Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

5 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Did you still play the game? Did you still buy DLC?
If you answer one of these with yes, you told them everything is fine.

The only way you can make a company like this listen is by hitting them in the only spot where it hurts, their money income.

While i don't necessary disagree with you there, you seem to have completely jumped the part where i said

"Still, with all up and downs in quality i ultimately liked these years with SFV and i think had also lot of things done right (just like many done wrong), sorry if i don't buy dat FGC mantra that say you MUST hate SFV"

I liked the game and i loved it got so much DLC expansion

Essentially i never said SFV was'nt worth my money (it was), i just say they could have done it much better, but would not make sense to me to boycott a product i liked

And again i don't think your strategy would work with capcom either, so i'm glad people did'nt mass boycotted the game as it would only have damaged SF in my opinion

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I don’t want a large roster because based on their last release Capcom (and NRS) can’t sustain a roster than size without heavily dipping into the copy/paste bin. If this was ArcSys or LabZero where I had faith the dev could churn out wholly unique characters the conversation would be different. 

Also roster size in easily the most flexible demand on my 5 minute list. Not a hill I’d die on, but the original comment wasn’t about what I actually expect in SF6.

Yeah, if every character were unique, meaning no gazillion shoto clones, I'd be happy to have 40+ characters.

I would add meterless reversals to your list, and no jump-in combos that take 75% of your health combined with gimped AAs.

26 minutes ago, Volta said:

Yeah, if every character were unique, meaning no gazillion shoto clones

I'll keep it a buck. I blame the number of shotoclones on the community. When you look at the play rate of SFV, despite being trash for most of the games existence, Ryu is almost always the most picked character. In fact the, the top three is usually Ryu, Akuma, and Ken. On top of that, if you put out a poll, people ask for more fucking shotos. It's like damn man. There are other characters out there, pick one of the half dozen shotos already in the game, and let us get some variety.

48 minutes ago, Volta said:

Yeah, if every character were unique, meaning no gazillion shoto clones, I'd be happy to have 40+ characters.

I blame it on people

My ideal SF have only Ryu and Ken as Ansatsuken reps, all while keeping them as different (if possible, more) as they became in SFV 

I can tolerate Gouken because he was great character and so different under every point of view

We never needed Akuma, E.Ryu, Kage, Oni 

But bunch of people seems to love this scam

Would say we never needed Sakura either, but i don't want to reply to 99 outraged pillow huggers, so yes would cancel her too but will pretend i never said it

Edited by CESTUS III
9 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I blame it on people

My ideal SF have only Ryu and Ken as Ansatsuken reps, all while keeping them as different (if possible, more) as they became in SFV 

I can tolerate Gouken because he was great character and so different under every point of view

We never needed Akuma, E.Ryu, Kage, Oni 

I’d trade Ken for Akuma. Akuma has more of his own unique moves, serves double duty as a boss character, and acts as a better foil for Ryu. Even SFV Ken is mostly just Ryu with a more aggressive spreadsheet and a couple more normals. 

Shoto lineup should be 

Ryu

Akuma

Sagat or Sakura (pick one)

Gouken 

Even typing it out that lineup feels crowded.

Sagat being a shoto never really set right with me. Although from a gameplay standpoint, he's more of a shoto than Gouken. Gouken is only a Shoto from a lore stand point. I found that out quickly when played him SFIV. It took me the longest time to figure out how to use him because he was so different from Ryu, Ken, Akuma, and Sean. You miss a heavy tatsu with Gouken and forget about it. I still remember missing back throw into tatsu because of the shitty netcode and watching Malcom X from beginning to end before i landed into my opponent's punish.

I know some people will be mad because of this, but I wouldn't mind more changes introduced to legacy characters, specifically to the shotos.

If there is something that Capcom should double down, is that.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the VT coming back, but revised in a way that helps the characters be more unique.

Just make it like the Heat Up from Battle Fantasia/Dark Gift from the DarkStalkers series.

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I know some people will be mad because of this, but I wouldn't mind more changes introduced to legacy characters, specifically to the shotos.

If there is something that Capcom should double down, is that.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the VT coming back, but revised in a way that helps the characters be more unique.

Just make it like the Heat Up from Battle Fantasia/Dark Gift from the DarkStalkers series.

Personally I'd love for the characters to evolve. I don't care for Tekken but I always thought it was cool how Jin's style kept changing.

Maybe a hot take but imo you should not build V-meter by taking damage or at least build way less, it should mostly be built  by actually using your v-skill as a v-meter generator.  

A lot of salt from VT comes from the fact that you basically control 80% of the match only to loose to a sweep into VT activate and GG.

Granted, this would mean that they actually need to make V-skills way more useful than they currently are.

But nah tbh i don't see VT returning, it was 5's gimmick and i think it's gonna stay that way. Maybe some VT's will return way toned down as part of a character's toolkit but that's about it.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sagat being a shoto never really set right with me. Although from a gameplay standpoint, he's more of a shoto than Gouken. Gouken is only a Shoto from a lore stand point. I found that out quickly when played him SFIV. It took me the longest time to figure out how to use him because he was so different from Ryu, Ken, Akuma, and Sean. You miss a heavy tatsu with Gouken and forget about it. I still remember missing back throw into tatsu because of the shitty netcode and watching Malcom X from beginning to end before i landed into my opponent's punish.

I never saw Gouken as a shoto because his tools divert quite enough to be considered a different archetype, even if they are technically the same moves in look or name than the 3 main shotos have-

Meanwhile Sagat has all the checks of a shoto.

True, he has some extra moves and some don't look exactly like the tools of the shotos, but they serve the same purpose more or less.

And since we are talking about "clone" chars.

It is the reason why I think that if they add T.Hawk, they should redesign his moves a lot.

Since they feel like a lamer version of Zanguief.

I take Hakan over his lame sorry ass any day, since he has better potential to be more distinct imo.

3 minutes ago, Skort said:

These old game over screens were something else. 

What did poor Lucia do to deserve this , jeez. 

Yeah man, you are right. They were fucking brutal. I still remember the Ninja Gaiden arcade one. It was some damned Jigsaw shit. I could understand it in the arcades, they were trying to guilt you into spending more money. On consoles it was just weird.

Edit: @HecatomAlways preferred T.Hawk to Gief. He already had the edge with me by being Native American. His faster walk speed just sealed it.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Skort said:

Maybe a hot take but imo you should not build V-meter by taking damage or at least build way less, it should mostly be built  by actually using your v-skill as a v-meter generator.  

A lot of salt from VT comes from the fact that you basically control 80% of the match only to loose to a sweep into VT activate and GG.

Granted, this would mean that they actually need to make V-skills way more useful than they currently are.

But nah tbh i don't see VT returning, it was 5's gimmick and i think it's gonna stay that way. Maybe some VT's will return way toned down as part of a character's toolkit but that's about it.

It is why I say they should make them like Heat Up/Dark Gifts.

Tie the VT to the super meter, make the VT a super state where you enhance the characters and be more wilder versions of themselves.

I say that they could just remove EX moves and let the VT state have the stronger versions of the moves.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I’d trade Ken for Akuma. Akuma has more of his own unique moves, serves double duty as a boss character, and acts as a better foil for Ryu. Even SFV Ken is mostly just Ryu with a more aggressive spreadsheet and a couple more normals. 

Shoto lineup should be 

Ryu

Akuma

Sagat or Sakura (pick one)

Gouken 

Even typing it out that lineup feels crowded.

To me Ryu and Ken are the only to have the clone free pass

They're the dragon/tiger thing, plus in SFV they moved furthermore into a genius direction, now they literally incarnate the eastern vs western evolution of karate

SFV Ryu now have Kyokushin vibes

SFV Ken became basically American kickboxing

Finally they started to look and move very differently, wish they keep furthermore in that direction

To me Akuma ever been edgy bs style wise (design, moves, story), and while i appreciate how they built him up to be a nemesis for Ryu they have so much boner for him that they seem unable to build/develop new powerful  villains without ruin it someway with Akuma-is-more-stronk bs. If you know Baki is very very same bullshit with Yujiro Hanma

No thank you, would be glad to see Akuma disappear

Sagat or Sakura is basically automatic reply to me

Sagat is classic SF Thailand rep (i like the idea somehow WW concept is still alive) and rep Muay Thai in SF, to me he's one of the very few char i pretend to see in every SF.

On other hand Sakura is not needed, but since i don't want to be touched by big pillows that smell of tears and semen, let's make that you said it (i agree with you dude)

Btw Sagat at the end got that shoto accusation only because back to SF2 they did the terrible decision of copypaste Ryu's shoryuken and give him Tiger Uppercut...

Fireballs are different (and unique due high low gimmick), tiger knee is a moving-forward kick special, but sure af is no tatsu... if dude never had dat damn shoryuken we would not even be here talking about it

Gouken i would ok to be in or not, would be ok even just see him as NPC

So for me would be

Ryu

Ken (ever more different)

Sagat being like don't watch me, i'm no shoto

very optional Gouken

Edited by CESTUS III
38 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

On other hand Sakura is not needed

I know she has fans but tbh from the young girls i think both Ibuki and Karin are cooler visually and gameplay wise.   

However i don't see them not adding Sakura. She will be in 6 sooner or later.

Edited by Skort
Just now, Skort said:

I know she has fans but tbh from the young girls i think both Ibuki and Karin are cooler visually and gameplay wise.   

Ibuki was cool until SFIV decided to make a her the only THOT in SF. Now I'm over the character. That was not the only aspect of her character presented in SF3, but I digress. Now she's just SF Teen Mom waiting to happen.

Leaving the jokes at the expense of Sakura players aside, some people do actually like Sakura due her gameplay, in my case she is the only shoto I like to play with in V due how her toolkit works, since imo is the best iteration of her so far.

But I understand not wanting her in, at least from the start due how many shotos SF tend to have.

Too many variants of the same function, where the differences don't tend to be enough to justify them outside the nostalgia said characters bring.

2 hours ago, Skort said:

SF3  Ibuki was a fantastic design and the best "pure ninja" SF ever had (competition being only shitty SF1 Geki, but still grab that gold girl)

If we ignore the abomination that was SFV redesign, she fly 3 skies above Sakura

And yes, while i was'nt greatest Karin fan either, she still is far more interesting character

Btw Sakura has ranked as #1 in character popularity poll, she's a curse that's never leaving

But tbh with SFV and to give credit where credit is due, they waited till Season 3

Now, if we can keep this beautiful trend, and keep her for SF6 Season 5 i would love it, but another S3 would still be good deal lol, thank gods her ridicolous popularity is double edge sword and make capcom hold her back as season winning shit lmao

11 hours ago, Sonero said:

I don't think any of you guys know what you want out of a Street Fighter game.

- Chun
- Menat
- good netcode
- crossplay

I ain't here trying to dictate the playstyle of the game.

Option number 2 is be a major disappointment again and fail sale wise so Capcom stops doing fighting games entirely and we can focus on games from companies that actually care about making good fighting games. Bonus point we get to rid the FGC of people that don't play the games unless they're Capcom

12 hours ago, Sonero said:

I don't think any of you guys know what you want out of a Street Fighter game.

Not including the basic stuff like netcode, crossplay and etc because only the personal preference level 

CVS2EO or Alpha 2 

Has 24 starting roster 50 percent returning characters from Alpha

20 percent returning character from previous 2d SF game that weren't in SF5 and SF4 

No joke characters and least used characters are returning

Has a decent amount single player content

Sakura is never going away. As mentioned already she's usually leading the popularity polls for reasons I can't even begin to understand but people just flock to this generic school girl stereotypes. It is what it is.

I wonder if the current SF x Fortnite lineup will be in SF6 or if that's just a world warrior thing they're pulling on that front.

2 hours ago, delete_me said:

Sakura is never going away. As mentioned already she's usually leading the popularity polls for reasons I can't even begin to understand but people just flock to this generic school girl stereotypes. It is what it is.

I wonder if the current SF x Fortnite lineup will be in SF6 or if that's just a world warrior thing they're pulling on that front.

I was just glad SFV finally ditched the sailor school outfit as a default. 

So since it's rumored that tomorrow we're going to see a new SF6 trailer, do you guys think it's time for a first gameplay glimpse yet or nah? 

I kinda hope the ONE major thing Capcom changes from 5 to 6 is the screen shake. Good god it's so visually distracting how every single hit and block causes the entire screen to cause an earthquake, no other game does this to this extent. Even MK. 

6 hours ago, delete_me said:

bzrh737eppa01.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Does that answer your question? 🤣

17 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

So since it's rumored that tomorrow we're going to see a new SF6 trailer, do you guys think it's time for a first gameplay glimpse yet or nah?

Definitely, but as you know, SFV's first gameplay trailer was quite different from what we got.

26 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

at this rate people are gonna make an Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 4 before Cap even gets to the concept stage

Shadow Lady

Cammy

Ken

Evil Ryu

Bison

Urien

Captain Commando

Clea

MvC2 Jill

Cyclops

Psylocke

Thanos

Ultron

Captain Marvel

And I'm sure I'm missing a few, it's basically MvC4 now. Tabs is doing a lot of work but he isn't the only modder that's added new characters. Urien, Bison, Clea, and MvC2 Jill are from other modders IIRC. I know Gambit, Juri, and Iceman are in the works too.

12 minutes ago, Volt said:

Definitely, but as you know, SFV's first gameplay trailer was quite different from what we got.

That's fair. However I guess that depends on the release date scheduling. Remember when we first saw V it was something like 16 months away from launch, and even then the initial public demo got shown maybe two or three times before they dropped the Nash trailer in ~February 2015, and then the game actually looked like the final product (for the most part anyway)