Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

FGC Casual isn't reddit tier knuckle dragging. You're still gonna play to the best of your ability, you just aren't entering tournaments.  Just because you're playing as an enthusiast doesn't mean you don't take it seriously.

That's the part I've always hated about a lot of the people who been in the scene way before me but talked like they actually knew it. They didn't bother to really look at the playerbase properly. So hilariously enough FGC only meant you traveled to tournaments. Nah, you had a lot of players who would show up to weekly sessions, get their games in and go home happy. Some of those players are absolute killers too.

Do I wanna go to a tournament? No. Do I wanna keep gatekeeping people out of getting VIP in Strive? Sorry 'bout their damn luck.

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

Street Fighter was trending worldwide over that stupidity.

Don't interrupt people in the middle of a set, but if someone does, don't go bragging about being a rude jerk over it.  Even if the guy was at fault, it's proverbial spilled milk.  

I really like Rob's video. He broke down the situation well. He's right. Even if I have no ulterior motives, certain things I just don't approach women about unless I know them. That's not gym thing, that's in general. 

Edit: Also like Rob, I'm black dude. I've had people be scared of me for no damn reason going back when I was 14. I remember some white lady crossing the street and clutching her purse when she saw me. It took me a minute to register what happened. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Even if I have no ulterior motives, certain things I just don't approach women about unless I know them.

⏸️

You wouldn't approach women about the cool t-shirt they had on?

Where he did it was kinda silly, she presented it in a way that kinda made her look like an asshole but going up to somebody and saying cool shirt is like half the point of wearing a cool t-shirt.

I'm not digging too deep into the dog and pony show around that Tweet, but I get that women venting over random guys feeling like their interest in the woman is license to interrupt them in the middle of whatever is a thing.

Just pretty funny that this specific piece of random venting caught on and had a moment.  Yay Street Figher?

27 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Serious question...why are we talking about this? Like what caused us Darc to post that vid? I feel like I missed some context.

I just posted it because Rob had a realistic take on things. I saw a lot of commentary on the situation but few addressed the elephant in the room. There are double standards when it comes to dealing with a man versus dealing with a woman. 

Edit: @Sonero Nope. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I just posted it because Rob had a realistic take on things. I saw a lot of commentary on the situation but few addressed the elephant in the room. There are double standards when it comes to dealing with a man versus dealing with a woman. 

Yeah I get that but like why here in the Street Fighter thread? Idc about it being off topic or anything but y’all are talking like there is a SF link here. Did a SF make that vid or something?

Again I’m not complaining just confused 

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Yeah I get that but like why here in the Street Fighter thread? Idc about it being off topic or anything but y’all are talking like there is a SF link here. Did a SF make that vid or something?

Again I’m not complaining just confused 

Oooooohhhhh....I get it now. This whole thing popped off because of a woman wearing a Street Fighter T-Shirt. The discussion kicked off around her reaction to a dude asking "if she plays SF." while she was working out at the gym. I guess I could have stuck it in the Video Game Thread.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

The chick is in the FGC. Think she is NoGoodCitizen's girlfriend.

And since apparently there are no match ups to discuss and SF5 has been figured out, now dudes that don't work out gotta talk about the Gym stage and if it causes lag to people's social cue awareness.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

BRAH what?

Are we entering a new stage in life where just talking to a chick about her t-shirt is verboten?

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Oooooohhhhh....I get it now. This whole thing popped off because of a woman wearing Street Fighter T-Shirt. The discussion kicked off around her reaction to a dude asking "if she plays SF." while she was working out at the gym. I guess I could have stuck it in the Video Game Thread.

Oh ok I see now. It’s fine here I was just super lost lol. 

10 minutes ago, Sonero said:

BRAH what?

Are we entering a new stage in life where just talking to a chick about her t-shirt is verboten?

There is this whole thing on the internet with women not wanting to be approached at the gym, which I’m assuming is the issue being talked about in that vid. 

I’ll compliment anyone anywhere I don’t give a shit. If we are at the gym and a woman takes it the wrong way she can go fuck herself I guess lol.

Edit: I will never interrupt someone mid exercise for anything tho. Wait till they are resting to speak to them.

Edited by Vhozite
51 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I’ll compliment anyone anywhere I don’t give a shit. If we are at the gym and a woman takes it the wrong way she can go fuck herself I guess lol.

Edit: I will never interrupt someone mid exercise for anything tho. Wait till they are resting to speak to them.

Yeah that's basically the gist of it. It was a moment where the guy was kinda dumb but otherwise didn't do anything actually bad. She said no, he left her alone and then she went on with her workout.

She made it a twitter thing to get praise over telling some dude no. Then some broads are doing some space jam levels of reaching by treating it the same as being approached at night at 2 in the morning (no joke that was one of the twitter replies to the main person).

The whole thing is such a massive wet noodle none issue that its baffling it took hold. Only reason it did is becuase twitter is trash and you gotta use to it to bring non-tragedies into the world for clout.

22 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

@Mattatsugoing viral

Alex Valle and Sonicfox replied to Ed’s tweet and I’m getting a Twitter notification every minute for two days now. It’s super annoying lol, but I’ve since turned off my notifications and muted the conversation.

Cool that Ed responded to me though. I wasn’t expecting that. The tweet started off as somewhat of a shitpost, but then I decided to seriously add the MK9 bit in there because that would actually be hype as hell. That was my favourite NRS game so far but my PC can barely run it.

Edited by Mattatsu
6 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

but then I decided to seriously add the MK9 bit in there because that would actually be hype as hell. That was my favourite NRS game so far but my PC can barely run it.

Quite a few of the comments were positive towards the idea of a MK9 with rollback. They only need to fix that silly mechanic that if two attacks of the same force clash, 1P wins it. I heard Ultradavid mentioning it once.

4 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Quite a few of the comments were positive towards the idea of a MK9 with rollback. They only need to fix that silly mechanic that if two attacks of the same force clash, 1P wins it. I heard Ultradavid mentioning it once.

Yeah, MK9 had a few bugs/glitches that would need to be addressed, with P1 advantage being one of the bigger ones.

Also, this isn’t really anything new. Last year, a few months into the pandemic (I think it was around August 2020) Boon tweeted about it being a good time to add rollback to MK9. I was just reminding him lol.

And finally (and you probably know this), but Boon is a massive troll so don’t expect anything

12 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Alex Valle and Sonicfox replied to Ed’s tweet and I’m getting a Twitter notification every minute for two days now. It’s super annoying lol, but I’ve since turned off my notifications and muted the conversation.

Cool that Ed responded to me though. I wasn’t expecting that. The tweet started off as somewhat of a shitpost, but then I decided to seriously add the MK9 bit in there because that would actually be hype as hell. That was my favourite NRS game so far but my PC can barely run it.

So basically you are Cyclops and your tweet is Wolverine? 😉

F7C680EE-39E1-42CC-ADF8-4C86D84D6C80.thu

Edited by Darc_Requiem
41 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Steam recently put a ban on NFT and Blockchain games on the platform. Hopefully that will slow things down

That's good it kinda rampant in the mobile scene here. This kind of play2earn games are scamming people here doing all of a sudden rug pulls. And they don't understand what makes a scam scam as long someone did a previous earning. It's kinda complex version of ponzi in structure.

People go as far as assuming one of their game currency would be the next Bitcoin or would be like those real trading collectible when it can't be. It was marketed as a longterm investment lol. I can't believe people here still fall into this.

It's hard to argue and educate people here. I was spending debating online and on youtube comments in a local channel that single handedly pointing red flags and loopholes. While shitty local influencers here promotes scams. I'm kinda ashamed for how gullible my some of my fellow countrymen are.

Edited by Shakunetsu
4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

That's good it kinda rampant in the mobile scene here. This kind of play2earn games are scamming people here doing all of a sudden rug pulls. And they don't understand what makes a scam scam as long someone did a previous earning. It's kinda complex version of ponzi in structure.

People go as far as assuming one of their game currency would be the next Bitcoin or would be like those real trading collectible when it can't be. It was marketed as a longterm investment lol. I can't believe people here still fall into this.

It's hard to argue and educate people here. I was spending debating online and on youtube comments in a local channel that single handedly pointing red flags and loopholes. While shitty local influencers here promotes scams. I'm kinda ashamed for how gullible my some of my fellow countrymen are.

I wasn't aware of these games existing in the mobile market. I didn't know that phones had the horsepower to to Blockchain and mine

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

wasn't aware of these games existing in the mobile market. I didn't know that phones had the horsepower to to Blockchain and mine

It's more of a NFTgames that is marketed as play2earn with a very terrible gameplay with a complex like ponzi structure. The game is only appealing to those that want to profit and people here are spreading misinformation and confusion of how the blockchain and how NFT works to lure more people.

People here believe that their NFT gaming asset can be carried outside even if the game is discontinued. They confuse the blockchain to a cloud like server instead of a database. And if they are corrected they dismissed correction to misinformation like people are just fud or whatsoever.

21 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Corn on pizza, is that a joke?  🤢

Yes, a corny one. 

3 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

That is mindblowing. 🤣

Imagine falling into the gacha hell version of this:

I have I have like 180k fight money or something like that. I don't play SFV at all but I'm thinking I should just get Luke, maybe a costume or something. There's no new chars or anything on this game right? I have just the base 8. I was thinking also maybe either getting Juri or Zeku. 

27 minutes ago, Serpent said:

I have I have like 180k fight money or something like that. I don't play SFV at all but I'm thinking I should just get Luke, maybe a costume or something. There's no new chars or anything on this game right? I have just the base 8. I was thinking also maybe either getting Juri or Zeku. 

You have no shortage of characters to pick from tbh.

It's possible to get 20k with whatever character you pick first too, so that means that maybe you can get 2 characters instead of wack costumes.

Pick someone you'd probably roll with in case you ever feel like playing that game, I guess.

4 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

Its been a while since I reminded yall but T.Hawk is the best and never forget it

The guy is under appreciated. I like his story and his not another clone character. Thawk deserves more love to SF Fans.

To be honest what makes Feilong cool is because of Bruce Lee and the Rekka, but Thawk is much better storywise and gameplay.

I hope proper closure for the guy in the shadaloo sage even they don't want him back.