Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

13 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

1) why did you guys leave shoryuken forums?

2) what characters came out after seth in SFV? 

3) has there been any Evo's or capcom cups since the pandemic started? 

4) who's the best SFV players currently? 

5) when is sf 6 coming out? 

1)  Doesn't matter why we left, SRK forums are officially dead now that Sony bought them and has kept them locked for months

2)  Rose and Dan

3)  Not real ones.  Capcom Cup branded online tournaments by region.  Evo online (now a Sony product) coming soon.

4) Idom.  (Well, maybe anyway.  It's still mostly the usual suspects (Tokido, Punk, etc, etc)).

5) Maybe 2023, but no one really knows.  Probably not even Capcom.

Edited by Reticently
8 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Preppy insulted Pertho's mother who was dying of cancer by comparing her death to SRK losing users. He quit without explaining why, then his mother died after which Preppy messaged him again. Pertho made it public that some foul stuff was said to him, ask d3v to ensure the person would leave him alone. d3v was in the PM conversation where Preppy said his nonsense and did nothing. End result was that d3v banned Pertho, claiming Pertho was in the wrong. Then Preppy came out pretending to be the victim, released all the PMs and exposed himself as a liar and d3v as a coward. After that things went crazy.

Then d3v deleted the GD Lounge thread where everything unfolded to hide the receipts.

10 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

So far Dan, then Rose. Upcoming are Oro, Akira from Rival Schools and then a third random character.

11 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Evo tried to do an online tournament. Before it happened, it was revealed that MrWizard would do weird stuff when he worked at Sugar Hill Golf Land. He also bet a teenage kid 20 dollars that he wouldn't show him his weiner. Then the kid he bet the 20 dollars against turned out to be a rapist.

12 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

StuckBradford

12 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Probably in a year or two.

7 minutes ago, Reticently said:

1)  Doesn't matter why we left, SRK forums are officially dead now that Sony bought them and has kept them locked for months

2)  Rose and Dan

3)  Not real ones.  Capcom Cup branded online tournaments by region.  Evo online (now a Sony product) coming soon.

4) Idom.  (Well, maybe anyway.  It's still mostly the usual suspects (Tokido, Punk, etc, etc)).

5) Maybe 2023, but no one really knows.  Probably not even Capcom.

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Preppy insulted Pertho's mother who was dying of cancer by comparing her death to SRK losing users. He quit without explaining why, then his mother died after which Preppy messaged him again. Pertho made it public that some foul stuff was said to him, ask d3v to ensure the person would leave him alone. d3v was in the PM conversation where Preppy said his nonsense and did nothing. End result was that d3v banned Pertho, claiming Pertho was in the wrong. Then Preppy came out pretending to be the victim, released all the PMs and exposed himself as a liar and d3v as a coward. After that things went crazy.

Then d3v deleted the GD Lounge thread where everything unfolded to hide the receipts.

So far Dan, then Rose. Upcoming are Oro, Akira from Rival Schools and then a third random character.

Evo tried to do an online tournament. Before it happened, it was revealed that MrWizard would do weird stuff when he worked at Sugar Hill Golf Land. He also bet a teenage kid 20 dollars that he wouldn't show him his weiner. Then the kid he bet the 20 dollars against turned out to be a rapist.

StuckBradford

Probably in a year or two.

Thanks guys. That's a lot  of drama. In the end we will all get what we deserve. I've seen some people that I remember from shoryuken but some that used to post there I haven't seen. Whatever happened to plusframes?bealank?flyingve?akhos? That guy that went by rooflemonger on YouTube? And more that I'm missing. 

1 minute ago, Maravilla said:

Whatever happened to plusframes?bealank?flyingve?akhos?

PlusFrames is still here.

BeaIank is a minor eSports person in Brazil now.

FlyingVe is counting up all the Trump Bucks that were given to his clients.

Akhos spends his time on twitter and on the SFxT discord. You can randomly catch him playing in PsychoBlue's tournaments.

1 minute ago, Sonero said:

PlusFrames is still here.

BeaIank is a minor eSports person in Brazil now.

FlyingVe is counting up all the Trump Bucks that were given to his clients.

Akhos spends his time on twitter and on the SFxT discord. You can randomly catch him playing in PsychoBlue's tournaments.

Cool man thanks. It's good to know they're doing well. Has Pertho ever posted here? Also y don't remember you did you have a different username?  

33 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Hello everyone, Maravilla here, don't know if anyone remembers me, I used to post sometimes in the shoryuken forums but haven't posted there since the start of the pandemic over a year ago. Anyways busy with stuff. How's everyone? I've been out of the fgc world since then and have no idea what's happened since I left. When I left SFV and Tekken were the two most popular fighters, Idom was the best player, a new gg was going to come out and Seth was just released for sfv. So I have a couple of questions if anyone wants to answer them for me. 

Good to see you made it over!

1. the admins (not Pertho, who was a mod) were doucebags.

2. Dan and Rose. Oro is coming out soon (not sure when)

3. Evo was cancelled last year cause Mr. Wiz liked seeing teenage boys naked. Then Sony bought Evo… you missed a pretty big year lol. I don’t remember about Capcom Cup.

4. Idk, probably the same as when you left

5. we don’t know. Probably 2022-2023. No official news on it yet, just rumours. Capcom also fired Ono (or encouraged him to resign is more accurate). The new team seems to be handling SFV better, but the netcode still sucks.

GG Strive is the new popular game (well, IMO anyway) and the netcode is one of the best (if not thee best) we’ve seen yet.

edit: also, I’m PlusFrames… Geez you’ve been gone a while 🤣

Edited by Mattatsu
2 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

I remember doctrine dark was so composed and was like a high ranked player, he would be all humble all the time, all of his reply's were cool to me. But alot of y'all were always super cool to me. I remember there were two people from Brasil, Bea and another dude that I used to make mad because I told them Neymar was the best footballer lol. 

Lmao, Volt is still here

On 6/17/2021 at 12:29 PM, Maravilla said:

Huh?? 

His old SRK name was brutally beaten up by a rabid mob consisting of Smashers, Cosplayers and Alex mains. If you wander the  hallways of MegaShock, you can hear him pretending he is gonna stop playing SF5.

Spoiler

I'm Pertho, squigga. What's good? Messed me up seeing the nickname. Been a good while.

Edited by Sonero
1 minute ago, Sonero said:

His old SRK name was brutally beaten up by a rabid mob consisting of Smashers, Cosplayers and Alex mains. If you wonder the  hallways of MegaShock, you can hear him pretending he is gonna stop playing SF5.

Hide contents

I'm Pertho, squigga. What's good? Messed me up seeing the nickname. Been a good while.

Lol cool man good to hear from you. 

Just now, Maravilla said:

and there was a guy who hated how the new gg was looking in terms of mechanics n stuff. 

And i still hate it, both in gameplay and everything else, outside graphics.

Hell, i would even say that i hate a lot of redesigns since they lost the Metal/Fantasy blend the series had in order to be palatable to westerners that dont like Anime and GG.

1 minute ago, Maravilla said:

I remember me and plusframes were trying to main akuma back then, cipher liked anime games and there was a guy who hated how the new gg was looking in terms of mechanics n stuff. 

Maybe you weren’t gone that long lol

i don’t really play SFV anymore though

4 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

I remember me and plusframes were trying to main akuma back then

If you go to the previous page, you'll find a timestamped twitch VOD of Doctrine Dark making an Akuma downplayer salt AF. Good times.

Akuma is still hella good if you wanna pick him up.

5 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

And i still hate it, both in gameplay and everything else, outside graphics.

Hell, i would even say that i hate a lot of redesigns since they lost the Metal/Fantasy blend the series had in order to be palatable to westerners that dont like Anime and GG.

Yea it was you, good to hear from you. Apparently it's a good fighter though I think. 

5 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Maybe you weren’t gone that long lol

i don’t really play SFV anymore though

What iou play? 

1 hour ago, Maravilla said:

Hello everyone, Maravilla here, don't know if anyone remembers me, I used to post sometimes in the shoryuken forums but haven't posted there since the start of the pandemic over a year ago. Anyways busy with stuff. How's everyone? I've been out of the fgc world since then and have no idea what's happened since I left. When I left SFV and Tekken were the two most popular fighters, Idom was the best player, a new gg was going to come out and Seth was just released for sfv. So I have a couple of questions if anyone wants to answer them for me. 

1)Preppy crossed the line with Pertho. Said some unforgivable things. Gave a half ass apology after he was exposed and d3v did nothing despite being aware of the situation. Forum died shortly their after. Karma IMO

2) Dan and Rose, I will never approve of Dan getting a slot but Capcom actually did a solid job of working joke aspect into his playstyle.

3)Not really. The online events are cool but with the iffy netcode it's not near the same. I really wanted to see Idom defend his crown.

4)Not sure, I'll give it to Idom since he performed in the best last in person pressure situation. Plus he qualified for the CPT off of 8 tournaments. Man literally became Capcom Cup Champion in his free time. There were good players that went 4 to 5 times the events that didn't make it.

5) 2023 is the best guess. The current season of SFV is only happening due to the pandemic.  Side note: I am cautiously optimistic about SFVI. The current people in charge have done a much better job with SFV than the prior regime. 

38 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

What if they add your favourite waifu?

It wouldn't matter, since i hate everything gameplay related and a lot of aesthetic nerfs to the identity of the game.

Waifus meant shit if you don't like how the game plays.

Edit

Or like Skullgirls, a game i really wanted to love, since i am a sucker for hand drawn animation, and i loved the designs of the cast, but the gameplay never clicked for me.

Edited by Hecatom
5 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Nah I know nothing about that

They added an invincible backdash that costs V-meter. If you dodge an attack with it, the whole game slows down like did a YRC and you can choose to do a follow up attack that deals Grey damage or let the backdash end and punish with something else 

1 hour ago, Maravilla said:

P.s.- y'all sleeping on nash. 

A Nash player just qualified for Capcom Cup. It was fun watching him play. Dude clearly learned all the tricks to survive low tier Nash and combined them with this recent buffs to give dudes the business. Nash a 3F normal now and VT2 is a legit option.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/may/30/nash-win-cpt/

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

What happened with samsho? Gbvs? Did they ever take off? 

Delay netcode hurt both during the pandemic.

because of the nature of Samsho, I didn’t really find the netcode to be all that bad though. I think word of mouth did more harm to it tbh. In my experience, it was perfectly playable, and fun game if you liked slower paced games.

I could be wrong about GBVS but I think delay netcode ultimately hurt it too (or at least steered people away). I personally didn’t enjoy the game much so that’s why I stopped playing it.

Edited by Mattatsu
4 hours ago, Sonero said:

You think Urien players question themselves? They just EX tackle, then EX headbutt, activate VT1, get 4 mix ups out if and then scream that you got outplayed.

Jesus couldn't get these people to have any shame so you shouldn't either.

👺👺👺

I remember this Urien named "Never scared". His name to playstyle was perfect.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They are still around. RushdownV2 is who yo are thinking of IIRC.

Yea that's him. I mentioned shazzy cuz I followed him on twitch but I just realized he hasn't streamed in like a year. Oh dang what ever happened to that one guy that talked about that female player then apologized then did it again like a month later? Can't remember their names but it was crazy, and then that one dude Ltg and the other ken player were suspended, damn it was wild. 

23 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Yea that's him. I mentioned shazzy cuz I followed him on twitch but I just realized he hasn't streamed in like a year. Oh dang what ever happened to that one guy that talked about that female player then apologized then did it again like a month later? Can't remember their names but it was crazy, and then that one dude Ltg and the other ken player were suspended, damn it was wild. 

BushinStyle and Ceroblast. LTG can step in front of a bus. Fuck that dude.

Edited by Darc_Requiem