Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

55 minutes ago, Serpent said:

110% cosign. You can just spaz out on offense in V, super dumb and predictable offense that there is virtually no real counter to.

But I guess that's just what the FGC is today, adapt or die. I think I've seen it referred to as dial a fighter. Just mash out those normals in sequence. People seem to really like and support this style though, so who am I to criticize it. Frame data was always useful but the SFV approach makes it pretty much the only thing that matters. It's like studying a really lame textbook, rote memorization and restricted scenarios. No real room for creativity or forcing lots of scramble situations. Which is what I believe the heart of FGs is. I'm 100% certain you can just program an AI for SFV easily. 

1) You can learn and adapt to all of the offense in SF5. Whether people are wiling to do the work to learn it is a different issue. There were random things I found for my character that "top" people playing it know fuck all about. Seriously a lot of people are just lazy with training mode.

2) You can program an AI for most games. SF4 had the silliest AI with a ken taht would DP people if a normal came close to him. So SF4 had an easily programed AI.

9 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Sounds like the kind of patent that gets patented and then never used because it's just obviously retarded.

Either that, or Sony is planning to murder its own esport efforts and turn the tournies it bought into stuff that absolutely no serious player will ever want to go to and no one will want to watch except for the shitshow.

On 10/21/2021 at 3:37 PM, Shakunetsu said:

The rolling tech is pretty new and Cheez is doing some pretty incredible things with it. I'm generally a DAS player but playing on my Hitbox lets me do hypertapping tech pretty effortlessly, but DAS is probably the most execution heavy style of play given all the charging you need to do. It's like playing Guile in a sense lol

It's wild to me though that new stuff is still being discovered and evolved in a 30 year old game like this though.  

Edited by DoctaMario

speaking of KI, there's a rumor that a new installment is already in development

The report comes via Shpeshal_Nick on the XboxEra podcast, who claims to have insider information on the project's existence.

"What I've been told is that yes, Killer Instinct is in active development," said Nick on the most recent podcast. "It's not just 'coming back.' It's in active development at the moment."

He states he first heard rumblings about KI not being dead last year, but didn't want to say anything at the time because he needed more direct confirmation before putting the name out there in the public space.

As for who is developing the alleged fighting game, Nick doesn't know and is actively trying to find that out though he says he's pretty sure it's not Iron Galaxy, who took over development after Double Helix's Amazon acquisition.

"For anyone asking me, I don't know the studio," said Nick. "I haven't been told. I'm legitimately trying to find out the studio because I'm pretty I'm pretty sure it's not Iron Galaxy."

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/oct/18/killer-instinct-rumor-development/

2 hours ago, FengShuiEnergy said:

Also if melty blood came back then bloody roar needs to too.

While I would love a new Bloody Roar, I'd hate the metric ton of furries it'd drop on the scene. It's already weird with all the smashers who jumped on strive.

That'd be like one of the Egyptian plagues descending on us.

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

While I would love a new Bloody Roar, I'd hate the metric ton of furries it'd drop on the scene. It's already weird with all the smashers who jumped on strive.

That'd be like one of the Egyptian plagues descending on us.

Fair but....if a new BR means possibly more furries then I'll bite the bullet and take the new installment.

Edited by FengShuiEnergy