Stage Select

The Metroid Thread: The E.M.M.I. just want a hug! (Dread Available Now)

I'm honestly more hyoe about this than if they had revealed Metroid Prime 4.  I've been wanting a 2D Metroid for Switch since I got it.  I was even hoping for maybe a port of Samus Returns on Switch, and would have been happy to get that.  But to have a brand new game?  I haven't been this excited about the Switch since Mario Maker 2 reveal.  By far the best thing to come from this entire E3 event.

1 hour ago, Camacho said:

Might be enough for me to finally get a switch. I bought a 3ds primarily for Samus Returns, was very happy with that game. 

What pushed me to get mine was Prime 4 being announced. Honestly, I don't regret it, it's a very nice handheld that you can plug in a TV. Library is pretty good too.

It was desperately needing a Metroid game on it. 

Btw, there were TWO Dread sessions on the Treehouse. Turns out I missed the 2nd. Gonna link the vids in the OP too.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Volt said:

@M A R T I A Nand whoever is a Metroid fan.

This game looks really good. Honestly can't wait. What do y'all expect out of it?

It looks like they’re bringing the stalker aspect back from Fusion with multiple types of robots that hunt you throughout the map.  I’m all for that. Metroid has this great capacity to tell sci-fi Horror stories and I always felt they peaked at doing that with Fusion.

I’m  really curious to know what’s going on with the story and where it takes place in the timeline. Fusion pretty much sits at the end of everything so they could really do anything they want to move the story forward if it’s post Fusion.

Pretty sure we see a Chozo sabotaging Samus during the trailer. Wonder what that’s about…

27 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

It looks like they’re bringing the stalker aspect back from Fusion with multiple types of robots that hunt you throughout the map.  I’m all for that. Metroid has this great capacity to tell sci-fi Horror stories and I always felt they peaked at doing that with Fusion.

I’m  really curious to know what’s going on with the story and where it takes place in the timeline. Fusion pretty much sits at the end of everything so they could really do anything they want to move the story forward if it’s post Fusion.

Pretty sure we see a Chozo sabotaging Samus during the trailer. Wonder what that’s about…

A tweet from Nintendo of America said it was a sequel to Fusion. If so I want this game to make use of Samus metriod biology. 

8 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

A tweet from Nintendo of America said it was a sequel to Fusion. If so I want this game to make use of Samus metriod biology. 

I just realized. Samus drains energy from that Aurora Unit-like thing to power her cannon up.

Could it be because of her DNA? As in, she grabbed that brain and could absorb energy because she's part Metroid now? 🤔

Man Samus goes through more changes on a cellular level than even Bruce Banner.

The Chozo enhanced her strength through cellular manipulation. Then she becomes corrupted with Phazon. Then she has to play host to the X Parasite which even further altered her DNA. The only reason she’s probably even still alive now is because of the way the Chozo groomed her into a super human.

Much like how she could absorb bits of the parasite in Fusion, I assume she can still take advantage of it somehow with her altered DNA.

36 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Man Samus goes through more changes on a cellular level than even Bruce Banner.

The Chozo enhanced her strength through cellular manipulation. Then she becomes corrupted with Phazon. Then she has to play host to the X Parasite which even further altered her DNA. The only reason she’s probably even still alive now is because of the way the Chozo groomed her into a super human.

Much like how she could absorb bits of the parasite in Fusion, I assume she can still take advantage of it somehow with her altered DNA.

Her DNA ultimately gets altered to where she can bend space-time, and she falls back millenia,to become the 1st Chozo.

The Chozo One, as were.

:coffee:

8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I guess I need to play Fusion and Super Metroid. I started Super many years ago and must have gotten stuck because I stopped playing it and have never really played Fusion. 

I want to say the last Metroid game I played was Prime Hunters and Pinball 😂

You should play Zero Mission, Super, and Fusion. Samus Returns on 3DS if possible. 

2 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I played the original Samus Returns on GameBoy back in the day. Great game. Maybe I'll do Super once I finish up Dark Souls. 

I actually like Game boy Samus Returns a decent amount, but it's pretty old, limited, and hard to go back to so I thought I would recommend the newer more...modern day friendly version lol. 

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

I actually like Game boy Samus Returns a decent amount, but it's pretty old, limited, and hard to go back to so I thought I would recommend the newer more...modern day friendly version lol. 

I don't understand why they'd bring returns to 3ds and not switch. Guess emulation will be the way RE Zero Mission and Fusion but I'm going to set my sights on Super since it's on SNES online. Isn't Zero or Fusion a remake of the first game? I played the hell out of that one when I was a kid. I loved how weird it was and how well they did the "solo explorer on a weird hostile lonely planet" thing. 

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

It's really a bummer that Nintendo doesn't have GBA, GB, or DS games available on switch.

Dude, for real.  I really want to play through Fusion again before Dread, and I don't have a way of doing that since I don't have the game.  It was available on the Wii U shop, but I'm not sure if Nintendo is even supporting that anymore.  And my Wii U is packed up in the garage anyway.

45 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

In glad to see Mercurysteam not only still getting work, but doing good work as well. 

I liked Lord's of Shadow and thought the hate the series got was really unwarranted. Wasn't perfect, had issues but was a pretty good series over all and I'm glad to see them still doing work in series I like. 

Oh, you liked Lord's of Shadow too? My dawg. never got to play the 2nd but the first was good fun and a worth edition to Castlevania. ✊🏾