Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

I was looking for my Violent Ken post and Bison SF2 memories transfer along with cyborgs, then I stumbled upon the old thread

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/warriors-fate-street-fighter-story-thread-revived/15/10901

It's like the decade ago wasn't that far

@ShockDingo 

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/warriors-fate-street-fighter-story-thread-revived/15/10916

Edited by Shakunetsu
8 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Does anyone know if something happened to Sakura Ganbaru vol1? Everywhere I've looked, it's ludicrously expensive (upwards of $140!), yet vol 2 is just around 13 bucks. I can't understand why the drastic shift between volumes.

It was like that too when I got my copy a few years ago, although back then I managed to find someone selling it for a more reasonable price (even if it was still way more than Vol. 2). It must be some out of print stuff.

11 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Does anyone know if something happened to Sakura Ganbaru vol1? Everywhere I've looked, it's ludicrously expensive (upwards of $140!), yet vol 2 is just around 13 bucks. I can't understand why the drastic shift between volumes.

I think I read somewhere that there were less copies of vol1 produced, but I'm not sure how legit that is.

Kinda reminds me of Ryu Final, but the opposite (vol2 in that case is ridiculously expensive, whereas vol1 is normal) in terms of pricing.

15 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

SFV had Gouki SGS with Vega's body destroyed (specifically in this ending) on the SFII  path. The same goes for the USFII. Capcom's official April 1st joke also shows the SGS scene (even though that's not canon).

With the Beyond the World timeline specifically stating the Psycho Drive being destroyed in SFZ3... it pretty much invalidates Vega's suicidal explosion in the Psycho Drive base. Also, this was never mentioned anywhere else.

So... yeah, I go for the SGS scene. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom decides that both events happened...

Had they used THIS base for the suicide explosion (they used it on Abel's vanilla SFIV prologue),....

Honestly, I prefer the idea of Akuma stepping in and unleashing the SGS on Bison. 

20 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I was looking through some HK manhua

looks like dhalsim died in the later stories

41599998_2165067683568435_64871052508250

They made Sean so badass

41748685_2165071913568012_26942667646985

41572265_2165070030234867_39439631982683

Looks like Urien had became his father figure at some point

41580071_2165063386902198_23639651566579

41651880_2165069056901631_69109158560420

41649746_2165055896902947_73173873132128

That he would betray later on the story

41663726_2165057590236111_72356843736793

And there version of Mel Master

41688020_2165073256901211_16543980592719

41681734_2165072016901335_23457031318090

Grown Up Mel

41603597_2165059883569215_78671756056435

Literally Oro has no other arms

41682392_2165063556902181_40110882929497

15 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Luke costume

E_hsuzMX0AQ6p3O?format=jpg&name=large

I don't like these.

I think the Battle one (Basketball?) looks the best. But I feel that the yellow shoes needs to be replaced with something cooler. Ain't part of basketball culture the shoes? So take advantage of that and why not give him some Jordans, or Lebrons. Hell, even an Air-Sean would be funny.

I like how his track suit is open to show more skin. I hate how almost every track suit has almost al similarity with each character. But this one looks like a casual and loose way to wear it. So I htink it's good.

Other than that, not too impressed with his story costume. And I think his base costume is "meh" too.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Chun-Li_ForeverOf course some Twidiot is complaining about more Chun Li and Ryu costumes. Failing to realize that putting costumes on two of the most popular characters is a good way to raise more money for the cause.

On the first day social media was created, it gave a public voice to every single person in the world.

Before the second day even started everyone realized what an awful, terrible idea that was.

12 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Smash Ultimate's grand finale is Sora...and we get Luke.

As someone that gives zero fucks about Disney animation and less fucks about Kingdom Hearts, that one doesn't land for me. That said, while I'm not a Smash fan, no one puts more effort into a game than Sakurai. That guy, literally, was working himself to death on that game. I wish every fighting game franchise had a guy like Sakurai working on it. His attention to detail is on another level.

22 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Chun-Li_ForeverOf course some Twidiot is complaining about more Chun Li and Ryu costumes. Failing to realize that putting costumes on two of the most popular characters is a good way to raise more money for the cause.

Chun-Li hasn't had a new costume in years. I think she was overdue for another one. Still waiting on a Holiday Themed one too. I think all the other SF Female characters have one except her.

On 10/7/2021 at 11:54 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

As someone that gives zero fucks about Disney animation and less fucks about Kingdom Hearts, that one doesn't land for me. That said, while I'm not a Smash fan, no one puts more effort into a game than Sakurai. That guy, literally, was working himself to death on that game. I wish every fighting game franchise had a guy like Sakurai working on it. His attention to detail is on another level.

I also don't care about KH(I hate Nomura, he ruined FF), but the world does.

Nobody cares about Luke.

9 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

What I enjoyed about the Street Fighter timeline is the Third Strike iteration. More specifically, Ryu manages to defeat Gill as Shin Ryu because he discovered the importance of balance. Gill was without a doubt even more powerful and dangerous than Bison.

the youtuber base it on udon's story right?

On 10/10/2021 at 11:31 AM, Shakunetsu said:

the youtuber base it on udon's story right?

I'm 95% sure that the youtuber just reads it off the Street Fighter Wikia page, word for word.

24 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

@EvilCanadianPosted released this, gonna check it out, but figured I'd share it here!

I'm glad someone said it. Lore and Story is the main reason why I got into fighting games. I can talk for hours about plot and aesthetics, but I get bored within 2 minutes of a "Who's in top 8 at EVO" conversation. 

On 8/4/2021 at 1:01 AM, Scotia said:

Excited to see some connections to SF6 but they literally just went "How about we do Alex again but in a game that won't kill the franchise for ten years?" 

My boy's never getting that spotlight again.

I'm sorry bro

https://twitter.com/takaNakayama/status/1450785530518511622

spacer.png

Edited by BootyWarrior
6 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Not gonna lie, super eager for some kind of info drip on SF6 if only to get a lot more activity in this thread since it's one of my favorite things 🙂

You can check my character concept thread if you are hard up. I haven't done any in while, but maybe there are a few you missed. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I was reading Dragon Ball Super the other day. As I read through it, a particular plot point made me start thinking of Ryu and Akuma's connection.

Goku is all about fighting strong opponents and surpassing his limits. When he first got a taste of God Power via Super Saiyan God, he took on the God of Destruction Beerus. Goku put up a good fight against Beerus, but it was pretty clear that Beerus was out of his league. Despite that, Beerus could see his potential, and was eager to see where Goku would end up after he's had more time to improve. 

Since then, Goku has unlocked Super Saiyan Blue, combined the Kaio-Ken with Super Saiyan Blue, acquired the Ultra Instinct state (Technique of the Angels), and has been making incredible gains since Battle of Gods. He's even defeated Jiren. A being that possessed greater power than the God of Destruction from his universe. Goku has become so powerful that they've basically had to start applying nerfs to Perfected Ultra Instinct in order to tone him down. Goku has really came a long way.

Everything pointed to Goku finally leaving Beerus in the dust during the climax of The Tournament of Power. As it stands now, Beerus is still ahead of him. Why? Because he's a moving goalpost. Vegito Blue (Trunks arc) was once stated to equal Beerus. Prior to the ToP, there was the likelihood that Beerus was below Jiren, which means he'd be below UI Goku. Broly was later stated to possibly be stronger than Beerus....and Broly got dumpster'd by Gogeta Blue.

As of the current arc, Goku can activate Perfected UI with no issue. Though not fully mastered, Goku can even use Ultra Instinct in Base and all of his Super Saiyan forms. Vegeta has also developed a transformation that accompanies the Godly Destructive power wielded by the Gods of Destruction.

Beerus power is changed in every single arc. He's doesn't really care about training. If it ain't about eating, sleeping, or fishing, he's not too interested.

So how is Beerus able to maintain his advantage?

1QQK5iT.jpg

Obsessing over "Destruction" is how. This gave them enough room to explain Beerus' superiority while allowing him to remain in-character. No secret training.

As we all know, Ryu has improved tremendously throughout the series. Most of his time has been spent honing his strength, fighting strong opponents, and overcoming the Satsui no Hado. As of SFV, he's developed the "Power of Nothingness". Having said that, Akuma hasn't missed a single step either. His own power has continued to evolve over time. We see him developing different techniques in all of his endings. By SFV, he's even less human than he ever was before. 

Beerus obsessing over destruction made me think about Akuma's continuous embracement of the Satsui no Hado by staying on the "Demon Path". The main difference here is Beerus pretty much the same guy. The only thing changing is his power. Akuma's becoming more demonic and powerful the longer he remains on his path. Both are able to comfortably maintain their superiority over Ryu/Goku, but we know it won't be permanent. At least I don't think so.

I'm not sure where they're gonna go with Goku and Beerus. Whis' training has put Goku in position to acquire Ultra Instinct. Goku's later training with Merus (Another Angel) is what allowed him to make the breakthrough needed to gain complete control over Ultra Instinct to the point where he can transform into it whenever he needs to. Even though Whis is stronger than Beerus, and Beerus has never been able to master Ultra Instinct, the story has shown us that Goku can't win with Ultra Instinct alone. It's gonna take something else for him to equal or go beyond Beerus. The Angels and the Grand Priest are far beyond Beerus. I'm sure there are even some GoD's that are above Beerus. None of them really come into play here since Beerus is the main one Goku and Vegeta tend to focus on surpassing.

On the SF end, you have Oro, who is easily the most powerful character. He wants to take Ryu under his wing. Would his training put Ryu in position to challenge or potentially surpass Akuma? No way of telling. Oro is the master of Senjutsu. I'm interested in seeing how a style like that would compliment Ryu's Ansatsuken. Anyway, this was a bit long-winded, but it was interesting to think about.

We're not too far from Luke's release. Looking forward to his win quotes. That'll wrap up all the characters. It's been fun tackling this from beginning to end.