Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

35 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Are you saying all her loses to Vega didn't contribute to their downfall? That's how she got Juri involved

Vega was the Alpha of the Shadoloo Kings in SFV. He was cooking Cammy in ASF like he was FT10 Prep Time Daigo. Although, he's always had her number. He did give Cammy her iconic scar. Probably should of borrowed Decapre's mask for that training session.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Vega was the Alpha of the Shadoloo Kings in SFV. He was cooking Cammy in ASF like he was FT10 Prep Time Daigo. Although, he's always had her number. He did give Cammy her iconic scar. Probably should of borrowed Decapre's mask for that training session.

While playing the story mode I was in disbelief that I was controlling Vega for the 3rd(!) time for the sole purpose of bodying Cammy again. This was the best material for her? Having Vega perv on her ad infinitum? What were the devs smoking? I still can't believe how bad the SFV story was and the truly bizarre decisions they made.  

IIRC Vega has always been perving on Cammy. They just....well leaned into  way too hard for ASF. Vega bodying Cammy was funny at first....but it got old. The only real positive I can say it made Vega look like a serious treat. Vega, at least to me, always seemed like Shadaloo King that was sort of dismissed. Cammy has always been presented as dangerous and she wasn't to Vega.

16 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I think SF5 face was very skull-like, especially when it was fully smiling.

I think this

How to play M. Bison in Street Fighter 5 - Moves Guide | DashFight

would be a good screenshot for that, open mouth and round eye give me that vibe 😄

While at it, sketches for SFV facial expressions

Spoiler

Street Fighter V characters' various expressions | Concept / Rejected Art |  Activity Reports | CAPCOM:Shadaloo C.R.I.

Eyebrows archs, cheekbones, carved cheeks and round monochromatic eyes indeed give skull vibes for the eyes area, rest of the face is bit another thing (also jaw line have some unusual sharp angles)

But ingame does'nt look much like that, SFV models often took their own route for good or for bad

4 hours ago, Saturius said:

While playing the story mode I was in disbelief that I was controlling Vega for the 3rd(!) time for the sole purpose of bodying Cammy again. This was the best material for her? Having Vega perv on her ad infinitum? What were the devs smoking? I still can't believe how bad the SFV story was and the truly bizarre decisions they made.

To be fair Cammy has been getting bodied pretty hard in media and canon since SF4. Remember her encounter with CViper?

c9f.gif

Edited by bakfromon
15 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

😮

Ever thought he got it here

Street Fighter Ending GIF - Street Fighter Ending Alpha - Discover & Share  GIFs

What’s interesting about Zangiefs back scar is that in SF6 there are two parts to it.

Because this was an assassination attempt that Gief protected Gorbachev from he not only has the wound on his back but also an exit wound directly parallel to the back scar but on his stomach  in SF6 that previously wasn’t featured in any other game. 

Someone shot a high caliber piercing round at Gief meant for Gorbachev and it indeed looks like it went right through his back and out his torso. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not fan of forced sterilization. 😟

When Cammy gets a relevant win over another opponent that isn’t Officer Pete from ASF then she’ll be released from this bad stigma of a losing streak she’s been on in canon

Cviper =Loss

Juri = Loss
Vega = Loss 

Edited by bakfromon

These last Chun and Cammy posts got me to thinking. I hope that they introduce or even reference an epilogue to ASF or something, like once the big ending with Bison happened there was a big effort of striking down as many remaining global forces of Shadaloo or remaining loyalists or something so that the heroes could be marked as doing something. Cause so far it feels contradictory  with what we all saw happen vs what the SF6 canon is stating. I dunno, just one last adventure for the heroes to have before the time skip would be interesting, heck that way we could see or at least have in the background them fighting the cooler SF movie- styled grunts and other things introduced in Shadaloo CRI. I dunno, just rambling lol.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honesty not a fan on Viper. She gets bodied by Dan without her suit.

Cammy just needs to be treated better in general. Cammys bday is literally a day after mine so that means she’s a Capricorn and a GOAT so I hate seeing her getting kicked around like some stray cat in canon. 

She has an arsenal of cool moves yet even in the anime she only has one real shining moment in assassinating an old senator. Yet her whole story in canon is about redemption from her acts as a Shadaloo member.  

She managed to save her sisters but how many losses did she endure doing it? Basically all of the ones that may have established her above the mainstream World Warriors. 

Cammy could beat Juri without her eye hax too because she’s genetically amplified with Bisons DNA but we’re not having that discussion here. 

Edited by bakfromon
5 hours ago, bakfromon said:

When Cammy gets a relevant win over another opponent that isn’t Officer Pete from ASF then she’ll be released from this bad stigma of a losing streak she’s been on in canon

Cviper =Loss

Juri = Loss
Vega = Loss 

If make people feel better, in her SFV complete record she have

A victory over Decapre (ASF)

An unknown result fight with Azam, she definitely did'nt won, but may have been a draw (ASF)

A victory over Shadaloo-Birdie (Story)

A victory over FANG (Story)

Tbh i think the thing that crippled her SFV image a bit was have her clash more than Vega, when was chosen that Vega is superior to her* and the fact she did'nt had much else to do

Must also say SFV did'nt had many villains for every hero to shine, not sure who else Cammy could have got

Bison, Urien and even Necalli would have bodied Cammy

Kolin was getting wink to be on par with Juri if they had to fight, would not like Cammy's chances vs new girl needing to be hyped up (Viper and Juri flashbacks)

Rog could hve been in her range but they were already giving him to bunch of other people, he would have been another meme level losing record ike Fang

Ed or Falke could have been a viable option to give her a name win, but they was'nt ready (Ed only hinted and Falke still unseen)

Any other Doll would have been ignored as feat, and she already defeated the best in Decapre

Ultimately Cammy did'nt got it much worse than Guile, but i still have to see Guile fans complain a 10% of what Cammy/Chun people did daily for whole SFV life 😄

*Something i'm completely ok with it, i like to think Shadakings were waiting at the end of the SF2 run because they were that good

Bison is Bison, when not depressed Sagat is implied to be an extremely elite fighter even for SF standards, Vega is the man just one step below Sagat... i was ok see him showing superiority over Cammy and that it took an enhanced hyped being with big feats history  (Juri) to show him getting an L (wich was'nt even SO dramatic, more heavy implied Juri>Vega)

Fang get free pass for losing because his place as Shadaking it's not entirely based on fighting skills, still props for his balls at be ok to fight both Vega and Rog at same time

Balrog get bit excused for being implied to be inferior to Gief, after all he's the lowest to Shadakings (plus a gimmick of his char is decline, his peak glory days being a thing of the past) and SFV Gief did multiple crazy thinks that susprised even other SF characters lol... still got some respect when he defeated -a possibly weakened- Necalli, or when to face him Ibuki and Mika had to combine their efforts and still were not able to KO him... they had apparent upper hand but seems damage did'nt had much effect on him, actually Ibuki would have been likely one-shotted if was'nt for Mika jumping in

Ls to Urien and Ed make sense for different reasons

Overall i liked the portrayal of Shadakings in SFV, wish Sagat made it to Start Cast/Season1 so i could have seen him in ASF(plus no Muay Thai for so long was criminal, crime SF6 is repeating)... could have helped Ryu with his training, would have been cool for bunch of resaons

This was cool to see

Sagat Vs Ryu GIF - Sagat Street Fighter Five - Discover & Share GIFsSagat vs Ryu | Combat boots, Leather glove, Leather

17 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

do you expect a major retcon on ASF?

between the story SFv arcade mode path and ASF what do think they will adopt since not everthing that happen in ASF do always compliment in SF5 Arcade path?

Hard to say. Since it's so recent and by the same dev team for the most part, I don't think so, but I can see them elaborating or tweaking things. They may be vague overall and just build from what was there if they're going to reference SFV.

22 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

This Twitter account has a new Japanese artbook (Street Fighter V Climax Arts +Zero to 6), and is highlighting sections of interest from it (in Japanese). Thought some folk here would enjoy.

Ooh, good find, thanks for posting, dude!

8 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Hard to say. Since it's so recent and by the same dev team for the most part, I don't think so, but I can see them elaborating or tweaking things. They may be vague overall and just build from what was there if they're going to reference SFV.

The Rose storyline (I guess) wasn't originally planned for SFV either, so if they wanted wriggle-room for 6's story, then that's one way of getting it.

Side note, I'm not even half-convinced, but I'd personally like Cammy's stage to be more in the grim dark north of England where I'm from, the stage really reminds me of an area in Manchester, even down to the streets on the right hand side of the road: 

5272156683_5a72bce71e_b.png

Red bus, can't explain. But "Big Ben"? (Photo from a little along the road)

deansgate-hilton-hotel.png

Pointless speculation, but I'd like somewhere closer to home to be in there!

Edited by JustBooming
18 minutes ago, Daemos said:

@ScotiaThat timeline you posted is sure interesting, but it does not satiate sadly. Give me Shadaloo crumbs please to ease the pain. Dictator deetz for this forgotten fan. Any bits of evil will do.... but if you have hope to give, it would be best...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e474po23ki8xik03mrq8

at first glance when reading this while looking into the cat, I thought I see Bison smiling face reflecting in the cats eyes lol

Picking some @Scotiatwits

Nakyama's thoughts on Laura; "When the idea of jiu-jitsu user from South America came up, I thought that only 'Sean's sister' would do. I thought this would give Sean a strong background for his apprenticeship with Ken...

I wanted to create a fighter with a cool personality who understands her own sexiness and is not sarcastic. I personally like this character a lot."

Awesome see so much appreciation for Laura, raise my hopes to see her in SF6

Nakayama also says that he was torn between having Ed's default be the hoodie or the uniform but went with the latter because of the fate Ed he's carried.

This is interesting because we talked about this often in the past. Ed's alt hoodie is essentially the actual look Ed canon wise have during whole SFV timeline events (ASF, him leaving Shadaloo etc)

It's interesting he still mentions Ed's fate, because from SF6 design thought he somehow break free from it

As said before, the plan for SF5 was to go to Season 6 before things changed. The original plan was to have Seth in Season 4, Gill in Season 5 then 'another boss' in Season 6 but when things changed they felt like they had to include Gill in Season 4.

This is intersting, wonder who the "another Boss" would have been... guess a powered up version of G or Necalli could have been possible, considering we seen official concepts of both

Could explain the "G is the Boss of SFV" shit 🤔

Also know a Season 6 was planned (till now i guess general consesous was that even 5th was something ADDED, that we got an extra one, but in reality we got one less) make me think we got robbed of something... lol even more reasons to feel SFV was incomplete shit.

Wonder who would have been the 5 others beside the mysterious boss... Sean made it as NPC and had a "SFV design" (the yellow V hoodie tracksuit), maybe he was a solid bet

JP is an important character who is involved in the story of SF6. He is indeed a villain, but his role is different than Bison, Gill and Seth. His logo (where it reads JP both ways) is meant to represent his duality.

From how is written here i'm guessing if JP may even be one who does good things too, but he's down to murder you as long fit his own personal gain... curious to see this symbol they speak about

Wonder if somebody else will fullfill the role of SF6 Boss, his words choice "important character", "a villain" sure hint his role but feel strange when he could have just said "JP is the Boss of SF6"

Though they can't go into specifics, Nakayama says that it is 'safe to assume' that if characters are added in the future post-release their inclusion will be reflected in World Tour mode as well, so it seems that World Tour mode will be updated even after release.

Expected, but nice to see it confirmed

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

As said before, the plan for SF5 was to go to Season 6 before things changed. The original plan was to have Seth in Season 4, Gill in Season 5 then 'another boss' in Season 6 but when things changed they felt like they had to include Gill in Season 4.

It was probably gonna be something cancer like Oni.

JP is an important character who is involved in the story of SF6. He is indeed a villain, but his role is different than Bison, Gill and Seth. His logo (where it reads JP both ways) is meant to represent his duality.

We shall see. He could be a boss in SF6 because the story is not linear. There could be multiple branching and overlapping stories with multiple bosses.

You need a special type of villain to be the big bad of all, and the setting to be either a tournament or some impending planetary disaster. 

Edited by Daemos
24 minutes ago, Daemos said:

It was probably gonna be something cancer like Oni.. 

I think it's likely the case, as said rather than an all new character i thought would have been an evlved version of G or Necalli

Cheap if you ask me, but i'm waaay more tolerant when Akuma bullshit/ansatsuken recycle it's not involved lol... even if now that you make me think about it i fucking hated Decapre too

On other hand very last season would have been a very narrow window on the whole timeline to make shine an all new character, unless it had a direct follow-up with SF6  (like Luke)

30 minutes ago, Daemos said:

We shall see. He could be a boss in SF6 because the story is not linear. There could be multiple branching and overlapping stories with multiple bosses.

You need a special type of villain to be the big bad of all, and the setting to be either a tournament or some impending planetary disaster. 

Yeah, also considering the world tour thing SF6 give me the vibes to be developed in "chapters"... that's why i would not even be much surprised if Ken get some spotlight defeating JP, when will probably be hinted he was'nt the only "Boss-like" figure nor the most powerful

Fact itself Akuma is in S1, make me think Ryu will not be involved much n Ken's run at JP

The timeline in the new book is just a (slightly) modified version of the one presented in SF:Beyond the World.

Pictures and tranlation by @Scotia. Thanks man!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Another wasted oportunity to fix some things....

And, as always, Nakayama and Matsumoto are REALLY dodgy about SF2 events... they even removed the entry mentioning that Vega wanted Ryu's body.

And... once more... SFZ3 and SF2 are two separate events with the Psycho Drive being destroyed during it's events 3 years prior SF2.

Also, Ryu defeats Sagat with a regular Shoryuken.

Hey @ScotiaGreat job on those translations. The one about Alex really struck me when I first read it a while ago because it made me realize something about his original design that went over my head for so long.

The lines hes has on his shoulders in SF 3 aren't paint or scars but are a direct cause of him wearing his suspenders all the time during SF5. By the time of SF3 he has nearly permanent indents from the tightening straps against his shoulders. Because of this fact I also don't think the marks under his eyes are scars or paint of any kind but they are stylized eyebags. Alex trains too much and gets almost no sleep. 

alex-sf3-2nd-impact-art-by-kinu-nishimur

@Miðgarðsormand I had theorized that because Alex's hometown is New York city which has been dubbed "the city that never sleeps" Alex's sleep schedule must be horrible and he gets very little.

His mentor Tom who resembles Jean Reno is also famous for having bags under his eyes as well🤣  I noticed that the shaded lines under Toms eyes in certain artwork have a similar outline to Alex's eye marks but are shaded a natural color unlike Alex's

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQodBJjML4_x6Xrr8xbES5

Alex's story in SF5 is also based around his horrible sleep schedule.  His attitude is very dreary and moody as if he's always tired. In fact he initially falls asleep of his own volition during lunch time (midday) in the beginning of his story. No need for sleeping gas from the Shadaloo soldiers, though they would use it later to subdue him and remove him from Shadaloo labs after testing. He probably wouldn't have been kidnapped by Shadaloo and forced to endure FANGs experiments had he not needed his mid day nap😴

His story mode costume is the only one not to feature his eye bags because of the fact that he's basically at the start of his journey at this point. Its the youngest canon appearance he has. 

alex0130pxl.jpg

Edited by bakfromon
10 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Another wasted oportunity to fix some things....

And, as always, Nakayama and Matsumoto are REALLY dodgy about SF2 events... they even removed the entry mentioning that Vega wanted Ryu's body.

And... once more... SFZ3 and SF2 are two separate events with the Psycho Drive being destroyed during it's events 3 years prior SF2.

Also, Ryu defeats Sagat with a regular Shoryuken

To be fair even if this is official when you look at what's being presented as a whole story we can say that SFZ3 and SF2 are separate stories but we know by what's being presented in media that these stories are entwined. SF2 still has no definitive story beyond a fighting tournament being held.  The SF4 anime prelude trailer seems to imply that the Psycho Drive was still operating after the events of SF2 and had been up until Bison's initial destruction. Now it could be that that Shadaloo had remade the Psycho Drive in a short time but it would seem redundant and unlikely given the circumstances. We know Mikas ending is Canon so SFZ3 had to have happened in some sense. I'd just like to simplify it into one event lol. 

The plain Shoryuken scarring Sagat is  something I do agree with however. The technique was initially a finisher and meant to end a fight as quickly as possible with a possibility of mortal injury. It was only after the introduction of Satsui no Hado that the SRK had to be of that variety in order to scar  or kill someone. Though I feel initially this wasn't the case and as it was a originally a special sure kill technique without SnH and had to be carefully and perfectly executed in order not to kill someone. Though it's power alone could render an opponent unconscious with one well placed strike like in the original SF. 

@bakfromonExcellent find regarding Alex. I honestly had no idea but now everything makes sense. I have newfound appreciation for his design.

@ScotiaIs the "(?)" in Bison's SF5 description after the words "Final moments" from you or Capcom? Because those are DEFINITELY not his final moments! :bison:

It's also nice of them to acknowledge what Ono said in the very beginning, that SF5 Bison is the strongest he's ever been, even though the final boss fight was anticlimatic compared to Alpha3.

10 minutes ago, Daemos said:

@ScotiaIs the "(?)" in Bison's SF5 description after the words "Final moments" from you or Capcom? Because those are DEFINITELY not his final moments! :bison:

That was from Nakayama, yes. I was surprised that so many people on Twitter took those comments as his deconfirmation when I feel it's pretty obvious that Nakayama is blatantly teasing that we haven't seen the last of Bison. 

People don't know how to read between the lines, or honestly if you just watch the SF5 character stories that take place during and after ASF (season 2 onwards), it's pretty obvious that the intent all along was to bring him back in some capacity.

These guys also seem to be big on the SF2AM, so they probably love themselves some Bison too!

I just hope it's him and not that fucking gorilla. xD

Edited by Daemos
9 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Hey @ScotiaGreat job on those translations. The one about Alex really struck me when I first read it a while ago because it made me realize something about his original design that went over my head for so long.

The lines hes has on his shoulders in SF 3 aren't paint or scars but are a direct cause of him wearing his suspenders all the time during SF5. By the time of SF3 he has nearly permanent indents from the tightening straps against his shoulders. Because of this fact I also don't think the marks under his eyes are scars or paint of any kind but they are stylized eyebags. Alex trains too much and gets almost no sleep. 

Really doubt eyes ones are eyebags, in SF3 depending on artist seems either scars (Kinu in some pieces) like shoulder marks or (Ikeno and some other from Kinu ones) everything seem pro-wrestling paint (possibly paint over existing scars)

Btw whole red eyes/shoulders marks thing was to seek the Devilman look, almost every SF3 char wink at a different anime char lol

https://www.sentieriselvaggi.it/wp-content/uploads/public/articoli/57756/Images/devilman1.jpg

Edited by CESTUS III

Really doubt eyes ones are eyebags, in SF3 depending on artist seems either scars (Kinu in some pieces) like shoulder marks or (Ikeno and some other from Kinu ones) everything seem pro-wrestling paint (possibly paint over existing scars)

Btw whole red eyes/shoulders marks thing was to seek the Devilman look, almost every SF3 char wink at a different anime char lol

To be fair the eye bags was a joke but I was serious about the shoulder straps. There's a comic featured in the SF3 Secret File in which Mel (Ken's son) asks why Alex doesn't wear his suspenders up. When Alex shows him why Mel is horrified for the obvious fact that his suspenders are too tight. Especially at the crotch level 🤣

In SF5 he hides his Moose Knuckles with his plaid shirt tied around his waist. spacer.png

Edited by bakfromon
36 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Thanks for the threads Scotia. I love reading BTS on games. I hope that art book can come to the US soon.

This was the most interesting factoid to me. It looks like the intent is to have JP be more nuanced. 

The whole thing about him being a villain who represents "duality" is something that the developers have been doing for a long time with the villain but it has been very apparent. 

Gill and Seth for example obviously represent duality within their designs. Duality within an abbreviation of a name however is very mysterious. We know there's an obvious duality in his story and how he is viewed on the world scale (national hero) versus what he's implied to be doing (plunderer)

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

https://www.sentieriselvaggi.it/wp-content/uploads/public/articoli/57756/Images/devilman1.jpg

The strap lines as well as the eyeliner really make me think of Alex, and it's probably why his Halloween swap was such a perfect fit

55 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

The whole thing about him being a villain who represents "duality" is something that the developers have been doing for a long time with the villain but it has been very apparent. 

Gill and Seth for example obviously represent duality within their designs. Duality within an abbreviation of a name however is very mysterious. We know there's an obvious duality in his story and how he is viewed on the world scale (national hero) versus what he's implied to be doing (plunderer)

Honestly I am still not sold on JP being the next bad in the series.

Did anyone read what the devs said about G in @Scotia's thread? That wasn't even his true form. There is so much story and room to mine and expand with G/Q. I'm honestly shocked this thread is left wide open once again.

The only logical thing I can think of, is they are using JP to expand and tie-up the loose ends of the Neo-Shadaloo arc first before moving to something else.

54 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Honestly I am still not sold on JP being the next bad in the series.

Did anyone read what the devs said about G in @Scotia's thread? That wasn't even his true form. There is so much story and room to mine and expand with G/Q. I'm honestly shocked this thread is left wide open once again.

The only logical thing I can think of, is they are using JP to expand and tie-up the loose ends of the Neo-Shadaloo arc first before moving to something else.

Yuuuup!

This goes with the theory I've had that G's been around for ages, but the President of the World Gimmick is just his latest. I still think G & Q are separate, but connected people, but this goes on with showing that they've both been around longer than we expected.

I really hope that if they are continuing the thread of G & Q, they do it early rather than waaay later. While I'd love to play as them in s2, I'm fine with cameos and references in world Tour off the ba to show that they're still remembered and we'll be going there eventually.

Necalli is a mess and a reminder of the narrative hiccups, I don't think an encore is in the cards. Heck even in the comments of this piece by ssshuckle someone points out that Capcom JP wished Necalli a happy birthday via Tweet, but Eng Capcom ignored. Ouch lol   Also, gendered & non-gendered pronouns are used in Japanese more often than English, may be because Necalli is inhuman, not sure, but I doubt this is anything. Like I said, Necalli was a mess and halfway through SFV, they just rushed the loc'd one out the door and into the dumpster in a hurry.

30 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Necalli is a mess and a reminder of the narrative hiccups, I don't think an encore is in the cards. Heck even in the comments of this piece by ssshuckle someone points out that Capcom JP wished Necalli a happy birthday via Tweet, but Eng Capcom ignored. Ouch lol   Also, gendered & non-gendered pronouns are used in Japanese more often than English, may be because Necalli is inhuman, not sure, but I doubt this is anything. Like I said, Necalli was a mess and halfway through SFV, they just rushed the loc'd one out the door and into the dumpster in a hurry.

I really believe Necalli may return with a completely revamped look and playstyle like Seth. Not necessarily feminizing him, but more like double down on the inhuman shape-shifting mud thing he has going for him. They could make him really nightmarish like a cross between Twelve and The Thing.

edit-

But if they really wanna show off the engine, I'd rather we get sentient Twelve (aka Nash) or Thirteen.

Edited by Daemos
5 hours ago, Daemos said:

Did anyone read what the devs said about G in @Scotia's thread? That wasn't even his true form.

4 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

This goes with the theory I've had that G's been around for ages, but the President of the World Gimmick is just his latest.

For what's worth we seen Capcom guys made a concept of a very different G, canon or not (we can't know) at least it hint they likely considered UncleSam-G just a farce/mask because his real self will not be accepted by society

c6wgdhI