Captain Commando

Clea

MvC2 Jill

Cyclops

Psylocke

Thanos

Ultron

Captain Marvel

And I'm sure I'm missing a few, it's basically MvC4 now. Tabs is doing a lot of work but he isn't the only modder that's added new characters. Urien, Bison, Clea, and MvC2 Jill are from other modders IIRC. I know Gambit, Juri, and Iceman are in the works too.

Crazy. Imagine if this game had legit rollback.

Gonna need Nero too.

On 5/31/2022 at 9:24 AM, Sonero said:

I don't think any of you guys know what you want out of a Street Fighter game.

Nah I know what I want and I know I won't get what I want.

• Base Roster of 24 Characters
  • Only 6 returning characters from SF2 (Not gonna happen but I'm tired of World Warriors plus Cammy all the time)
  • 6 new characters (Players want new shit but complain if you alter their mains. New characters allow the devs total freedom to try something new)
  • Quality single player content (Arcade, Story mode, Time Attack, Tutorials and Survival for @Doctrine_Dark)
  • Great Netcode 
  • Simple but effective Lobby System (Somethings don't need to be complicated)
  • CFN (The data it provides is great, it's the one thing about online that SFV really got right IMO)
  • Online Training
  • Versatile Combat System (By that I mean one that allows for multiple effective combat archtypes) 
  • Character versatility, there should be multiple ways to use the same character effectively. Let players express themselves.
  • Consistent Communication, Post Ono this got much better but it needs to continue.
  • Minimal Yearly Balance Changes (Let the game breathe 2 major patches a year at most)

Since 12 is my favorite number, I confined myself to 12 bullet points.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Idc about roster, art style, mechanics. Every Juri main knows a returning character don't mean much.

Yes it does. Juri got a gameplay redesign that was underpowered for too long but she remains the reason I kept playing this game because her visual design remained top tier.

No Juri and I would had dropped this game year 1. So yea, I definitely care about the roster.

47 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Whelp, they got three weeks to train someone new. Don't follow DBFZ enough to know if LC21 is as bad as they say, or if it's just newer heads whining. Could you clue me in fam?

From dustloop

Android 21 (Lab Coat), often appearing under the nicknames Labcoat or L21, does everything free of charge. Dr. Gero would naturally not settle for anything other than perfection, and neither will ArcSys. Labcoat has incredible damage and meterbuild, a phenomenal lariat that reflects ki-blasts, one of the best anti-air specials in the game, a barrier, fantastic supers, and fantastic assists. She can zone, she can rushdown, she can mix, she can play lame, and she can certainly delete opponents. Notably, Labcoat is also capable of breaking the game's rules with her Mignardise HeelDBFZ Lab Coat Android 21 22X.png

to OTG opponents for simple conversions off of any hit at the cost of either meter or an assist. Photon Pulse is one of the cruelest supers ever put in the game, it's so strong this overview could just link to the super and be done with it, and is likely why you want to play Labcoat. She has simple execution requirements, and can work anywhere on a team with great synergy with several characters.

Due to how well-rounded she is, Labcoat does not suffer from any legitimate weaknesses. Although she does have some quirks, they can easily be gotten around just by using other tools instead, and her meter reliance is offset by her similarly very high meter gain. If you enjoy laughing maniacally, exploding your opponent and seeing the "Connection Lost" popup, then get ready, this cookie will only run you a fiver.

The pros/cons section lists one con: this character has no known weaknesses.

That's exactly what they had for release Sol Badguy.

Edited by Pair of Rooks
45 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Could you clue me in fam?

She has a bunch of good ground tools that make her offense really good in DBF. Then she has a command grab that applies a debuffon the opponent's character and a buff in her for the remainder of the game.

After she lands this one command grab, the opponent gets a 21% debuff to damage and her specials do 21% more damage. She also has a good overhead and a separate command grab that you have to watch out for. 

She's closer to Luke levels of "this character is crazy good and does the shoto gameplan better than a lot of the shotos" than she is season 2 Urien/Balrog on the stupid scale.

You guys were talking about how there are a lot of shoto clones in SF, but DBF is basically ",Oops all Ryus and some a few other characters who do play different enough from others". So when you get a character that's the best at the one thing the game is about, that guy is just the best period. 

So she has the best generic pressure tools, and then good versions of things to beat your block and if one of the things beats your block, your character deals less damage for it. So yeah, she came out kinda wild. Not ban worthy wild. She isn't really as radically different as the MvC2/MvC3 S tier are from the cast. She might have a good mix after one of her super knockdown too. Fuck if I'm gonna spend thst much time watching a wack game where they ban characters.

51 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Whelp, they got three weeks to train someone new. Don't follow DBFZ enough to know if LC21 is as bad as they say, or if it's just newer heads whining. Could you clue me in fam?

Don’t know much of the specifics myself but every time I checked Fighterz while Combo Breaker was happening, every player had a Labcoat on their team. She’s just that good.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

You guys were talking about how there are a lot of shoto clones in SF, but DBF is basically ",Oops all Ryus and some a few other characters who do play different enough from others".

LMAO, you really love to say some silly shit some times.

Someone said she is like if Doctor Doom and Phoenix were one character but with a real health bar. I have no way of verifying if this is true cause I don't play, but even still... seems a little far reaching for a full ban. Especially when they went through that era of GT goku single handedly making the entire cast viable if paired with him.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

After she lands this one command grab, the opponent gets a 21% debuff to damage and her specials do 21% more damage. She also has a good overhead and a separate command grab that you have to watch out for.

I'm not familiar with the game but 21% debuff and buff seems like a LOT.   Not sure what they were thinking there, that would be nuts in any fighting game.  

2 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm not familiar with the game but 21% debuff and buff seems like a LOT.   Not sure what they were thinking there, that would be nuts in any fighting game.  

ArcSys loves doing absolute dumb shit so it's sort of par de course of some ridiculous shit they'd put in a game without thinking it through.

19 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

LMAO, you really love to say some silly shit some times.

Pretty sure the results bear it in. There are way more interchangeable characters in DBF than there are in other Versus games. 

If she really required some type of special commitment like Morrigan, Zero, MvC3 Magneto then she wouldn't be all over the place. But she doesn't. Not really that much difference combo wise or movement wise than a lot of the cast.

11 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Sorry had to fix that one.

The problem is that Sonero loves to say that X or Y is dumb shit just because it doesn't align on what he likes in fgs.

A lot of the shit he says is dumb is innocuous or not a problem at all to begin with 🤷‍♂️

Meanwhile he is also parading some dumb shit as epitome of a good game that are trully dumb shit, but because he likes it, it gets a pass.

Edited by Hecatom
14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Stay ass blasted. When stuff is bad I call it bad. 

Simple as. It's fucking silly that Capcom is free to get shit on for the the stuff they've done but ArcSys gets treated like they are the 6D game makers when they have an equal history of making dumb shit.

Cope harder,

:coffee:

Dunno on what alternate reality you live where ASW doesnt get called out when they fuck up.

It is amusing how you always try to rewrite history to make it seem like you are right.

The fact that Strive is divisive even between those who like the game immediately dismantles this dumb narrative that you have constructed on your head.

They are praised because they put an effort on their games. And when they fuck up they called out.

Capcom gets called out because they tend to halfass their games all the time and find ways to fuck up what would should be easy wins for them.

Is idiotic that we live on an era where as big as Marvel is, Capcom managed to release a below mediocre product.

Is stupid that the crossover of 2 of the biggest fg franchises dies as it did.

And is baffling that they managed to botch their prime Ip release.

6 years later and Capcom still didn't fix the netcode or the lag cycle problem of SFV

Meanwhile MKX managed to overhaul the netcode of MKX

ASW has been patching rollback to their older games, etc.

But here we are.

The only one blasted and coping hard here is you because you keep hung up on a fictional world of your own making.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Hecatom
34 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Literally correct him to every FG Dev does this stuff.

Sonero: You just hating on Capcom.

Ok and people said SFV lives rent free in my head.

And the funniest shit is that he keeps bitching about capcom every time he can.

Like common man.

That is some extreme lack of self awareness.

Literally in this thread a lot of us have already complained about different things that ASW has done to one of their games at least once in this week.

Yet, he still insists that is only capcom that gets called out.

Edit

We are in a more or less capcom centric forum, where the vast majority of players come from capcom games, of course it will look that more hate goes towards capcom (a lot from him, lol)

The same will happen if you go to a SNK, Namco, NRS or ASW centric forum.

Like is a no brainer that confirmation bias is on place if we just look it at surface level.

Edited by Hecatom
34 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Literally correct him to every FG Dev does this stuff.

Sonero: You just hating on Capcom.

Ok and people said SFV lives rent free in my head.

No because we're in the SF5 thread and we've been talking about the mistakes its made multiple times as the years have gone by. The moment we talk about the mistakes ASW makes the excuses and the defense force flies in with the cope.

Which is what this basically is. The moment you start pointing out how ASW has a history of intentionally releasing bullshit its gotta be a "well everybody". It  can't be that if you're playing ASW  games that you gotta deal actual S tier nonsense on the regular.

If its Capcom "OH MY GOD WTF".

If its ASW, "WELL YOU KNOW WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES".

L

M

A

O

:coffee:

12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Snip

Dale vo.

I literally have said and will keep saying that Strive is garbage, but me calling you out on the silly shit and revisionist narrative that you have constructed makes me part of the ASW defense force.

MMMMkay.

Edited by Hecatom

image0_2.jpg

A very interesting post you made there Pertho, sadly it is just a bunch of hot air with no value whatsoever.

Your first mistake is thinking this is the SFV thread and not the FG General, what it actually.

Your second mistake is to pretend that no one care about ASW balance and whack decisions.

Your third mistake is to actually be in the believe that people just call out Capcom and not ASW.

Your fourth mistake is to try to "be right" with being aggresive, I know how to handle costumer, you getting aggro just makes me give less of a shit and make me laugh more about you.

I can’t comment on DBF since I don’t know anything about that game or 21, but I do wish FGs experimented more with opponent debuffs. Raw damage reduction on the opponent sounds fun. 

The most common one you see is damage over time, and in SFV the feeeze rebuff locks your stun bar, but really those are both just more damage and as a result kinda boring.

Good ones I can think of are Deadshot from Injustice 2 and Valentine from Skullgirls. Deadshot can use his trait to prevent the opponent from building meter from eating his shots, and Valentine can hit you with a vial that makes your inputs slower. She has two other effects but I can’t remember what they are. 

Would be cool to see other stuff like locking the opponent out of meters (I’m sure there is a character who can do this I can’t remember who), locking/scrambling buttons, or maybe slowing down the opponent idk. Just dumb stuff to troll the other guy.

41 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Would be cool to see other stuff like locking the opponent out of meters (I’m sure there is a character who can do this I can’t remember who), locking/scrambling buttons, or maybe slowing down the opponent idk. Just dumb stuff to troll the other guy.

Baiken in AC+R locks people out of buttons.

Persona 4 Arena is full of status effects that do random stuff to people.

Raven in Xrd would throw needles that slowed down the opponent (to further shit on them from how ridiculous he was on release).

7 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Irrelevant. I don't play online enough to care. You've managed to waste years of your life complaining about a game you don't play. That's weird to me.

It's weird to me that people keep bitching about a game and keep playing it, yet throw more money at the company like thats going to help them.

Irrelevant, I bought the game and played it, I complained day 1 about the Netcode and 6 years later it is still not fixed.

If you want me to tell you how terrible SFVs entire singleplayer content is, I can do that. I already made a giant post about SFs whole story, why it's ass and how I would fix it, especially with making it consistent.

I can go on, I make to this day fun of the morons who still suck blizzards cocks and play WoW, despite the game going to shit after MoP. Where I quit by the by.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

It's weird to me that people keep bitching about a game and keep playing it, yet throw more money at the company like thats going to help them.

Irrelevant, I bought the game and played it, I complained day 1 about the Netcode and 6 years later it is still not fixed.

If you want me to tell you how terrible SFVs entire singleplayer content is, I can do that. I already made a giant post about SFs whole story, why it's ass and how I would fix it, especially with making it consistent.

I can go on, I make to this day fun of the morons who still suck blizzards cocks and play WoW, despite the game going to shit after MoP. Where I quit by the by.

I don't play the game at all and haven't played it seriously for five years. I check out the new patches and play games with friends and sometimes even people here, like Darc or Matt. I don't really know why you think I (or really a lot of people here) are dickriding Capcom because most of us don't like SFV that much lol. At the same time, we like to keep up with the game and see what's new since most of us like Street Fighter in general.

No, it is relevant. People don't actively participate in things they vehemently hate normally, especially for years on end. I don't think you understand what irrelevant and relevant conclusions mean.

31 minutes ago, elliephil said:

People don't actively participate in things they vehemently hate normally, especially for years on end.

You see Zyfer is German. A population well noted for bdsm and scatological activities.

Pretty sure he has been posting in this thread all this years as some sort of sexual fetish involving abusing himself through slpublic shame.

🤔

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You see Zyfer is German. A population well noted for bdsm and scatological activities.

Pretty sure he has been posting in this thread all this years as some sort of sexual fetish involving abusing himself through slpublic shame.

🤔

Grew up with Germans and spoke German regularly as a kid. Can confirm lololol

7 hours ago, Vhozite said:

She has two other effects but I can’t remember what they are. 

The other two is damage over time and increased hit stun.

There are a few other debuffs that is not just DOT in some games.

As Sonero said, Persona 4 Arena has several status effects the cast can use. Some of these include being unable to block but having your damage increase (Rage), being unable to move (Shock), reversing left and right directions (Confusion), getting counter hit automatically and being unable to break throws (Fear), and more. You can set up three of these at a time. All except Rage will disappear when you hit the opponent or after a set amount of time. Rage will only disappear with the latter.

Both Amaterasu and Viewtiful Joe in Marvel vs Capcom 3 have supers that slow the opponents down. Amaterasu’s slows the entire enemy team and she doesn’t have to hit them for it to be active, doing it any time she has a meter. V. Joe‘s has to actually attack to apply the effect and will only affect the person that was hit by it. On the upside, it doesn’t go away when the character tags out and will only end when they are being played.

In GG Accent Core Plus R, Zappa has a stance called the triplets. If he attacks you while in this stance, you will be cursed and have random items attack you. There’s also Baiken who can seal off buttons and actions with her force break. Locking buttons comes at another price for those hit by hit: depending on the button, they cannot either throw or use their burst to escape combos.

In JoJo All Star Battle, both Rohan and Pucci have ways to lock opponents out of their moves. Rohan had a normal that can lock people out of their buttons for a set amount of time. Both of his supers also lock out moves for a set amount of time. His level 1 locks characters out of their special attacks while his level 2 makes it so the enemy can’t attack at all. Pucci in his first form  has the ability lock out specials through a command grab and his only super in that form. Unlike Rohan, his seals can last to an indefinite amount of time with the affected character will have to knock Pucci down and grab an item from him to get their specials back.

I assume why they aren’t many debuffs that is not just taking extra damage or DOT is that they’re hard to balance. You either have a character that is leagues above the others or one of the weakest characters in the game. 

Edited by BornWinner
8 hours ago, Sonero said:

This is a good time to remind that even Smash majors never banned a character. (I think.) 🤣

Twitter's FGC is S A W F T.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Baiken in AC+R locks people out of buttons.

Persona 4 Arena is full of status effects that do random stuff to people.

Raven in Xrd would throw needles that slowed down the opponent (to further shit on them from how ridiculous he was on release).

3 examples, all of them from Arc System WORKS.

It's undisputed by now, GOAT FG company. 😤