Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

25 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Holy crap, I rushed through Rose's story mode and I'm hyped and shook for the future of SF.

-Title of Rose's storymode: back to Alpha

-Select Rose for Story mode:

"At the risk of my life!"

-Rose has to tend to a matter only she can handle after training with Menat

-Bison dead, but Rose tells Oro there's a "new power" she senses. Oro can't sense evil or good, but it's connected to nature.

-Rose and G fight, akin to his fight with Gill, G loses. Rose begins talking with G and he somewhat, disturbingly drops his act. He is the end of all things. Bison was one part of the chaos coming and with G, his future will destroy the world and possibly the universe. Rose knows what G is and it's bad.  While cryptic, this is bad, Rose pretty much is spelling that this is doom and gloom and cannot be prevented, but now, Rose is wondering if possible to pull a Days of Future Past and send her consciousness back to her former self.

-Her final line is a call back to the title of her story.  "back to Zero"

-Could this be a hint for the next SF? Looks like it. Whatever G is, his power appears new and my theory of him secretly being a bad guy looks to be true, but also, yes, he appeared after Bison's death.  This definitely is gonna need another replay from me, I'm adding this to me video stat!

It has been a long while before a Character Story mode was this deep and plot driven. And I enjoyed it very very much.

Granted, I was one of the few who didn't want Rose to come back, and that Menat would've been the perfect successor to Rose. But I'm glad she's back now. And the story mode foreshadows something dire ahead. Even after defeating Shadaloo, we're still headed to the End of Days. Rose mentioning Glacier falling into the Ocean (or something along those lines), was that a reference to SFIII?

I'm not all for retconing and time travel. Ed Boon and MK has done than many a times already. So I'm not sure how I feel about Rose possibly going back in time to change the fate of everything. But hey, at least the plot is moving forward a little bit. And I am here for it!

Rose to Abigail: "Brute force is doomed to fail against one who sees all."
Abigail to Rose: "Guess you can't predict when I'm gonna crash into ya!"

Rose to Akuma: "The pursuit of power beyond the reach of the human realm costs more than you could ever imagine."
Akuma to Rose: "Divination is for the weak."

Rose to Alex: "Unless you confront the threat that lies before you, you will never awaken your true power."
Alex to Rose: "Rough times ahead, huh? Sounds like fun."

Rose to Balrog: "Hands that grasp at all around them will lose touch with what matters."
Balrog to Rose: "Get the hell outta my face, witch! No way you're scammin' me!"

Rose to Birdie: "Gluttony harms the body. You Don't need to be a fortune teller to see that." 
Birdie to Rose: "You want me to shed a few stone, eh? What, you fancy a date with me or somethin'?"

Rose to Blanka: "This Blanka-chan doll has been well received...Indeed fate is not without its whimsy."
Blanka to Rose: "I can see the future, too! A clear night means good weather tomorrow!"

Rose to Cammy: "Fix your eyes on the past and you miss the future. Perhaps you knew that already."
Cammy to Rose: "I know the fight ahead. My future can start once it's done."

Rose to Chun-Li: "In pursuing a certain individual, you invite the company of danger."
Chun-Li to Rose: "I know I'm destined to fight, but I WILL put an end to it someday!"

Rose to Cody: "Your past, present, and future selves are all connected."
Cody to Rose: "Nobody thought a street rat like me could be mayor, so who knows what could happen?"

Rose to Dan: "Folly is the mask worn by the...Hmm, I see no harm in you walking your own path."
Dan to Rose: "I-I actually won. H-Hey, stop giving me that look! You're creepin' me out!"

Rose to Dhalsim: "You can sense it too, can you not? This immense power and where it leads..."
Dhalsim to Rose: "All is as the god Agni foretells."

Rose to Ed: "I see potential in you. I hope you will make the right choice when the time comes."
Ed to Rose: "Don't gimme this right-and-wrong crap! I just gotta do what I gotta do!"

Rose to Falke: "I see your fates were twisted by his cruel hands."
Falke to Rose: "Though the future may be bleak, the present is ours to shape."

Rose to F.A.N.G: "Far deadlier than the poison you wield is the loyalty you pledge to your leader."
F.A.N.G to Rose: "I shall have to analyze this Soul Power further. You will make an interesting test subject!"

Rose to G: "Your card is The World. The power you wield foretells of..." *gasp*
G to Rose: "Perhaps you can see it now, citizen of Earth. I am the beginning and the end!"

Rose to Gill: "I can see time flow within you. The history of your society perhaps?"
Gill to Rose: "You can see all that has been and will be? Hmm. Intriguing."

Rose to Guile: "Some look for trouble, while for others trouble finds them."
Guile to Rose: "On the battlefield, a soldier must also learn to see ahead."

Rose to Honda: "A large bathhouse may be tempting to some, but I prefer to bathe alone."
Honda to Rose: "I hear you love a good bath! You should take a load off at my bathhouse!"

Rose to Ibuki: "Naivety has great potential. I see opportunities to better yourself in your future."
Ibuki to Rose: "Seriously?! That's my future?! Even more brutal training?! Count me out!"

Rose to Juri: "Your eye foretells of a bleak and tragic future. You are being used."
Juri to Rose: "Fortune?! I got your fortune right here: you're gonna die!"

Rose to Kage: "Every light casts a shadow, but that shadow can never eclipse the light from where it came."
Kage to Rose: "Your future contains only death and despair! Embrace them! Fear them! Bwa ha ha ha!"

Rose to Karin: "While I see you possess great power, you must learn to wield it."
Karin to Rose: "The Kanzuki Royal Family has never faltered in the past, nor will it do so in the future."

Rose to Ken: "Your passion burns like the midday sun. But what will you do when nighttime approaches?"
Ken to Rose: "Fate doesn't make decisions--we do. That's what I'm gonna tell my kid."

Rose to Kolin: "I see you lying in the snow weeping...Nothing has changed since then."
Kolin to Rose: "Fortune tellers should mind their own business. Get out of my sight."

Rose to Laura: "Continue along your current path and you will find what you seek."
Laura to Rose: "I love all those HYAHs and BAMs you do! Ha ha ha!"

Rose to Lucia: "Something troubles you, but I would focus on your profession if I were you."
Lucia to Rose: "So you're the fortune teller Cody was talkin' about. I mean...wow, you ARE a looker."

Rose to M. Bison: "I can see it....I can see your future, and it ends here and now!"

M. Bison to Rose: "Your future is in my hands, and I shall wring it dry! Bwa ha ha ha!"
Psycho Miasma Bison to Rose: "You don't look so well, Rose...Did you have a bad dream? Heh heh heh..."

Rose to Menat: "To know fate is to battle with the future. Seers of the future must carry those words with them."
Menat to Rose: "I know what you're thinking, Master: "You were amazing. You're the best, Menat." Hee hee."

Rose to Nash: "You are prepared to sacrifice body and soul for your cause. It's not up to me to stop you."
Nash to Rose: "I will put a stop to him. My future after that? I don't care."

Rose to Necalli: "Return, creature. Return to the distant time from which you came."
Necalli to Rose: "I am beyond-ond-ond-ond...time-ime-ime-ime..."

Rose to Poison: "Even if I told you your future could be a field of roses, you would turn away."
Poison to Rose: "I do things my way, so if anyone's changin' my future, it's yours truly!"

Rose to R. Mika: "The path you walk is simple and as straight as an arrow."
R. Mika to Rose: "My future's just me going straight into the ring, then straight home to train!"

Rose to Rashid: "The winds blow strong, but I see where they lead."
Rashid to Rose: "You're a babe, but this whole "strict teacher" thing you got going on is kinda harshing my style."

Rose to Rose: "As a seer of the future, only I can do what must be done. It is my destiny."

Rose to Ryu: "Your path will take you on a journey greater than you realize. That is what I envision."
Ryu to Rose: "My future may be decided, but I will not stray from my path."

Rose to Sagat: "Your eyes shall always be fixated on ever loftier peaks."
Sagat to Rose: "Let fate decide whatever it wants; I will always be emperor."

Rose to Sakura: "Discipline, friendship, and connection...You seem to have chosen a fine path to walk."
Sakura to Rose: "Hey, if you can read fortunes, you can tell me when I'll get a better job, right?"

Rose to Seth: "So this, too, is the work of Bison's twisted mind..."
Seth to Rose: "Soul Power data not found. Adding to database..."

Rose to Urien: "Your card, the King of Wands, is reversed. You undermine your own autonomy."
Urien to Rose: "Enough of your tricks! Bow before your king!"

Rose to Vega: "Those who understand true beauty would not find it in you."
Vega to Rose: "The passage of time leads to nothing but destruction. What could be more beautiful?"

Rose to Zangief: "I would read your fortune, if there were a need. But you seem well aware of your fate."
Zangief to Rose: "I am Red Cyclone, both now and in future!"

Rose to Zeku: "Your technique reminds me of...I see. So you're his master..."
Zeku to Rose: "The unusual gives rise to the untoward..."

Edited by Doctrine_Dark

Hey guys, it's been a while.😜

Hope everyone is ok with all this COVID thing STILL going on.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Rose's story in really interesting. At least to me.

Reveal hidden contents

I wonder what she saw? Is she going to send a vision of what she saw to herself in the past 🤔

It was interesting, but also frustrating, specially knowing how Capcom handle the SF story....

44 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I beat SFV Arcade Mode with Rose. She is thirsty for Guy 🤣

Edit: Unrelated  side note. I turned Strider Hiryu's master and supposedly Zeku's Strider successor into a character. Kuramoto is in SFVI...well my SFVI.

Did you manage to see her Alpha ladder ending? 

31 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

-Her final line is a call back to the title of her story.  "back to Zero"

-Could this be a hint for the next SF? Looks like it. Whatever G is, his power appears new and my theory of him secretly being a bad guy looks to be true, but also, yes, he appeared after Bison's death.  This definitely is gonna need another replay from me, I'm adding this to me video stat!

6 minutes ago, Dracu said:

Between Bison's experiments with Psycho Power (which still reside in the Neo-Shadaloo guys), Akuma falling deeper and deeper into the Satsui no Hado and possibly being destined to become Oni, Gill trying to speed all the destruction up in order to come out as the savior (and probably being way in over his head. Could he turn good, once Rose goes back and proves he's full of shit? 😮) , there's so much that can tie together nicely.

We basically have set-up the story for both SF6 and SF7 with this: SF6, showing the destruction of everything, SF7 fixing it, ala Endgame.

Pretty interesting. 

Sorry but... that could also mean that they could be done with this 30 years story arc and that was it. Just start over... from SF Zero. I really hope thay don't pull a Raiden from MK9 by sending Rose's consciousness back to SFZ/Z2 time so that she can fix everything. That could be even BEFORE that.

From what she mentioned, it was Vega/Bison's misuse of Psycho Power that started it all.... However, she's also a user of the same power, and she and Vega are soul linked (if they didn't change that in her SFA ladder ending). I wonder if she ever misused it as well? Even if by a brief moment?

She also mentions she destroyed Shadaloo and Vega, probably a mistranslation @Miðgarðsorm?

The glacier falling in the ocean probably has something to do with Gill. The destruction done by Shadaloo was what Gill used to proclaim himself the savior of the world towards the Secret Society. Probably he will try something else that could go terribly wrong... bringing doom to the world.

A pity Capcom might not explore the full potential of this....

33 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Psycho Miasma Bison to Rose: "You don't look so well, Rose...Did you have a bad dream? Heh heh heh..."

That's Vega's winning quote to Rose in the jap version of SFZ3. However there, he specifically mentions that she's pale. 

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's a variation of her Alpha 2 ending. Except she does not seem fearful or surprised that Bison isn't finished. In SFV Rose is more confident and seems to be thinking of a contingency plain.

I see, well, not surprising. Characters that appeared in Z2 usually had that ending portrayed instead of the Z3 one. Thanks!

Sooooooo.... they still are master/student that share the same soul...

@mykkaThey could do both. Not the whole thing would be rebooted, just a few events

Edited by Lord_Vega

@Lord_Vega Welcome aboard dude! Just in time for this whopper!

I do hope they avoid the MK9 or a series reboot at all costs, but do something interesting and clever.

I noticed something. I've been working on a vid about the future of SF, but this intersected nicely. So in the plot guide for Alpha one it notes:

"Her age is unknown, but she is someone Chun-Li would consider middle aged.”

Now, with Rose potentially sending back her consciousness Days of Future Past style, do we know how far back that's going? Alpha seems like it, but what if it's further? She wants to stop the seed from ever sprouting.

Battle costumes aren't canon, but...Dan's got me thinking:

"“This here is Rose as a war-hardened veteran! She looks like a real badass, right?! But what’s with the messed-up scarf? It’s all frayed at the end. Doesn’t she earn a fortune on fortune-telling? She should get a new one.”"

Interesting that the default colours have her hair brown, her armored like an Assassin's Creed character, a time-worn scarf and being described as war-hardned. Could I be reading too much into this, or is this a glimpse of Rose leading the resistance in fashionable threads?

Also, I'm wondering about G. For a while I've thought, he's totally human, but recently, with the level of his power, what if he's human, possessed or wielding the power of a cosmic force? I just hope he's not an alien or a god.

Interesting times indeed. Man, I still can't believe this season wasn't even supposed to happen, I'm so glad it did. Dang, Oro's story looks like it could be important now too.

6 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Interesting that the default colours have her hair brown, her armored like an Assassin's Creed character, a time-worn scarf and being described as war-hardned. Could I be reading too much into this, or is this a glimpse of Rose leading the resistance in fashionable threads?

I wouldn't be surprised if her SFV story is setting up Rose as a Chizuru type figure who is actively pulling strings in an attempt to stop whatever threat is on the horizon.

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Except she does not seem fearful or surprised that Bison isn't finished. In SFV Rose is more confident and seems to be thinking of a contingency plan.

Considering how she encountered Akuma as her special encounter in Alpha 2, in which she learns about the SnH, she was probably planning on warning Ryu/getting him ready for the battle against Bison in case things on her end failed during the Alpha 3 period.

On a general note, it's great to finally have Rose back in SFV. Can't to start using her a lot though I find it strange that they didn't address anything to do with Ed/Falke considering how Menat came to warn the former about the future unless Rose has things planned to deal with him.

Edited by N-Tactix

I'm okay for an ALPHA remake but this time with SF3 characters joined with new characters from SF5 and SF4 characters around. 

Then without filler characters that aren't necessary to plot. Preserve iconic characters and no to character deaths. It's better to a continuous expanding franchise because it's a fighting game.

It's okay that it's something narrative driven and keeping the established but with slight differences in events  instead of rebooting the whole universe like JOJO did, which erase existence of characters and change their personalities.

Days of the Future Past kind of Reboot  > JOJO Steel ball Run kind of Reboot (Worst than SF3 situation it's kinda ditching almost everything) Kinda have a chance also of turning characters to the worst version of themselves to comply with the trends and fads of modern audience.

Alpha was the peak of everything. And also retcon itself. It has also confusing narrative and multiple version of Bison being destroyed. So a reboot that fix everything is the better for awhile. SF3 has many questionable plot holes because it was designed to separate itself from the rest of SF games that made it like it existed from a different game.

Capcom did tried hard on reconnecting the rest of SF to SF3, by doing SF4 retelling SF2 multiple times and SFV retelling of past SF but still the questionable absence of the relevant characters in SF3. Is something that need very elaborate detail. Because SFA characters is mostly the the huge percent of the narrative eand most popular characters in the franchise.

I hope they would atleast try anime cell shaded art style this time.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake did something like this also not just MK, because FF7 Remake is not just a remake and probably about another time travel story.

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, N-Tactix said:

I find it strange that they didn't address anything to do with Ed/Falke considering how Menat came to warn the former about the future unless Rose has things planned to deal with him.

The way I saw it, she sent out Menat to talk to Ed pre ASF, but fast forward to G's arrival, Rose is getting curious and concerned about who G is, she sends Menat and she gets walloped. G's power & influence continues to grow, and as she says to Oro, it's overwhelming and can't be ignored, and especially after meeting G she realizes that, Bison, Shadaloo, and it's  creations were not the big threat, but rather G was. So Falke and Ed are small fry because G is truly what's the end of all things.

Also, can I just say, I'm glad that with all the weird "secrecy" that was going around Rose for most of SFV, Rose wasn't half-dead in Astral form or something. I dunno if plans changed with season V, but it was really weird how the obviously had Rose there in silhouette but hid her frequently. I dunno.

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

So Falke and Ed are small fry because G is truly what's the end of all things.

There's also the possibility that Menat is going to step up and deal with Ed while Rose tackles the main issue being G. 

Speaking of G, I just wonder how they're going to handle him and everything else. At this point, we all know that SF6 will likely properly deal with all the key elements and plot points that the post-ASF character stories set up but I just wonder how they're going to balance them. We have Neo-Shadaloo/Kage aka shit/Illuminati and G. That on top of trying to give the other characters something to do. Capcom have likely learnt from their mistakes when they did ASF but this all could have the chance to go horribly wrong. 

I'm fucking done with this series if they reboot stuff back to Alpha. Been waiting years for them move past SF3 in the timeline only for them to pussy out with this shit.

Also what's up with SRK? The site's in read-only but the last replies were from the end of Feb.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Ed and Falke aren't really villains though.

They're probably only going to be a threat because of the Psycho Power still within their bodies, which would probably lead to Bison making a low key return or even possess Ed of the nightmares had by Ed are any indication.

Spoiler

You'd think that they would have the sense to not call themselves Neo Shadaloo

4 minutes ago, Scotia said:

I'm fucking done with this series if they reboot stuff back to Alpha. Been waiting years for them move past SF3 in the timeline only for them to pussy out with this shit.

Also what's up with SRK? The site's in read-only but the last replies were from the end of Feb

I don't want a reboot either. Best case scenario if they do a reboot then it is just a small side series that narratively only serves to fix up Alpha and give a true definitive story rather than a main game. The leaks from Capcom revealed nothing about the content about SF6 though so I'm hoping that some of you are just being overly fearful and that a reboot isn't happening. It wouldn't make sense to just throw away everything they set up right away. 

I really don't think we need to worry about a reboot just yet, she notes that she needs to stop things at the root and notes that even when focusing on Bison (alpha era) that was already too late. So this might get be a wonky tale that focuses on Rose's past even earlier than what we know. I don't know how this will work, but I'm not worried just yet.

Bison dead? Nonsense! Rose needs to look more clearly into that crystal ball of hers... Death is only the beginning!

I will say that this was a terribly missed opportunity for Capcom to help clarify the Bison/Rose relationship, or shed more light into their shared history or WTF is she doing during SF5 (which was assumed to be a coma-like state that Bison induced in SF4, also no clarification on that ending). Such a waste of a character story and arcade endings tbf.

(Read: No reboots wtf!)

Edited by Daemos

I can't remember the poster, but I remember someone being interested in a prequel era SF game with young/younger version (Oro was still be a fossil) the existing cast. That I'd be fine with. Reboot not so much. I'd be fine with a "prequel era" Street Fighter Alpha 4. Roster would be sort of a sausage fest though. You'd have to get creative. Off the top of my head list.

Azam

Daigenjuro Kanzuki

Dhalsim

Dorai

Dudley's Father

Gen

Go Hibiki

Gouken

Gouki

Goutetsu

Haggar

Illuminati/Secret Society Leader (Female?)

Kinjiro Matsuda

Lee

Oro

Rose/Bison's Master (Female)

Sagat

Tom

Yoko Harmageddon

Zangief (Gief/Haggar/Dhalsim are similar in age)

Zeku

If I wasn't at work, I'd probably be able to drum up 3 or 4 more female characters. Did I miss anyone?

Edited by Darc_Requiem

A prequel could work with a very young Gouken and Gouki playing the Ryu/Ken roles. I think they have enough star power to carry the project. Especially if you throw in so many other characters who are viable at that time period.

But I am not as interested. We need a Post-3S SF game next.

In 2015 Matt Dahlgren said Ryu & Chun-Li will be in the base roster in every SF game going forward. 

It's likely Chun-Li was originally going to be in Smash but they chose Ken since he's a pallet swap of Ryu and it'll take less time to slap him together.

Taking that into account, Ryu & Chun-Li have appeared in everything together in every collab. Even something like Granblue Fantasy. A SF game without Ryu & Chun-Li is impossible, Akuma is not above these 2.  Here's hoping Oro's story is set during or after SFIII because now Capcom has an excuse to ignore SFIII again thanks to Rose's time travel powers.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

There's always Fighting Street 👀

Lol, Capcom owns the name, right? 

2 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

Ryu & Chun-Li will be in the base roster in every SF game going forward

Which means if they did a prequel without them, then it wouldn't be a SF game....

But considering the money Capcom is raking it with MH, RE, and all the dead fighting game franchises that they have buried, a new(ish) IP just seems unlikely. 

Considering they already have two in-universe franchises that they haven't touched in 15 years, I don't know if they'd start another one 

I'd be down for a soft reboot, since Street Fighter's story is kind of a mess to make out from just playing the games, without being an ubernerd like us, but only after we go post SF3. Too many loose ends and intresting threads not to follow trough with them. 

They could do something like:

General story: post SF3, follow up on the Secret Society stuff, G's thing, the end of the world etc.

Story / Arcade mode: blend of the two SFV modes, where you play trough an arcade style ladder, with cutscenes every few fights with set in stone characters, ala Rival Battles. And, much like SFV, you'd get multiple Arcades for each game, detailing what they were actually doing during those times. 

And add every character ever too. 

5 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I'm okay for an ALPHA remake but this time with SF3 characters joined with new characters from SF5 and SF4 characters around. 

And also uses ArcSys's graphical methods to look anime as FUCK.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I can't remember the poster, but I remember someone being interested in a prequel era SF game with young/younger version (Oro was still be a fossil) the existing cast. That I'd be fine with.

Not me.  I have just as much problem with "old generation of similar characters meant to replace the characters everyone likes" as much as I do "old generation of similar characters meant to replace the characters everyone likes".

Edited by DarthEnderX

Good. Nothing good will come from a reboot. We've taken decades to almost reach SF3. All narrative problems can be fixed going forward via an intro/history of the major events and then every new installment just has to keep moving forward and keep things clear. I love Bison, but I do not need to see the alpha arc again, the SF2 arc again, meeting Akuma and the SNH for the first time again.

Just now, N-Tactix said:

Would be nice for SF6 to have a codec for to cover the characters and plots of prior games in its extra or something. 

Agreed, I still think it's a huge missed opportunity that they didn't have the Shadaloo CRI  profiles included in the game and make use of that resource.

12 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

@Lord_Vega Welcome aboard dude! Just in time for this whopper!

Thanks for the warm welcome @ShockDingo! I actually waited for Rose to be released to join MegaShock. LOL. It's good to reunite with you guys again. @Darc_Requiemand @Miðgarðsormdirected me here.

12 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

I do hope they avoid the MK9 or a series reboot at all costs, but do something interesting and clever.

I noticed something. I've been working on a vid about the future of SF, but this intersected nicely. So in the plot guide for Alpha one it notes:

"Her age is unknown, but she is someone Chun-Li would consider middle aged.”

Now, with Rose potentially sending back her consciousness Days of Future Past style, do we know how far back that's going? Alpha seems like it, but what if it's further? She wants to stop the seed from ever sprouting.

Interesting? Maybe. Clever... I think not.

Capcom is well known for raising our hype up and then disapponting  at the time of delivery.

Necalli was a big example. He was portrayed as a main antagonist, a force to be reckoned with. That would devour-our-our the biggest warriors on the planet.

He got his butt kicked by everyone and their cousin. Didn't go past season 2 where he possibly got killed by Gouki who exploded him like a baloon from the inside.

They never explained what awakened him, we assumed it was the 7 black moons in the sky, and that MAYBE Vega was using him to destroy the strongest fighters on the planet. In the end, all he did was "complete" Ryu's training by helping him control the SNH. An energy that, BTW attracted him to Ryu and Gouki.

Vega's grey/white hair was never explained. Accorrding to SF4, the body he's using was meant to be temporary until he could find Ryu's;. His scientists, however, mentions that the next body would be able to sustain ALL his Psycho Power. That wasn't mentioned again. Could that be Ed? Or a lost Vega-like body? Also, since Ryu learned how to supress the SNH, did Vega lose interest in possessing him?

How did Cody went from a convict to Metro City mayor? The only way i can imagine was that he was Haggar's vice. But that was never mentioned anywhere.

3 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

I really don't think we need to worry about a reboot just yet, she notes that she needs to stop things at the root and notes that even when focusing on Bison (alpha era) that was already too late. So this might get be a wonky tale that focuses on Rose's past even earlier than what we know. I don't know how this will work, but I'm not

worried just yet.

The way Rose mentioned it, that could go back to even before their soul was divided.

I always believed that the only way to stop Vega was to trap his soul inside a body that could contain it... inside Rose's body but with her portion of the soul in control. In control of both Soul and Psycho Power.

But that might go back to their training days.... which also would be interesting.

6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Capcom did tried hard on reconnecting the rest of SF to SF3, by doing SF4 retelling SF2 multiple times and SFV retelling of past SF but still the questionable absence of the relevant characters in SF3. Is something that need very elaborate detail. Because SFA characters is mostly the the huge percent of the narrative eand most popular characters in the franchise.

They did a shitty job at it. They did a story with the SIN, then, with the returning characers from Zero, they simply told their stories again trying to fit SFIV.

2008 was the year for a reboot with the series making it's comeback.

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

I will say that this was a terribly missed opportunity for Capcom to help clarify the Bison/Rose relationship, or shed more light into their shared history or WTF is she doing during SF5 (which was assumed to be a coma-like state that Bison induced in SF4, also no clarification on that ending). Such a waste of a character story and arcade endings tbf.

Not only that. They even could have Maggio and Aprile appearing. Watchin Rose and Menat's training. With Aprile grateful for Rose taking care of them by allowing them to stay.

Her SFA ending is simply her SFZ2 ending. Meaning that what happened with her, and the info given in Z3 is still valid... unless they plan to change it in the future.

Her SF4 ending is what it is. Vega took back the residual memories from when he possessed her and the "with interest" part was what she did learn in the tournament, possibly with her fight with Ryu. She wasn't in a coma at the end of Guy's SSFIV ending...

5 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

Would be nice for SF6 to have a codec for to cover the characters and plots of prior games in its extra or something. 

I second that. But done by Capcom of Japan themselves, not a third party like they did with the 30th Anniversay profiles.

23 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

How did Cody went from a convict to Metro City mayor?

Final Fight Revenge implies that Poison framed Cody for some of his crimes (after all, the Alpha 3 Secret File proves he did go around causing fights and violence). Besides, he did help MASSIVELY in the disbanding of the original Mad Gear anyways. 

It's interesting to note that according to his Japanese wikipedia page. They originally wanted Cody to not be a convict in SF4 but kept him that way because of his popularity in the west.

Also interesting though unrelated from Wikipedia is that Byron Taylor might be a callback to Charlie Nash at one point in the conception phase being envisioned as a black man by Haruo Murata. 

Edited by N-Tactix
12 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

She also mentions she destroyed Shadaloo and Vega, probably a mistranslation @Miðgarðsorm?

Hello, Lord Vega! Yes, it is. She never mentions in the original Japanese to be the active subject of the sentence. She believed that by removing Shadaloo and Bison and so on. It's not that she herself had to do it.
Oh, by the way, Akiman answered in a Youtube video about some of the inspirations for SF2 characters. What's interesting is that he thought about making Zangief a Big Van Vader clone, but he didn't so in the end. He also confirmed one of Dhalsim's inspirations was Dragon Ball's Nam. Moreover, Blanka was the fusion of Tiger Mask's Gorillaman, Ashita no Joe's Harimao AND RICKY TYPHOON'S Monster Gorillaman. BINGO. Akiman just confirmed he read the manga, as I thought.

When it comes to Guy, Rose is the internet after the Shermie trailer. Rena Genryusai better watch her back. 

Edit: I think all of her endings and her win quote to Zeku all reference Guy in someway. I can see why people, not into the lore, think Guy and Rose are a thing. I can imagine the apocalyptic future she sees being Guy's wedding. She's really going back in time to make sure Maki and the others don't rescue Rena. 🙃

Edited by Darc_Requiem
16 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

When it comes to Guy, Rose is the internet after the Shermie trailer. Rena Genryusai better watch her back. 

Edit: I think all of her endings and her when quote to Zeku all reference Guy in someway. I can see why people, not into the lore, think Guy and Rose are a thing. I can imagine the apocalyptic future she sees being Guy's wedding. She's really going back in time to make sure Maki and the others don't rescue Rena. 🙃

Twist, G was the southern preacher who officiated their wedding.

Just now, ShockDingo said:

Twist, G was the southern preacher who officiated their wedding.

Man I wish I could draw. I'd draw the image of Rose's horror from her story mode and a large thought bubble. In the thought bubble, Guy and Rena would be at the altar with G doing the honors. Rose would be trying to object but Miasma Bison is covering her mouth to stop her.

My only fear is a reboot like JOJO Part 7 or something like Prince of Persia that's literally wiping the whole universe clean.

Like even they have the same names and moves but their backstory and the history of their world is different from the usual and traditional

I always been okay with a ALPHA remake that fix everything and ties everything along with including other relevant SF characters in SF universe that didn't appear in previous ALPHA like Fang, Oro, Urien, G and Viper too exist in Alpha Timeline either in the backstory of other characters or be playable characters so that they interact or have a role in the past instead of just doing nothing.

This remake of SFA is okay if it's all about removing all the inconsistency of previous alpha and tying it with SFV and SF4 all together.

Characters like Sean, Yun and etc from SF3 can still appear in a new SF ALPHA

How?

They could do a workaround

By implementing their individual stories to be about the preview of the future like the opposite of flashback battles, more like future battles. just like I mentioned before in previous threads

For example if Juri is playable in the new SF ALPHA she would be fighting the Cammy in Delta Red costume not the Killer Bee, In her own storymode playthrough.

Same with Sean if he is playable he would instead be fighting the SF3 Ken Costume,

Now this is what I'm thinking, The opposite of NOSTALGIA costumes.

DLC Costumes of the "future self" would come into place and be the new trend of DLC Costumes, If the game is going back to make prequels.

Then they could do a clear separation and division from characters like Sean, Yun and etc that shouldn't be in SF ALPHA stories.

By not including them in the main cinematic storymode of the new  SFALPHA

Rose's story begins with her having a sparring match with her apprentice. Menat simply repeating her Master's words is enough to fill her with excitement, though Rose believes she should focus more on lessons than words alone. Rose has plans to travel for the day, which Menat is able to accurately predict. Running errands seems like a minor thing that Menat can handle, but Rose tells the eager young apprentice that this is something she must handle herself. She then leaves for India.

She meets up with Oro to share her concerns on the strange energy she's been sensing. Bison and his Psycho Power has vanished from the world, but the energy she's sensing is different from Bison's Psycho Power. Oro can also sense that the energy is different from Bison's. The energy itself contains no evil and feels as though it's aligned with nature. Rose can sense that as well, but the overwhelming force of it is too great for her to ignore. That's why she searched for the source of this power in order to challenge it. The individual that holds this power is "The Fool", also known as G.

After the battle ends, G is now convinced that Rose can understand who he is, as well as what's going to happen to them in the future. Rose is struggling with the vision...since the vision shows the end of everything. G assures her that the vision they're both seeing is their inevitable fate, as well as the fate for the Earthlings and the entire universe. Rose still isn't sure who G is. Despite that, the vision she took a glimpse at was enough to convince her that the world was going to meet its end....and nothing could be done to prevent it from happening. Rose believed the removal of Bison and Shadaloo would allow the world to escape a future crisis. Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case. 

The distraught Rose finds herself back home with the alarmed Menat quickly running her a bath to calm her down. Bison's Psycho Power nearly pushed the world towards destruction. Even though that threat has been dealt with, the path towards destruction still remains. Rose was so focused on Bison's impact on the world that she didn't notice the world was already going downhill. Some unknown evil in the past is what put the world on this current course. If that evil could be stopped before sprouting, the imminent destruction of the world could be halted. Rose believes she's the only one capable of handling things. Her past self is needed for this task. To start things all over again. From zero...

Rose Alpha Ending:

EzYMUXxVEAQr-7O?format=jpg&name=large

Rose SF4 Ending:

EzYMVsMVcAED-zo?format=jpg&name=large

Rose SFV Ending:

EzYMX4WVoAIwiO3?format=jpg&name=large

Shadaloo Data:

EzYMZgiVgAk_ais?format=jpg&name=large

Yo, that Shinkiro art in Rose's SFV ending is 🔥

Rose's story is easily my fav one so far. The seriousness went from 0-100 real fast. I love it.