Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HecatomHey man what's your schedule looking like this weekend? We could run some Soul Calibur or something else. Anything else, besides SFIV, I'm up for. I need to get my mind off of things right now. My mom is having surgery, she should be okay, but my cousin is in the hospital with COVID. Not gonna front, it's not looking good man. He's on a ventilator, has a blood clot, and had a heart attack. Like man.....I need something to distract me when I get off of work. Maybe alcohol or...hell fuck it, maybe SFIV and Tekken. Sorry for rambling...minds all over the place.

I am sorry to hear that 😕 , I really hope everything goes well with your cousin, the same with your mother

I guess I'm gaining a little something back from this genre. I think the reworking I've been doing lately kind of lost it's appeal in retrospect by being familiar with character specifics applied to their matchups. Trying to return to counter picking from my anecdotal experiences with those characters in various fighting games are a bit of a burden, yet preferred in full freedom. This wouldn't have been a problem if it was much younger. It's like I've grown very impatient.

In reference from being that young in contrast to my early middle aged journey? I suppose some of us mature out of that prior feeling of reward. However, a part of me still feel that there is still some ongoing investment to this in reminiscence.

30 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Darc, how’d you make a Zelda so good? You even got the triforce on her lol

When I create an existing character, I usually have a reference image on my laptop or for the PC version my phone. I use it as I create the character. A lot of times you have to think outside of the box. Use the miscellaneous items and sticker to fake things that aren't available. For Zelda, I used three triangle stickers to make her Tri-Force. For Dolores, I used antennae to sub for her braids.

17 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That happened to a few of us but the way you cut that clip is godlike man 👍🏾 

Side Note: Since I have PS5, my streams won't look like vaseline is on the screen. @Pair of RooksI actually have SCVI on PC too. I've never actually played it though. I got it on sale....for the extra Create A Soul slots. I know I know, I need an intervention 😅

I used the PS4 video editor program, is actually very good for being a free app that you can use on your console, it takes a little to get the hang of it, but you can do a lot of decent edits with it.

BTW, i am gonna upload our matches, but it is gonna take some time since it is like 50 something vids and my upload speed is trash

Edited by Hecatom
On 1/7/2022 at 1:03 PM, DoctaMario said:

Capcom in here with "Hope the local cops catch up with ya bitch" 🤣

As they should. There was a huge national outrage over something similar a couple years ago. Pretty sure it wound up with everyone involved getting killed or arrested.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:10 PM, Vhozite said:

Obviously not condoning shit like that but why the hell do people snitch on themselves committing serious crimes online? You’re a horrible sack of shit but also stupid I guess?

Clout chasing. 🤣

It's really the best part of social media. It has never been easier to catch idiots slipping. You think someone did something? Just check their FB and Twitter. 🤣

21 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HecatomHey man what's your schedule looking like this weekend? We could run some Soul Calibur or something else. Anything else, besides SFIV, I'm up for. I need to get my mind off of things right now. My mom is having surgery, she should be okay, but my cousin is in the hospital with COVID. Not gonna front, it's not looking good man. He's on a ventilator, has a blood clot, and had a heart attack. Like man.....I need something to distract me when I get off of work. Maybe alcohol or...hell fuck it, maybe SFIV and Tekken. Sorry for rambling...minds all over the place.

Ah damn. I hope they get better soon bro. 🙏

17 hours ago, AndrogynousBandy said:

I guess I'm gaining a little something back from this genre. I think the reworking I've been doing lately kind of lost it's appeal in retrospect by being familiar with character specifics applied to their matchups. Trying to return to counter picking from my anecdotal experiences with those characters in various fighting games are a bit of a burden, yet preferred in full freedom. This wouldn't have been a problem if it was much younger. It's like I've grown very impatient.

In reference from being that young in contrast to my early middle aged journey? I suppose some of us mature out of that prior feeling of reward. However, a part of me still feel that there is still some ongoing investment to this in reminiscence.

To add more to this, I would need to find some way to balance things with birth hypertension with this genre. The competitive mind where the measure of prowess experience from strong players, is simply too much for me at this time in blood pressure elevation. 

It's not really a matter of winning or losing, because I still win most of my narrow outcomes. It's the work put into them for that stepping stone.

Probiotic, Lemon, and Ginger herbal tea tend to be very beneficial in this genre engagement so far. 4 servings a day. However, I need more management in place in regards to my own health.

I would hate to resign from this genre again.

16 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

If he comes back than Akuma will be the most ineffective edgelord in the series. 

Not to mention that dude isn't that strong by current standards. Let's bring back the old master that would get bodied by his disciples disciples. Hell, he might not even be able to beat Sakura at this point. Goutetsu died happy that Akuma reached a level he could not. Let dude rest in peace.