Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Fuck the haters! Seriously fuck them!

SF2 for life!

Tbh if i could chose start cast BUT ALSO have control of following DLC seasons, i would have been slighty less SF2 taliban than Capcom

But not having that power and thinking how uncool are considered some of the SF2ers (i'm thinking Honda-Sim-Blanka in particular) by loud portion of the audience, i would not like have to hope for their return in DLC phase, when internet people opinion starts to matter more

I was REALLY surprised we finally got Honda at some point in SFV, he could have really end up in T.Hawk/Fei Long forgotten toys room

From that perspective start cast Honda was surely a nice surprise, showing even if Capcom improved marketing skillz they still have values to stick to

Plus i'm sure 90% of internet people ignore/don't care about the fact in Capcom's vision SF cast have to be built as a group, careful try to balance variety and that some characters works as elements to ensure that even if they have not much fans support

From there you have average fan that not finding their precious puppet in the list, point finger at characters he consider uncool, all while ignoring

-why developers wanted that char in and what purpose serve in the cast

-the fact that uncool character XXX unlikely "stole" the slot from their fav, more probably another did or their fav was'nt even considered

-the fact that them mass supporting loud their fav character, end up make Capcom perceive it as DLC material rather than start cast lmao

Ultimately even if i don't 100% agree with SF6 start cast (or season 1) and would have done some (not many tbh) things differently,  i would NEVER trade it with mystery box alternative made up by "fans"... not even if you tell me i can pick 10 of these and chose the best

I have some personal favourites that i would REALLY like to see in SF6 (example Cody or Urien), but i give greater priority to characters that maybe i don't like as much or would not play as much, yet they would bring greater contribuition to the current cast variety needs

Idk how many fans do this kind of reasoning, would be surprised if pass 1% by much lol

PS: best part being, these people complaining about start cast Honda will still buy Sakura DLC, but they may refuse buy Honda DLC.  So Capcom chosing start cast Honda obtained from them more financial support than if they picked start cast Sakura, it's poetic 🤣

31 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Tbh if i could chose start cast BUT ALSO have control of following DLC seasons, i would have been slighty less SF2 taliban than Capcom

I think having the  SF2 makes sense in the context that they are also adding 8 new characters at the same time. It's a solid ratio of iconic legends and new kids. The more new characters you want to launch the more old and big favorites you will need to offset them. This is where SF3 went terribly wrong, and where SF4/5 went perfect.

Where I think Capcom went a bit wrong is Rashid and Ed in DLC S1. I'm inclined to believe that there are story reasons to these choices, but I think some fan favorites from SF3 and Alpha could've been added in year 1.

I'm hoping they can correct this by ensuring that S2 has at least 1-2 highly demanded SF3/A characters. Like Urien has been extremely popular throughout SF5's run, it's shocking that he isn't even on the sacred graffiti wall.

Edited by Daemos
2 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

What's more likely? The mask character is affiliated with Neo-Shadaloo, or Illuminati?

I think neither tbh

Neo-Shadaloo would be full evil org if Ed was fully possessed by Bison's will, but SF6 design seems to hint opposite direction

Bison LOVE militaristic imagery, and if Ed was fully controlled my guess is that to reflect it his appearance would look very militaristic too as SFV default NS uniform (wich ironically had little to do with SFV timeline)

SF6 Ed have very casual clothes

Spoiler

Street Fighter VI Ed Cosplay Costume

Illuminati idk, possible but would not make much sense to me... Urien already let go Li Fen after his little game with Chun Li, doubt they're much thinking about them

My bet would be AKI being sent by FANG to kidnap (again lol) Li Fen

The mask looks asian and FANG already have a past going on with Li Fen, may need her genius intellect to do something (resurrect Bison?)

Would make sense specially if FANG is planning to re-use old machines (without Bison he may lack the money/tech to build new ones) that were built during ASF, Li Fen worked on these

Edited by CESTUS III

Random very loose theory, but another thing that may link AKI to a bird-like figure is that iirc leakers back in the day instant noticed her having similar haircut  to Kengan's Sawada Keizaburo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FB53NqrXsAYChSX?format=jpg&name=360x360

possible coincidence but if this is intentional, his nickname is "bird of darkness"

Fun thing same character may have inspired Capcom on Manon developments he officially use "ballet" as martial art (even if to be fair also SFA3 Ingrid had ballet movements)

Spoiler

চিত্রRead Manga Kengan Ashua - Chapter 67

Returning to Aki crane could make sense as symbolic animal for her, as it's often associated with snake in chinese culture

http://www.universoyoga.es/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/LaGrullayLaSerpiente.jpg

plus even FANG himself have lot bird-like traits, despite poison he's more a crane than a snake lol

Could not rule out masked figure may be FANG himself

Edited by CESTUS III
22 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

What's more likely? The mask character is affiliated with Neo-Shadaloo, or Illuminati?

I'm wondering, what if it's a new faction all together? This is a concept I'm playing with in my forever-in-development project, but after Shadaloo crumbles, a power vacuum slowly creeps into the world and so you've got people trying to be the new Shadaloo or everyone's noticing that Shadaloo doesn't have a stranglehold on the entire world (and criminal underworld) so people are carving out small bits for themselves. What if these masked folks are part of a new Chinese gang or crime syndicate; not a world-threat, but popping up more and more to the point that it threatens Chun Li and Li-Fen's neighborhood?

Also, I commissioned one of my favourite twitter artists to bring my idea of a Marisa vs Q match to life:

Viper continues to hate her current assignment lol

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

I'm wondering, what if it's a new faction all together? This is a concept I'm playing with in my forever-in-development project, but after Shadaloo crumbles, a power vacuum slowly creeps into the world and so you've got people trying to be the new Shadaloo or everyone's noticing that Shadaloo doesn't have a stranglehold on the entire world (and criminal underworld) so people are carving out small bits for themselves. What if these masked folks are part of a new Chinese gang or crime syndicate; not a world-threat, but popping up more and more to the point that it threatens Chun Li and Li-Fen's neighborhood?

I guessed FANG route because SF6 gave us AKI, so i thought villains wise chinese area would be covered by AKI+FANG, plus FANG having an actual revenge desire toward Chun li/Li Fen for the role they had ASF events

Btw if they're a thing they would be indeed a new/smaller criminal faction, as long Bison is out Shadaloo does'nt exist anymore... guess they would be something closer to Nguuhao gang before it was destroyed

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

No way FANG would try to create a new faction. He worships Bison and likely spent the rest of his days after ASF trying to align everything just right so Bison will return to the physical plane. Shadaloo lives forever in FANG's heart!

Yes he would if he needs multiple other people to do things he needs to resurrect Bison

Unless he want to call it "Shadaloo" as gesture to keep the memory alive waiting Bison's return... but without Bison, psycho power, Shadakings and army would be "shadaloo" just in name, on pratical level would be much smaller new thing

Edited by CESTUS III
On 2/21/2023 at 7:45 AM, CESTUS III said:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2023/feb/20/sf6-launch-roster-sf2-characters/

Admit did'nt even bothered read EH's article, just jumped in to feed on folks bitterness lol 🤣

Meanwhile Capcom rubbing balls on their face by dropping Dhalsim and even motherfucking HONDA in start SF6 cast, Capcom bless

The Original Eight should never not be in a SF launch roster.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Lilly looks delightful & I can see people just loving her. Curious to see if she's directly T. Hawk's daughter or if she's just another member of the tribe. Wind effects are looking cool and I like that picture taking aspect. Curious about where that'll go.

Cammy's look initially had me wondering if she's on the run, but the site description + casual outfit makes me wonder if she's furious at being stuck on deskwork at HQ. Does she always have everything listed as hates? Curious if there's something more going on. Her animations look amazing! I love her winpose, the way she vanishes and the camera's searching for her is cool stuff. Her stage is so cool, dark and moody. With the trench coat dude there, it made me want Q prowling in the background.

Gief is looking great! Loving the new moves and his intro in the trailer was badass! I love that he's got more students in addition to Mika. Keeping the respect on this man and having the muscle power legacy continue? I love it!

Guys, this game is gonna be fantastic. I'm so excited!

i like how the new reiteration of previous moves of both Cammy and specially GIEF.

GIef reinteration of moves in SFV was kinda meh even his CA.

unsure about the new stage of Cammy. 

So this also explains we will see the new reiteration of KEN's classic SF2 stage

Lily is kinda okay, I was expecting that the weapon in her hand would be the one that would hit her opponent if she would dive  but I guess they are straight on her Thawk condor moves.

I like how they're finding ways to add SFV's V-Trigger stuff into VI without having the V-Trigger system in it. Gief has the sucking thing and Cammy's new hold moves should give her stuff similar to her VT1 stuff, on top of having her VT2 moves (that will hopefully be more useful, but just not gating them behind V-Trigger will be a huge buff).

23_six01.jpg

Left: огнеопасно - высокое напряжение  Ogneopasno - vysokoe naprjaženie, "FLAMMABLE - HIGH VOLTAGE"
Up right: осторожно Ostorožno, "Caution"

Low right: осторожно! злой зангиев Ostorožno! Zloj ZANGIEV, "CAUTION! EVIL ZANGIEF"
I suppose it refers to Gief's heel persona, whom his two students (the ones similar to Gunloc and Biff behind Gief) reveal with their sandwich double lariat at the beginning.

Also, the stage is called "Barmaley Steelworks". That's a reference to Barmaley Fountain in Volgograd, which in turn comes from the fictional pirate Barmaley. I call @-PVL93-to confirm that.

Gief's students have 右王 migiō "right king" and 左 hidariō "left king" tattooed on their bodies.

WOW. Just returned home

Going to post before read the fucktons of unread posts, sorry in advance as sure something have been already said

In random order

-Zangief having so many throws, was expected after auddio leaks but still cool to see... glad in particular to see Atomic Suplex return, but loved also see SFV VT1 to be transformed into a throw, surprised to see the kick counter return. Happy af for no green hand lmao... on general just love focus being so much on throws

His CA feels slighty less epic than i expected, but i suspect is NOT desperate version

-Find awesome how they worked on put waaay more emphasys on Zangief being a pro-wrestler, his animations really boosted the showman side.

Fun his SFEX stomps are back

-His CA may be a wink to SFtAM fight with Blanka, sequence is different but similar: in the anime he land a big punch knocking opponent down, cheer the audience and do a SPD, in  SF6 he land a big arm strike (a lariat) knocking opponent down, cheer the audience, throw a kick and do a SPD

timestamped

-On look new costume works well. I really liked they returned to brown hair, something that was still used in artworks but that ingame was'nt for a while (both SF4 and SFV had black hair Zangief). His body looks less ripped than usual, wonder if is due new graphic style, an intentional show of timeskip effect on the character (like they said was Guile 's case) or something else

-In his intro he playing the role of The Gief, his evil character from SFV

-The two wrestlers that attack him are the same we see in this stage, at the right of the red sign "Metro City"

Considering also DamnD has been an NPC in a stage (like the two wrestlers)  guess the MMA Cage Stage will work bit like SFV CPT ring stage, with NPCs being all NPCs from other stages... this seems very random detail, but make me think RETSU and mysterious suit/katana guy will appear as NPCs in some still unseen stage, likely Japan-related

-Cammy's new costumes works so fucking well ingame. I love her face too. And love all the love returning to her glorious hot butt, forgetting her stupid SFV plastic boobs... new Cammy just looks awesome. Plus don't even have to guess if i like it as much as the classic (no), as we already seen her nostalgia alt is just perfect, so i can enjoy both classic and new design

-Was hoping for something bit more "new" for Cammy's moveset on specials, overall she just feel "very Cammy"... but they did all so well i can't complain lol

-Pretty sure lot of people already noticed, but another wink at SF2tAM

Street Fighter Street Fighter2 GIF - Street Fighter Street Fighter2  Animated Movie - Discover & Share GIFs

-Like for Gief i think this was'nt her desperate version CA, i think this is <- i was wrong on this Cammy one, good point @BornWinner

-Not sure what to say about Lily beside the obvious similarities with T.Hawk moveset, i like her though, feels pretty original char to help cast variety

-Even before i said i got HUGE Soul Calibur Talim vibes from her, now that i seen her with green whirlwind powers it's even more the case lol

Talim Revealed for SOULCALIBUR VI | Page 3 | ResetEra

-Despite changes from the early sketch her redesign does'nt murder much the original vibes of the concept. Green alt color will help even more

-Still curious how they will implement weapon user moves to character creation

-I FUCKING LOVE all new stages, feels they understood how to resurrect world tour vibes. Lily one colors in particular are pure genius, but again love all 3

-Feeling even more convinced we will see missing -DLC- four ones before game release, wich make me hope whole "season 1" avaible at launch

Hyped in particular to see the work they did on Ed and Rashid (and OMG Rashid stage is going to be incredible)

PS: time to sleep, tomorrow will read all posts 😄

Edited by CESTUS III

Is that Biff Slamkovich in the background of Gief's stage??

This game is shaping up to be incredible. I know A FEW people that haven't had SF on their mind since SFII that are now talking about this game thanks to what they're seeing. Everything from gameplay to art style is REALLY capturing people. The entire aesthetic and vibe is hitting the EXACT sweet spot for folks.

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

Yes, yes Cammy! Crack JP's neck in two!

SF6 is definitely the most brutal of the all the SF games so far. Between Jamie ripping tracheas out and Cammy performing Mortal Khiropractic on opponents it definitely brings a more mature feel that the series has been lacking recently. Plus it manages to keep all the lighthearted fun with newcomers like Lily and Kimberly. 

There are some subtle differences between the anime version and SF6. Mainly in SF6 the opponents go along with the momentum of Cammy’s initial neck twist thus Cammy just turns them around violently and takes their knees out with the neck hold takedown. 

In the anime the poor senators neck unfortunately just goes along with the momentum of Cammys neck twist and is completely turned 180 degrees. 

Cammy the Chiropractor 🩻

After that treatment JP should’t have to use his cane for the remainder of SF6. 

Edited by bakfromon

Also the Japanese trailer using the Japanese theme from the Ryu & Ken vs Bison anime fight. 

The trailer mentions that it’s commemorating “all” 18 characters. I’m assuming that means base roster is now announced. The remaining characters from the leak must be DLC (Ed, Rashid, Aki, Akuma)

Edited by bakfromon
41 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

SF6 is definitely the most brutal of the all the SF games so far. Between Jamie ripping tracheas out and Cammy performing Mortal Khiropractic on opponents it definitely brings a more mature feel that the series has been lacking recently. Plus it manages to keep all the lighthearted fun with newcomers like Lily and Kimberly. 

Well said, I am one who likes balance. I don't ever want SF to get so grim-dark serious as the manhua's that it becomes a parody, but after a bit of the wacky days of Sf4 & SF5 stuff, this does feel great. Serious & intense when it wants to be, but remembering there's a soul of fun and hilarity that's compatible too. This is very good!

Sweet mercy, I desperately wanna see what Q would look and work like in SF6. I wanna see how they'd revamp his supers at the very least!

3 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Also who knew that the whole SF2 Japanese anime finale song was remade for SF6 in its entirety?

This is a great sign! The developers might be fanatics for the SF2AM like many of us here, and this increases the chances of Shadakings 10 fold!

Even though I prefer the English OST as a whole, that song is perfect! So glad it is being reintroduced like this

Edited by Daemos
15 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Wonder if have any link to JP (and Ed affiliation flag)  apparently having owl symbol too, with JP being russian too

JP's face has a bird-like quality to it now that I think about it. Maybe even Owl-like.

Bison's face has a skull-like quality to it, especially when smiling.

Could this be a coincidence?

5 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

We kinda already knew that.  They said awhile ago the base roster would have 18 characters in it.  And these were the 18 characters that appeared in the World Tour intro they showed awhile back.

True but now we know for sure whose in the base roster and who isn’t. 

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

This is a great sign! The developers might be fanatics for the SF2AM like many of us here, and this increases the chances of Shadakings 10 fold!

Well if we got another anime out of it that would be cool. Obviously the rap theme for SF6 doesn’t translate well and they probably used this song for marketing as it’s featured in the movie only overseas. 

Gief has his back scar from protecting Gorbachev! This game has too much detail 😮

Edited by bakfromon
4 minutes ago, Saturius said:

😆. Reads Cammy's Sf6 bio. "Distinguished herself in the operation against Shadaloo." Lol. This is just as bad as what they said  about Chun's role in SFV. Did they not play the SFV story mode? They clearly didn't watch the same one we got.

Well she did prevent Chun Li from getting murdered by Bison😀  *puts on PR spin cap* In addition Agent White gained the trust of Juri Han in order infiltrate a new faction, the Secret Society, that is also referred to as the Illuminati. This has provided valuable intel to MI6. 😉

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

JP's face has a bird-like quality to it now that I think about it. Maybe even Owl-like.

Idk do a parallel between SF characters and animals it's something capcom definitely love, would not be surprised if the gave him beak nose to give to his image owl vibes... think as animal would definitely fit

Must say his pin may be a bat too (it's very stylized), but Ed's flag feels definitely an Owl

One fun detail i just noticed is that JP affiliation flag is supposed to mean unknown/mysterious BUT share same colors as Ed one 😄

https://i.ibb.co/ZhMTtBV/flags-SF6.jpg

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

Bison's face has a skull-like quality to it, especially when smiling.

Could this be a coincidence?

I've hard time at point a precise direction for Bison, he changed a lot through time... but yeah, think second version of SF2 Bison had the skull look going on

v

Spoiler

I think very first was very asian and trying hard to follow up Washizaki look

Hyper Street Fighter II-The Anniversary Edition-(M.Bison)(Mike Bison)(Vega)-Arcade  Playthrough - YouTube

تويتر \ Fairly Frequent FG Facts 🎨 على تويتر: "Washizaki is also an expy  of a movie villain in JP named Yasunori Kato from the Doomed Megalopolis  movie. SFIICE's promo art used

Then yes, second on the right seems play on skull look for face traits, also because the skull replaced the star on the hat as symbol too

SFA Bison with wide square traits

Street Fighter Alpha M.Bison Theme - YouTube

ever made me think fascist era portrayals of Mussolini (but may be my mind making links, because here in Italy is a very known kind of imagery) and that kind of fascist art style on general

SF4 have no much idea

SFV imho have some Raul Julia (RIP) going on, with less massive face bone structure, big eyes and full lips

Would not surprise me much, SFV used other real life people inspirations too for 3d models (Bob Sapp/Birdie and David Carradine/Zeku the first coming to mind)

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, Saturius said:

😆. Reads Cammy's Sf6 bio. "Distinguished herself in the operation against Shadaloo." Lol. This is just as bad as what they said  about Chun's role in SFV. Did they not play the SFV story mode? They clearly didn't watch the same one we got.

Are you saying all her loses to Vega didn't contribute to their downfall? That's how she got Juri involved