay.

Are you telling me he did'nt even asked a proper karate master on roids to uppercut his chest using a sand paper glove?

Put some effort or go home imho, next you tell me he still have both eyes

Glad at the end that blonde Mai Shiranui cosplayer won the  cosplay competition

4 hours ago, elliephil said:

SF6 needs to be amazing for me to want to continue playing fighting games tbh. Not really a fan of the overall direction of newer games, they seem too deliberate in their design. Getting tired and burnt out of playing the same old shit outside of playing with friends and family.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Seconded…bad SF6 means I peace out of the genre for good. Really not a fan of the direction things are headed.

Edit: That’s if I don’t like DNF Duel. I do want to try that.

Dunno what are you smoking, because most games in the market are very good.

Even that garbage of Strive is an acceptable game.

Only capcom keeps fucking up, all the other companies have been killing it.

We have great variety right now for practically everyone.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Skort said:

Whatever they show in the trailer ( characters, gameplay mechanics etc ) , i only hope its actual gameplay footage, i don't want it to be a CGI trailer.

Hell, i would even prefer a few screenshots of the actual game rather than a flashy trailer that has nothing to do with the gameplay / visuals of the game itself.

Knowing Capcom, they will try to build hype with some cinematic trailer showing just a little bit of gameplay here and there.

The trailer will probably be a glorified announcement for an announcement 🤣

Meanwhile other companies have upped the game building the hype with what matters.

54 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

If SFVI fails, I will be here to make fun of it.

imagen putting faith in a company that fucked their last 3 FG releases up and doesn't fix Day 1 problems.

And doesn't fix a glaring issue with their netcode, all while making sure that the patch made by a fan for pc stops working.

Or how the game still has the goddamn lag cycle, since day 1, and very likely don't fix it because not enough people know about it.

And funny enough, is not an issue of them using UE4, since SF30th also has the same problem, which means is something they introduced by how they program the games.

So much for arcade perfect.

I just hope that the Collection doesnt have the same problem because it will suck monkey balls.

23 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Knowing Capcom, they will try to build hype with some cinematic trailer showing just a little bit of gameplay here and there.

The trailer will probably be a glorified announcement for an announcement 🤣

The line between  hater and fanboy is small. 

I am 100% sure that if they showed Chun's ass for a single frame in the SF 6 teaser trailer, it would had been one of the best trailers received by the community and a clear sign that the future is bright.

🙄

Edited by Skort
6 minutes ago, Skort said:

The line between  hater and fanboy is small. 

I am 100% sure that if they showed Chun's ass for a single frame in the SF 6 teaser trailer, it would had been one of the best trailers received by the community and a clear sign that the future is bright.

Dunno man, by now I will hope that people will learn to not get hype with just cinematics.

Because if we go just by them, then SFxT and SFV are the hypest games of all time due how great their cinematic trailers are 🤣

They're not going to show yet another CGI teaser for SF6 the next time it turns up. It will probably be partially CGI but also a bit of gameplay. I expect to see Ryu vs. Luke ingame and Chun vs. some newcomer for a couple of seconds. Add to that a short introduction by the development team's leaders and you can easily fill those two and a half minutes.

8 hours ago, elliephil said:

Same here.  I find myself watching a lot of older games on gameacho these days.  Don't know what it is but the newer games aren't really doing it for me.  I feel like developers just keep limiting options and making things simpler which I don't really enjoy.  I do like KOFXV though, but that is more of a legacy game. 

Obviously, a lot hinges on SF6.  I'm hoping it's a lot different from 5 and based on Capcom's track record with the series, it should be.  

Edited by HeavensCloud