Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

honestly, is there any character that they could put in smash at this point that wouldn't result in a bunch of complaints? 

They could do Crash Bandicoot. If its female they could kinda do Lara Croft (but they probably don't want a lot of guns in the game). Sakurai hasn't put bomberman in so he can go suck the fattest dick ever.

Although, the X series started in SNES. If he really wanted to salt the ever living life out of smashers....he should put Zero in. That always works out and is never broken. 👀

15 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

honestly, is there any character that they could put in smash at this point that wouldn't result in a bunch of complaints? 

Probably a character from Undertale. I remember some of them being hyped for the Sans mii fighter costume. There also an unusual demand for Doomslayer. Like anyone who plays Smash can handle Doom.

10 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Sakurai hasn't put bomberman in so he can go suck the fattest dick ever.

He's in the game as an assist.

9 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

You can handle the arthritis inducing movement a regular match has and decide to complain about a simple QCF?

That's probably the funniest part about it. Have to do weird things to access certain normals in the air because of how the game is designed.  If you play melee, you gotta hit 4 different inputs to dash forward.

It has to do with being able to do normals and special moves. Its also sort of why League of Legends is "easier" to get started on moving your character but its a way more complicated game than a lot of stuff. That initial dexterity barrier of entry is seen as insurmountable to a lot of people.

34 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The only Disney character smashers want is Sora. 

And? It isn't the modern FGC/Evo Staff making Smash. Its Sakurai. If there is one person who doesn't give as hit what Smashers want its him.

They can go cry to the Cannons and see if that gets them  Sora. Only thing they are getting from Sakurai its his Long Dick Style.

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Short answer: no

Long answer: With all the franchises Smash has represented as of late, it has has also acquired many different fanbases that try to decide what is the perfect character and will make it their mission to dislike whoever doesn’t fit to their standards. Lets look at Ultimate’s DLC for an example. 

Spoiler

Joker: Anime swordsman, too mature, hasn’t been on a Nintendo console (untrue with the SMT series always having been on Nintendo as well as Persona Q 2 being on 3DS).

Hero: Anime, “What the hell is a Dragon Quest?”, RNG mechanics, we just got an RPG character with Joker, Persona’s better.

Banjo & Kazooie: Too cartoony, too kiddy, owned by Microsoft, irrelevant, boomer character.

Terry: “Ken with a Hat”, “Buff Pokémon trainer”, inputs, no one knows what Fatal Fury is, another shoto.

Byleth: “Fire Emblem has too many characters”, blue haired anime swordsman, too new, Nintendo character (Yes, people complain that DLC is someone from Nintendo in a game from Nintendo), did I mention Fire Emblem?

Min Min: Too new, already in via spirit, not the main character, ‘Arms was not successful’, Nintendo character.

Steve: Not a real character, the creator is transphobic which makes Sakurai transphobic for putting him in, “Not even Sakurai wanted him” (Not true, he was surprised he could put him in) owned by Microsoft, too kiddy.

Sephiroth: Anime swordsman, boomer character, advertisement for FF7 Remake, ‘Why is the only representation for Final Fantasy is FF7?’.

Pyra/Mythra: Made for horny weebs (this is the major discourse with this character), too new, already in via spirit, ‘Why does Xenoblade have another character in?’, ‘Xenoblade 1 is better.’, Nintendo character.

As you can see there is no character they won’t complain about because there will always be a reason. With the character after Kazuya being the supposed last DLC for the game, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone were to actually die from the announcement.

Edited by BornWinner
1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

With the character after Kazuya being the supposed last DLC for the game

Honestly I dont know how many more characters they could ask for. Freaking game has upwards of 80 characters. Including mirrors that's an incredibly large number of match ups.   They could turn this into a MOBA and it'd have a completely healthy number of characters. Dota 2 has 119 heroes, LoL has 140.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens with Project L long term. If they don't slow that ish down, you could end up with a 60 character roster that makes learning match ups look like gibberish.

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

The character:

• couldn't have a sword
  • couldn't be a fighting game character
  • has to be sexy for the hornies, but toned down enough for the SJWs
  • Has to be universally recognizable
  • can't be from a franchise that already has more than two representatives
  • Can't be too weird (RIP tetris block) 
  • Can't be too generic 

Smash fans don't deserved Sakurai. Dude damn near works himself to death on the game and the act like are getting some subpar EA product. Fuck em. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. Oh its just some fans. Nah, most Smash fans are assholes. In the internet age, I shouldn't be able to count the Smash fans I've run into that are NOT dicks on one hand. Their community is filled with equal opportunity molesters. You have guys harrassing girls. Girls harrassing boys. Guys harrassing guys etc. Give em' both barrels  @Sonero. We don't agree on everything but I'll ride with you on this one.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
45 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Project L

Strive sorta killed it for me. 

I was really only looking forward to it cause I knew the netcode would be really good. 

But strive's done that in a package that I like more anyway... 

The only thing that'll rope me into Project L is if it's FTP. 

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Oh its just some fans. Nah, most Smash fans are assholes.

I'd just add the caveat of "competitive Smash players" or at least people that think they're better than the "casuals"

Cause I'm a smash fan. I'll always buy the new smash brothers game if I can. I love playing it with some homies, my nephew, etc etc. 

But the vast majority of people that really care about the competitive scene of smash seem to be some mix of this guy:

And this legend:

27 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@KingTubbYou combined with @Akhosmakes two. Just four more Smash fans and I'll need two hands to count the Smash fans I know that aren't pricks. Anyone else? Enough people here to make start counting on my toes too? 🤔

In all fairness, I don't follow the game and don't enjoy watching high level smash at all lol. 

Gimme 4-8 people playing at once, all the items, and like 4-6 beers in my system and that game is a masterpiece.

I usually just play ness and PK thunder myself at people the whole time. 

Edited by KingTubb
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Just four more Smash fans and I'll need two hands to count the Smash fans I know that aren't pricks.

I love the series. Its a GOAT multiplayer game. Put that on and 4 people are gonna see a bunch of hilariously ridiculous stuff happen. Remotely tryhard the game at any point, and it loses its shining quickly.

Funny enough a similar thing then happened to M:TG. A group of guys came up with a format to be entirely casual. Then people took it made it more tryhardy than anything that happens at high level competitive M:TG. Which is amazing because a lot of high level M:TG (or I should say the levle right below it) is populated with some of the most insufferable cunts I've ever imagined.

I just got Strive. I’m new to the GG series and I’m looking for a character to main. Since many people here

seem to be very knowledgeable about the series, I refer to you for some input when it comes to choosing my main.

I kind of know what I want out of the game. After years of playing fighting games, growing older (and hopefully wiser, unlikely though)

I don’t really care about tiers anymore, or my online win rate, or whether I can pull off the newest, fanciest combos.  

After some self-reflection, I figured out why I really play fighting games, and why I have been partaking in the FGC for so long.

…And that is to play so infuriatingly and annoyingly that my opponents are sent into rage-induced seizures and dragged

away in a straitjacket kicking and screaming, but not before smashing their sticks with their foreheads and chucking their

monitors out of the window while frothing at the mouth and hysterically yelling “I BET IT’S THAT FUCKING BLANKA PLAYER!!”

In short, if I get ‘ggs’ instead of ragequits, I’m playing the wrong character. Who would be the best character

for me in Strive? Before you suggest May, I’m not going to play her. It’s not that I don’t like the cutesy, adorable

archetype - or else I wouldn’t be playing Blanka, after all – but I just don’t like her playing style. I’m looking for a hard

zoner or a hit ‘n run type of character. Any suggestions for a complete GG beginner?

20 minutes ago, Volta said:

I just got Strive. I’m new to the GG series and I’m looking for a character to main. Since many people here

seem to be very knowledgeable about the series, I refer to you for some input when it comes to choosing my main.

I kind of know what I want out of the game. After years of playing fighting games, growing older (and hopefully wiser, unlikely though)

I don’t really care about tiers anymore, or my online win rate, or whether I can pull off the newest, fanciest combos.  

After some self-reflection, I figured out why I really play fighting games, and why I have been partaking in the FGC for so long.

…And that is to play so infuriatingly and annoyingly that my opponents are sent into rage-induced seizures and dragged

away in a straitjacket kicking and screaming, but not before smashing their sticks with their foreheads and chucking their

monitors out of the window while frothing at the mouth and hysterically yelling “I BET IT’S THAT FUCKING BLANKA PLAYER!!”

In short, if I get ‘ggs’ instead of ragequits, I’m playing the wrong character. Who would be the best character

for me in Strive? Before you suggest May, I’m not going to play her. It’s not that I don’t like the cutesy, adorable

archetype - or else I wouldn’t be playing Blanka, after all – but I just don’t like her playing style. I’m looking for a hard

zoner or a hit ‘n run type of character. Any suggestions for a complete GG beginner?

So you wanna play like an ignorant inbred.

Pick May then Sol.

1 hour ago, Volta said:

I would suggest Axl. He’s pretty much the game’s only zoner and benefits from being full screen. Doesn’t have many combos but you can just annoy  a guy with just buttons. He also has special moves  that put someone at the other end and a full screen command grab that hits people from behind.

Edited by BornWinner
43 minutes ago, Volta said:

Ramlethal is a mid-range character that can zone with long normals and her specialty is pressuring people to death once she manages to drive them into the corner, she's also top tier and complained about so she can cover the ragequit thing.

Otherwise Faust is not a top tier but is a weirdo character with even longer normals and uses random items as a main mechanics, which might be good to make unfamiliar opponents feel confused and annoyed, like Blanka does.

4 hours ago, Volt said:

sweaty weirdo that hates playing Mario Kart with items

No, you're on the right path. At the VERY LEAST least no catch-up item bias for those at the back - three coins or one coin or whatever for being in 1st place can fucking do one.

Edited by JustBrowsing
34 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I would suggest Axl. He’s pretty much the game’s only zoned and benefits from being full screen. Doesn’t have many combos but you can just annoy  a guy with just buttons. He also has special moves  that put someone at the other end and a full screen command grab that hits people from behind.

I think you might be on to something. I just gave him a try, and he kind of gives me ST Dhalsim vibes. I really like that he has mix-up options from afar, like the unblockable command grab you mentioned and the projectile follow ups.

He may not have green skin or even orange hair, but I think I can look past that. Time to hit the lab.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

LMAO, where are those hot takes from?

They're right but I also wanna know where they are from.

👺

StackBradford. Ultimate Grandmaster Akuma streamer.

Holeee up. They're right?

Make no mistake. If I learned Akuma, I'd be opening all types of fools up. I just can't vibe with him in this version.

Edited by Doctrine_Dark
9 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

StackBradford

Okay who that?

9 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Ultimate Grandmaster Akuma streamer.

LMAO imaging taking SF5 Akuma players seriously.

I thought it'd be somebody playing a respectable character. Not a guy who needs a character with 50 billion tools just to hold his dick to pee.

Edit: Found the start of the match. Should start a little bit after this:

Honestly I don't know why he'd get so heated as to say that. The one thing I really like about is how tight of a player you are. You aren't trying to take unnecessary risks with anything. I could go in on the mans for his cuckery but I'll keep it respectful.

Edited by Sonero

"I'm not trying to hate on this guy but there's no neutral. There's close pressure and far pressure."

Bro what? How did this guy get that high up on the ranks? I don't even think he is venting either. He legit sounds like he believes this. First round of the first game, throws a red fireball, gets EX arrowed for it. "Bro wtf, Cammy is so good"

Guy, why would you throw a fireball there? Then he does it again in the 3rd round and makes a pikachu face.  He gotta be a 16er, right?

Edit: This dude is going extra hard now too. Now he is mad that you don't just play like an idiot and go ham until you miss a hit confirm and die. I swear I'm getting dumber by the minute listening to this.

Edit 2: "She's like Akuma if he didn't have any overlapping tools. What is the worst that you could get on accident?" This broad has 3 special moves on the ground. 2 of them get you blasted for 300+ damage if you doing them on accident. The other one is just for trolling.  This is a level of pressed not seen since Deebo was stealing chains in Friday.

Edited by Sonero
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Okay who that?

LMAO imaging taking SF5 Akuma players seriously.

I thought it'd be somebody playing a respectable character. Not a guy who needs a character with 50 billion tools just to hold his dick to pee.

Edit: Found the start of the match. Should start a little bit after this:

Honestly I don't know why he'd get so heated as to say that. The one thing I really like about is how tight of a player you are. You aren't trying to take unnecessary risks with anything. I could go in on the mans for his cuckery but I'll keep it respectful.

Thanks fam. Honestly, Stack tends to talk shyt about everyone. It might seem like he hates Cammy more than anyone, but he's had some pretty hilarious meltdowns losing to Urien , Laura, and many other characters. Stack would even go on these rants in previous seasons when Akuma was better. I understand that SFV can make you salty, so I never take his rants personally. Sometimes he makes it seem like Akuma is Dan tier.

7 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

It might seem like he hates Cammy more than anyone, but he's had some pretty hilarious meltdowns losing to Urien , Laura, and many other characters.

I get that with Urien and Laura. They do dumb swingy stuff SF5 is trash as a game for doing.  Cammy pops v-triggers to go back into doing the same shit she did at 95 seconds. The funniest part is that he put in his bio that he'll charge for coaching.

Broooooooooooooooo, look at these prices:

"Current Rates
2 hours is 70$. This may be done solo or with a friend!
Three 2 hour session packages are $180. Save 30$!
Five 2 hour session packages are 300$. Save 50$!
Discount rates for pledges on patreon can be found here: https://patreon.com/stackbradford"

This guy is out there charging 35 an hour and doesn't know the Cammy match up?  Maybe he could, I don't know, close the range and throw fireballs from places where its hard to react. He can have that advice for free. The way you deal with some of the anti fireball stuff is to limit the amount of frames they have to react. Hell half the point of the nerf on Cammy's EX arrow is so that she has to hold meaty fireballs and other such things. Overall he just showed how uncomfortable he was trying to play footsies with her.

Watched a little bit of this. He fights an Ed player shortly after. Gotta be quiet because he is at Grand Master so you know, its serious. Say something like "maybe the guy got better". Round starts, he throws a fireball , Ed player commits to a jump in. He eats the combo and goes "yeah this guy got way better". Bro what now? A second later the Ed player does a standing roundhouse point blank.

I guess its Twitch. If people would watch this clown, people will watch anything.

Now this guy is complaining about Ed.  Talkin' bout he gotta hope he doesn't do up v-skill. Fam, Ed has more anti airs than he knows what to do with. This guy used none of them.

"Ed lets you get away with some stuff"

Ed player did none of the good things that are actually annoying.

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Is there any SF game ever where you don't get rekt throwing a fireball too close to Cammy?

Its backwards in SF5. At least for Ryu, point blank hadou is -6. So you obviously don't wanna do that to her or you'll eat a fierce to the face. Her EX Spiral Arrow is projectile invinsible (used to be on frame one because Capcom was high on Jenkem, now its on frame 4). It isn't that you can't throw fireballs anymore, but you have to put your thinking cap on.

You end up being a the weird best effective range of fireballs in SF5. You have to be almost uncomfortably close. The funny thing is that for Akuma that range is where his regular hadou knocks down. Ryu gets to just blast you in the face for a little bit, Akuma puts you on your back with his regular fireball because reasons.

But he didn't really pressure Doctrine in any meaningful way. Doc has really good reactions, Doctrine is also really paying attention to his matches. If you do something punishable, he has played enough games to be on point for it. You're better off assuming you got away with one rather than thinking he can't. Although in this situation its irrelevant because CuckBradford didn't do much of that. He threw two hella bad fireballs and went "Look, You can't do anything against Cammy".

The guy complained that Cammy is so good that Doctrine missed a bunch of confirms from cr.mk and still won. Like...you gonna go on stream and complained you lost to getting poked to death, my guy? That's the hill we're gonna die on when you have tools to fight with? 

Also @Doctrine_Dark I was just trolling that "They're right" joke. This guy out here getting good connections to people and crying about it. Meanwhile I have to play gatekeeper to South Wifimerica. SMH.

Edited by Sonero
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Is there any SF game ever where you don't get rekt throwing a fireball too close to Cammy? How do you get that high up and now know that? 

Then again, this IS an Akuma player were talking about

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Super Turbo you can do that.

But after that Cammy has always been at the very least really solid.

Heck Cammy is rated as one of the better Mid Tiers in ST by now, thats quiet a climb she got there.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Now this guy is complaining about Ed.  Talkin' bout he gotta hope he doesn't do up v-skill. Fam, Ed has more anti airs than he knows what to do with. This guy used none of them.

"Ed lets you get away with some stuff"

Ed player did none of the good things that are actually annoying.

Its backwards in SF5. At least for Ryu, point blank hadou is -6. So you obviously don't wanna do that to her or you'll eat a fierce to the face. Her EX Spiral Arrow is projectile invinsible (used to be on frame one because Capcom was high on Jenkem, now its on frame 4). It isn't that you can't throw fireballs anymore, but you have to put your thinking cap on.

You end up being a the weird best effective range of fireballs in SF5. You have to be almost uncomfortably close. The funny thing is that for Akuma that range is where his regular hadou knocks down. Ryu gets to just blast you in the face for a little bit, Akuma puts you on your back with his regular fireball because reasons.

But he didn't really pressure Doctrine in any meaningful way. Doc has really good reactions, Doctrine is also really paying attention to his matches. If you do something punishable, he has played enough games to be on point for it. You're better off assuming you got away with one rather than thinking he can't. Although in this situation its irrelevant because CuckBradford didn't do much of that. He threw two hella bad fireballs and went "Look, You can't do anything against Cammy".

The guy complained that Cammy is so good that Doctrine missed a bunch of confirms from cr.mk and still won. Like...you gonna go on stream and complained you lost to getting poked to death, my guy? That's the hill we're gonna die on when you have tools to fight with? 

Also @Doctrine_Dark I was just trolling that "They're right" joke. This guy out here getting good connections to people and crying about it. Meanwhile I have to play gatekeeper to South Wifimerica. SMH.

Bruh, I've known you long enough to know when you're talking shyt. You're the ultimate shyt talker.

But us Scammy players still be wondering in the back of our minds sometimes, you know.....

You see how Stack basically hates everything. I've even seen him complaining about the Akuma mirror.

Edited by Doctrine_Dark
38 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

But us Scammy players still be wondering in the back of our minds sometimes, you know.....

You think Urien players question themselves? They just EX tackle, then EX headbutt, activate VT1, get 4 mix ups out if and then scream that you got outplayed.

Jesus couldn't get these people to have any shame so you shouldn't either.

👺👺👺

Hello everyone, Maravilla here, don't know if anyone remembers me, I used to post sometimes in the shoryuken forums but haven't posted there since the start of the pandemic over a year ago. Anyways busy with stuff. How's everyone? I've been out of the fgc world since then and have no idea what's happened since I left. When I left SFV and Tekken were the two most popular fighters, Idom was the best player, a new gg was going to come out and Seth was just released for sfv. So I have a couple of questions if anyone wants to answer them for me. 

1) why did you guys leave shoryuken forums?

2) what characters came out after seth in SFV? 

3) has there been any Evo's or capcom cups since the pandemic started? 

4) who's the best SFV players currently? 

5) when is sf 6 coming out?