Stage Select

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Acura has an Anime coming out soon lol. 

I actually hope it's good, I'd like a new racing anime. Initial D has left a gaping hole I would appreciate filled and MF Ghost isn't coming remotely close to cutting it. In fact it's kinda....bad...

Initial d was too good.. I dont think a racing anime will ever meet such a high bar. 

Buttt there are alot of racing ips i think anime should have lept on. Late 90s/early 2000s had an absurd number of racing games im surprised japan never dived on. 

That new episode of AoT made my heart speed up. Probably some of the most intense stuff in the show. 

There was one moment that shouldn't have been funny but I died on the inside. 

Spoiler

Zeke was getting ready to activate the Titans with his scream but Colt begs Zeke to allow Falco the chance to get away so he didn't hear the scream. 

FJ6gkDFWYAAkgsp?format=jpg&name=large

He proceeds to scream regardless. 

Also if the computer that translates it has a bad moment or two you can wind up with some issues given they state there are no retakes.

I mean if you really don't want to deal with artists directly nor have any control on the art in the long run I guess it sounds fine. Feel like there are other means but some people may not want to do the online social dance or commission thing so this is the alternative.

5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Always wanted to watch this back in the day but never got around to it, now it's gettin a new anime. Hope it's decent 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-02-03/bastard-manga-gets-new-netflix-anime/.182161

That's great news! I remember back in the 90's going to Best Buy and would see the four or five VHS tapes of Bastard!!! there. I don't remember if I ever watched it all. The manga is much longer than that. I remember in the mid 90's reading that it was a very popular manga in Japan. Back when I checked in 2006 or something the manga was still going lol.

I'd recommend to anyone here interested to read the few issues ever translated:

https://batotoo.com/series/6566

You'll specially like it because the author is a heavy metal fan, and throws many heavy metal references 🤘like one magic spell is called Megadeth as in the metal band. There's an enemy that looks like King Diamond:

King_Diamond_2651444327_fdaca3f8aa_33.jp

In a postapocalyptic world of heavy metal fantasy, the only thing able to save humans from orcs, lizard men, and other monsters is something even MORE evil. Sealed within a 14-year-old boy, the chaotic wizard Dark Schneider is unleashed to fight four mighty generals and their plot to resurrect the evil god Anslasax!

And of course there's eroticism and a few instances of sex.

On 2/16/2022 at 9:00 PM, Wellman said:

It must be because of the way they did arcs and especially the Mugen Train, but it barely feels like we have gotten that many episodes at all.

I sorta agree bur they packed the fuck outta those episodes. More happened in those episodes than most animes with full season runs

My copy of Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie on Blu-ray arrived. I cannot wait to see Chun's yummy, delicious, mesmerizing

Spoiler

fight with Vega in glorious HD. What did you think I was talking about, you gutter dwelling rat?

SFIITAM is one of my all-time faves. Simple story with killer animation and some fun dubbed voices. And Bison talking about Sagat getting bodied right in front of him will never not make me chuckle.

I also bought Project A-KO on blu-ray. Never seen it but Discotek showed it off with a ton of their other blu-rays when I booted up Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog the Complete Series. Looks like some sick retro anime and I am down for that.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Project ako was one of the animes that opened my world. It was part of the summer marathon scifi channel did. 

Same, I caught it in the second half and had no idea what the hell was going on but was glued to it. It and Iria are my favorite old school animes.

I have the Project A ko collection on DVD. Will probably buy the Blu ray but I just got the Future Boy Conan show.

15 hours ago, RegH81 said:

My copy of Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie on Blu-ray arrived. I cannot wait to see Chun's yummy, delicious, mesmerizing

Hide contents

fight with Vega in glorious HD. What did you think I was talking about, you gutter dwelling rat?

SFIITAM is one of my all-time faves. Simple story with killer animation and some fun dubbed voices. And Bison talking about Sagat getting bodied right in front of him will never not make me chuckle.

I also bought Project A-KO on blu-ray. Never seen it but Discotek showed it off with a ton of their other blu-rays when I booted up Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog the Complete Series. Looks like some sick retro anime and I am down for that.

A lot of the added bonuses to the Project A-ko blu-ray were contributed by Kaelan Ramos, the last Evo Sailor Moon S champ.

HOLY BALLS, the amount of extras on the Project A-KO Perfect Edition Blu-ray are INSANE! I don't think I've ever seen an anime release get THIS MANY extras.

Apparently Project A-KO was a pretty big deal and is an anime classic. It was one of those films that got a release overseas so I have no idea how I went this long without knowing of it's existence. But then again, I'm late to every party. 

Emperors New Groove Whatever GIF

And B-Ko sending mechas to kill A-ko because she is jealous of her friendship with C-ko? Like, they could, I dunno, all be friends, right? You don't have to kill someone because you are unhinged about their friendship. But it is entertaining so...

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live