Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

21 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, I hear you. I will usually take the sacrifice to get rid of it as well. The “Fast” Vsync option in the Nvidia Control Panel seems to be the best way to deal with it (from what I’ve read anyway)

Tearing happens when your GPU is out of sync with your monitor.  It also happens when there are variable framerates.

Best ways to fix tearing are V-Sync (introduces performance hit/some input delay), G-Sync/Adaptive V-Sync (better V-sync but requires special monitors), or setting a framerate cap (ideal, but doesn't always work).

I've found setting a framerate cap of several FPS higher than what my monitor can display (64fps for a 60hz monitor) works to prevent tearing -- but you have to make sure your framerate never dips below the cap that you set.  Any fluctuations will cause the tearing to return.

51 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My laptop has G-Sync and my desktop has FreeSync. That's a cool tip on the framerate cap but my Laptop is almost 5 years old and it has a 120hz monitor. My desktop, after my upgrades maybe able to do it. Can't wait for my 5800X and 6900XT to get setup 😍

I mean if your laptop can't produce those frames anyway might as well just set the screen to run at 60hz. 🤷‍♂️

On 1/15/2022 at 2:01 AM, Shakunetsu said:

I just hope single direction plus button as new special move execution would NOT come to  SF

lol, I was rereading everything in my Laptop, because i used to scroll a lot on phone, i forgot to put NOT in that haha

On 1/15/2022 at 7:58 AM, Sonero said:

Worst thing that 3S did was make DPs with no anti airing purpose.

Is it because of parry is used as an alternative anti-air and more effective than DP?

Or is it because of air-parry being used to counter against DP?

38 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I’m not speaking on behalf of Sonero, but I personally dislike the air parry nature of 3S. I think it’s pretty wack that you can jump in, parry a DP, and punish them for that AA attempt.

Dayaan played a few weeks ago and there were a few times where he would jump (expecting me to AA) and I would jump (expecting him to attack) and we meet mid-air just mashing parry against each other lol. I love the game but that stuff is goofy.

Theoretically, it’s not much different than a dash-in strike/throw mixup, but with the traditional commitment of a jump and a DP, it just feels wrong to the neutral game.

55 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Is it because of parry is used as an alternative anti-air and more effective than DP?

Dudley, Elena maybe not Ibuki (dayaan might know, I don't remember) DP's don't work well as Anti Airs. They would  just lose ot air attacks at the same time. Its weird to have a game where you teach people that this rising type of attack is good for dealing with people jumping at you and then you make moves with the same command and movement and then they suddenly don't.

That's what I meant before by visual language for the series. Think there was one time against one of the guys here that I straight out stuffed a DP with a jump in. Good lord.

Also the SF4 nonsense wasn't all that great. One thing Brian F made sure to not mention was that invincibility in SF4 DPs was kinda half assed so they would trade constantly. That's how you got trade DP Ultra that made Ryu and Sagat massive terrors during Vanilla. Sagat got that japan named the "LOL" combo where he'd trade DP, do forward HK, Ultra for 60%. Yeah, totally invincible DPs there in SF4....those were bigger shitters by being half assed than they would've been if they'd it had for longer frames.

17 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's hard to describe so I'll post pictures.

0*B17jPOMzGD7qwDHG.jpg

Picture worth a thousand words. 

But I'm in camp Vhozite: any advantage.  😄   I see a lot of tearing on the eagle load screen and on win screens but I never notice it during matches.   Maybe because I'm focused on small areas of the screen instead of the whole screen at once?

6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

This.

One of my big table-flip moments playing SF3.

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

invincibility in SF4 DPs was kinda half assed so they would trade constantly. That's how you got trade DP Ultra that made Ryu and Sagat massive terrors during Vanilla. Sagat got that japan named the "LOL" combo where he'd trade DP, do forward HK, Ultra for 60%. Yeah, totally invincible DPs there in SF4....those were bigger shitters by being half assed than they would've been if they'd it had for longer frames.

Even the partial invul would've been fine if the iframes at least lasted until the DPer was airborne. 

On 1/16/2022 at 11:20 AM, Shakunetsu said:

Yes.

It also pisses me off that the one game I got nice AA reactions also has air parries.

23 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Dayaan played a few weeks ago and there were a few times where he would jump (expecting me to AA) and I would jump (expecting him to attack) and we meet mid-air just mashing parry against each other lol. I love the game but that stuff is goofy.

L M A O

I gotta try that next time I play him, sounds hilarious. 🤣

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Yes.

It also pisses me off that the one game I got nice AA reactions also has air parries.

L M A O

I gotta try that next time I play him, sounds hilarious. 🤣

He gets me playing this game like it’s completely different. Against everyone else, I’m playing a normal SF game with maybe the odd parry. He OS parries everything I do, so I have to be more mindful of delaying my pressure or trying different things. I also get annoyed (in a good way) with all the parries, so I go through bouts where I just try to parry everything he does… Problem is that I’m guess-parrying and he’s not.

It’s fun, but 3S against him is a completely different game lol

also, in those mid-air examples, it usually doesn’t last long. It’s not like we both land on the ground without doing anything. He’s likely doing an Os parry (which I believe involves an attack), he’s just doing it later in the jump arc, expecting me to DP on the way down. I usually jump as a read and catch him air-to-air on the way up, but I’m mashing parry (which is dumb because unsuccessful parries have a cool down window until you can parry again), and it’s really just me looking like the idiot, and I get bopped when he finally attacks and my mashing parries aren’t doing anything.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hell MS can do their own Smash Bros style game with their own IPs at this point. 

lol and also do their very own MOBA with Crash, Doom Guy and Master Chief

Crash in Xbox All Star it's weird haha

it's likely they would put this to rest 

15 hours ago, Sonero said:

They definitely shouldn't. After Nick smash crashed and burned, outside of Brawlstars there ain't much hope for that genre.

It's kinda crazy how SF2 inspired a million awesome games and Smash basically lives in a "recycle me or die" situation.

Smashers are definitely ride or die with Smash.

Nintendo fans in general are like that. A lot of "franchise killers" straight fail when it comes to Nintendo IPs. Like pretty much all the Smash killers, the Pokémon ones like TemTem...

Brand recognition is real af. The SF2 derivatives actually worked because they tried to establish their own brand and gameplay identity asap.

All these X-Copies fail because they can't free themselves from the original brand. Take TemTem for example. The first thing you ever hear about it is that it's supposed to be Pokémon, but better. Same deal with the Nick game. What was the first impression? "Oh, it's Smash with Nick characters! (That look like shit)"

Immediate failure right there. And why is that? Because they chose to show off their similarities to established franchises first. So what immediately comes to someone's mind? A different franchise.

doc_what.gif

And that is how people waste perfectly good money with stupid shit like this. Truly baffling stuff. A whole marketing campaign and potentially the whole game down the drain in a flash.

@Volt I do agree with you that a big part of the problem is that the Nick game was trying too much to be a new “Smash” game, but I think part of the reason the Nick game didn’t do well was also the apparent low budget of it. The models don’t look great and the game doesn’t even have Voice Actors (and not the VAs from the cartoons itself, which is what it should have, it doesn’t even have VAs at all).

From what I recall, the single player options were lacking and the game was aimed at more competitive play (meaning there were no OP (and fun) items for a casual players, and things like that.

@Shahenzan I heard that you main Ibuki in 3S. I’m going to lab her for a bit, and would like to play some matches with you once I get a sense of what the hell I’m doing.

Also, do you play a specific colour? If you remember my Banana Ken, you may know that I like to stick to one colour, and just want to make sure it’s not yours.

cheers

5 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

@Volt I do agree with you that a big part of the problem is that the Nick game was trying too much to be a new “Smash” game, but I think part of the reason the Nick game didn’t do well was also the apparent low budget of it. The models don’t look great and the game doesn’t even have Voice Actors (and not the VAs from the cartoons itself, which is what it should have, it doesn’t even have VAs at all).

From what I recall, the single player options were lacking and the game was aimed at more competitive play (meaning there were no OP (and fun) items for a casual players, and things like that.

Regardless of how the actual product turned out, the marketing campaign was a failure.

Granted, there's only so much you can do when the product itself is hot garbage like the Nick game, but even then, all people got from it was "Smash with Nick characters!".

6 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

@Shahenzan I heard that you main Ibuki in 3S. I’m going to lab her for a bit, and would like to play some matches with you once I get a sense of what the hell I’m doing.

Also, do you play a specific colour? If you remember my Banana Ken, you may know that I like to stick to one colour, and just want to make sure it’s not yours.

cheers

I'm a default color picker in that game lol

And yeah I'm down to play you if you want, just put out the bat signal and it'll happen sooner or later

1 hour ago, Shahenzan said:

I'm a default color picker in that game lol

And yeah I'm down to play you if you want, just put out the bat signal and it'll happen sooner or later

Sweet! MK Red Ibuki is all mine 🤣

Thanks. I’ll ping you on here or discord when I’m ready for games, will probably be a week or two… She plays this game very differently than Ken lol

10 hours ago, elliephil said:

Speaking of 3s ibuki, whatever happened to DevilJin? He was probably one of the best US Ibuki's and regular poster back on srk.

My favorite @DevilJin01moment was when he was on stream at tournament and Ultra David was on commentary. David, with PTSD in his voice, was relaying how Jin would body him on the regular back in the day.