Stage Select

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition

• 4 weeks later...

ohhhhh I didn't know... I will definitely have to check into that...perhaps my love for that franchise could continue with the anime, as I have given up on the games as long as That Company unfortunately owns the IP.

...such good memories though--- an old friend from college and his wife were into it too, so it would often be the 3 of us playing our characters on the Gamecube version for hours at a time....he was usually a "CAST" or HUmar character and I preferred CASTs and Forces.... my main on GC version was a FOmar I named the "Chojin"....last played up to level 152 with that character if I recall...450+ hours just on that 1 character....such good times.

So I was annoyed at all the isekai's this season but it turns out that damn near every one of them is some goofy konosuba like show that actually makes fun isekais @misterBee  

The pet shop one is great and actually made by the author of konosuba.    The cautious hero one is hilarious too, as well as the Make me average one which is literally gintama but in isekai form.  It's only been two episodes of that that show and it already has a dbz, ace attorney, lotgh, and HnK reference that I spotted.   The other two shows are still good even though they are more serious just do to the actual premises.  One is a group of teens that are literally the BEST in the world at what they do that get isekai'd and decided to take over the new world from what I am seeing so it's kind like overlord but instead of them being op they use their super skills lol.    Dudes over here getting into trade wars in shit.    The other one is kind boring but cute and is about a girl trying to make books in a world where they are rare af which is actually kind of refreshing.    I am over pulling a whole ass 180 on these shows. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thunderbolt Fantasy is my shit, so underrated imo.  

Laughing at stupid ass Funimation dropping the borderline hentai Interspecies Reviewers lol.   Like did they do ANY research on the show at all before picking it up?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-01-31/funimation-removes-interspecies-reviewers-anime-as-it-falls-outside-company-standards/.156012

You would think with it's voice actresses getting work by sleeping with Chris Sabat that a show about prostitution would be right up their alley

6 hours ago, Angel said:

Wow they got so pissed they downvoted that show into oblivion.  It went from #2, on the verge of overtaking FMA Brotherhood for #1 all the way down to like #1350

lol this last episode is for sure for the guys here.  They got to a golem brothel and have to literally build their prostitute out of marionette parts

🤡

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yup and all the nasty fangirls are trying to say the character is the daughter of their imaginary and disturbing Sesshomaru x Rin shipping

Damn we just lost one of my favs yesterday

https://horriblesubs.info/

"Farewell

HorribleSubs began more than a decade ago providing subtitles for anime. We have grown way beyond what was originally imagined. But... as the cliché saying goes, all good things must eventually come to an end.

This was a hard decision to make for the team, but the truth is, our real life responsibilities have been growing, especially in the times of COVID-19. COVID-19 has really impacted us in various ways, but ultimately it negatively affected how much time we were able to frequently contribute. After some reflection and evaluation, we realized moving on was the best way forward. You could technically say COVID killed HorribleSubs.

This is naturally a good transition point since the Summer 2020 anime season ended and the Fall 2020 anime season is just about to begin. Yes, we waited to finish most of the series before dropping this news. Be grateful for that. However, do not worry. We're certain that other groups will pick up the mantle.

Thank you all for joining us on this journey. Many good memories were made, but it is time to say goodbye! Feel free to share whatever thoughts you have in the Disqus thread below."

1 minute ago, Angel said:

@misterBee 

https://www.facebook.com/ray.porter.96/videos/10157792409415748/

https://www.facebook.com/ray.porter.96/videos/a.10155061918585748/10157792669550748/?type=3

Not sure if this will work since I have been having issues with the new facebook format. 

Gurren Lagann is one of my favorite anime of all time.

Assuming these are movie rehashes of the series?

1 hour ago, Reiraku said:

The fact that Inu Yasha got not only a conclusion in its follow up movie, but also a spin-off sequel rustles my jimmies. Rumiko's other works are so much better. Can't we get the same for Ranma?

Been saying this for the last 2 years.   Give us a remake that looks like the old deen ova/movie quality each episode at the very least and add all the actual stuff missing from the manga like Lime/Herb and ryoga's pig loving gf.   Also make the mermaids scar as a movie

It was more popular in the western markets than it was in Japan compared to other anime. It still was fairly popular though, just that it had to contend with Dragon Ball in it's prime, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Sailor Moon later on. That's a hell of a stacked deck to compete with.

ppl arguing about best girl in Ranma......oh my old soul is pleased.  The og ojou laugh doe.   I would love to see some of the og va's act again in these new shows like Saeko Shimazu.   

Need more of her and  og's like Maria Kawamura.   They had a chick trying to do the laugh in the slayers  movie with the generic hand raise and Maria (Naga's va)  just laughed right over her phony copy cat wannabee ass 🤣