Stage Select

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition


Recommended Posts

I was looking up Pokemon Adventures Collector's Edition manga and vol. 4 is already out! I got vols. 1-2 for my niece and was planning to get her vol. 3 but I didn't know vol. 4 was gonna drop so soon. 

 

Flipped through Dragon Ball Super vol. 10. New villain seems cool and I like the callbacks to the original Namek Saga.

Link to post

Hrm, has that dude finally learned how to draw backgrounds?   Or is just page of after page of static characters and introduction scenes against bleach white.

 

I wish I could get hyped for generic af shonen like the rest of the anime crowd.  I think the only actual shonen I even care about these days is stuff like Dr Stone or The Promised Neverland. 

 

Anyways the industry is trash and here is proof

 

 

Link to post
7 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Now that a new version of Shaman King is coming, i was thinking that it would be great if we also get an anime for Karakuri doji Ultimo.

The manga created by Stan Lee and Hiroyuki Takei, the creator of Shaman King

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimo_(manga)

I'm still waiting for the non-sus anime adaptation of Rosario Vampire where Tsukune became Devilman and then it went into shojo territory with the aesthetics entering the China arc.  

Link to post

It would be nice if more shojo got adapted in general.    After being on facebook hard af this last year I can safely say a majority of these casuals can't name a single shojo let alone the publications they came from even though they think of themselves as some big fans for sperging over the same handful of Jump titles literally everyone has known about for decades.     Mention something from Margaret, Ribon, or any of the Bessatsu books and they will look at you like you are an alien. 

 

Speaking of remakes, I would kill for a Ranma 1/2 remake that actually follows the manga.    Probably mentioned this but lets just go ahead and add Sukeban Deka and The Rose of Versailles to that as well.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Angel said:

It would be nice if more shojo got adapted in general.    After being on facebook hard af this last year I can safely say a majority of these casuals can't name a single shojo let alone the publications they came from even though they think of themselves as some big fans for sperging over the same handful of Jump titles literally everyone has known about for decades.     Mention something from Margaret, Ribon, or any of the Bessatsu books and they will look at you like you are an alien. 

 

Speaking of remakes, I would kill for a Ranma 1/2 remake that actually follows the manga.    Probably mentioned this but lets just go ahead and add Sukeban Deka and The Rose of Versailles to that as well.

We need an anime adaptation of Daemon Bride, best "shojo badass" anime game would make the best anime on TV too.

 

Link to post
On 11/24/2020 at 8:32 AM, Dayaan said:

I stopped watching and reading manga (barring everything Dragon Ball and the One Piece manga), and when I look at what's being put out now, what the fuck happened? Animation became so godlike! I'm impressed.

 

 

I'm personally getting tired of seeing studios rely on cgi for the most mundane shit.    Sometimes it's okay but mostly it's still out of place.  Still laughing at the noobs thinking demon slayer had the best animation when 80% of it is cgi.   Mind you they actually had good cgi but compared to shows filled to the brim with traditional animation like Fate/Grand Order - Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia was I wasn't all that impressed. 

Link to post
53 minutes ago, Angel said:

 

 

I'm personally getting tired of seeing studios rely on cgi for the most mundane shit.    Sometimes it's okay but mostly it's still out of place.  Still laughing at the noobs thinking demon slayer had the best animation when 80% of it is cgi.   Mind you they actually had good cgi but compared to shows filled to the brim with traditional animation like Fate/Grand Order - Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia was I wasn't all that impressed. 

It being CGI doesnt mean its not animation...Kind of a weird sentence. 

 

Most of Japans like...Cell Shaded CGI for shows looks awful. I dont know why, but it just all stands out and never looks homogenous. Like I dunno why a show like RWBY (which is awful, I know) has a look where everything looks like it belongs, and then I watch the new Netflix GitS and all the characters look like plastic action action figures playing on a realistic looking play set. It clashes so hard. The animation itself is nice enough, but the visual representation of the show is a disaster imo.  

Link to post

Too many shows these days use cgi instead of Traditional animation for all you pedantic contrarian mf's out there.    That being said just because a show uses stuff like og animation stacked on top of mocap actors doesn't make it good.   Looking at you God of High School.  What an overhyped pile of shit that was

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Angel said:

Too many shows these days use cgi instead of Traditional animation for all you pedantic contrarian mf's out there.    That being said just because a show uses stuff like og animation stacked on top of mocap actors doesn't make it good.   Looking at you God of High School.  What an overhyped pile of shit that was

Yea for sure. Just because it's CGI or hand animated doesn't mean it's animated well, and a lot of the recent CGI in these shows is terribly animated. 

 

I dunno how the studio that did CGI Beserk can look at that show, then look at even one fucking panel from the Manga and go "Yea, this works."

Edited by RSG3
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select