Stage Select

The Metroid Thread: The E.M.M.I. just want a hug! (Dread Available Now)

Purple is definitely on some shit especially if you don't have the gravity suit.  The moment you step into the zone it's like touching a spider web.  He's immediately on you and then you try to hid and hope he goes away but it doesn't matter cause the moment you move AT ALL it knows you're there.

Edit:  eventually I had to just be like fuck it and just go for running foe it and I eventually made it.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Purple is definitely on some shit especially if you don't have the gravity suit.  The moment you step into the zone it's like touching a spider web.  He's immediately on you and then you try to hid and hope he goes away but it doesn't matter cause the moment you move AT ALL it knows you're there.

Edit:  eventually I had to just be like fuck it and just go for running foe it and I eventually made it.

Pretty much. I had a lot less issues with the EMMI when I decided to just book it.

Taking my time and exploring comes after I bust their heads open like coconuts. The cloak is just for the times they pretty much already spawn on your way and you need to buy some time while they move out.

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Yeah, I don't have Gravity Suit yet and this one has been giving me the most trouble. 

Spoiler

Got through about half the EMMI zone and copped the Ice Missiles and Storm Missiles, now I'm making my way back to get that Chozo item they tease at the beginning of the area. Think I can access it with Storm Missiles now. I'm going to try to avoid the water as much as possible- that fucking EMMI is a bitch.  So much fun though lol.

I generally hit Chozo soldiers with a charge shot first then spam missle, when Im unable to do either, spam regular shots. Those fights never go over 2 minutes for me

And I finally took out that blue fuck, killed him on my 2nd try after finding the Omega Canon. Honestly, that confrontation was ALOT easier since you had some breathing room. Tricked him into climbing the ceiling so I could wail on him then may him climb up a platform  and popped him soon as he stuck his head out. Very satisfying 

9 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

ricked him into climbing the ceiling so I could wail on him then may him climb up a platform  and popped him soon as he stuck his head out. Very satisfying

That's exactly what I did, lol. Felt good to kill that fuck, but it'll feel even better to get the purple asshole.

Edit: I'm not saying I want a purple asshole- that doesn't sound fun at all.  I meant it'll feel better to kill the purple EMMI.

Edited by Chadouken
Clarification.
18 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I generally hit Chozo soldiers with a charge shot first then spam missle, when Im unable to do either, spam regular shots. Those fights never go over 2 minutes for me

And I finally took out that blue fuck, killed him on my 2nd try after finding the Omega Canon. Honestly, that confrontation was ALOT easier since you had some breathing room. Tricked him into climbing the ceiling so I could wail on him then may him climb up a platform  and popped him soon as he stuck his head out. Very satisfying 

Before learning about the storm missiles I would fish for a counter. If I can land two they die quick. But these assholes like using the fire uppercut.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

That's exactly what I did, lol. Felt good to kill that fuck, but it'll feel even better to get the purple asshole.

Edit: I'm not saying I want a purple asshole- that doesn't sound fun at all.  I meant it'll feel better to kill the purple EMMI.

Soon as I walked thru the door that purple one's sensor went off, I decided I was gonna stop there today. I already see this bout to get on my nerves😂

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah, I don't have Gravity Suit yet and this one has been giving me the most trouble. 

Hide contents

Got through about half the EMMI zone and copped the Ice Missiles and Storm Missiles, now I'm making my way back to get that Chozo item they tease at the beginning of the area. Think I can access it with Storm Missiles now. I'm going to try to avoid the water as much as possible- that fucking EMMI is a bitch.  So much fun though lol.

I recommend you go look for it. Gravity Suit makes a huge difference in there. 

1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

Word, I'll try to find it tonight.  But I have to make it across the EMMI zone first because I'm trapped on the other side of it right now.  I think I can go over the water section though.

Yea I turned around about halfway through there when I couldn't make it past a cold section, and found getting out easier then getting in. Might have gotten some lucky EMMI behavior tho. 

16 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

getting the gravity suit early involves a series of difficult shine sparks. If you have access to the green teleport you can do it.

Right on.  I've been  solving them as I come across them, though sometimes it takes quite a few tries.  I'm getting better at it though- a little different feel from Super Metroid.

I'll find it, no more hints.

Speaking of hints- those blue butterflies? They appear resting on the very first Omega Beam eyeball at the beginning of the game (the one for the broken EMMI).  They're just chilling there and flutter away as you approach.  I definitely think they are a subtle hint to help point you in the direction of shit you need to do.

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Beat the game. Clear time of 10:18:52. I have 79% collected. 

Nice work.  You guys are all getting pretty good times.  I've played for three hours each night since release so that's about 15 hours and I feel like I still have a bunch of exploring to do.  Albeit a chunk of that time has gone to retrying EMMI zones after getting got and a couple boss fights, and looking at the map.  I wonder how much in-game time I'm at.  Is there a way to check?

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I realized in my second run that chozo robot soldiers go down easier when you use the storm missiles on them. 

I have a super rough time setting *that* up because keeping track of both while planting targets without getting hit is tough.

I did see someone Shinespark into one, so if you can set that up, do it. The damage is ridiculous.

The last 2 Dread reports

https://metroid.nintendo.com/news/metroid-dread-report-vol-9/

https://metroid.nintendo.com/news/metroid-dread-report-vol-10/

9 is just going over the controls but 10 is actually more interesting since it gives a bit more insight into making the game.  I think her regular suit in this game is probably my favorite design for out of all the games so far.  The new color is nice and it's not as slim as her Other M design so I'd say they definitely hit what they were going for with her.

I'm surprised that Jaffe can't seem to appreciate the way it's showing and not telling.  I mean if you've been playing the game up to that point and you see enemies in the room then most people probably would have shot up there in the first place to test the walls.  The game pretty teaches you that out of the gate not to mention the fact that it's Metroid 101.  Not only do they let you see the room above there with enemies but they also have an enemy upside down on the wall above increasing the chances of you shooting up there and discovering that the wall is breakable.  I don't know what else Jaffe wants aside from a big fucking arrow pointing up there lol.

Trying to get the gravity suit early is THE single most aggravating thing in the game. I can't get this bitch Samus to consistently shinepsark for shit, I remember it being much easier to do in Super Metroid. Had to turn the game off for awhile before I throw a controller through the screen 😑

Edited by HD-Man
33 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Trying to get the gravity suit early is THE single most aggravating thing in the game. I can't get this bitch Samus to consistently shinepsark for shit, I remember it being much easier to do in Super Metroid. Had to turn the game off for awhile before I throw a controller through the screen 😑

Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you Mr. David Jaffe 😉

Side notes: All jokes aside, Shinesparking is a bitch. Although when I finally get it right I find it satisfying. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
50 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you Mr. David Jaffe 😉

Side notes: All jokes aside, Shinesparking is a bitch. Although when I finally get it right I find it satisfying. 

I got like to the final spot hill then shinesparked upward instead of to the right to get through those speed blocks. After like the 50th attemp I had to stop and decompress 😭

Ima try again later but goddammit 

4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Start boosting, when you're at full speed, tap down while on the ground.

To let er rip, press B with no directional input. You can aim during the startup.

If you need to practice, the transport rooms with the trains are great. No enemies and long enough to Boost and try out stuff.