Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2


Recommended Posts

Uni has been kicking my ass. Now I know there are 2 types of college students. Those without money, and those with money but they're saving it so they don't actually have money.

 

What can I complain about though? Life is hard, and that's how you know it's good. I just wish I had a decent way to play Street Fighter... 

 

My girlfriend is buying me this proprietary piece of tech soon for my drawing tablet, so I can get drawing again! Can't wait...

Edited by Dayaan
Link to comment

Watched that NA Top 8 replay to see if I can steal some Rose stuff. Turns out even pros get hit by those dumb 50:50s with Trigger 1 I do online.

 

No idea why Filipinoman uses Trigger II though. He got exactly one opportunity to properly do something with it for the entire of his tournament run and it was off an anti-air, so basically off a mistake his opponent made, not even a situation he enforced. Sometimes he just activates it in neutral to scare the opponent which is a complete waste of meter. It's such a bad Trigger and I'm baffled he doesn't see it. Flaquito got way more mileage out of Trigger 1 and even if he didn't get damage out of it he was still, for example, able to escape the corner with it.

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Unfortunately that character being a Sony exclusive means he would've never saw the light of day competitively no matter what.

NBD because no one was playing them anyway, but I always thought that the nerfs the Sony exclusive characters got was like the only big misstep of the 2013 patch.

 

I don't know much about Cole specifically, but I remember it definitely moved the other characters from barely relevant to novelty characters only.

Link to comment

Street Fighter X Tekken was just a comedy of errors. The gems, the on disc DLC, the box art showing a game mode that wasn't available on 360, the Capcom/Namco characters exclusive to PS3 despite not being Sony IP. I refused to buy it until I saw it for a deep discount on PC. Which still was a waste of money for me as I didn't like the game, Elena got moved to SFIV, and Elena wasn't SF3 Elena so it was fool's gold anyway.

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I know the guy that gets paid 50000 dollars for writing for Kotaku isn’t bitching about a guy who has been building an audience for more than a decade.

 

Max very much makes material for these casual people who like FGs and mostly want fuck all to do with the FGC and that's fine.

 

Hating on him for being successful at it is super corny though. Not really sure why anybody is giving Ian props for that tweet when he comes across as a jealous ass bitch.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

I know the guy that gets paid 50000 dollars for writing for Kotaku isn’t bitching about a guy who has been building an audience for more than a decade.

I can't tweet at work, because if I could I'd definitely bring that shit up. I'd literally say. "I'd expect this type of garbage take from someone that works at Kotaku." Sure Max nets a decent living off Twitch, but lets not pretend that all that money goes into his pocket. Uncle Sam and Cali is taking half that off top. He has employees that need to be paid and last I checked, business class internet aint cheap. Say what you will about Max, dude put in the work to get where he is. Meanwhile this dude works for Kraptaku. 

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

So I got bored and turned on SFXT today.

 

I always thought Cole (Sony exclusive character from Infamous) was hella odd and never really gave him much attention back then.

 

After playing around with him today, I actually found his toolset to be pretty cool. Unfortunately that character being a Sony exclusive means he would've never saw the light of day competitively no matter what.

SFxT? 

 

Damn. I used to play Jin/Ibuki back in the day... 

I need to look into the move lists of that game, specifically the normals of the Tekken characters. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

I knew this would happen with the twitch leaks. 

 

People hate that other people have money, always have, always will. 

 

MAX OWES ME CAUSE I GAVE HIM $5!!

Why'd you give him $5?

Cause he entertained me for dozens of hours over the last month.

...Sounds like y'all are even, then

BUT HE'S RICH SO FUCK HIM SSSHHHHHRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE-

 

Twitch streamers, even the wealthiest ones and they're not a lot anyway, are really the smallest of fries compared to actual obscenely rich people anyway.

Taking the "fuck the rich" rhetoric to them is misguided at best and maliciously jumping on the latest bandwagon at worst.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Sonero said:

Hating on him for being successful at it is super corny though. Not really sure why anybody is giving Ian props for that tweet when he comes across as a jealous ass bitch.

Because they are jealous ass bitches themselves.

 

Only broke bitches hate on people for making money, especially someone like Max who knows his lane, sticks to it and legit tries to help grow the FGC.

 

Mind you, Kotaku is the same clique of intellectually broke thots that put this out. Putting up the Reddit post talking about it because fuck actually giving clicks to KoWacku.

 

Edit: Turns out r/NintendoSwitch's mods are also bitches for taking down that post. The title is enough tho.
20 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Do it. I wanna see his reply.

block-example.png

 

Edited by Volt
Link to comment
8 hours ago, KingTubb said:

I knew this would happen with the twitch leaks. 

 

People hate that other people have money, always have, always will.

These leaks might cause a variety of things:

-Fans might contribute less, now that they are aware of the amount of money streamers have made.

-Drive more people to stream and make more competition against current streamers.

-Justifying a career revolving around content creation; there was an article last year about what grade school kids want as a career. A significant percentage of them want to be content creators, streamers etc so this info might ramp up more interest.

Edited by Jurassic
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Its weird to scream "eat the rich" at twitch streamers when Super Panama Papers Turbo dropped last week detailing what the actual rich are doing to hide assets and fuck people over.

 

But you know, not like Ian would know or understand any of that 

Yeah I’m all about eating the rich and sending all politicians to the guillotine, but that shit doesn’t not apply to fucking content creators on the internet lmao. 
 

In fact targeting them probably just benefits the actual uber wealthy by focusing attention away from them 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You know how it is fam, the older you get. The less of fuck you give 🤣

Can confirm.

 

There's downsides to that though. I spent some time this weekend watching Sora reaction videos just for the second-hand high. 😭

Edited by Pair of Rooks
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Yeah I’m all about eating the rich and sending all politicians to the guillotine, but that shit doesn’t not apply to fucking content creators on the internet lmao. 
 

In fact targeting them probably just benefits the actual uber wealthy by focusing attention away from them 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

At least they stopped bombing little brown children to divert people's attention I guess. Well, they still do that anyway, but the media isn't making that a patriotic thing to divert attention. 

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Sonero said:

Evo cancels.

 

Red Bull just go "Aight bet, WE PLAYING THOUGH"

 

 

 

Evo straight got cucked out of Vegas.

 

I don't think they're sure what to do with Evo at this point. It's wild that Red Bull is sponsoring so much of this stuff, they even do a speedcubing tournament a few times a year of all things. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't think they're sure what to do with Evo at this point.

 

Think Evo will still be Evo. If it weren't for the pandemic we'd see a similarishly big spectacle every summer. 

 

Pretty sure if things are possible, the next post pandemic Evo is going to be massive. Hopefully it doesn't end in Smash again. Or maybe it does. Who cares.

 

I wanna be able to give some insight but my hype for tournaments is at 0. Got no time to watch them, less time to play them, don't like the eSports presentation and I'd rather be playing.

Link to comment
46 minutes ago, Sonero said:

 

Think Evo will still be Evo. If it weren't for the pandemic we'd see a similarishly big spectacle every summer. 

 

Pretty sure if things are possible, the next post pandemic Evo is going to be massive. Hopefully it doesn't end in Smash again. Or maybe it does. Who cares.

 

I wanna be able to give some insight but my hype for tournaments is at 0. Got no time to watch them, less time to play them, don't like the eSports presentation and I'd rather be playing.

Yeah I'm at a point with a lot of games where I don't have enough time to be able to put in to really challenge the top dogs anymore but I still want to play, so I need to figure out where I fit, and these days, it ain't at tournaments. 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Yeah I'm at a point with a lot of games where I don't have enough time to be able to put in to really challenge the top dogs anymore but I still want to play, so I need to figure out where I fit, and these days, it ain't at tournaments. 

 

You're a casual player in the FGC. There's more of us than there are legitimate competitive players.

 

The problem is that everybody focused solely on the tournament aspect. Mind you, I still want get good but I could give a fuck about placing.

Link to comment
11 hours ago, Sonero said:

 

You're a casual player in the FGC. There's more of us than there are legitimate competitive players.

 

The problem is that everybody focused solely on the tournament aspect. Mind you, I still want get good but I could give a fuck about placing.

I used to compete though and I think that's the rub. I'm casual with most games but the ones I competed with, it's hard to change my mindset about. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select