Stage Select

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition

2 hours ago, Angel said:

What ass?  :coffee:

Weebs really going out of their way to prove how trash they are right now

I am sad that no one is talking about Cooking Master Boy but this is what we have become. 

I started watching anime again after a year-long hiatus.  Slowly catching up with everything now.

I'll let you know when I am caught up and we can bitch together.

1 minute ago, Angel said:

What you watching?   About to upload metal armor dragonar on facepage if I can get away with it.

Finished Build Divers Re-Rise, which was surprisingly quite good.  Build Divers really really sucked, so Re-Rise was a pleasant surprise...it does have furries though.

Also finished Maou Gakuin -- trash, as expected.

Now re-watching Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei S1 so I can be underwhelmed by Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei S2.  Story isn't any better than I remember but the animation quality is pretty good.  That series had an animation budget and it shows.

2 minutes ago, Angel said:

Oof that boi punishing himself with them shit shows.   Best thing about Build Divers is Magees fat ass XD

Build Fighters has disappointed more and more with every successive season.  Re-Rise gives me hope for the franchise -- it was way better than I thought it would be.

Every season I usually watch the great shows first and then finish up by watching trash.  I decided to do it in reverse this time.

I gotta check out this weeks episode of Back Arrow and see where it is going. 

Wonder Egg is holding my interest through it's weirdness and great animation alone.   Like it's topic matter but it makes me wonder how ppl can see a show about trauma and pretend to identify with it when they never even dealt with half of that and then turn around and flaunt their deviance in front of real victims of sexual assault.  These ppl really make me hate this fandom more and more.  

I dunno about Back Arrow, didn't like the first episode much but the way the mechs work has the potential to be really cool, gonna give it a chance.

I dunno about Build Divers, I felt the first season was pretty shit in general but had a few things they did well like the training at the start to get them to realise it's just a fucking game so they needn't sell everything like it's fucking death and the first antagonist who is basically just a guy who's salty that the new game killed his scene lol, it don't excempt is from the mountain of fucking dumb shit that was the rest of the season but those points stood out.

Re-Rise was better on the whole but outside of some pretty nice fights I didn't think there was much that stood out about it, it was there, it was decent, I'll have forgot about it in a couple of seasons.

The real question in all this though is why the fuck Bandai jumped to Re-Rise when they left off Build Fighters Tri teasing the new team going to worlds and possibly facing Sei, when the fuck we getting that?

Wonder Egg and Ura Sekai Picnic are kind of reminding me of Flip Flappers, so definitely keeping up with them.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:55 AM, Psychoblue said:

It still blows my mind that these three pages are not just the same artist, but the same character.  Dude must have had a midlife crisis during production.

Too bad it was the first iteration that got the anime deal.  Maybe some day it'll get a proper adaptation that isn't more known for being mad sus than being actually good.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Which manga is that? 

Oh, Rosario X Vampire, i actually started that manga years ago, but stopped because the fansub i read went under and by the time there wasnt other doing the translation.

I actually kinda liked it.

I dont doubt is trashy, but hey, there are shit i liked that i know is bad, and there are shit i dislike that i know is good, lol.

7 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I don't...but...how....what?

surprised owl GIF

The artwork evolved enough and the sus moments calmed down enough over time that I decided it was worth the investment after someone spotted me a few of the volumes out of order.   My local comic shop recently opened around the time I was looking to get the whole ensemble  (2015 I think?) so it led to a lot of easy Buy 1 get 1s, and from there it was just waiting for the English publisher to wrap up what I had already seen online.  

I started collecting JP only SF anthologies too but those are harder to find and a lot more expensive than the SJ brand's paperbacks.  I did however find the rest of the Vampire Savior manga.  @Hecatom Your bro got in touch with me a while ago about translating that but it's been about a month now, I'll Dm him and see what's up after I finish setting up some Frosty Faustings stuff.  

Edited by Psychoblue
2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I buy my manga digitally now through comixology. If there’s a series I really, really love or I can’t get digitally I’ll buy physically. 

for instance I have physical copies every volume of Hi-Score Girl released so far in the west since it’s not available on comixology. 

Whenever the rest of the Daigo manga comes out in English that's a Day 1 buy as well.  I use that to explain to my co-workers why I'm into these games as heavy as I am.  

48 minutes ago, beesuit said:

You mean you didn't show them DoA?

The most I tell them about DOA is how Big E is a brick wall of a human being and shatters every single gamer stereotype they might have, also that it has a strong contingent of female players so that they don't think it's a bunch of horny mouthbreathers they play it like it's Senran Kagura.  

I was chilling and watching anime when this travesty happened:

XlcAw5g.jpg

Half the episode is them playing SFV, complete with gameplay footage.  My day is ruined.  Worst anime of all time.

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

[hentai meme]

Considering that lady is also a people-eating monster it's safe to say the RE8 team just wanted to put hentai monsters in their game.