Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Japan's demographics will eventually be the world's demographics anyway, the trend is universal among all developed countries and countries that are in development. Japan is just facing a harsher, slightly faster version of it because of particular historical and cultural issues and the fact it doesn't rely on immigration to make up for it like most other developed countries do.

Eventually reaching a global stable population level is only a good thing, and the sooner it happens the better it will be.

Anyway, I thought this was a thigh-posting forum masquerading as a fighting game forum. Where are all the thighs?

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

I love videgames as much as the next guy but I wish every country on the planet had Japan's demographics curve. Having significantly less people on this planet is pretty much the best and probably only solution to our environmental problems. 

I can't agree with that when the other day we saw a fire break out UNDERWATER IN A SEA because of oil bullshit.

A lot of places are still putting up half-assed efforts. Hell, the clown in charge here wants to torch the amazon for soy like we eat that shit like cheerios.

41 minutes ago, Volt said:

A lot of places are still putting up half-assed efforts. Hell, the clown in charge here wants to torch the amazon for soy like we eat that shit like cheerios.

Yeah, but that's an unsolvable problem unless we reboot how society works. So I'm just hoping for things that are out of politicians control.

2 hours ago, delete_me said:

I love videgames as much as the next guy but I wish every country on the planet had Japan's demographics curve. Having significantly less people on this planet is pretty much the best and probably only solution to our environmental problems. 

Every time I see panic about declining population numbers it always comes across as the ruling elite panicking that they’ll have less serfs to exploit. 

Even if you don’t care about the environment or sustainability basic economics tell us that as supply of a resource goes down its value goes up. People are a resource, and when you’re competing with less people for a job, a house, a mate, or anything else you have more leverage to get what you want. 

If there are only 5 guys in town who can do your job instead of 10, your employer has to actually treat you right and pay you more to keep you on board.

39 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I don't know if that was the same video that I watched from another a female FG youtuber that translated it and ask them permission

I can't remember the details on the sub exactly because I was focusing I was more on focusing on her commentary on the topic, it had feel similarities on the topic

great stuff is they are aware that rollback is one of their top priority

I don't know why harada thinks the otherwise

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Well, looks like Englang got this one in the bag.  Looks like @Phantom_Miria & @ZioSerpewon't be eating salamella tonight 😔

That was merely giving them a false sense of security before convincingly, mercilessly and easily striking a lethal blow.

Now excuse me but I must celebrate with something they haven't invented in the English marshlands yet: edible food. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Volta said:

Those late Rashford and Sancho subs sure paid off nicely. For the Italians, that is.

At least we can give credit to the goalie for catching Sancho's otherwise good shot.

Rashford baited the goalie successfully and whiffed the shot. 

What the fuck. 🤣

45 minutes ago, Volt said:

At least we can give credit to the goalie for catching Sancho's otherwise good shot.

Rashford baited the goalie successfully and whiffed the shot. 

What the fuck. 🤣

He pulled all that shit to send the goalie the other way only to hit the post, it looked like something straight out of a Benny Hill skit.

10 hours ago, Sonero said:

Thats unfortunate. Game turned out to be way more fun than I thought it would be based on the beta.

Is a matter of the game not being GG in anything but name. 

It maybe be fun, but it offers 0 of what i like about the series. 

I am not going to support what i dislike. 

Is more likely that i would play MVCI, SFXT or Jump Force before touching Glamorous Garbage Strive. 

Edited by Hecatom

Street Fighter 5 competitors confused and frustrated by strange use of Tekken's rules at tournament, multiple players drop out at LG UltraGear's new, large-scale event in Fight Night

"The LG tournament I'm playing in today, is it seriously 60-second rounds and 3 rounds? Lol," reads Momochi's translated tweet. "Are we playing Tekken perhaps?"

"I laughed out loud at the rules for today's tournament." "60-second timer and 3 rounds... I think I've heard of a certain game that has such a ruleset..."

Edited by AriesWarlock
11 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Is a matter of the game not being GG in anything but name. 

It maybe be fun, but it offers 0 of what i like about the series. 

I am not going to support what i dislike. 

Is more likely that i would play MVCI, SFXT or Jump Force before touching Glamorous Garbage Strive. 

I'd like to know which changes in Strive made you dislike the game.

Honestly curious.