Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Vega is sharp and perfect for Claw as much as "Balrog" would suck on him

This is something I disagree with. Even though "Vega" is a common Spanish name... Claw is every bit the ferocious and monstrous demon the name Balrog demands of its bearer.

I'm a big fan of the below origin story for Claw, which is why I always hoped that it was Dictator and Claw to be the names on the graffiti wall not Boxer.

DdSGO3z.jpg

WTUk60S.jpg

8Hf556N.jpg

I think unlike all the other Shadaloo Kings, Claw may be the only one with a traumatic love/hate relationship with Dictator. He simultaneously thinks of him as supremely ugly for what he is and does, but he knows that Dictator is the only one who sees and accepts the supreme ugliness that lives inside Claw. He even forgave him for what he did to Cammy in Alpha 3 where he wouldve killed others for the same mistake).

Having Claw be the first to return by his side makes a lot of sense, especially if AKI has already killed FANG and usurped him. Vega was and must remain the longest serving Shadaking along with Bison, their interests do align frequently (eternal strength for Bison and eternal Beauty for Vega).

nM9n96E.jpg

The Devil and his Angel of Death.

12 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

They should leave names the fuck alone

PYant9p.gif

Japanese names has been iconic to japanese audience for decades

Western names has been iconic to rest of the world audience for decades

Community even already found universal names  (Dictator, Claw, Boxer) to dodge confusion without need to change shit

If forced to pick (wich again i think would be an error) i would say keep western because

-i'm personally used to these at this point

-it's by far the most common all around the world, so touch it would generate more confusion

-Despite the original meaning at my ear they sound overall better:

M.Bison demand respect, fit well Dictator

Vega is sharp and perfect for Claw as much as "Balrog" would suck on him

Balrog makes think at a brute ferocious monster, fitting well Boxer

Western names are 3 on 3 good with Vega/Claw being great

Jap ones would have a great one M(ike)Bison/Boxer but at the price of ruin badly Claw, 2 good 1 bad

Got western winningby Split Decision

Btw

This Guy Gets It Nick Offerman GIF - This Guy Gets It Nick Offerman -  Discover & Share GIFs

I mean, i know Vega and Balrog have different origins, but  even if "wrong" still would be perfect combination

Bison to Tyson, plus Boxer's "symbol animal" is a bull

Zorro surname to the aristocratic masked spaniard that play with blades

Tolkien's demon name to the devilish boss, plus darkness and flames thing

Afgan - So Wrong But So Right (Official Video) - YouTube

I can see why the SF team wants to standardize the names. A lot of other Japanese series have done it without hurting their brands. Sega recently renamed the Yakuza series Like a Dragon in the west to reflect the Japanese naming of the titles. Capcom themselves played around with this when they gave RE7 the Biohazard subtitle in the west. It will make life easier for everyone if all regions shared the same names. 

7 hours ago, Daemos said:

This is something I disagree with. Even though "Vega" is a common Spanish name... Claw is every bit the ferocious and monstrous demon the name Balrog demands of its bearer.

Nah, fuck that, NOTHING beats "Vega" for Claw, sorry not buying your shit don't dare touch it to give it to dictator 🤣

Balrog is rough, primitive and brutish sound that leave no room for finesse, Claw is indeed vicious and bloodthirsty but graceful

I'm a big fan of the below origin story for Claw, which is why I always hoped that it was Dictator and Claw to be the names on the graffiti wall not Boxer.

That as far we know seems just fan fiction, i've never seen any indication Bison raised Vega taking him under his wing when still kid

Watching the pattern of Balrog and Sagat being recruited as Shadakings when they were already famed and estabilished fighters (famous retired boxer and former muay thai king) guess most likely scenario is Bison recruited Vega when was already the king of underground gladiatorial games, wich happened surely after he arleady learned bullfighting in Spain, learned Ninjutsu in Japan and returned to Europe... so going by logic chances are Bison hired him when already adult because he wanted a top fighter in the euro area too

Btw i would love Vega to return rather than Rog, because he's unique and iconic, while even as lifelong Tyson fan for boxing i take DUDLEY over Rog any day

But tbh i really doubt Rog will not make it, they seem to care a lot about SF6 style gimmicks (too much at times imho) and Rog would fit a lot, plus Ed already in may be the hook he need to jump in

I think unlike all the other Shadaloo Kings, Claw may be the only one with a traumatic love/hate relationship with Dictator. He simultaneously thinks of him as supremely ugly for what he is and does, but he knows that Dictator is the only one who sees and accepts the supreme ugliness that lives inside Claw. He even forgave him for what he did to Cammy in Alpha 3 where he wouldve killed others for the same mistake).

Having Claw be the first to return by his side makes a lot of sense, especially if AKI has already killed FANG and usurped him. Vega was and must remain the longest serving Shadaking along with Bison, their interests do align frequently (eternal strength for Bison and eternal Beauty for Vega).

For the reason above explained i doubt there's that much emotional bond canon wise

Simply Bison likely pay him very great amount of money to behave like a psycho, and Vega can't ask for a better job lol

Must be said till the silly Reinfield style slave FANG thrown his absolute devotion at Bison, Vega proven himself to be to most loyal  of Bison's generals, considering how Sagat and Rog turned out

Btw Bison forgave Vega for the same reason he forgave FANG fighting him or Rog being not loyal (something Bison is surely aware of)... Bison is fueled by evil he does'nt care if servants do wrong things (even betrayal) as long they can still be useful tools at his disposal

PS: i agree with you on the "Master" thing, even if as kids we probably called him "Mister Bison" 999 times, and still have to do it if i talk about SF with some friend that otherwise will not understand wich char we talk about lol

For a simple reason, "M."

Assuming english is the language used i think the abbreviation for Mister should be "Mr." not "M."

Plus i'm not super familiar with english language, but "mister" feels very related to civil context, considering his clear love for military world to express power and hierarchy, "mister" feels awkward... would expect him to want by grade (General, Admiral) or with some made-up highest title having same function of furher/dux (while  of course dodging these words)... Lord Bison, work in that way already effectively to some extent (even if add an aristocratic vibe to it)

Returning to "M.", at least here in Italy is common see traditional martial arts Masters being refered with M. before surname, so the karate master Carlo Rossi can be shortened as M.Rossi or M° Rossi

Did some quick check and seems also in english "M." can be used as abbreviation of Master, but tbh i'm not 100% sure lol

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I can see why the SF team wants to standardize the names. A lot of other Japanese series have done it without hurting their brands. Sega recently renamed the Yakuza series Like a Dragon in the west to reflect the Japanese naming of the titles. Capcom themselves played around with this when they gave RE7 the Biohazard subtitle in the west. It will make life easier for everyone if all regions shared the same names. 

Just now, Shakunetsu said:

I have this for years now except for years now.

I always wanted a story brief about how the switching of name happens in a NARRATIVE way.

I have posted some bits of this in SRK by playing with perspective, but I have figure out in the pandemic. starting with Balrog and Mike which I posted in different forum.

by making it a mistake on reports and data among the Shadaloo Henchman that have barely information, because they operate in secret and in the shadows thus confusing them and data about there documented profile in the 80s and 90s were un refined

Almost of their mission are either assassination of someone that is an obstacle to Shadaloo's goal, that making the info about them before alpha timeline are only known through gathered from either far distance or just glimpses of them or what's left in the scene. 

kinda like how myth and legends are told similar to the JACK THE RIPPER because the WITNESS that had glimpse of them were survivors but weren't their TARGET. Everything known about JACK THE RIPPER were mostly speculation

Since this was after and before Alpha not when they became seen and expose to the rest of the cast like Chunli, Nash and Guile.

The story takes place aftermath of Alpha during Bison first defeat.

it start of Boxer reminiscing his past and the days he got into Shadaloo without knowing his past life as Mike.

While him now declaring himself as the new big leader of the Shadaloo during Dictator's recovery and absence after he got obliterated in Alpha

That Boxer quicky rise to ranks and became henchman thag Dictator can rely into more than Claw that is selective of his missions.

1.  Boxer story took place After SF1
  2.  Boxer first mission and when he became finally a high ranking henchman of Shadaloo because of Claw being unreliable. Before SFAlpha
  3.  Boxer ruling of Shadaloo for a brief period, because Bison is obliterated in Alpha. After SFAlpha.
  4.  Dictators new Body CCTV footage. Before SF2 took place.

Some kind of a short story named SHADALOO RISING. its something I have been thinking for along period of time but i haven't had tools to do it. the backstory Boxer and Claw and how the mistake happened on switching names that the mistake was from them being like how jack the ripper is perceive and the lack of basis regarding their identities.

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

That as far we know seems just fan fiction, i've never seen any indication Bison raised Vega taking him under his wing when still kid

Obviously from the drawings it is fan fiction. It even inspired the short movie about Vega's origin. My point is that it is the best fan fiction and should be canonized by Capcom because it makes a lot of sense and gives more dimension to their characters and relationship.

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

But tbh i really doubt Rog will not make it, they seem to care a lot about SF6 style gimmicks (too much at times imho) and Rog would fit a lot, plus Ed already in may be the hook he need to jump in

If the Neo-Shadaloo plotline is coming into play in year 1, then Ed, Balrog, Bison make sense. I can also see them forgoing Vega because AKI is both FANG's replacement functionally and the new "claw" character for now.

I still think Vega/Dudley would've made more people happy than Balrog. Not suggesting that you can't have both Dudley and Balrog in the game, but if you look at the number of available slots (22-28 characters), things are getting tight and the most likely SF3 reps are probably a waifu and Urien (looking at SF5 charts). SF's characters have grown greatly in numbers since the start of the new era.

Still, I'll be very grateful if Boxer and Dic come into SF6 so soon. They were both my mains in SF5 along with Guile and Urien, and we could increase the number of villains in SF6 by 4 in a single year since the roster is too goody-goody right now.

28 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Globalize it. Just pull the trigger.

I will greatly miss Japanese FANG's "Begasamaaaaaa!!!" defeat voiceline. Can you imagine them having to retroactively change all JP or Non-USA releases to the US names? That's a lot of fucking work. Better the opposite would be much more of a nightmare internationally as indicated by the polls.

Let's hope they do the right/smart thing, but it's probably time to pull the trigger. The Battle Hub -always online- international digital arcade setting demands it.

On 3/11/2023 at 8:13 PM, Daemos said:

Obviously from the drawings it is fan fiction. It even inspired the short movie about Vega's origin. My point is that it is the best fan fiction and should be canonized by Capcom because it makes a lot of sense and gives more dimension to their characters and relationship.

I'm not debating if is good or not, just that being fan-fiction anything coming from that should not influence the discussion about actual characters canon relationship

If for whatever reason capcom will ever canonize it indeed would have an impact and change some dynamics, but till that day i just speak sticking to what we have, so far the whole dynamic between Vega and Bison seems different from the emotional/psychological drama you painted

13 hours ago, Daemos said:

I will greatly miss Japanese FANG's "Begasamaaaaaa!!!" defeat voiceline. Can you imagine them having to retroactively change all JP or Non-USA releases to the US names? That's a lot of fucking work. Better the opposite would be much more of a nightmare internationally as indicated by the polls.

They would not retroactively change anything, just pick a direction and go with that from that point going forward (still not a fan)

Btw put that way make it seems everybody-but-USA use JP names, but on reality i think is quite the contrary and vast majority of fans is used to USA ones (wich is why change western ones will spread way more confusion between fanbase, specially semi-casual/mainstream ones)

Wich countries use Jap names beside Japan itself?

Lol! I hardly think they'll change the names or even unify them.

Just... relax.

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Daemos said:

You'll then hear "My Lord Vegaaaaaaaa!" 🤣

7 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

Akuma? When that happened? He's still called only Gouki in Japan AFAIK.

yeah that's why i put the "(?)" but I think in Tekken7 and SF5 he was Akuma only. I remember watching it on a Japanese player's stream and doing a double take. Can someone confirm?

I think canonically, Akuma's birth name was Gouki and he became Akuma around the time he killed Goutetsu through the SNH.

Edited by Daemos
24 minutes ago, Daemos said:

yeah that's why i put the "(?)" but I think in Tekken7 and SF5 he was Akuma only. I remember watching it on a Japanese player's stream and doing a double take. Can someone confirm?

Well, he was still called Gouki in the japanese version of SFV and Tekken 7.

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I think canonically, Akuma's birth name was Gouki and he became Akuma around the time he killed Goutetsu through the SNH.

I'm pretty sure that was from the "Assassin's Fist" plot. Wasn't it?

41 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Then why are they surveying Boxer and Dictator if they are not considering it?

Sheer curiosity. They know that the overseas market is bigger than the jp one. So they know that most players will either call them "boxer" or "dictator"  or their overseas names than the jp ones.

37 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Maybe they wanted to be certain? Think they also wanted to find out what the "M" stands for overseas for Dictator.

Yeah, but why? What's the point (besides curiosity)? I can understand the "M" pool though. AASFZ3 mentions that the "M" for the dictator is actually Mister instead of Mike. He was called Mr. Bison in a lot of places. That changed when Cammy called him Master in Alpha 3 and Zoltar called him like that in SF2V.

I'm pretty sure there will be an option to toggle between the jp and the overseas names. I think that SF4 had it.

On a side note, it seems that the artbook from the Mad Gear Box Edition will be in english. That's what it's shown even in the jp site and/or panel.

Edited by Lord_Vega
33 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Think the earliest reference to Master was the SF2AM. He was referred to as Master Bison, Master, The Master, and Master of Shadaloo by several subordinates and others. There could be an older reference I am unaware of. Alpha 3 indirectly canonized it after.

I will check because I seem to remember him being referred to as "Master" and "Master Bison" in the Kanzaki manga translation released by Tokuma

3 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:
3 hours ago, Daemos said:

I'm pretty sure that was from the "Assassin's Fist" plot. Wasn't it?

In my “head canon” since Gouki and Gouken are brothers, and Gouken translates in “Strong Fist” 剛拳  I’d like to think that before his fall from grace  Gouki would have translated to “Great Spirit” 豪気 (still pronounced Goh-kee) .
It suits them both as Gouken was older and  physically he’s a sturdier build between the two while Gouki had more will to push himself beyond what he could physically do. 
It’s only after Gouki becomes obsessed with the SnH that the “Oni” overcomes his spirit hence why he changes his name to mean “Great Ogre” 豪鬼.  

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

Think the earliest reference to Master was the SF2AM. He was referred to as Master Bison, Master, The Master, and Master of Shadaloo by several subordinates and others. There could be an older reference I am unaware of. Alpha 3 indirectly canonized it after.

That will depend which english dub came first. I think there were 2 before the ones for the BluRay release.

Here in Brazil, the AM had 3 different PT-BR dubs (that I'm aware of):

1st: Theater dub (horrible, poor sound quality and it even translated the names of the moves. Hadoken became "Bola de Fogo", Tatsumaki "Chute Giratório" and so on);

2nd: The most known one, had most of the voice actors whom also acted on SF2V and SF: Code of Honor series. Aired on regular TV stations and was included on the VHS release;

3rd: Exclusive dub for airplanes. Mostly these were made in studios set in Miami. Aired on Cartoon Network in early 2000s.

Don't remember the 1st one, but the second and third dub refers Bison as "Senhor" (Sir or Mister).

It's from this movie that Bison calls himselft in third person on the original jp dub, which later was adopted in the Zero series.

35 minutes ago, Daemos said:

With what you said, I guess Akuma could be the name the others gave him since he began to behave and resemble a devil more. He would obviously still refer to himself by Gouki.

I think Capcom could easily resolve his name situation. 

But we all know Akuma is the name Capcom of US gave him to make him seem like the big bad where as in Japan his name meaning already has a darker undertone  but isn’t necessarily wholeheartedly evil albeit extreme.  
My point was to show that you could do a similar name meaning change although with same name in Japanese. Of course explaining these sorts of nuances in a fighting game backstory would be tedious and for the sake of simplicity Gouki changing into Akuma is just what fans are used to at this point.  
Though the way I see it at one point Gouki meant “Strong Spirit” until the point he chose the path of SnH then the connotation changes to mean “Great Ogre”

Everyone refers to Gouki as such although individuals such as Gouken or even Ryu for instance will chastise Gouki for corrupting or contaminating his spirit, Hado, and abandoning humanity.  This should be the nod that alludes to Gouki’s “spirit” and how he has contaminated it in pursuit of power. 

I personally think all the Japanese names are better within the context of the original game including Gouki and Nash. They all just click and the history behind the choices have more depth and authenticity.  I understand that if standardization is the goal then that ship has sailed.

I just hope Capcom are smart about this and make the transition as smooth as possible. Quick and painless.

I really want to get this “M.” Nonsense behind us. I remember 2 commentators debating what the M stood for in front of thousands of twitch viewers during an SF5 tournament a while back. It was a sad day for Dictator fans (but just Tuesday for him).

The Akuma/Gouki thing could be indeed be solved easily

Gouki = Birthname

Akuma = Nickname

Would not be first time a SF character does'nt use his birthname, we have many others already

Even standardize it as Akuma* will work, most characters would know him as infamous character by his nickname, even Ryu or Gouken may use it as a way to express distance as if they're declaring "Gouki" is dead the moment he became Akuma, using "Akuma" essentially with disrespect (even if i think Gouken would keep call him Gouki)

Would even fit how in SF4 a further (even if "what if" hypothetical future one) trasformation had him  use a new name (Oni/Kuruoshiki Oni), as if Gouki's corruption push him so far from what he was at birth that a new name is required the further he goes

Gouki -> Akuma -> Oni

Get rid of his normal human birth name is fitting for a char that want to get rid of his humanity, while keep "Gouki" (because he never truly trascended humanity) would still be useful as final humiliation when Ryu will call him like that after beating his ass lol

*i personally prefer Gouki, but to roll with US names being best as a whole

Here's a thought experiment for yall...

Knowing what we know so far about SF6's story, when it takes place on the timeline, and the fact that we are likely to get an additional 22-28 DLC characters (4 of which already known).

So from a purely STORY and LORE perspective (not popularity per se), which 18-24 characters should make it into the game [3-4 seasons]? Bonus points if you can group them in a linear narrative that pushes the story forward season by season.

If you feel strongly about certain characters definitely add explainers on why they will add value to this chapter.

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

So from a purely STORY and LORE perspective (not popularity per se), which 18-24 characters should make it into the game [3-4 seasons]?

What I know about the story basically just boils down to some terrorist attacks in a fictional country?

So...I guess all the spy/law enforcement characters?  Like Viper.  And more terrorist characters?  I dunno.

Also, the main game is in Metro City?  So...lots of FF characters?  Weird that there's none in the launch roster.

Just gimmie Haggar.

Edited by DarthEnderX
On 3/13/2023 at 8:51 PM, DarthEnderX said:

Also, the main game is in Metro City?  So...lots of FF characters?  Weird that there's none in the launch roster.

Just gimmie Haggar.

that kinda remind me of something in a different forum that i posted also

I kinda wanted a "single player mode" that in metro city you'll visit HAGGAR's MAYOR office and the variety of the scenes is kinda inspired by FF games intro

and he will give you a task/mission to fight MAD GEAR that is going into RIOTs

where he ask you to go in a certain place in metro city and beat thugs.

Either Haggar will get interrupted by

1. A television interruption and sent you to the said info that came from a mad gear leader on TV like FF1, or it appears as a newsflash

2. Or see an explosion in the window like FF3

3.  You getting a phone call from mike haggar like in FF2

just like in Final Fight games intro,

Edited by Shakunetsu
10 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I think we'll find a lot of cameos or NPC characters from FF. Also Kimblerly could be repping Guy literally, so he might see him.

I'd like to see Haggar but I doubt he will make it unless they completely rework him. I'd rather see Cody/Poison/Guy again tbh. Sodom would be nice, think he has a restaurant in the city. Never Lucia.

I think the potential story threads/leads are the following:

SF6 Main plot (Nayshall/JP arc)  - Not much is known here but conjecture. Probably the side that needs a few more NEW characters to flesh out. Viper could be here.

SF3 Aftermath Arc - Gill or Urien so we can infer what happened in SF3 finally, Alex (or Tom?!), Necro/Effie or Twelve, Q, Oro, Sean (especially with what's happening to Ken), and Remy's Zaddy please. I think all these characters still could  have something interesting to say/do.

SF5 Aftermath (Neoshadaloo and G arcs) - Rose/Menat, G, Dictator, Boxer, Claw, and Seth.

Other  - Sakura (because Ryu), Haggar/Cody, Sodom/Poison, Gouken (only to have him and Akuma duke it out finally and die)

Boy that's a lot of characters.

I can see why @DarthEnderXwants everyone in now.

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

This is awesome

Random stuff

-Very first kick (spinning heel kick) felt strange for Gief to me at first, then i realized has even if slighty different has been with him for LONG time lol

Spoiler

Close HK in SF2, at 0:11

-Charged HP returned and have armor

-Holy fuck jumping HK on counter hit sending you other side of the country looks fun

-Despite Marisa having likely higher HP than average, EX SPD and HP SPD seems to have fuck you damage. Expected, but not any less amusing

-He have a drop kick from the ground, seems new thing?

-SA3 seems the same as in the trailer, and Gief still have took no dmg... guess i was right saying it was not desperate version and we still have to see it

-Think @Miðgarðsormwas right saying slam+elbow being low throw, that suplex seems to be his forward throw

-Awesome detail i did'nt noticed at first, the heart shape left on your face by Marisa's SA3 is made by her twisting her knuckles on your face lol... her thumb goes from 5 o'clock to 1 o'clock creating the right half of the heart, the ❤️ shape make sense lol

FYR

This is IMO the timeline of story events in SF5 in preparation for SF6. Bear in mind that by my estimate all the events of SF5 besides Luke's character story  (and Flashbacks) take place over 2-3.5 years. 

The G/Neoshadaloo stuff happens right around the start of SF3's timeline which takes places 4-6 months after the end of ASF if we are to go by the prophecy.

EerQ04o.png

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

FYR

This is IMO the timeline of story events in SF5 in preparation for SF6. Bear in mind that by my estimate all the events of SF5 besides Luke's character story take place over 3-4 years. 

The G/Neoshadaloo stuff happens right around the start of SF3's timeline which takes places 3-6 months after the end of ASF if we are to go by the prophecy.

FLA6hjp.png

Chun-Li's character story is an interesting one because it's showing events both before ASF with her Alpha flashback, and after ASF when she adopted Li-Fen after rescuing her.

On 3/13/2023 at 6:52 PM, CESTUS III said:

Used as normal stage with regular camera looks good

I'm wondering wich country it's supposed to be, just to guess if can give us hint about future entries or story development

I think the signs may help, maybe also the black/red dressed man who seems to sport a traditional attire

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

It’s meant to be Darjeeling, India I believe but it could be one of those New York City is Metro City, and these Himalayan towns in India and Nepal are now all part of Nayshall which is a Himalayan country.

Yeah you're spot on 👍

Darjeeling is written on the red stripe and wikipedia say

"Darjeeling is a town and municipality in the northernmost region of the Indian state of West Bengal. Located in the Eastern Himalayas, it has an average elevation of 2,045 metres.To the west of Darjeeling lies the easternmost province of Nepal, to the east the Kingdom of Bhutan, to the north the Indian state of Sikkim, and farther north the Tibet Autonomous Region region of China."

May be indeed used for some action in Naishal (after all Dhalsim already got a personal indian stage), specially considering is unlikely everything will happen in the palace stage

Wonder if will serve as stage for one of the missing four or will stay "generic"

We already have some in SF6, example MC street does'nt seem belong to anybody in particular

Btw the shill edition i pre-ordered (Ultimate) promise "2 additional stages", wich imho are going to be personal stages... seems it unlock 4 chars, 4 alts, 4 second alts (kinda like in SFV story and battle ones i guess*)

I say personal ones because seems related to S1, and i think they will follow SFV -good- model where sometimes DLC char had personal stage

Personally would love

ED - NeoShadaloo Base in Germany with lot of NS freaks including Falke/Knife/Gorilla as NPCs, given Ed SF6 design would fit also somewhere a broken wall full of murales... post Berlin-wall fall (Shadaloo destruction) vibes feel a must

RASHID - Saudi Arabian stage (with Azam in when Rashid fights), maybe on top of a modern skyscraper with dunes of the desert in the background. Would help lot "World Tour" vibes

But on reality i may get disappointed

AKI - most new females got a stage so far: Marisa, Manon, Lily vs Kimberly... 3-1

Akuma - i fear they will not resist try sell a tryhard stage in combo with the char

*wich make me think also base cast will get once again as start 3 designs for everybody: Standard, Alt1 (Nostalgia for most vets as we seen) and an Alt2 we still have to see

There's no way Akuma doesn't get a stage. The edgelord stage and its corresponding music has been a staple for decades.

I'm hoping we get a Neoshadaloo stage (Germany with REALLY cool house music), and maybe if AKI is tied to them she could use the stage too.

I also think that World Tour is going to unveil a lot more stages that are story exclusive let's say just like ASF.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

There's no way Akuma doesn't get a stage. The edgelord stage and its corresponding music has been a staple for decades.

I'm hoping we get a Neoshadaloo stage (Germany with REALLY cool house music), and maybe if AKI is tied to them she could use the stage too.

I also think that World Tour is going to unveil a lot more stages that are story exclusive let's say just like ASF.

My darkhorse desire for the game remains Remy with ties to Shadaloo. Isn't it strange that Remy and his sister are children of a mysterious "father" who abandoned them leading to the sisters death and no mention seems to be made of a mother? Isn't it weird that Remy's original designs come complete with a Shadaloo symbol across his back? Not at all familiar.

Aaanyway...

I want Remy back with a slight re-imagining (honestly keeping truer to his art where he's broad-shouldered and tall would go a long way immediately and I think he'd look great in SF6's art style in general) which would naturally be accompanied by a new Club Metro complete with a remixed stage theme (one of my fav themes in any fighter)

The Beep needs to return and Remy's due a return as well. Manon being in the game gives a great potential in for Remy storywise.

Edited by YagamiFire
1 minute ago, Daemos said:

Honestly, I’m very curious about his father. He seemed like a chad. Remy is cool though and I think he could fit with the game’s aesthetic. They just need like you said to update his gameplay and make it more unique 

If they want to be smart, they could incorporate some of the positive stuff from Charlie. Charlie was very popular in SF5 and bringing over some of his gameplay elements would IMMEDIATELY endear people to Remy

Plus if they actually go with THIS look...

spacer.png

...with similar proportions, they'll immediately have a character that gets attention. With the introduction of characters Luke (fully) and Jaime as well as the newer gen characters, Remy coming in and being their age would be perfect for the character.

13 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

My darkhorse desire for the game remains Remy with ties to Shadaloo. Isn't it strange that Remy and his sister are children of a mysterious "father" who abandoned them leading to the sisters death and no mention seems to be made of a mother? Isn't it weird that Remy's original designs come complete with a Shadaloo symbol across his back? Not at all familiar.

My 2cents is they recycled the early idea of Remy being some sort of young heir of Shadaloo after its destruction to make Ed, even the symbol on the back thing

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/remy00_00.jpg?h=a92f8910a6438e956ce5d8f305469a18

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/nf4/char/ed-sfv-official-concept-art-by-kevin-glint.jpg

Wich tbh would be good imho as would move Remy away from Shadaloo

13 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Honestly, I’m very curious about his father. He seemed like a chad. Remy is cool though and I think he could fit with the game’s aesthetic. They just need like you said to update his gameplay and make it more unique 

14 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

If they want to be smart, they could incorporate some of the positive stuff from Charlie. Charlie was very popular in SF5 and bringing over some of his gameplay elements would IMMEDIATELY endear people to Remy

Plus if they actually go with THIS look...

...with similar proportions, they'll immediately have a character that gets attention. With the introduction of characters Luke (fully) and Jaime as well as the newer gen characters, Remy coming in and being their age would be perfect for the character.

Agree on proportions, then there's the terrible color scheme thing and the design being kinda too much "somebody that tried to be in a KoF game, but failed", but SF6 could surely go for heavy redesign

Should make him solid Savate rep (something they already was doing, just not well), with some of Nash coolness going on for specials/ki stuff... the concept of fast dashes Nash had in SFV even if toned down to human levels would fit well Remy

Personally kinda doubt he will make it (but i believe we will see him as NPC in Manon's area of WT), but if he ever does would like see one of the alts take a lot from Rook, and maybe also Hippie Remy, wich was kinda nice for an alt (not for default though)
MesaGordeau on Twitter: "@Novasonicrun Rook... Luke...  https://t.co/WsRrocltI7" / Twitter

Spoiler

remy00_02.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Ed was inspired by Prototype Remy, though I think that ship has sailed for Remy it will be interesting to see if and how he grows out of 3S.

There are too many fighters in SF with Daddy/Mommy issues (including Ed). Even Luke's dad dying via bombing is possibly related to the terrorist bombings in Nayshall and may play into SF6.

So for Remy, I'm curious to know if he would still retain that angle or will Capcom resolve it and move on. This is mainly why I would like to see his father, who is like the opposite of Ken or even Hakan, a man sacrificed his family for the fight rather than fight for them.