Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Strive is now available on Pc so of course that means that DLC has possibly been datamined. Files were found for playable characters that do not match anyone else. Could be fake but here they are.

Spoiler

Last chance to turn back.

Spoiler

spacer.png

ASK (Asuka R. Kreutz/That Man)

COS (Happy Chaos)

GLD (Goldlewis Dickinson)

JAM (Jam  Kuradoberi)

JKO (Jack-O Valentine)

Edited by BornWinner
12 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Strive is now available on Pc so of course that means that DLC has possibly been datamined. Files were found for playable characters that do not match anyone else. Could be fake but here they are.

Hide contents

Last chance to turn back.

Hide contents

spacer.png

ASK (Asuka R. Kreutz/That Man)

COS (Happy Chaos)

GLD (Goldlewis Dickinson)

JAM (Jam  Kuradoberi)

JKO (Jack-O Valentine)

I'd be cool with this line-up for Shill Pass 1 tbh.

Should be very easy to confirm now that the PC version is out. I'll take a look when I have it downloaded.

@Voltposted the steam numbers for Strive and they're hitting MK numbers. 

It's dwarfing day juan numbers for T7 and SFV.

On the flip side of that, +R generated a lot of buzz on PC, so ASW did some legit "show me" marketing with that. 

I'd guess that the PS4+5 numbers are around the same or maybe a little higher, so you got 50k or so people playing GGS at any given time. 

THE FGC IS SAVED!

looks at the 100k people still playing TF2

uh... THE FGC ISN'T TOTALLY DEAD!! 

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Spoiling my response for purity:

Spoiler

ASW has said Char Pass 1 is 4 returning and 1 new char. Unless they were fucking with us that datamine put it at 3 new/2 returning. Or 2/3 if you're being really generous and saying that "existing char" means anyone in the story already so That Man would technically fall under that. I dunno though they could just be Boon'ing us.

If true that would be an interesting 5.

18 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Spoiling my response for purity:

Reveal hidden contents

ASW has said Char Pass 1 is 4 returning and 1 new char. Unless they were fucking with us that datamine put it at 3 new/2 returning. Or 2/3 if you're being really generous and saying that "existing char" means anyone in the story already so That Man would technically fall under that. I dunno though they could just be Boon'ing us.

If true that would be an interesting 5.

Spoiler

Looked at the interview to check and what they had said was they wanted to add at least one new character for the season which doesn’t not confirm this possible leak. I also looked back at the early release video and while they confirm that the first character will be new and the second will be returning, they don’t say anything about the other three so they could be all new or all returning. Who can say for sure?

In releated news, Daisuke drew a piece of art to celebrate Strive’s release to everything.

33 minutes ago, BornWinner said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Looked at the interview to check and what they had said was they wanted to add at least one new character for the season which doesn’t not confirm this possible leak. I also looked back at the early release video and while they confirm that the first character will be new and the second will be returning, they don’t say anything about the other three so they could be all new or all returning. Who can say for sure?

Spoiler off!

Spoiler

Yeah I thought I saw a graphic from one of the Backyards that was a little more explicit about the ratio but I totally could be inserting my own bias. Plus either way, we could be getting Boon'd.

I'm all for it honestly. I've said many a time that devs should throw in all kinds of junk folder names for chars just to throw dataminers off. I'd have a field day with it.

The cold hard reality is that Japan is weirdly backwards about this kind of thing (I'm assuming they just trust the honor of the players to not peek behind the curtain) so its probably legit. 

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

@GetTheTables  I’m reminded of that SFxT controversy where they left the fully complete DLC in because they didn’t think someone would make them playable.

That still sort of blows my mind to think about.

Or when the UMvC3 roster got leaked because they posted up a bunch of the character stuff to their website. They just didn't link to it so I guess they didn't think anyone could get to it. Then people started typing in character names and they....got to it. Using that 5th grade hacking tech. 😆

3 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

Or when the UMvC3 roster got leaked because they posted up a bunch of the character stuff to their website.

UMvC3 roster leak was the best thing that happened to that game. It completely changed how people looked forward to the game for the better. Instead of there being random disappointment, all convos were hypefests leading up to gameplay trailers.

Unsurprisingly none of the FG deva learned anything from it.

38 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

If someone calls me a "he" on Twitter I will make sure they get canceld.

My Gender is Panzerkampfwagen V Ausführung G and you better remember that!

My middle school would have gotten cancelled with the way things are to day. They "misgendered" me and another dude and put us in the girls home room class in 6th Grade. It was a honest mistake. We laughed about it for five minutes and moved on. Not in the 2020s. They'd of shut down the school, our parents would have sued, and probably got a fucking settlement out of it. I need a time machine, so I can go back to the 20 years and get away from this nonsense.

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

My middle school would have gotten cancelled with the way things are to day. They "misgendered" me and another dude and put us in the girls home room class in 6th Grade. It was a honest mistake. We laughed about it for five minutes and moved on. Not in the 2020s. They'd of shut down the school, our parents would have sued, and probably got a fucking settlement out of it. I need a time machine, so I can go back to the 20 years and get away from this nonsense.

Remember how back then we'd call each other "THE R-WORD" left and right and no one thought any less of anyone over it?  

Humanity's priority list is definitely upside down. We're killing off our planet at a very solid pace and the only thing that comes out of it are politicians saying they're going to reduce emissions by a laughably small amount over a laughably long time period, which is the equivalent of someone deciding to not drive for a day per year and increase that quota by one day on a yearly basis. On the other hand if someone forgets to put an "s" in front of "he", everyone's getting out the pitchforks for a week.

I know it's a bit apples and oranges but it seems like we keep making up new problems to distract from the real issues.

9 hours ago, delete_me said:

Humanity's priority list is definitely upside down. We're killing off our planet at a very solid pace and the only thing that comes out of it are politicians saying they're going to reduce emissions by a laughably small amount over a laughably long time period, which is the equivalent of someone deciding to not drive for a day per year and increase that quota by one day on a yearly basis. On the other hand if someone forgets to put an "s" in front of "he", everyone's getting out the pitchforks for a week.

I know it's a bit apples and oranges but it seems like we keep making up new problems to distract from the real issues.

We live in probably the best time to ever be alive. Compared to the problems people had even 100 years ago, ours are a day at the beach for the most part. But because humans need conflict and meaning to grow spiritually, we have to invent it if we don't have it. 

Also, bit of trivia: Ono did some of the sound design on the original Devil May cry game. 

Edited by DoctaMario

I wonder how Strive will affect SFV going forward, and how much Strive can maintain as well. Have we already or will we see the peak in the next week or so, or will we see growth for awhile and a real revival of FGs? It's been a looooong time since FGs were legit a major genre. It feels like everything else has gotten more moments to shine in the sun.

I haven't jumped on Strive but I might in the next couple of months. I just want to see if people are still playing it in 3 months.

2 hours ago, Serpent said:

I wonder how Strive will affect SFV going forward, and how much Strive can maintain as well. Have we already or will we see the peak in the next week or so, or will we see growth for awhile and a real revival of FGs? It's been a looooong time since FGs were legit a major genre. It feels like everything else has gotten more moments to shine in the sun.

I haven't jumped on Strive but I might in the next couple of months. I just want to see if people are still playing it in 3 months.

Strive didn't eclipse Tekken 7, so I'm assuming the players are coming from other anime fighters plus SFV.

I don't see myself returning to SFV. Maybe SF6 or Riot Fighter will interest me.

Gonna go find my old post on SRK where I explained that SF5 wasn't fun.

Although the contrast in attitude between game starts at a simple place: in Strive your character is as strong as he is going to be from beginning to end, sure meter gives you additional tools but its an universal one. You're gonna lose to the same tools the character had all the time.

SF5 on the other hand, does the polar opposite of this.

Personally, I have other reasons why SFV isn’t a lot of fun for me.

(put in spoiler because I don’t want to knock the game for everyone, but you can read my points if you want to) 

Spoiler

it feels sluggish, and I don’t mean in an input delay way, but movement. To me, it’s hard to escape pressure/momentum by movement alone, and forward movement feels slow to me as well.

the combat was made to be very tense, and I think it’s from a combination of push-back, frame data, and movement speed, but there’s likely more to it than that. Regardless, I don’t find it fun. I find it stressful. It does have highs, but more often than not that feels like being relieved instead of enjoying it. Note: this is more a general statement against randoms. I do have fun playing with you guys for the camaraderie, but playing ranked SFV routinely made me feel like crack addict.

I don’t like how damage is handled either. I understand it’s this way because of the bigger combos that are available, but the damage off single hits (like anti-airs, pokes, and fireballs) is too low in my opinion. It takes forever to win if you just want to chuck plasma and DP, yet you let them in 2-3 times and you’re dead… maybe even once if they have the resources and you guess wrong enough.

truly, I think 3S is the best SF game I have played (having barely played any of the alpha games, the other SF3 games, and SF4). Movement feels a lot more fluid, the combat is a lot less tense (with exception to dealing with Yun’s genei), and it’s not terribly hard to win off pokes and AAs alone. 3S definitely isn’t perfect  (I’m not a big fan of OS and air parries), and the matchmaking on 30A against randoms is atrocious, but it’s a really damn fun SF game. ST is very close behind it, but I swear there’s something going on in the code with the inputs that makes them inconsistent, and that drives me insane.

Edited by Mattatsu