Stage Select

The Metroid Thread: The E.M.M.I. just want a hug! (Dread Available Now)

8 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Fusion is arguably my favorite Metroid after Super of course. Brought that horror element to the forefront with SA-X and used more involved storytelling. A bit linear for a Metroid title but that didn't detract much from it. 

Yeah, barring some slight issues with the game going out of its way to annoy you on backtracking, it's a really good game.

Accidentally missing an item in Fusion feels baaaaad tho.

23 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

So don't watch the GameXplain review of Dread.  It's got some pretty big spoilers in it.  I'm really pissed at myself for watching it.

@ChadoukenMegashock Gazette Headline!

CHAD WANTS GAMEXPLAIN DEAD FOR SPOILING DREAD!

by: Sonic "Fastest Reporter Alive" Human

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, Chadouken said:

So don't watch the GameXplain review of Dread.  It's got some pretty big spoilers in it.  I'm really pissed at myself for watching it.

Why are you watching reviews in the first place? 🤣

Ah, screw it. If y'all got any questions, holla at your boy. 👀

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Fusion is my favorite game. The guiding can be annoying but the atmosphere and the difficulty made up for it.

You're gonna *love* Dread.

9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

One improvement from Samus Returns is that the parry doesn't slow down the pace like it did for that game. You get the cue as soon as the enemy attacks. Parries give you more drops as well. 

And enemies aren't spongy like SR's, so you don't need to rely on it as much.

The animations on this game are incredible, you seen Samus do a Flash Kick-like counter off slide?

Controls are smooth af in general on this game.

The E.M.M.I are as terrifying as advertised. 

Overall, the game is really, really good.

Spoiler

Fuck Kraid. Motherfucker is annoying as ever. I swear I pumped over 60 missiles on that ass and he was still kicking.

• Volt changed the title to The Metroid Thread: The E.M.M.I. just want a hug! (Dread Available Now)

Someone already put the music up on Youtube.

The ones we heard in the first trailer were these, so it's safe to say these are spoiler-free if you just wanna enjoy something while waiting for your physical copies:

Naturally, spoilering them because 2 embed vids take a lot of space and it kinda tells a bit about the boss names. The links lead to a playlist with most of them. (4 songs already seem to be unavailable and some are out of the order you first hear them.)

Spoiler

Already snatched it all. The music is really good for the most part. I liked a lot of them and they just sound as nice in-game.

Edited by Volt
9 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The first time ever in this series I am disappointed with the Varia suit. I really liked the blue in the new power suit. I want it back.

My first was in Fusion. That Varia is UGLY.

Blue really suits Samus.

I wonder if people will do some texture mods for it?

Was able to walk right in and grab Dread. Just beat the first boss, unlocked a certain ability and made it to the 2nd major area.

Of course, I died like a dozen times already to the EMMI, I hate to see those mfers comin, having an escape route planned is paramount to success. Somehow I always alert then unless I stand still, in which case they'll eventually bump into me 😑

Gonna stop here for today, got work in a few. 

7 hours ago, Volt said:

Some people aren't this lucky.

Dread is selling so much that Amazon can't handle the demand.

Amazon did me like that with Samus Returns back when that dropped. Got it a day or two later, but unless there is a sale I avoid launch purchases of games from them.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Bruh

Reveal hidden contents

Lost my fucking mind at the Quiet Robe scene. Living Chozo, Raven Beak named and having his motives explained, Samus actually talking, lower brinstar music remix for the scene. 

the last airbender omg GIF

What the fuck, you speedrunning this? 🤣

I really wish there was a different button config for this tho, still not entirely used to free aim, especially it being on the left trigger (never got around to playing Samus Returns so I don't have the experience of using it).

I thought it'd be second nature to me, but it's not. Then again, I'm not very far into the game so maybe it'll come with time