Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Did anyone pick up Melty 2?

I've been talking in the Melty thread, but no one is responding.

Pretty sure the anime boys don't like the cut of my jib so I'm ignored by a lot of them 

Is Melty 2, Type Lumina? I have it on PS4. I don’t think I’ll really be able to play it until this weekend though

Edited by Mattatsu
1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

yooo I've been playing more guitar lately too. Actually practicing scales and shit.

Nice! Yeah, I actually just bought my first pack of strings in like 4 years lol. Restringing my 4 string to the lower four strings of a 5 string bass (BEAD) and going to get into learning some metal stuff.

am even debating composing some prog-rock/classic metal type of instrumental tracks to start making some of my own stuff.

I like almost all kinds of music, but I really have a lot of fun blasting this shit at loud volumes.

16 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Restringing my 4 string to the lower four strings of a 5 string bass (BEAD) and going to get into learning some metal stuff.

Or start smoking reefer, put flats on it, remove the frets and learn modal jazz like a REAL MUSCIAN 

Edit: Have you done this yet?? Cause it might fuck up your action or intonation if that B string is too much of a B I G T H I C C B O I for your nut or saddle @Mattatsu 

Edited by KingTubb
1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

Or start smoking reefer, put flats on it, remove the frets and learn modal jazz like a REAL MUSCIAN 

I already have a fretless 5 string with flats for jazz lol. Don’t assume I can’t walk up and down Miles Davis’ “So What” lol.

Jazz has been kinda boring me though (which is honestly why I haven’t played much lately). I feel like I’m playing it because I should be, rather than wanting to.

6 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Have you done this yet?? Cause it might fuck up your action or intonation if that B string is too much of a B I G T H I C C B O I for your nut or saddle

I had this bass set up to BEAD a while ago with a .005 thinner B-string so hopefully it will be okay.

This bass has an adjustable nut and the slot is not deep, really just a groove for it to nestle in…

Good thinking about the saddle though, I may have to take a file to it if it gives me trouble.

9 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Then metal is the only answer. 

I'll go out and buy and Ampeg VT 40, a big muff, tune down to C and we can start a High on Fire cover band 

Nice! I’ll listen to that in a bit. I need to get into more heavier music. I basically just listen to Iron Maiden, Tool, and Cliff Burton-era Metallica lol.

side note: I am not a fan of super detuned stuff. I used to play in a hip hop group with a guitarist getting into metal. Dude had a 7 string and detuned his B string to G, leaving me with only 8 semitones to call my own… I never understood why he thought “chugging” would work in a hip hop band with a freestyling MC, but somehow no one else cared but me. Drummer couldn’t keep time worth a shit either, as soon as I purposely went off-beat to find a groove, he’d come along with me. I couldn’t leave fast enough.

3 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

I wanna get a Switch OLED but I know those fuckers are gonna be sold out day 1. Even the Switch's are suffering from the chip shortage. I'll prob get a one when Bayo 3 is close to launching.

Real talk, I'm biased as fuck because I'm a Nintendo fan since I was a kid.

But that line-up is great. BotW, Mario Kart, a bunch of FGs, Pokémon, Metroid, Link's Awakening... Iirc it got Devil May Cry 3 too... I should grab that if it's available.

Since I travel every once in a while, I've been getting a lot of mileage of it being a portable. Just the fact that I can kick back on the couch instead of being glued to my room like on PC is a big draw.

Playing Pokémon while taking a dump is pure nostalgia too. 🤣

OLED's definitely getting scalped to hell and back, but I got an OG for modding anyway.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

So what are you looking for? Are you willing to expand your horizons?

I generally prefer metal where the bass is loud and noticeable, as well as somewhat melodic with noticeable gaps in between notes at times - essentially, where the bass isn’t just chugging along for long periods, which unfortunately, seems to be in most of the modern metal that I’ve heard.

I mostly like fairly light metal to be honest, classic Metallica, Tool, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, King Crimson, Huntress, prog-era Rush, etc.

I am open to expanding my horizons though. For the most part, I just want something where the bass part is interesting to me.

Edited by Mattatsu
2 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I generally prefer metal where the bass is loud and noticeable, as well as somewhat melodic with noticeable gaps in between notes at times - essentially, where the bass isn’t just chugging along for long periods, which unfortunately, seems to be in most of the modern metal that I’ve heard.

I mostly like fairly light metal to be honest, classic Metallica, Tool, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, King Crimson, Huntress, prog-era Rush, etc.

I am open to expanding my horizons though. For the most part, I just want something where the bass part is interesting to me.

If you were interested in drums, I could recommend you this: 🤣

17 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

You gonna co-op with me? Lets kill shit together.

We can definitely co-op, though I’m not sure right now what it’ll be like. The only Souls game I got really into was the Demon’s Souls Remake, and that isn’t too co-op friendly - it’s more geared towards getting a more experienced player help you in boss battles than run-around blind with a buddy.

I think the PVP only works on co-op though, so yeah, that’s be fun. PVP was one of my favourites things with the Demon’s Souks Remake… Ran around with dual Uchigatanas, push-locking people like an asshole lol

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

We can definitely co-op, though I’m not sure right now what it’ll be like. The only Souls game I got really into was the Demon’s Souls Remake, and that isn’t too co-op friendly - it’s more geared towards getting a more experienced player help you in boss battles than run-around blind with a buddy.

I think the PVP only works on co-op though, so yeah, that’s be fun. PVP was one of my favourites things with the Demon’s Souks Remake… Ran around with dual Uchigatanas, push-locking people like an asshole lol

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Nice! I hope you can co-op from the start.

In Demon’s Souls you can summon in a partner, but the level completion is only awarded to your game so they can’t go into the next level with you, unless they already beat it previously…

the levels work a bit differently than they do in Dark Souls, well DS1 which is the only other Souls game I have played. I do prefer the Demons Souls way, but yeah, not great for co-op runs

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

I think good defensive mechanics make a modern fighting game.

That said, shield is pretty bland aesthetically.  Haven't touched Melty so I can't say if it feels good in play.

Yeah, shield looks like it could be fun in-game, but I don’t think it makes the game look good (from a spectator perspective). At least that’s my opinion.

still haven’t played it yet and honestly, not really feeling it all of a sudden. I was playing MK11 again before Melty dropped and was really enjoying it so I may just play MK from time to time… if anyone ever wants games, let me know.

edit: tbf, my mind is very preoccupied with getting back into music so it’s likely I’m just not interested in learning a new FG on top of that.

Edited by Mattatsu
4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I've noticed a lot of younger players tend to look down on defensive mechanics, especially if they keep them from attacking how they want. 

This. Young players just hate anything that stops them from going full throttle 100% of the time, and I say that as someone who hates all combo breakers that aren’t GG style burst. 

I will say that I hate most defensive mechanics for two reasons. 

1. Like most people, I don’t like my earned reward being retroactively taken. 

2. More importantly, I feel like defensive mechanics and their reactive nature are used as justification for enabling overly oppressive offensive options. 

I can name examples of number two in basically any modern game I’ve played.

* Balrog and Bison burning meter to immediately get in my face at plus frames at warp speed from half screen distance is a-ok because VR exists. 

* Baraka dumpstering me for 40% off a safe forward moving attack because he got a counter is fine because I can just dump all my defensive meter to break out of his juggle combo. 

* Sol having a command grab, an air dive special, a consistent forward moving combo ender, a super plus on block special, a damn near full screen low profile special, and the fastest normal in the game (did I miss anything) is fine. Just YRC or barrier block bro 😎 

Fuck defensive mechanics bro. Give me better neutral and zoning options so I can at least sometimes shut down this bullshit before it happens. But at the same time I’m not gonna dog on defensive options and in the next breath shit on literally anything that slows the game down. Pick one

Edited by Vhozite
4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I've noticed a lot of younger players tend to look down on defensive mechanics, especially if they keep them from attacking how they want. 

Some of the older players are tripping balls too. Like with Instablock in Strive. If you IB the right move, you basically get to bone a person entirely for it since most things in this game are negative. There's a two frame window to do it, but you can do it if you're paying attention. Instead of practicing it, you get a lot of people crying about it. Game has been out for 3ish months and people aren't using all the available options to their fullest extent and they want adjustments.

Hell I asked for tips on some match ups and I get told to wait for the patch. There's a general weird laziness about certain things that creeped up on the scene. Things need to be amazing on day 1 or its trash. Lets really look back at some old games we're still playing and put that mentality on it. How many old games if released under a new name now, would we still be playing if we gave them that treatment? Yeah, a lot of stuff wouldn't make it past the first 3 weeks.

8 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

* Sol having a command grab, an air dive special, a consistent forward moving combo ender, a super plus on block special, a damn near full screen low profile special, and the fastest normal in the game (did I miss anything) is fine. Just YRC or barrier block bro

Release Sol was meme. But ArcSys memes a lot making weird dumbshit MUGEN stuff and people give them a pass.

ArcSys routinely commits crimes but they don't get as much shit for it as Capcom does.

+R testament is criminal. Justice is criminal to half the cast. Zappa's sword was the same thing. 

Xrd during sign had Elphelt and Ram doing dumb oppressive stuff that system mechanics weren't saving you from. After being nerfed, Elphelt still was shitting on a chunk of the cast. Then came Raven in Revelator doing wack shit from the jump. The last king of crim mountain was Johnny.

Criminal character making. Hell if they'd let release Sol rock for a full year, he was going to really show how bad he was.

I’ve already said I don’t think Sol is too strong tier wise, I just really hate “this character has everything” designs, especially with its accompanied by clear favoritism by the devs.

People shit on MK all the time for designing characters just like Sol lol.