Stage Select

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition

11 minutes ago, Angel said:

These ppl get paid so poorly and are so overworked I doubt they care half of the time.   You can't convince me a lot of these shows arent just yakuza money laundering schemes.   

Can't wait for this next cour, tired of waiting on that princess principal movie.

You could very well be right. I mean these shows are really just ads for the Manga and Merch and shit anyway. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Yea for sure. Just because it's CGI or hand animated doesn't mean it's animated well, and a lot of the recent CGI in these shows is terribly animated. 

I dunno how the studio that did CGI Beserk can look at that show, then look at even one fucking panel from the Manga and go "Yea, this works."

It straight up comes down to planning. Folk will come up with the idea to save cash or time using computer generated animation early in the process. They may hire a external party or have folks in house they think are training with CGI only to see too far in the process they go something weak to not use it.

Common story in any business use what you got even if it is nasty. The time and money used are never as cheap as you and I may judge it.

Breh said that the dragon quest remake is a mixture of what?   lol

Oof you shonen casuals are too much.    I tried to give jujustu whatever a chance.   Just more generic shonen drivel with characters I could give zero shits about.   At least Akumadan drive doesn't pretend to be anything more than mindless violent bs lol.   I laugh every time that hot doctor gets murked and then stitches herself back together off screen.   The plot doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Moriarty,  Sports Climbing girls, and Elaina the Witch are probably the only shows I actually have to watch when they come out each week.    Waiting to bing the goodness that is Golden Kamuy, and I kinda not feeling wack ass higurashi.    I gotta pick up Talentless Nana again so I can see more mha ripoff character get murked...shit is always good for a cheap laugh. 

1 hour ago, Iduno said:

Magatsu Warheit is shaping up pretty well as well, completely different as a series but reminds me of when Attack on Bahamut turned out well despite being a phone game adaption.

Man I had completely forgotten that I had wanted to watch this.  Probably because of the weird ass name.   Tragic

edit:   breh really tried to compare this to the goat anime Rage of Bahamut?   I assume that is what they were talking about.   Bahamut had more budget in its first 10 seconds then this show has in the whole first episode....

My oldest niece, who has never been into anime, really, really likes Haikyu!!, the soccer series. I decided to watch a few episodes of the first season and it's not bad. Grant sports anime isn't usually my bag but I could see myself riding out the first season all the way through. I got her some of the managa for Christmas from where season 4 ends up she's only seen the first 2 seasons. She isn't into reading subs while watching anime and season 3 starts at vol. 18. Unfortunately, the vols I picked up don't cover season 3. I gotta do my research better.

2 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

My oldest niece, who has never been into anime, really, really likes Haikyu!!, the soccer series. I decided to watch a few episodes of the first season and it's not bad. Grant sports anime isn't usually my bag but I could see myself riding out the first season all the way through. I got her some of the managa for Christmas from where season 4 ends up she's only seen the first 2 seasons. She isn't into reading subs while watching anime and season 3 starts at vol. 18. Unfortunately, the vols I picked up don't cover season 3. I gotta do my research better.

Did you just call Volleyball Soccer?

Haikyu!! Is about Volleyball...

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Did you just call Volleyball Soccer?

Haikyu!! Is about Volleyball...

Oof! I cannot believe I made that mistake. I guess I could chalk it up to some lousy sleep and being a bit preoccupied but...

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

RegH1 did say sports we're not their bag.

Sports managa aren't my bag or really in general, but that is a massive goof on my part, nonetheless.

Haikyuu even means volley ball. Lol 

all I will say about Haikyuu (besides it being one of my favorites series of all time) is pay attention to Tsukishima.

If she wants a good and grounded soccer anime though than watch/read “Days!”. It’s super good. 

if you just want some prince of tennis style bonkers soccer just watch Captain Tsubasa. 

i don’t really like sports irl outside of Volley Bal (played for five years) but for whatever reasons sports anime is like god damn heroin to me. I can’t get enough of it 

Edited by iStu X

I can't watch Akudama Drive without hoping for at least one "SEARCH AND DESTROY"  lol, man I love me some Yoshiko Sakakibara.   She did so many great strong  females.  But I am pretty sure everyone from certain subsets of the anime fandom will know her from either Gundam, Sailor Moon, or Hellsing.    Especially all the Hama Karn simps on facebook, good god I never realized she was so popular with the mecha fandom.    Especially when everyone knows that Cima is the best gundam girl.    And Kamille, and of course Loran 🤣

11 hours ago, Angel said:

I can't watch Akudama Drive without hoping for at least one "SEARCH AND DESTROY"  lol, man I love me some Yoshiko Sakakibara.   She did so many great strong  females.  But I am pretty sure everyone from certain subsets of the anime fandom will know her from either Gundam, Sailor Moon, or Hellsing.    Especially all the Hama Karn simps on facebook, good god I never realized she was so popular with the mecha fandom.    Especially when everyone knows that Cima is the best gundam girl.    And Kamille, and of course Loran 🤣

Haman is one of the original 'step on me please' villain waifus. Loran lol only gets credit for showing more skin then most and probably being in dresses more then any non nobility or one off character in the franchise.

On 12/9/2020 at 10:44 PM, Wellman said:

Hope Sony takes a similar approach as they did with Funimation where they don't go too controlling nor cut staff at Crunchyroll or Otter.

I'm sure they're gonna be slashing staff before Christmas.  more than likely they'll merge the both of them into one and that omelet always ends up with some broken eggs.

Just finished the last episodes of SE4 of Haikyuu. So god damn good. 

Im mad I have to wait basically a whole year for the next season. I mean, I know the outcomes of all the matches but reading and watching just slap differently. For instance I loved watching Kurosuno vs. Shiratorizawa way more than reading it since Tsukishima’s block against Ushijima felt way more emotional and meaningful for everyone involved 

Edited by iStu X
15 hours ago, iStu X said:

Just finished the last episodes of SE4 of Haikyuu. So god damn good. 

Im mad I have to wait basically a whole year for the next season. I mean, I know the outcomes of all the matches but reading and watching just slap differently. For instance I loved watching Kurosuno vs. Shiratorizawa way more than reading it since Tsukishima’s block against Ushijima felt way more emotional and meaningful for everyone involved 

This is Initial D for me. I tried reading it. 

It's not the same...at all. 

Edited by RSG3

I need help Megafans, anyone got some new Shonen/fighting animes that aren't crap? I'm so out of the loop I can't figure it out anymore.

Last one I watched was Fire Force, and I throw on G Gundam/Gundam Build Fighters/Jojos and power through episodes every now and then. But for genuinely new experiences I'm at a loss.

6 minutes ago, AYO?! said:

I need help Megafans, anyone got some new Shonen/fighting animes that aren't crap? I'm so out of the loop I can't figure it out anymore.

Last one I watched was Fire Force, and I throw on G Gundam/Gundam Build Fighters/Jojos and power through episodes every now and then. But for genuinely new experiences I'm at a loss.

Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer) seems to be a safe bet.  I think people are hype about Jujutsu Kaisen atm too, but I haven't watched it.

I'm a few seasons behind on anime.

demon slayer is mid but has that ufotable animation.    Too bad that so called animation is carefully hidden cgi which is still pretty impressive.   If you want to see actual great animation in fight scenes check out mob psychos second season and fate grand orders anime series.  Both are sakuga fest.    I also enjoyed Deca Dence that is very reminiscent of trigger shows and Akudama drive which is probably gonna scratch that mindless fighting itch with great animation/music as well as some of my favorite og va's

edit: ya'll better stop sleeping on Golden motherfucking Kamuy

3 minutes ago, rukawa_kaede said:

it actually is, one of the few shows i can think of that improves on the manga instead of making it worse *cough*berserk*cough*.

Hey OG Berserk was amazing, the new ones though are rough. Which is sad I wanted to see Guts on a boat adventure in glorious new technology.

2 minutes ago, AYO?! said:

Hey OG Berserk was amazing, the new ones though are rough. Which is sad I wanted to see Guts on a boat adventure in glorious new technology.

hey I still like them because berserk i could watch the rest of the series like this if it meat they can finally finish it,

the very first one i haven't watched

golden age is alright the thing i don't like it doesn't have any demons.