Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Never played you.

As far as I'm concerned, you're Deamos status. I don't actually believe you play. What's your CFN?

🧐

I've played a bunch of people on here many times.

Don't you live in Texas?  I'm in Canada so of course we haven't played.  That CFN connection would be ugly.

what did you think with Nickelodeon move to be platform fighters?

would it stand and last like "another platform fighter"  that would stay

or would it go obscure like playstation all star and cartoon network punch time explosion?

what made playstation all star fail and not became another platform fighter in your personal thoughts?

SNK KOF, MK and Samsho can exist as another 2D fighter but why can't there be another platform fighter? in your personal thoughts?

5 hours ago, delete_me said:

Why do Ed players all use that low-effort, zero details hoodie costume that makes him look like a randomized player character out of Playstation Home before you unlock the cool clothes?

Because all of his costumes suck. You may as well pick the least designed one that hides how small his head is. It’s basic but at least it isn’t and overdesigned mess.

If you do max range st.HP x Fireball with Rose against Cammy and she V-Reversals the st.HP  the fireball hits. There's als enough time to confirm it into super if you have the meter.

Not that there's any reason for Cammy to V-Reversal here, or against rose in general for that matter, but it's probably good tech to have in a parallel universe where the matchup is in Rose's favor.

5 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I wish they release these characters. Game is stale as fukk at this point. 

Don’t worry. ArcSys will show off their DLC this Tuesday which will force someone at Capcom to make a post on when Oro will drop which will probably not be any time soon. Like how they always do after a fighting game has a major update.

Or they will just make another post about one of Oro’s moves and not even acknowledge when he’s coming out. If I recall, they hadn’t shown his second v-trigger on Twitter yet.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Don’t worry. ArcSys will show off their DLC this Tuesday which will force someone at Capcom to make free to play with all season 2 characters unlocked for the weekend.

Fixed that for you.

Just played 41 games against some random dude on a great freaking netcode. Only a few hiccups here and there.

Strive is THAT CRACK.

🙏

14 hours ago, BornWinner said:

It has already been 13 years since SF4 was first released. While I can’t go back to it anymore, I had a real fun time playing this game. It was my first Street Fighter.

Yeah, it was a good time. Tons of newcomers to SF or the genre in general figuring things out, had a couple of online friends around my level I played regularly with for years and it made me go from that guy that who just jumped with HK into sweep in SFII to someone actually trying to learn how to play properly.

I also really miss the good old-fashioned manual search for opponents. Yeah it was a bit dumb if they kicked you and sometimes you had to refresh multiple times but systematically picking guys you know either used a fun character to play against or a matchup you wanted to try or just some random Blanka you felt like this time, for real, you'd stop him getting away with the BS. SFV feels like such a lifeless, lonely and toxic place in comparison, despite the (welcome) strides they made with crossplay.

4 hours ago, delete_me said:

I also really miss the good old-fashioned manual search for opponents. Yeah it was a bit dumb if they kicked you and sometimes you had to refresh multiple times but systematically picking guys you know either used a fun character to play against or a matchup you wanted to try or just some random Blanka you felt like this time, for real, you'd stop him getting away with t

You can do that in Strive and its a bit of a double edged sword. Dudes are ducking match ups 24/7.  On the plus side, rematching people until your hands fall of is quick and easy in the parks section. Dudes are real happy to run long ass sets in that game.

Guess its the ranked part that's kinda borked. SF5 needs that function. The "let me rematch you 500 times" function. You're right htough. It is hella helpful to be able to find who people are maining to get match up experience.

19 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Also TIL how to put my cars low beam lights on. Been going off the shitty day time running lamps or high beams for like 3 years now never knew it had proper low beams lmao

Also took me a year to discover my car had a sunroof. Thought it was just a vertical window

Have you checked under the bed for monsters?

53 minutes ago, Sonero said:

As twitter would say, "please say cap".

You can't seriously be admitting to going around driving with high beams like some 17 year old broad with no sense.

Nah I basically never use the high beams unless I’m in the middle of bumfuck nowhere AND idk where I’m going. I just been getting by on the daytime running lamps.

I knew the turn signal lever moved forwards and backwards but I could never figure out what is was for so I just never touched it. I literally just got my vehicle inspected and the guy had to come over and show me how to put my low beams on. 

Was a pretty crazy day. Like 5 minutes before I got to the dmv I got a check engine light (99% sure it’s my gas cap) so I had to clear the code and hope it didn’t pop up on their scan tool. They also didn’t run an exhaust test and never even checked my license 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Not about to type all that here.

Its pretty funny that a lot of people who are cool with canceling stuff and pearl clutching never wanna address how much they stan Lovecraft.

But you know, :coffee:

I dunno, I have seen people accusing Lovecraft of... Nyarlathotep ism. Same with some MTG cards. People recognize the problematic cards, but a few edits to them make the outrage die down.

33 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Literally named his cat the N word.

People wiiiiiiiild

Apparently that’s what his father named the cat and he never changed it when he passed away. Though I heard it was problematic in his life before changing his ways before passing away himself.

Also there have been people trying to cancel him anytime he’s brought up. Especially when that show, Lovecraft Country, was airing. 

14 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

People recognize the problematic cards,

My issue is the hypocrisy of the stuff. A lot of people who created great stuff were terrible human beings. How you deal with that is a personal issue.

But people acting holier than thou while actively choosing  to draw the line at things they like is some bull and needs to fuck off.

Which is why Lovecraft is up there. Goddamn if people don't talk about goofy lefty shit from one side of the mouth and then meme Cthullu stuff with the other. Like bro, Lovecraft was a massive racist. Which one is it?

😂

No idea what y’all are talking about but as a hip hop enjoyer I know most of my favorite musicians are terrible people or at the bare minimum criminals and tbh I don’t care. I think you can enjoy someone’s work without condoning their beliefs or behavior. 

Also I’m at the laundromat and I’m like 50%  sure this guy I see here is trapping

13 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Hey @Volt do you still have that excel sheet for a bunch of discords? If so, can you hook me up? I’m trying to find a 3S Ibuki server (or maybe just a good general 3S one with channels for every character.

or @Dayaan do you have any good discords?

Nope, some dipshit straight up deleted the sheet off the link.

I don't think it ever got remade too...