Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

I’m not sure I’m going to play Horizon Zero Dawn again. I really want to learn the lore but the actual gameplay is just so painfully basic. Might just read up on the wiki or something. 

Also I’m desperate to play a FG but at the same time I do not want to play any of the games I actually have installed. 

9 hours ago, KingTubb said:

That's before taxes, right? 

So DSP is pulling like 70K annually before taxes...

That's respectable, but he ain't balling out or anything 

As far as I know the leaked stuff is only about what Twitch passes to the streamers, and it doesn't count donations and sponsorships, so DSP almost certainly made more than that even if it's impossible to know how much more.

It seems like I've breaking the barriers for high level Fighting Ex Layer Another Dash and also applying that to other newer fighting games. I'm becoming much more unorthodox, as a more effective way to approach various level player interpretations. Interesting that the prominent players did express confusion and frustration against the way I perform. However, a more conservative convenience was never that effective against them, as that can be solved without much trouble.

I would need to find a way, however, for this discovery I've developed recently, to surface quickly at the beginning of the session, instead of later in those matches. However, I think the tendency for me to bring this out fully, depends on the quantity of the matches in standard.

A FT5 against them is the mindset of requiring it very quickly and developing on it against my opponents. However, a FT10 and beyond, it's hard to sustain, due to an attention span problem.

I guess I'll work on that.

Edited by iEmptyeyes
Strange. LOL.
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Do you guys have games you can't play just for fun? 

Then, it wouldn't be worth it for me. It's one thing to progress in something and should you do, you have a degree of interest for that game, making it fun. Only the person draws the line of fun, if being dominant for them is a life or death situation. To me and only to me, such a lust for win blinds that person into reaching their full potential.

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Yes and no. I can play everything “for fun” but realistically I’m trying to win every match. I can play characters I’m unfamiliar but other than that I don’t/can’t really turn off sweat mode in FGs. It’s hard for me to go easy on someone cause I just do certain things automatically.

So with that answer in mind I guess every FG lol. I tend not to play them with irl friends lol. I also don’t play FGs if I’m trying to relax unless it’s training mode. That’s one reason I like lab heavy games but that’s a separate issue.

Edited by Vhozite
24 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Because you take the game too seriously

Its all fun and games until somebody makes a sideways comments. I'm cool with chillin' but if somebody flaps their gums, that session is serious until the other person hates the game and never wants to touch it again.

I'm not saying its right, but if you gonna start talking shit we're gonna Decide the Destiny right then and there.

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Personally, no. I can have fun in every game I play seriously. If I don’t want to play randoms online in an FG, I can always lab combos in training mode, play arcade/time attack mode, or try to playing someone here.

Even in a game like Demon’s Souls, I can go to the Black Skeletons in 4-1/2 and just have fun dual uchigatana battles against them, or in Doom Eternal, just run-through the compaign again on Nightmare, and try to rush to the slayer gates.

Even when I was trying to speedrun in some games, I could have fun playing the base game, or at least try to find new shortcuts or modify my runs…

Truth be told, I don’t think I’d want to take a game seriously if I can’t also have fun in it, so I don’t think I’ve put myself in this situation before.

edit: actually, I could somewhat put Gran Turismo Sport on the list. Everytime I race, even against the AI, or do time trials, I take it seriously and don’t reap much fun out of it… There’s also a reason I deleted GT Sport off my PS5…

Edited by Mattatsu
45 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

No. Closest I've gotten is trying to speedrun something that's longer than 5 minutes. But I get so frustrated so quickly I drop the endeavor immediately.

I don't "git gud" so much as "git gud enuff". 

I love the idea of speedrunning but in practice I'm a lot like you in that sense. I've worked at speedrunning CV1 and SamShoVSp but even those I end up putting that down for awhile and sometimes coming back to it later. 

One genre I can't play for fun are pure action games like Bayonetta or DMC. I'm really bad at them and when I see myself finishing a stage and getting the worst possible rating I just feel like dropping it altogether and not touching it ever again. I used to be able to enjoy them despite being bad – getting hit, doing basic combos, eating five hundred healing items in a boss fight – but at some point in time I lost the ability to do so and have more or less stayed clear from that genre since. Will make an exception for Bayonetta 3 though, considering how much I enjoyed the first one.

Edited by delete_me

Update: 

I'll be getting back on a much more specific schedule in this next week. 

Online IT courses are back in play again. 

Had a bit of time to practice the metaphorical strongest woman in the world (Chun-Li) and her... more literal counterpart (Rose). 

Looking to test Kage now that I got some of his combos and whiff punishes down. 

Sagat is likely to become another candidate if I can find what he real applications are. In addition, I need to stud some high level footage of the big man. 

Got Metroid Dread and I am happy to say that I've gotten my money's worth (so far). 

I'll be looking for some games later in the following week. 

So I got bored and turned on SFXT today.

I always thought Cole (Sony exclusive character from Infamous) was hella odd and never really gave him much attention back then.

After playing around with him today, I actually found his toolset to be pretty cool. Unfortunately that character being a Sony exclusive means he would've never saw the light of day competitively no matter what.