Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Great points @Vhozite.

I am intending on playing more casual sets in MK11 than KL. Mostly because KL is kinda weird in how it doesn’t always match you up with someone at a similar skill level. Casual is much better at that (it still has SBMM, it’s just that the KL tiers don’t matter). I also thought it would be good to get good long sets, but never thought about the stress levels about it… I never really thought KL stressed me out because it’s temporary and I don’t really care (I only played it last night to try and get more time crystals for some Kitana gear in the store), but you’re right, if you’re sensing you have 2/3 fights against your opponents, it will induce pressure anyway.

And as much as I like MK11, it also does have some dumb mechanics that can make the randomness/robbery worse.

10 minutes ago, Volt said:

I played enough to have your soul burning slow for years. :coffee:

We never played Soul Calibur though. 

🙃

Edit: @Yiceman @Hecatom@Shahenzan@Mattatsu @Sonero@TWINBLADES_SRKWe need to play more Soul Calibur again, too bad KingTubb is retired. 😔 Sorry for anyone I missed. PS4 streaming is ass and i can't make out some of the names 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

We never played Soul Calibur though. 

🙃

Edit: @Yiceman @Hecatom@Shahenzan@Mattatsu @Sonero@TWINBLADES_SRKWe need to play more Soul Calibur again, too bad KingTubb is retired. 😔 Sorry for anyone I missed. PS4 streaming is ass and i can't make out some of the names 😑

I might pick up Soul Calibur on Steam, but geez it's still full price. 

I haven't played SC since 2 was new, but it's always been a game that seems perfect for me.

... apparently 6 is the *only* Soul Edge/Calibur on Steam?  😞 

23 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I straight up cannot play a random online game and not get super nervous/anxious. Is that normal?

and casual/ranked doesn’t seem to matter

I get the same way depending on how much I care about he game. For SamSho, Tetris Effect, or even Bloodborne pvp, I get nervous, but a lot of other games, I usually just try to focus on having fun these days. But even to this day I get nervous a bit, and I use to play in tournaments, so I feel you.

@Sonero   You’re right. Didn’t mean to downplay it, just used the wrong word. Disgusting what some people will do. The fact that he was talking it up like it was a normal story is fucked up.

Several Brazilian tournaments have already banned him for this along with his most recent win going to 2nd place according to comments. Frosty Faustings  has also banned him indefinitely and while Capcom hasn’t issued a statement yet, the pages and tweets describing his CPT status has been deleted.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Organized a Gang RAPE. Gangbang can imply a willing participant. He said he got a chick drunk, called 8 guys and went to town on her. That's like the horror stories you hear in random countries

Its common here in late 90s and early 2ks for teens that tries to join frats because they wont go to jail for not being 18. 

8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Never Forget

That happened to a few of us but the way you cut that clip is godlike man 👍🏾 

Side Note: Since I have PS5, my streams won't look like vaseline is on the screen. @Pair of RooksI actually have SCVI on PC too. I've never actually played it though. I got it on sale....for the extra Create A Soul slots. I know I know, I need an intervention 😅

Can't imagine being the guy over at Capcom dealing with this. Show up to work, it's casual Friday. You got jeans and a megaman t-shirt. Suddenly the social media person comes running.

"Hey so, how do I put this? You know that street fighter thing you're in charge of? One of the guys in it confessed to raping a chick on twitch."

Well fucking happy Friday to you too.

Edit: this isn't a joke post. It's just wild that this happened. Then they probably had to view the video, get with legal just to kick this guy to the curb. Crazy stuff.

19 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

wonder if @Bea_Iankm knows who she is

Volt gave some updates kind of. Guy said thst this happened while he was 13. He claims the girl was 15 at the time. He also said that he was joking about the " I called 8 dudes and we all fucked her" part. But that his cousin showing him a vid of a girl that he was dating at the time was real.

Because you know, everybody is casually joking about orchestrating gang rapes. 

This is some crazy shit.

14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Volt gave some updates kind of. Guy said thst this happened while he was 13. He claims the girl was 15 at the time. He also said that he was joking about the " I called 8 dudes and we all fucked her" part. But that his cousin showing him a vid of a girl that he was dating at the time was real.

Because you know, everybody is casually joking about orchestrating gang rapes. 

This is some crazy shit.

There seemed like way too much detail for it to be a joke but that's just me

On 1/5/2022 at 9:03 PM, Mattatsu said:

I straight up cannot play a random online game and not get super nervous/anxious. Is that normal?

and casual/ranked doesn’t seem to matter

If I go to a tournament or if I play online, I tend to chew gum a lot. 

Or, I drink a coffee through a thermos. I started doing this during the KOFXIII when it was still fresh in the European region.

Nerves were really high back then when I was starting off. It still gets like that even now because you often don't know... exactly what to expect. 

There is a sense of unpredictability when you play specific fighting games on or offline. 

15 hours ago, Sonero said:

Organized a Gang RAPE. Gangbang can imply a willing participant. He said he got a chick drunk, called 8 guys and went to town on her. That's like the horror stories you hear in random countries.

Everything about that story is some high levels of fucked up.

WHAT IN THE HOLY FUCK??? 

What a piece of shit!

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HecatomHey man what's your schedule looking like this weekend? We could run some Soul Calibur or something else. Anything else, besides SFIV, I'm up for. I need to get my mind off of things right now. My mom is having surgery, she should be okay, but my cousin is in the hospital with COVID. Not gonna front, it's not looking good man. He's on a ventilator, has a blood clot, and had a heart attack. Like man.....I need something to distract me when I get off of work. Maybe alcohol or...hell fuck it, maybe SFIV and Tekken. Sorry for rambling...minds all over the place.

Sorry to hear that Darc, I can play SC6 (or anything else) later tonight if you’re still available. I should be okay after 7:30-ish, but by all means, play Heca or anyone else that comes around first.

Prayers up for you and your ilk @Darc_Requiem

It looks like I didn't get the commentary spot for Frosty Faustings I was shooting for, but between me slacking off with the Online Local and the beef I have with certain people in the Chicago FGC over what happened last year I applied mostly to say that I did and be pleasantly surprised if I got through.  I'm more than secure enough in myself to know I got what it takes and there will be plenty more chances to prove it.

My friends in the DMV area are planning a small gathering just for SFxT later this month, so I'll likely plan to go to that in lieu of FF.  

32 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I got beer. And I'm dealing. After I got home started working on this. So when we play SCVI expect to see her....

Hey Darc, I’m able to play SC6 if you’re up for it… gotta be honest though, I went back into the tutorial and I have no idea what’s going on (been a long week and can’t seem to comprehend much) so it’ll be a lot of mashing lol.

Just now, Mattatsu said:

Hey Darc, I’m able to play SC6 if you’re up for it… gotta be honest though, I went back into the tutorial and I have no idea what’s going on (been a long week and can’t seem to comprehend much) so it’ll be a lot of mashing lol.

It's cool. I haven't played in ages. Let me turn on my arcade stick. Have to use the pad for Creation mode.