Stage Select

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition

On 3/9/2018 at 11:16 AM, Killa said:

Let’s shift our focus from fake animated boobs and ass to what anime is truly about Ultra Violence.

I recommend Goblin Slayer to anyone who hasn’t checked it out yet. The anime is gonna be dope af

Let's talk about my favorite anime of all time. I memorized the theme song to this when I was 5 years old:

80399c12f605a8bf1e74e200a605b5ce.jpg

Bio Booster Armor Guyver

Hero finds alien symbiote. Evil corporation that uses alien technology to create monsters hunts him down. Hero murders them. Violently. It's a good time all around. There was a 2006 remake series but it wasn't as good as the version I watched when I was a kid.

Here's another one from my youth:

80564l.jpg

Demon City Shinjuku

Shinjuku has become a wasteland overrun by demons. The hero's father died trying to reclaim the city and now it's up to him to try to do the same. Sexy demon ladies and monsters everywhere.

And here's one more:

80565l.jpg

Wicked City

The demon world and human world are colliding. Soon a treaty will be signed to guarantee peace between the two worlds -- but someone is trying to stop it. Now two agents from both the demon and human sides have to work together to kill anyone who gets in the way.

This one is borderline hentai. Main character almost gets his dick cut off by a spider lady with a mouth for a vagina. She disguises herself as his girlfriend and only transforms when they're about to get it on. I was very confused watching this scene as 5-year-old kid. Only thing I cared about was how good the action scenes were.

My friend and I in high school found a theater that was showing Wicked City somehow. We had watched a couple of anime movies at that point like Akira and Vampire Hunter D but we were still new to anime in general.

That was one fuck of an eye opener.

Watched Devilman Crybaby recently and I liked it a lot. Sort of makes me want to go back and check out some of the original stuff.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:41 PM, GetTheTables said:

Watched Devilman Crybaby recently and I liked it a lot. Sort of makes me want to go back and check out some of the original stuff.

The original animated stuff is good, but the manga is the real source material and it's pretty wild.

Man, old manga is pretty hardcore. Naked girls everywhere, main characters who are real dicks, and violent in a way you wouldn't expect retro manga to be.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:48 PM, misterBee said:

The original animated stuff is good, but the manga is the real source material and it's pretty wild.

Man, old manga is pretty hardcore. Naked girls everywhere, main characters who are real dicks, and violent in a way you wouldn't expect retro manga to be.

For real. I've always been really fascinated with that stuff.

Found I think the first chapter of Violence Jack online a few years back and gave it a read. That was a trip.

They have a lot of new original stories that is as good if not better than the old school manga. Just got to wade thru the mainstream BS/pedo stuff.

Imo Beserker is still one of the best Mangas of all time. Only think I can knock it for is it’s release schedule and how often the author goes on hiatus.

Angel City, I saw this as a kid and probably one of my favorite older animes.

9b408c5d6d927a357492f7b6a6f0eaaa3d21187e_hq.gif

On 3/9/2018 at 10:48 PM, misterBee said:

Devilman was hentai lite. Can't say that I really liked it all that much. Tbh, Netflix has godtier production values but they have a bad choice in source material.

On 3/9/2018 at 11:16 AM, Killa said:

Let’s shift our focus from fake animated boobs and ass to what anime is truly about Ultra Violence.

I recommend Goblin Slayer to anyone who hasn’t checked it out yet. The anime is gonna be dope af

That's basically what got my attention to begin with. Growing up with basic shit like looney tunes and batman then all of a sudden you see peoples brains blow apart and blood everywhere really caught my eye. I didn't know cartoons were allowed to do that kind of stuff back when I was 12.

Anyone read scanlated stuff? I used to be all about Naruto but after than ended I'm into a few different ones. Attack on Titan, Shokugeki no Souma and Dr. Stone are the ones I look forward to the most. And still waiting for when someone dumps the next 10 chapters of HnI, just do it already!

Devilman Crybaby would have been better if they hadn't focused so much on the hedonistic side of stuff and focused more on some redeeming quality of the devilman. Instead devilman were basically murderous monsters that could barely control themselves if they could at all outside of Akira.

They seemed to start hinting more were like that and start going down that plotline, but instead sabotaged it all for more hedonistic sex scenes and violence. The ending was so rushed it was frankly awful.

On 3/14/2018 at 7:17 PM, Pastrami said:

Damn that Goemon clip was pretty crazy. Was Lupin always like that? I remember watching the series on Toonami and that one had a totally different vibe to it

There are quite a few different versions, each made at different times. You probably watched an older goofier one.

On 3/17/2018 at 6:36 PM, Killa said:
On 3/16/2018 at 1:42 PM, Mr_Wizard said:

Which Lupin to watch for noobs?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-01-22/lupin-the-third-where-to-start-and-what-worth-watching/.97834

I've never checked out Lupin yet either and it looks like a lot to get caught up on. Not as bad as catching up to Bleach or One Piece but still a solid two months of watching

2 hours ago, Poltergeist said:

Anybody watch Overlord? The new episode was fucking awesome.

Rewatched the first season last month.  It wasn't as good as I remember it being the first time.  Feels kind of mediocre now actually.

Been watching season 2 and I guess it's ok.  Especially that one episode where you watch lizards have sex like it's the National Geographic channel.

On 3/21/2018 at 11:23 PM, misterBee said:

Rewatched the first season last month.  It wasn't as good as I remember it being the first time.  Feels kind of mediocre now actually.

Been watching season 2 and I guess it's ok.  Especially that one episode where you watch lizards have sex like it's the National Geographic channel.

I really don't know why they spent 5 episodes on that shit. It's wasn't even a good plot point and the lizards never show up again. It was stupid.

On another note

Does this work?

Edited by Poltergeist