Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

You realize that all MUGEN efforts can FREELY be mined for content by large companies to exploit for their own profit right? Design an attack for a character? They can take that. Design a mechanic? They can take that. Make a version of a character that proves popular? They can take that. It can absolutely be monetized in so many ways. Also you didn't answer the question...who does MUGEN help more? Small creators or big companies? In fact, I've noticed that's a BIG trend with this conversation...no one actually wants to answer any questions about the topic. They just want to make assertions and talk about their feelings.

Looks so far that weren't the case and design mechanic, it's more of called GAME PLAY MECHANIC being straight up copied is, it's still on the area of inspired by and isn't comparable to Artstyle of a sole artist being feed to a machine to generate something strikingly similar then retouch and call it a day for profit 

Honestly you can stop right there...because you don't since you go on to make incorrect statements. In fact, some towns in the wild west had STRICTER gun & weapon laws than we have now since it could vary by sheriff (many of whom wildly infringed on rights).

That doesn't invalidate my statement on your argument "Try to protect EVERYONE and you will end up protecting almost no one."  "so leave it that way, so no to regulation"

because people have evolve ethically and perspective has change compare to the wild west era compare to the modern times that why it is incorrect to let this be the case on your statement. It's impossible to claim that having "some towns in the wild west had STRICTER gun" makes your argument correct and things are the same as modern times on how guns is perceive ethically used. many =/= some, majority =/= some & general =/= some.

stock-photo-duel-between-cowboys-affair-

Nope, it's part of the core of the matter especially since you still aren't even asserting how something is being 'exploited'. Art styles cannot be copyrighted. Full stop. Any company at any point can already take ANY artists style at will and start reproducing it. And they have the resources to do so at the snap of their fingers.

I already repeated it multiple times in most of the previous comment and even Legal Eagle also tackled my concerns specifically.

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

Looks so far that weren't the case and design mechanic, it's more of called GAME PLAY MECHANIC being straight up copied is, it's still on the area of inspired by and isn't comparable to Artstyle of a sole artist being feed to a machine to generate something strikingly similar then retouch and call it a day for profit 

It's directly comparable. Game play mechanics? Not copyright protected. Art style? Also not copyright protected. I do not understand what is being misunderstood about that. There is nothing stopping a company from copying art styles right now so how does AI art change that? It doesn't except that it's less efficient than just hiring an artist to ape the style.

because people have evolve ethically and perspective has change compare to the wild west era compare to the modern times that why it is incorrect to let this be the case on your statement. It's impossible to claim that having "some towns in the wild west had STRICTER gun" makes your argument correct and things are the same as modern times on how guns is perceive ethically used. many =/= some, majority =/= some & general =/= some.

Bro you made the wildly inaccurate claim that "You need to have a permit to carry and own guns". I can't tell you how uninformed of a statement that is. It is flat-out factually wrong in many many many many cases. The very basis of your point is factually wrong. It's like if I said "You see, human beings can't consume any amount of alcohol without immediately dying..." then proceeded to make an argument based on that factually incorrect statement. Your argument isn't supported because its foundation is wrong.

You are talking about gun laws while having (by your own admission) no clue about gun laws. Which of us do you think owns firearms?

I already repeated it multiple times in most of the previous comment and even Legal Eagle also tackled my concerns specifically.

Yes he said you cannot copyright styles. Explicitly. And he also said that copyright is on a per-piece basis. Both of these are correct. Neither support your concerns about AI art. You can't arbitrarily restrict a tool because it could "theoretically" copy something...otherwise we'd be regulating what copy machines can photocopy. We don't. The infringement is in the discrete act...not in the capability and this has been established law for a century or more.

10 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

It's directly comparable. Game play mechanics? Not copyright protected. Art style? Also not copyright protected. I do not understand what is being misunderstood about that. There is nothing stopping a company from copying art styles right now so how does AI art change that? It doesn't except that it's less efficient than just hiring an artist to ape the style.

I never said it cannot be copyright, what i say it works differently. 

game mechanics like throwing fireball or even just blocking. aren't the same with feeding ai a sole artwork of an artist and generate new art from the filtered artist work then take profit from it.

Bro you made the wildly inaccurate claim that "You need to have a permit to carry and own guns". I can't tell you how uninformed of a statement that is. It is flat-out factually wrong in many many many many cases. The very basis of your point is factually wrong. It's like if I said "You see, human beings can't consume any amount of alcohol without immediately dying..." then proceeded to make an argument based on that factually incorrect statement. Your argument isn't supported because its foundation is wrong.

You are talking about gun laws while having (by your own admission) no clue about gun laws. Which of us do you think owns firearms?

you did the comparison with ai machine and guns. and also claim that if you try to protect everyone with regulation you protect no one. so i say human evolve ethically so that's needs regulation and artist needs to voice out regarding the ai situation

that the wild wild west were the time that guns were perceive different ethically compare to modern times. there is no way that guns being looked ethically better that time by the people in wild wild west era compare to the modern times.

Yes he said you cannot copyright styles. Explicitly. And he also said that copyright is on a per-piece basis. Both of these are correct. Neither support your concerns about AI art. You can't arbitrarily restrict a tool because it could "theoretically" copy something...otherwise we'd be regulating what copy machines can photocopy. We don't. The infringement is in the discrete act...not in the capability and this has been established law for a century or more.

look copy machines generating photo copies or even printing an office document to another printer arent the same as the case ai machined usage in a situation that to a filtered art specifically from a sole person.

he already gave examples what can be copyright and he also tackled my example. and it's not on what your saying already that is more on a different subject.

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, Daemos said:

It definitely is gonna be massive, it's SF4 all over again and more. Which makes me sad that our Dark Lord won't be there to enjoy the fruits of HIS labor in SF5... Not yet anyway. :bison:

Much bigger than SF4

• Feels a much bigger budget product with much bigger marketing
  • Have big single mode, that will evolve through seasons
  • Have social hub shit
  • Have noob shit controls wich reviewers will use to sell the idea fight genre just got bit less niche, and how using their retarded fingers to push buttons feels "finally" satisfying
  • If they don't fuck up Character Creation (i have terror of some errors they may do) you will get some players playing that shit more than true game (part of SC fanbase does)
  • Start cast has been smart, specially if S1 will avaible at launch
  • Play smart on some woke gimmicks that win the hearts of VG american press modern shitshow
  • Will fulfil vg sites need of hype up SOMETHING to get views

Regardless of how much SFV has been treated as crap and how many fervent internet haters SF have, seems there's an huge wave of positive vibes around SF6

I think SF6 will be for SF what Elden Ring has been to FS Souls games, that situation where the game have still a niche soul but mainstream world stop to pretend it does'nt exist

And personally love it because will be milked to the extremes and i will have tons of contents for muh character creation lol 🤣

Yes, when you think of it as a single product out of the bag, SF6 is literally the biggest day 1 SF game to date.

More importantly, if it is this big on day 1, does it retain the potential to become the biggest in terms of roster as well? YOU BETCHA! Millions of fans around the world have made their voices heard. You can hear them chanting outside of Capcom's offices... "WE WANT BISON!" , "HAIL SHADALOO!" , and "EVIL IS GOOD!".

7 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

@Chun-Li_Foreverneed your insight; would Li-Fen call Chun-Li mom or something else? I don't recall how she refers to her in Chun-Li's SFV storymode post-ASF.  Thanks in advance!

Funny how you should ask me that, cause I'm in the middle of writing some kind of SF6 fanfic that deals with Chun-Li and her dealing with a grown up Li-Fen who wants to hang out with her own friends and have her own fun. And the idea of Li-Fen acknowledging Chun-Li as a "mom" is a driving factor for one of the conflicts. (DM me, and I'd be more than happy to share).

Now don't quote me on this, because I was never adopted like Li-Fen was. So I can't speak for everyone's experience on when they start calling them "mom" instead of their first name. I imagine some its instantaneous, others might take a little while. 

Now remember that Chun-Li's character story in SFV does take place post-SFV. She rescued Li-Fen and adopts her right afterwards. And it's only been a week since the incident. As confirmed by the first line in her story mode: "A week's gone by since we started living together. It seems like she's gotten used to being here. But sometimes she looks so sad that I worry."

Even after a week, Li-Fen was still addressing Chun-Li as Chun-Li. Now, maybe they haven't filed the proper paperwork yet. Maybe they wanted to see if Li-Fen had any other living relatives before Chun-Li became a permanent guardian. Maybe Li-Fen was still too traumatized by the thought of being kidnapped and potentially losing the family she had before then. It's been a week, but a week is still very early.

As of right now, we don't know if Li-fen has gotten comfortable with calling Chun-Li "mom".  They obviously have a very special and close relationship. She's been stuck with Chun since ASF. But would Li-Fen be comfortable calling Chun-Li "mom"? It is very possible. We don't have much in regards to dialogue between them. But the fact that Li-fen remains as her most important attachment to her life would suggest a deeper bond.

If you want a solid answer from me, I'd say that Li-Fen 100% acknowledges Chun-Li as her mother or even guardian. I do think Li-Fen would  absolutely be comfortable calling Chun-Li "mom", but I think she'll address Chun-Li by name. Maybe that's the relationship they've had for since they've lived together. And if it's comfortable for them just to address them by first name, then that's fine too.

I do think Li-Fen would call her "mom" or have it slip out every now and then. Or maybe as a fun sarcastic remark.

Chun-Li: Li-Fen, what did I tell you about eating crepes before dinner?

Li-Fen: Sorry, mom...

Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Funny how you should ask me that, cause I'm in the middle of writing some kind of SF6 fanfic that deals with Chun-Li and her dealing with a grown up Li-Fen who wants to hang out with her own friends and have her own fun.

Heh, perfect timing then, eh? I'm slowly starting up my SF projects again and in the far future, this would need to be addressed, thank you for the beautiful, heartfelt answer! I knew I could count on you, dude! Best of luck with your fanfic!  I'll be sure to consult you in the future, cheers!

1 hour ago, bakfromon said:

Don't make me come in here and post a story relevant SF Duel video. It just makes me wish this was actually some sort of anime instead of a mobile game🙄🤣

that is the "settings " I prefered for a SF something that has tons of Cyborg Monitors combined with Twelve Army across the streets and SF main cast fighting them.

I like chaotic settings that both shadaloo and secret society attacking cities that SF character need to fight those.

Edited by Shakunetsu
5 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Some of the images featured in the upcoming Climax Arts book.

Vega's Trauma?! There was no trauma! IT NEVER HAPPENED! He'S iMmOrTaL! OMG!

(It looks fantastic though, the skin textures would look great in a game.)

Edited by Daemos
On 2/6/2023 at 6:34 PM, Daemos said:

Vega's Trauma?! There was no trauma! IT NEVER HAPPENED! He'S iMmOrTaL! OMG!

(It looks fantastic though, the skin textures would look great in a game.)

Considering SF6 have the visible damage thing, wonder if for Bison they would add the Psycho Power stress (something like that in the art, Palpatine style fucked up skin) on top of normal damage, would be cool

Or even just getting more pale with visible dark rings under the eyes, could be a nice detail

Akuma may get the broken jar gimmick they already used bunch of times

Edited by CESTUS III
On 2/10/2023 at 7:04 AM, Chun-Li_Forever said:

No SF6 announcements during Capcup

Probably they got the feedback they need and just mediating the current expectation as for now. i just hope people expectation regarding DLC isn't a disappointment. That's what i am looking at it now why character trailer isn't going the expectation of everyone, they might be juggling who's gonna be in Pay wall as of now.

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, bakfromon said:

JPs theme is called "Plunderer". Definitely has a battle rap tone to it. If we're to take the term to define JP himself it may mean hes in possession of stolen goods he took by force. 

It's a great theme. One of the best so far. Has a James Bond quality to it. 

On 2/10/2023 at 3:10 AM, DarthEnderX said:

SHOW ZANGIEF!

Lol I'm way ahead of you on the "Show Season 2 DLC already!" bandwagon.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

It's a great theme. One of the best so far. Has a James Bond quality to it. 

Its probably the best one yet so far. The name of the themes usually have some sort of tie to the characters motive in the story. Considering the fact that JPs is called Plunderer despite the fact his backstory would suggest he's a rather beneficial yet benign character. This  makes me think he's the type of villain who's seen in the public eye as  someone of worth yet is gaining his power through begotten means.  I wonder if JP may have succeeded in where Bison and Gill sort of failed at in gaining means to power by darker means under the radar of suspicion and managed to be seen as beneficial publicly.  Shadaloo and Illuminati had more ties to shady or unknown dealings like drugs and kidnappings. JP maybe using his beneficial NGO non profit and investing in Nayshall as a cover for his actual business in plundering. 

3 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

I wonder if JP may have succeeded in where Bison and Gill sort of failed at in gaining means to power by darker means under the radar of suspicion and managed to be seen as beneficial publicly.  

Gill definitely sought to be seen as positively in the public eye, but Bison is the polar opposite and has nothing to do with this type of nonsense. He rules by might!

I think JP is the plunderer because he has something that is not his, and soon the original owner will return to reclaim all that is his and his alone! :bison:

20 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Gill definitely sought to be seen as positively in the public eye, but Bison is the polar opposite and has nothing to do with this type of nonsense. He rules by might!

I think JP is the plunderer because he has something that is not his, and soon the original owner will return to reclaim all that is his and his alone! :bison:

Well the thing  that is similar about both JP and Bison is Psycho Power. We know for a fact that Bison's top skill through Psycho Power is "Hypnosis" or mind control. He can literally alter the perception of anyone, therefore if Bison wants you to see him as a friend or threat he can easily do so. This is how he was able to dodge jurisdiction in court when Guile tried to legally bring Shadaloo and Bison to justice. This is also the reason Guile didn't trust his superiors during SF2 because he thought they could have been brainwashed. 

Bison could easily manipulate individuals to like him through brainwashing unless they had an intense hatred or rivalry against him (Chun, Guile, World Warriors in general) then he would badger them with fear and doubt.

What if JP is using Psycho Power more effectively than Bison and instead of grasping power outright by ill gotten means he's using his power to benefit some desperate country like Nayshall?  Not to say Nayshall was desperate before JP but it seems his story and that of others that concern him revolves around this place called Nayshall. JP happens to be so successful in investing his money regardless of the fact his theme is named "Plunderer"  and not " "Investment Mogul".

Edited by bakfromon