Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

38 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Best part about the Nickelodeon Smasher is that all the characters in it are for people who are over 30 so the Smash Bros guys won't have anybody young to prey on.

The REAL Old man game.

I was thinking the opposite cause I only recognize Leo, and SpongeBob but just from all the memes. 

Nickelodeon didn't have it's own cartoons when I watched it. Hell it barely begun to exist at all. 

That Nickelodean thing is probably the closest we'll ever get to having a Last Airbender/Korra fighting game.

If one of them is in of course but I think they put them in their cart racer so it's safe to assume at least one of them is.

Which of course means I'm going to buy that thing no matter what. Throwing all four elements in Spongebob's face is my new most wanted experience for 2021.

Matt from Two Best Friends just made me realize something. They do not have Killer Instinct as a game for EVO this year even though it was set to appear in it last year.

With Sony in control of EVO now, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were petty enough to not add KI for being a Microsoft game.

Edited by BornWinner

Now that I've grown accustomed to V-Triggers and Crush Counters and started playing a fireball character I think the fact that some characters become stronger when you throw a fireball at them might be one of the Top 3 sins of SFV. And ironically it's not even a tool they give, say, Zangief by letting him catch a fireball with SPD to power up the next command grab. No, it's mostly characters that just don't give a shit about zoning in the first place, so that they can really kick you when you're down.

I just fought a G as Rose and you can't throw a fireball at him because it charges his overpowered V-Trigger. So I do, uhm, what exactly? Rush him down with my Roadrunner walkspeed and shimmy him with my Son-Goku normals? Or just hug him very nicely and hope he forgot he has a command grab? Now granted the dude was a smurf (85% winquote with 150 matches played) buteven against someone on my level I don't see a solution for his toolset vs. mine.

Any Sagat players here? I think he's is the closest to Rose in terms of overall gameplan, strengths and weaknesses so I wonder how he deals with G.

14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@delete_meNot a Sagat player here but you may want to look at content from Zaferino and of course Bonchan.

The problem is it's a pain in the ass to look up matches that feature G because of his stupid one-letter name that bypasses most search functions...

But I'll try, there's not too much activity here at the moment it seems.

14 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

and yeah, Sagat is rough in SFV. I love the idea of playing him but literally hate 90% of my time in-game.

I can kind of see that. Rose can at least play SFV for a few seconds when she pops V-Trigger and do some dumb comeback but Sagat doesn't really have that.

Edit: didn't even know these youtube awards were a thing. Congratz to monkey man.

Edited by delete_me

Alright, found a few Bonchan matches against Smug etc. Turns out I was correct, you just have to go full rushdown, he barely throws fireballs at all. Not sure how Rose is supposed to do that but I'll try it against the next G that comes my way. In a month or two I guess, he's surprisingly and thankfully not a common sight online.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:45 PM, delete_me said:

Now that I've grown accustomed to V-Triggers and Crush Counters and started playing a fireball character I think the fact that some characters become stronger when you throw a fireball at them might be one of the Top 3 sins of SFV. And ironically it's not even a tool they give, say, Zangief by letting him catch a fireball with SPD to power up the next command grab. No, it's mostly characters that just don't give a shit about zoning in the first place, so that they can really kick you when you're down.

Lol posts like this are exactly why I’m sure how much longer I’m gonna keep playing FGs despite it being the best multiplayer genre imo. Not sure how to phrase it, but it feels like in every game yolo basic bitch rush down is the only play style encouraged and consistently allowed to be good. 

You want to do literally anything but get in and hit buttons in the other guys face? Fuck you.

34 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Lol posts like this are exactly why I’m sure how much longer I’m gonna keep playing FGs despite it being the best multiplayer genre imo. Not sure how to phrase it, but it feels like in every game yolo basic bitch rush down is the only play style encouraged and consistently allowed to be good. 

You want to do literally anything but get in and hit buttons in the other guys face? Fuck you.

Yeah, SFV is a bit depressing for me at the moment because the minute I turn on ranked I'm fighting the same 5 people over and over.....4 of which use M. Bison and play the exact same way every time.  When there's no character variety and  none of my fights are interesting/people aren't making adjustments what is the point?  Strive has a roster a third of the size of SFV and get more variety and better netcode playing that game.

I'm looking forward to Oro and Akira coming to hopefully refresh things a bit.  

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Yeah, SFV is a bit depressing for me at the moment because the minute I turn on ranked I'm fighting the same 5 people over and over.....4 of which use M. Bison and play the exact same way every time.  When there's no character variety and  none of my fights are interesting/people aren't making adjustments what is the point?  Strive has a roster a third of the size of SFV and get more variety and better netcode playing that game.

I’ve barely touched SFV this season. My main got buffed and I still only lasted like a week before checking out. If anyone here really needs another person to fight I’ll always be down to fight a friend but I think the days of me playing the game on my own are over. 

Tbh I probably won’t even check out Oro or Akira. We are 5 years in with over 40 characters. The chance they are brining something actually interesting to the table for me is basically 0.

Strive’s roster is for sure more varied, but I tbh I still don’t really mesh with any of the characters. 

Guilty Gear: Strive shipments and digital sales top 500,000, first DLC character to be announced July 20

Another 200,000 copies moved since June 14.

GG-Strive-500K_07-15-21.jpg

Here is a brief overview of Guilty Gear: Strive, via Arc System Works:

The latest entry to the Guilty Gear series, Guilty Gear: Strive, with its cutting-edge graphics, stunning fully-voiced cinematic story mode, an online mode suited for players around the world, has been praised by its players as being at the leading edge of the versus-fighting games.

Varied free contents and updates, downloadable content, and additional new characters will be on the way to keep the hype continuing for now and into the future.

6 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but

Have you still not learned your lesson yet?

5 hours ago, Volt said:

Dang, some r/Kappa goon executed a meme idea I had before I had time to. College sucks.

7xkh4hp2agb71.jpg

Melty gang, where you at? 🙃

This is nonsense, no one plays the Steam Version, only the community edition.

This should be a phone, not the Steam Switch.

Also speaking of Switch, I checked Merryweathers Twitter again today and found this

https://twitter.com/Merryweatherey/status/1410352509353398274

5 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Tbh I probably won’t even check out Oro or Akira. We are 5 years in with over 40 characters. The chance they are brining something actually interesting to the table for me is basically 0.

I know it's subjective but Rose is genuinely the first character I feel at home when playing this game. It's kind of ridiculous to think about when you consider how old the game is at this point and I wish she had come out a year or two ago because the decline in players is very noticeable online. But she kind of is this mix of being a neutral control character who also has a bit of depth to her combo routes which is something I really like but no other character in this game could give me (Poison was the closest but I grew tired of people saying she was OP).

I don't really know what to expect from Oro outside of a character who's too complex to be good. Akira could turn out really interesting though even if at the end of the day she'll just be another "in your face with buttons" kind of fighter.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

I know it's subjective but Rose is genuinely the first character I feel at home when playing this game. It's kind of ridiculous to think about when you consider how old the game is

I understand this. So many of these characters play very similarly. I’ve struggled with finding a main for this game for years. Lots of characters feel “good enough” but no one has really clicked for me, which really helps me to lock them down as a main and keep coming back.

Edited by Mattatsu
10 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but

Have you still not learned your lesson yet?

Nah, you're getting me mixed up with someone else.  I've been playing and enjoying this game since launch.  Just frustrated with the lack of character variety online at the moment.