Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Just now, elliephil said:

A marvel game without vertical scroll would make it too honest and that's just not the mahvel way lol

yeah it make sense in power ranger but even in the lore and world building it doesn't make sense to lose it in mahvel. i know it's usability reasons but the gameplay experience of exaggerated vertical scroll is essential and part of the mahvel experience and even dbfz that make it fun.

4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

yeah it make sense in power ranger but even in the lore and world building it doesn't make sense to lose it in mahvel. i know it's usability reasons but the gameplay experience of exaggerated vertical scroll is essential and part of the mahvel experience and even dbfz that make it fun.

Imagining Storm going haw haw haw at like shoulder height of a sentinel lololol

Good grief the way you guys describe kof I'm glad I avoid the whole damn franchise. Overlapping inputs and input delay? Holding down buttons for inputs consistency? Sounds like the worst of SFV and Smash put together. Put together with those extremely Japanese designs and/or 90s designs and it's like a master class in what not to do.

Is the netcode at least good? Finally?

Edited by Pair of Rooks
1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Overlapping inputs and input delay? Holding down buttons for inputs consistency?

The input delay and holding down buttons thing was specifically in the older titles. I can't really speak on many other titles besides the one's I played, but I really doubt they would release KOF15 with the input delay lol. Now the overlapping inputs... idk lol

11 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Good grief the way you guys describe kof I'm glad I avoid the whole damn franchise. Overlapping inputs and input delay? Holding down buttons for inputs consistency? Sounds like the worst of SFV and Smash put together. Put together with those extremely Japanese designs and/or 90s designs and it's like a master class in what not to do.

Is the netcode at least good? Finally?

It's kind of a give and take. For everything that seems more old-school and difficult in KOF, there are other things that are much easier. In fact, I think basic stuff in, on the whole, much easier in KOF.

Plus, it has a run and not those stupid SF hop dashes, which is worth a few points in my book.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

A tag game with assists and no motions? Yikes.  Not a fan of the direction of this....

It'll be a Fantasy Strike that looks good, has high and low attacks and assists.

It's pretty neat as an idea. I'm not sure I'm ready to discount it as inherently bad though. But I like those types of games so we'll see. It'll be some time before they do any type of beta for it.

As long as they don't go the full dumb ass route of making infinite and ToD hell like that shitty ass Power Rangers game, we'll be good.

17 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

They are using the same network tech used in Valorant. I haven't played that game but it's built to be played online.

From what they said in the video, my understanding is that they're using Valorant's network routing (which should be a good thing).  But the video also said that the effects of lag or dropped packets would only be felt by the player with the worse connection.

Which is fair in a "that's life" sense, but not so fair in the sense of determining the better player.

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

But the video also said that the effects of lag or dropped packets would only be felt by the player with the worse connection.

I read that as "screw you, wifi warriors" but in a polished corporate way. 

As for motionless inputs, Strive has taught me I'll play just about anything with great netcode and a big playerbase, with matchups to solve. I'm super flexible on system mechanics.

I mean, even as good as a qcf feels to do it's not like I get worse if it's missing.