Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Finding this  room is a struggle. Even with the filters I still can't find you

I find keep pressing square to refresh the list helped a bit. Also my rank is 4th kyu, so be sure you’re not set to same rank as you

but yeah, this system is stupid. Sega put out a statement that they are working on a patch to make it easier to find friend’s rooms, so hopefully that’s soon

Edited by Mattatsu
39 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

So, new character for GG Strive, and his name is Happy Chaos (first mentioned in Xrd Rev).

ClYpgWn.png

zNAt1bZ.jpg

duGKQ0T.jpg

I cant explain why but I like this dude. Partly because it sounds like he's being voiced by Robbie Daymond. 

Edited by Jocelot
1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

But the first one is coming out soon after release and is completely new to being playable (That Man? Happy Chaos? Goldlewis?). Everyone else is confirmed to be a veteran.

The wording is very, very deliberate.

I'm gonna go with Happy Chaos (Man obviously can fight, he got a strap like Elphelt) and That Man.

#FreeMyManThatMan.

31 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Elphelt fans are losing their minds this week. First was the interview that said ArcSys chose Ram over her for Xrd representation and now Happy Chaos comes in blasting as a new gun user. 

Good. Fuck em.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, EvilCanadian said:

giant fat burger man wields a fucking coffin from area 51 with a fucking alien inside as a flail

no way he's not dlc

Holy shit. 👀

1 hour ago, Volt said:

spacer.png

Talk yo shit Daisuke! 🤣

I actually really like the combo maker idea, because it’ll let you learn crazy combos in-game so you don’t have to resort to YouTube or whatever, of course, I’m sure most of them won’t be practical/optimal, but it’ll be fun nonetheless, and may just be fun to watch and see what some of the other characters are capable of

56 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I actually really like the combo maker idea, because it’ll let you learn crazy combos in-game so you don’t have to resort to YouTube or whatever, of course, I’m sure most of them won’t be practical/optimal, but it’ll be fun nonetheless, and may just be fun to watch and see what some of the other characters are capable of

Usually what ASW games do, they give you via Mission Mode an idea what works and what can connect.

So you get an idea, then they throw you into the game and tell you to figure the rest out.

10 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I would be okay with bryon as a new character

WE ALL WERE.

Except instead we got Aryan Fighter 5.

1 minute ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I can't believe I forgot that you weren't a fan of SF4.

What Darc doesn't tell people is that SF5 reminds him of his days as an unruly minority youth mugging people. He long quit that to become a fantasy writer. But to fund his first typewriter, he bumrushed people like a cocaine powered G to get at them wallets.

5 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I can't believe I forgot that you weren't a fan of SF4. Especially after you and Pert were just going back and forth about it not too long ago.

I'm not the biggest fan of the EX franchise but I haven't played an EX game is probably close to two decades at this point. So maybe I'll feel differently now.

Edit: Actually was  rail thin, short, runt that was in advance classes that grew 14" and gained 92lbs in a three year span. Crazy how I've been two fights since my grow spurt. Before then, people always thought they could fuck with me. 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I’m so torn on who I want to play. I’m scared of committing so Giovanna seems more my speed but Sol look super sexy and Ram looks fun too. They simplified her so I might be able to mess with her more than I did in Xrd. I was wondering about Ino but I don’t know.... her hover dash game plan was never interesting to me. Nago looks so sick aesthetically but I know my bitch ass would die in two seconds using this nigga. Ky is dry ass bread tier I’m probably never touching him. So it’s most likely Sol/Gio unless they add that super hot aryan hoe from Xrd that was never playable lmao.

@EvilCanadianthanks for the vid fam.

Edited by TWINBLADES_SRK

Start with Sol, then dip your toes with other people. Large part of Guilty Gear is having fun moving around. This one isn't as fun to move in as the older games, but after you get used to things you can see what kind of offense you like running and pick from there.

also Virtua fighter sucks all the dicks on pad. Holy shit this blows.

22 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

I’m so torn on who I want to play. I’m scared of committing so Giovanna seems more my speed but Sol look super sexy and Ram looks fun too. They simplified her so I might be able to mess with her more than I did in Xrd. I was wondering about Ino but I don’t know.... her hover dash game plan was never interesting to me. Nago looks so sick aesthetically but I know my bitch ass would die in two seconds using this nigga. Ky is dry ass bread tier I’m probably never touching him. So it’s most likely Sol/Gio unless they add that super hot aryan hoe from Xrd that was never playable lmao.

We all know you'll end up picking Millia.  

9 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

For what its worth Ram is piss easy to play until your opponent starts to know what they are doing. You can get so much mileage out of f.S, 5H and j.S and sword tosses get you easy corner carry into burst safe routes. She's sort of a mid screen bully that converts into a corner mauler on the right hits. But TBH you can play her real, real stupid for awhile and the character can carry you pretty far. Or at least that was my experience in the betas. I think Anji will/should be her natural predator but I dunno how popular he is going to be.

Sol/Gio are great choices if you want to get up in that ass. I like Sol because he is basically just punching the shit out of people now. Case in point:

The triple 5H combo cracks me up.