Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

That went well.

vr5AyMz.png

In classic SFV fashion the guy I lost to was by far the worst player of the bunch. It was some Ken (go figure) who had absolutely no idea how to play the game. His neutral game consisted of walking back and forth and randomly using V-Skill 1 to close the distance, with the ocasional jump in between. If he was close enough for a grab after VS1, he grabbed. If he wasn't, he used sweep. If he failed to gauge either distance, he used heavy DP after his attack whiffed.

It caught me completely off-guard. He was level 75 or something, very close to Ultra Platinum, so I expected to play someone with basic SF knowledge at least. On the plus side I don't think I've landed even half as many Crush Counters on a person before as I did against that guy during the rematches. I wish Soul Satellite had faster startup, I probably could have killed him with that move alone just due to him running face first into the orbs.

11 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Hey @Volt do you still have that excel sheet for a bunch of discords? If so, can you hook me up? I’m trying to find a 3S Ibuki server (or maybe just a good general 3S one with channels for every character.

or @Dayaan do you have any good discords?

Yes. Here is the 3S Reddit server with every character given a channel:

https://discord.gg/vkNVhzxzBV

There are other servers that can be more character specific and high level, but those are private so you'd have to try and get a name for yourself before being invited to those, so I can't help you there. Alternatively, you could just ask someone that owns those servers and they'd let you in. Look forward to seeing you there.

7 hours ago, delete_me said:

That went well.

vr5AyMz.png

In classic SFV fashion the guy I lost to was by far the worst player of the bunch. It was some Ken (go figure) who had absolutely no idea how to play the game. His neutral game consisted of walking back and forth and randomly using V-Skill 1 to close the distance, with the ocasional jump in between. If he was close enough for a grab after VS1, he grabbed. If he wasn't, he used sweep. If he failed to gauge either distance, he used heavy DP after his attack whiffed.

It caught me completely off-guard. He was level 75 or something, very close to Ultra Platinum, so I expected to play someone with basic SF knowledge at least. On the plus side I don't think I've landed even half as many Crush Counters on a person before as I did against that guy during the rematches. I wish Soul Satellite had faster startup, I probably could have killed him with that move alone just due to him running face first into the orbs.

Great example why the game is infuriating.   Playing like a nut gets you way further than it has any right to.

What I wouldn't give for another game in the same vein as HF, ST or even SSFIV...

I'm tired of fighting games where 'screen control' is a dirty word and the only viable playstyle is to mindlessly barge through neutral range before

doing the same routine over and over again like a circus monkey working for a peanut. I wonder if we'll ever see a game again that doesn't have at

least one of the following:

1. Air blocking

2. Universal parries

3. Screen clearing moves that are projectile-invincible and/or plus on block

Now watch SF6 include all three of the above.

33 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Idk how many ppl here still play 3S on 30A, but this may save some time/frustration for you…

The issue with this isn't to do with 30th. It's to do with 3rd Strike. When your health reaches 0, you juggle differently and combo differently. That's why you can't combo certain things that normally combo after a KO. That's why it wasn't working... Because as far as the game is concerned, it shouldn't. Training mode is just a bunch of modifiers placed on the base game, and the base game doesn't allow for certain things to combo after a KO because it's unnecessary since the game wasn't designed with training mode in mind. It's an arcade cabinet game that was later ported and not remade from the ground up.

I suggest for accurate training, you set the health to infinite. Otherwise you could end up learning misinformation, or even worse, spreading that misinfo.

Have fun ~

19 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

The issue with this isn't to do with 30th. It's to do with 3rd Strike. When your health reaches 0, you juggle differently and combo differently. That's why you can't combo certain things that normally combo after a KO. That's why it wasn't working... Because as far as the game is concerned, it shouldn't. Training mode is just a bunch of modifiers placed on the base game, and the base game doesn't allow for certain things to combo after a KO because it's unnecessary since the game wasn't designed with training mode in mind. It's an arcade cabinet game that was later ported and not remade from the ground up.

I suggest for accurate training, you set the health to infinite. Otherwise you could end up learning misinformation, or even worse, spreading that misinfo.

Have fun ~

Appreciate the info and the tip. I’ll delete the tweet for now, but I may re-post it later with more accurate details . Thanks

27 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Appreciate the info and the tip. I’ll delete the tweet for now, but I may re-post it later with more accurate details . Thanks

No, no need to delete the tweet! The info you posted is totally accurate. I'm just telling you why it's accurate. Good stuff. I'm glad you figured it out.

7 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

No, no need to delete the tweet! The info you posted is totally accurate. I'm just telling you why it's accurate. Good stuff. I'm glad you figured it out.

Ah well, it wasn’t very accurate lol. I mean, it was in the sense that that’s why the combo wasn’t working (kinda) but I was somewhat blaming 30A’s training mode. I’ll repost it later, more as an FYI and recommending infinite health

3 hours ago, Volta said:

What I wouldn't give for another game in the same vein as HF, ST or even SSFIV...

I'm tired of fighting games where 'screen control' is a dirty word and the only viable playstyle is to mindlessly barge through neutral range before

doing the same routine over and over again like a circus monkey working for a peanut. I wonder if we'll ever see a game again that doesn't have at

least one of the following:

1. Air blocking

2. Universal parries

3. Screen clearing moves that are projectile-invincible and/or plus on block

Now watch SF6 include all three of the above.

The last game I personally played without any of that stuff was Injustice 2 (I think), and everyone whined about it.

Basically I wouldn’t count on anything in the FG pipeline being anything but hyper aggro, since that’s what the players who bankroll our games want. It is what it is.

Edited by Vhozite

Yo, I had a strange ass dream.

I went to an Arcade to play games and @Sonerowas bodying niggas in....World Heroes. Homie was the star of the place. People were asking for autographs, money matches, and tips on how to get better. It felt too real. Every other game was being ignored for World Heroes. Crowds were surrounding it and no one could get this man off of the machine. Pert, were you a World Heroes champion in your younger days or something? 

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

Everyone who was alive in a pre-9/11 world 🤣

edit: it was very good though. By far my favourite 3D fighter. Very fluid and fairly basic, making it easy to pickup and have fun with.

9/11 fucked everything up. People stopped playing good games after it. Wack. Bad play from my team. We'll concede the turnover on this one. No contest.

Just now, JustBrowsing said:

Game was never my thing, but he seems genuine there. For Ono..

I trust the guy on the darkstalker issue,

People are putting the blame on him but didn't consider everything else like higher ups demands like quota, budget allocation and failure consequences

even some had come up with Ono is the cause of everything that fail SF.

I don't really trust 100% the rumors 

I have very strong negative feelings towards SCVI. I can't wrap my head around how the online in that game could turn out so piss poor when SCV ran absolutely flawlessly. I'm also really salty how they made a lot of Hilde's charge moves into command inputs, though that's obviously a more subjective point. Her SCVI version is a bit like SFV Juri, she's similar but also not and significantly less fun to use IMO. I can understand the roster frustrations directed towards SCV at the time but if I was forced to play only one FG character for the rest of my life I'd pick SCV Hilde in a heartbeat.

That said, it's still good to see the game was a success because if they make more of these, there are mor chances for me to like them again.

14 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

even some had come up with Ono is the cause of everything that fail SF.

Edit: I mean every fighting game he touch according to some in another forum

His really accountable for SFV vanilla launch and SFX tekken but not for MVCi and Darkstalker not being launch

Yet we will see if what happened to SFV vanilla launch or MVCi launch will happen again in succeeding future FGS  of capcom if it was really Ono that is trying to squeeze those (many pointed out even those influencers)shady practices that dislike in the launch of SFV vanilla, SFXT or MVCi

I don't really believe the entire SF6  "team based thing" because of the data leaks  results are more reliable than the FG influencer confirming the rumors where true.

Confirmed by those FG influencers that are excited to have darkstalkers characters in a SF game or really been campaigning for DS to be release along side with SF. I believe the whole idea of a DS character not in SF had been one of the way that Ono had negative perception among some of his colleague working with him probably shrugging those kind ideas. 

the data leak was late but it reveals the so called team based SF6 never exist along with the job opening of the battle planner confirmed the female replacement of ono didn't happened they are not even sure about who because of the location where the so called rumor Ono female replacement was different. It ended as a rumor that it might be yousa but they had ? or somebody female remade the whole Sf6 team mechanic and ended up "HAPPILY EVER AFTER" that its now doing better and good?

And some in SRK come into conclusion that if Ono is out there would be more Capcom FGs release like Darkstalkers, lol come on. People already said this in the past even the so called influencer mentioned that one of SFXT failure is because there is  another competing FGs by Capcom on the side. Same thing people in the past said to SF3 like their own FGs compete with each other.

Darkstalkers had been so much fancied nowadays. but wayback the 1st and 2nd DS was also a flop because of chain combos and aesthetic also exist in other games like SFA and etc. that they reinvent the whole round system for the 3rd DS but it's not heavily memorable in gameplay. Unlike what made the classic Samsho experience.

SNK Heroines and Samsho exist even KOF was around because it unique and have distinct experiences,  Same as SC to Tekken. 

They could rebrand the experience of Darkstalkers but what  could it offer a whole new experience when it's about chain combos, flashiness and anime artstyle in a era of modern anime fighters? because its a horror genre?

EX moves, multiple chain like combos, flashy mechanics and supers, along with unique movements for some characters  are already in modern sf. 

It's hard to standout but for sure it can result to divide the whole playerbase of Capcom FGs if release simultaneously with SF if they cannot reinvent it.

I believe it doesn't matter if SF is handled by an RE guy or a monster hunter guy or someone else because it's all about the budget allocation, quota and the higher ups priority. the main problem is if FGs in capcom are treated like experimentation to be like hybrid f2p or something.

RE and mh has tons of remake and rerelease from new even countless remakes of remake, while FGs in the company always crying that they are struggling for a budget. it's always been that like SFV is in a budget, MVCi is in a budget. this is always been something that comes up every new FGs is been develop in capcom that they need to be compare to the other struggling companies, lol when they are a triple A company like Bamco.

Edited by Shakunetsu
On 7/20/2021 at 6:54 AM, delete_me said:

That went well.

vr5AyMz.png

Those players are some of the most dangerous because even though they're bad, they always catch you on the wrong side of thinking they won't possibly do what they end up doing. Especially dp happy Ken players. 

On 7/21/2021 at 4:14 PM, Sonero said:

Did you pick up Strive or nah?

I did but I got caught up playing single player games so I didn't dedicate enough time to it. I was playing Sekiro and some other stuff.

Also I assume there's some site glitch because of the Sean lvl image?