Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

Preppy is part of the Wiki team from what I saw on the discord.

Lantis and Geese Pants were made mods. For continuity reasons I'm guessing. You can @shiburizu if you got questions about it. Shib is the head honcho over there.

He answered hella questions from me when he joined the MegaShock discord. He for sure ain't trying to be an absentee father to a his project.  

45 minutes ago, Sonero said:

They'll work on the SRK forums part that isn't archived.

Supercombo.GG is just a brand new forum altogether. I made an account under the same name as here.

d3v is there too. So you should definitely join. 👀

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

Edit: It's on Discourse!? Ah hell naw!

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Looks like the archived the forums too!

9 hours ago, Sonero said:

They'll work on the SRK forums part that isn't archived.

I hope so. All @bakfromonand @Miðgarðsormtranslations of the CFN character profiles are simply gone....the Warrior's Fate thread have missing posts. It simply skips a few months with a "X months later" message....

Does anyone have those translated profiles saved/archived? I lost some of my files due to a HDD crash. Those translations (and all CFN profiles artwork) are among the files lost.

I know we have a english version of the profiles. But, as usual, there's always things that were either changed or omitted from the jap version.

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

the Warrior's Fate thread have missing posts. It simply skips a few months with a "X months later" message....

If you go back to those threads, that stuff happened before well before anything to do with SuperCombo. That ain't on Shib:

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/warriors-fate-street-fighter-story-thread-revived/15/18143

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/the-inevitable-street-fighter-v-story-thread-arcade-edition/177027

There's two ways to go about looking at those posts:

https://forums.shoryuken.com/

The one above gets you to the forums where you can still log in. If you guys have stuff in PMs that you want back, I suggest you guys go in there and get them. Then there's the:

https://archive.supercombo.gg/

That's just the forum image from when it was closed. You can't log into it or anything else.

As far as moving on or staying here, MisterBee is happy to continue having people here so its up to y'all.

3 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

So are we moving to the new domain or going to keep on using this one?

I'm good where I am. I never liked Discourse. I was willing to stomach it because I liked the community. While the community was being hung out to dry @misterBeestepped up. He started this up when right before the debacle that lead to Discourse and kept this place up anyway. I'm sticking with the dude that had our back. We basically had to force him to setup of Patreon option. This is out of his pocket and he literally hasn't asked for anything. 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This is out of his pocket and he literally hasn't asked for anything. 

It doesn't have to be a Versus thing (i'm not saying that you are implying it should be either).  Shib has been here and really liked MegaShock. So he ain't go beef with anything. Although I think he found it through the SF5 lounge thread.

If y'all wanna tell folks to check this place out and go post there for certain things its all good.

So long as @Doctrine_Dark posts all the hype Luke winquotes here when Our White Savior finally drops.

🙏

33 minutes ago, Sonero said:

It doesn't have to be a Versus thing (i'm not saying that you are implying it should be either).  Shib has been here and really liked MegaShock. So he ain't go beef with anything. Although I think he found it through the SF5 lounge thread.

If y'all wanna tell folks to check this place out and go post there for certain things its all good.

Nah I don't want it to be us versus them either. You are right, Shib has been a cool dude. I'm just wary about certain people like AC Slater's buddy, but if you don't mind then it's all good.

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm just wary about certain people like AC Slater's buddy, but if you don't mind then it's all good.

Oh I mind all that. But I'm not running the place. I also wasn't asked to help with it either.  From the convos I had with Shib, he is putting a new place together in good faith. 

I'd have massive issues with letting any of the people involved in it or wanting to be a mod for d3v after what he did in any project. 

But not my calls. It's also be shitty to crater some new effort due to it. Should those people be punted? Yes. Am I throwing the baby out the bathwater? Nah. 

If ya'll wanna ask shib, he'll take questions. He definitely cares about the new place being good.

18 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

Looking at those early threads and seeing that some people here have been discussing SF/fighting game stories since 2002 is really something to behold and admirable that the community here hasn't seemed to fallen under any bs drama apart from Vasili or when we all migrated here as what usually happens when a community lasts this long.

Geez the Vasili stuff feels like a lifetime ago

Also I hate reddit

I don't care where we chat as long as we chat and keep up this thread that I love 🙂

7 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Also I hate reddit

I am not using RΣddit should anything happen. I used that for 3 days and bailed.

There's not a lot of places to talk about Street Fighter that offer up meaningful opinions besides SRK/this place and I already have irl and snapchat friends to talk other things about.

Edited by N-Tactix

Reddit is an odd place. R/fighters is like an upscale eventhubs comment section. The ones for games have that...09 SRK vibe to them. The one where you'd just read people being wrong.

Thats fine though because Luke is about to save SF5. First thing I'm doing is going through the story mode, no questions asked. 😤

21 hours ago, Sonero said:

Tell those cucks to post here instead.

Reddit is just a weird Normie 4chan. It's a strange place.

But none of those "cucks" like to talk about SF Story like y'all do. (Which makes all of you 30x cooler). And they also hate it when I post Chun-Li fan art.

Let them stay there. 

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Do you guys really think they'll take SF back to Alpha?

Is the story post SF5 such a cluster quack that they have to rewrite it?

I think it's possible. But I think most likely, given how Luke seems to be an important character moving forward,  it's gonna be a post-SF5 story, maybe even a post-SF3 story.

I think the safest thing they'll do is have the story be stuck in between SF5 and SF3

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

The SF3 story isn't well defined. They have a lot of leeway to play with. Personally I think Capcom has just avoided SF3. They are clearly scared to get away from Bison, which for me, has been to the character detriment. It's ridiculous that its' been 24 years and 2 full sequels and we just got to where SF3 begins.

10 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

And they also hate it when I post Chun-Li fan art.

Let me guess, their favorite character is Poison and they think SF3 and Angel from KOF are the best things in existence despite YouTube videos being their only exposure to both? 

Edited by N-Tactix
6 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

Let me guess, their favorite character is Poison and they think SF3 and Angel from KOF are the best things in existence despite YouTube videos being their only exposure to both? 

Nah, they are bent on having the Street Fighter Reddit be about competitive stuff, frame data, and tech and they get salty when Chun-Li pics and other fan art get hundreds of upvotes, while replays and results of a CPT tournament never gets discussed.

42 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Nah, they are bent on having the Street Fighter Reddit be about competitive stuff, frame data, and tech and they get salty when Chun-Li pics and other fan art get hundreds of upvotes, while replays and results of a CPT tournament never gets discussed.

So they're joyless nerds. Which is pretty par the course for most Reddit users. Joyless, nerdy 4chan rejects. 

Edited by N-Tactix
1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

those "cucks"  also hate it when I post Chun-Li fan art.

What in the world?

That makes even less sense. If they wanted to go HAM, they could've easily gone to SRK.  The one place I'd assume would story weirdos would congregate is reddit.

I bet there is a large amount of Juri stans over there too.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's ridiculous that its' been 24 years and 2 full sequels and we just got to where SF3 begins.

This, good lord THIS. That's why I'm hoping against hope that it'll move the needle forward. With them actually breaking apart Shadaloo and reducing Bison to a ghost this time, I have some faith that it's moving somewhere, but I want it to be a notable move forward, not a half measure. That being said, it doesn't need to do a dramatic 10 year skip. My ideal scenario would be SF6 starts seconds after 3S and either builds up on that or has a a story that starts off after 3S and then maybe moves a few months forward to kick things off the story mode. Either way, the Illuminati and SF3 story content in general is so untapped still that I'm actually unsure how long I want them to stick with it. Like I think if they buckle down, give Alex a hell of a journey and we see what really happened with Gill vs Urien and the fall out from that, I'd be happy with SF7 being set in 1999/2000 and starting a new arc entirely. Right now, we've been stuck in 1997/8 for 20 years and it's getting too much. So I don't really see a reboot of any sort, I can see at worst a story that has time travel, but ultimately has a chapter close. I've said it multiple times but it'd be Days of Future Past rather than any DC reboot like Crisis or New 52.

Hey all 👋

On 11/1/2021 at 4:34 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

Edit: It's on Discourse!? Ah hell naw!

Discourse sucks. Like, SUCKS. I'm so glad we did the archive site so I don't ever have to think about running it day to day. As Misterbee said we're on Flarum now.

4 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I wanted to add to this, r/SF should be about competitive stuff but its not even that 90% of the time. I've posted a few times about getting help on filling out missing wiki info or character sheets and gotten ignored or downvoted outright. I recall in one instance I did a big update to the SFV wiki pages and posted about it in the subreddit's dedicated Discord and got accused of spamming (and the only reason the mod didn't delete my post according to him was because I mentioned I worked with the FAT app guys to make it happen, cuz' he thought I was a rando lol). r/SF's real content is literally just uncredited fanart posts and vaguely referential stuff to SF2 that has nothing to do with gameplay or community. Shit's wack.

10 hours ago, Sonero said:

I think this new guys want their own version of SF after SF5 timeline.

The new guys are more concern of doing a NEW FUTURE instead of going back. Looking at their design priorities and promotion. It's likely going to the direction of what they want as SF instead of bridging timelines and inconsistencies like Ono is into.

They didn't care about Neo Shadaloo and Alex anymore which was supposed to be integral to the future instead they created a new character that was supposed to represent the NEW FUTURE.

They probably just start with the settings of NEW FUTURE as the current present for the next SF,  And all that was changed would be just told in  arcade mode playthroughs of each individual character so the changes would had already happened in the background and flashback.

Probably they do their own whole new evil organization and no shadaloo nor secret society this time as the main bady but keep on the sideline or wont be ever mentioned.

Edited by Shakunetsu
13 hours ago, Sonero said:

If it means new anime graphics, then I am all in.  I don't care WHAT the story does.

10 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

And they also hate it when I post Chun-Li fan art.

Lemme ask you something...

Is your Chun-Li fan art all of her with the shit beat out of her, like your avatar is?

Edited by DarthEnderX
10 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

If it means new anime graphics, then I am all in.  I don't care WHAT the story does.

Lemme ask you something...

Is your Chun-Li fan art all of her with the shit beat out of her, like your avatar is?

Not at all if ever. Mostly just Chun-Li art. (I always credit the artist though)

The ones the get the most upvotes are the ones that look real quality art or from popular Street Fighter artists.

And Chun-Li in a swimsuit is a big hitter as well. 

Chun Li Bikini GIF - Chun Li Bikini Street Fighter V GIFs

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever

At this rate I expect Alex and the Illuminati to basically be a side plot similar to the Final Fight crew and the Wrestlers that run alongside whatever Ryu/the new Protag/the new villain is doing which I'm...kinda fine with as I just want that plot to fucking advance already. I've already completely given up on Alex ever getting that protagonist spot again and seeing how the last couple of games have gone I don't want him to have it because chances are he'll do all the work only for Ryu to come in last second to steal him out of defeating Gill. 

As for SF6, they have to set after SF3 at this point. There simply isn't enough space between SF5 and it to dance around in anymore. That said, I still fully expect them to find a way to escape having to follow on from it by doing a reboot/retelling/retcon which would just be the drizzling shits and be the final nail in the coffin to make me fully give up on keeping up with this series and pretending the SF3 and Alpha games are the only ones that exist.

What's frustrating is that (to answer Sonero's question) SF3's plot isn't even that crazy or impossible to follow up on, Capcom are just so scared of doing it that they make it seem like some DMC2 type nonsense where nothing makes sense when compared to the other games. I mean, look at SF3's story compared to SF2's. SF2 barely even has a plot anymore because it's been retconned to hell yet they didn't have a problem following on from that one 🤷‍♂️. Shit just annoys me lol.

The problem with Ryu taking out Bison was execution imo. Rose said it had to Ryu going back to SFA. The issue is that after the Alpha series they, in my view, made a narrative mistake by not having Bison continue to pursue Ryu as his perfect vessel. Without that tie to bind them together, it made their conflict seemed resolved in the Alpha/Zero arc. They took away Ryu's personal stake in the Shadaloo conflict. Chun Li and Guile had their revenge and Ryu was fighting for his very existence. Dropping the latter was just a critical error on Capcom's part. Bison clearly never found his perfect vessel, so them dropping that makes no sense. 

The most frustrating thing to me, in regards to the SF3 situation, is that reason they "ran" from the game no longer exists. Once EVO Moment 27 hit, SF fans actually gave SF3 a real chance. So much so that you have characters like Makoto rank the second highest in character polls. Some of the most requested characters are SF3 characters. So there is no need to treat the game like a pariah. It went from the "red headed step child" to revered decades ago. Hell, Urien is the most popular antagonist not named Bison in the franchise. SF3 is basically the video game version of the original series of Star Trek. Unappreciated at release but well revered over time. 

You know I keep telling myself not to do it, but I'm seriously considering rewriting A Shadow Falls. I just have a feeling it would be time consuming and I have other things I need to write. It seems like I'll never finish Reverberations of War at the rate I'm going. After this much time I was like 18 Chapters in on The Shattered Façade of Ehlesia. I'm only on Chapter 6 😑

1 hour ago, BootyWarrior said:

According to the director, some character stories are set during SFIII or after.

The only one i can think of is Gill's character story.

EDIT: In the same thread he talks about Neo Shadaloo and reveals the Gorillas name.

Oh shit so we actually already moved past SF3, we just never knew it. Going by some of these tweets this is what he (might) be saying;

• Some character stories take place during and even slightly after the events of SFIII. An example is the ending of Ed's story (where we see all of Neo Shadaloo) which seems to occur at the same time as SFIII.
  • I'm not sure but he might be saying that Laura's SF3 arcade ending where Sean wins a tournament might be canon? If so then my boy finally won something 😭
  • The Neo Shadaloo gorilla is named Baba Mwalimu (which Ryce on ResetEra says is Swahili for "father teacher").
  • Neo Shadaloo has inherited different characteristics of Bison. Falke can inject Psycho Power into objects, Ed can eject Psycho Power, the guy with the knife can teleport, and Baba Mwalimu is super intelligent.
  • Ed's name came about when Nakayama wrote a note to a designer saying "ED" which meant "Ending"; the designer mistook the "ED" abbreviation for an actual name, and Nakayama thought it was cool so it stuck.
  • "There's a reason for splitting up Bison's abilities. Maybe he knew he was going to have a confrontation with Ryu, or maybe he wants to come back in some way and continue as a king of fighting even if his body is destroyed... I hope we can talk about that someday! As for the names, as someone noticed, the initials are B (Baba Mwalimu), E (Ed), F (Falke), and G (I'm reaching Twitter's character limit...)"

So 6 might actually end up moving past 3rd Strike, wow. I almost don't believe it's finally gonna happen lol.

EDIT: This also might explain why they kinda dropped Neo-Shadaloo after Falke? They pretty much wrote it so that they don't really make a move until SF3 so I get why they wouldn't really end up doing a lot for the rest of SF5's story.

Edited by Scotia
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You know I keep telling myself not to do it, but I'm seriously considering rewriting A Shadow Falls. I just have a feeling it would be time consuming and I have other things I need to write. It seems like I'll never finish Reverberations of War at the rate I'm going. After this much time I was like 18 Chapters in on The Shattered Façade of Ehlesia. I'm only on Chapter 6 😑

Would love to collaborate with you. i've started on mine years ago, and its just sitting in my doc folder. 

Always love the chance to work on some creative writing

4 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Would love to collaborate with you. i've started on mine years ago, and its just sitting in my doc folder. 

Always love the chance to work on some creative writing

I really need to finish my second book. It's why I haven't done nearly as many character concepts as of late and when I do it's mostly "porting" existing concepts into my hypothetical SFVI system. I don't want to call what I have writer's block. I know what I want to write but conveying to text eludes me at the moment and it's only with my book. It sort reminds me of what happened when I stopped drawing and I don't like it. I need to gain more hobbies not lose one of the few I have left.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I'm glad that Neo Shadaloo wasn't outright abandon I hope they survive or become free someday and lived normal lives if Capcom decides to retire the Neo Shadaloo Gimmick. 

I still hope Capcom would give a proper closure to character like T-Hawk, I know the character isn't that appealing and his not as nostalgic like Honda. Feilong and Deejay can always be side characters and doesn't really had real connection to Secret Society and Shadaloo so they can always be background characters but THawk is unlove and a very tragic character because of what shadaloo done to his village and the two important woman in his life.

I'm not a Thawk fan but I feel his more tied to Shadaloo along with Guile and Chun li because of the lost of many important loved one drag along his quest for justice. His not fighting for a lost friend and a father but for more connection than anyone. T-Hawk needs resolution and a proper closure if Capcom doesn't want him in future SF titles.  

Edited by Shakunetsu
On 11/2/2021 at 1:19 AM, Lord_Vega said:

I hope so. All @bakfromonand @Miðgarðsormtranslations of the CFN character profiles are simply gone....the Warrior's Fate thread have missing posts. It simply skips a few months with a "X months later" message....

Does anyone have those translated profiles saved/archived? I lost some of my files due to a HDD crash. Those translations (and all CFN profiles artwork) are among the files lost.

I know we have a english version of the profiles. But, as usual, there's always things that were either changed or omitted from the jap version.

Thanks in advance.

Are yall talking about those translations from that forum yall was typing on because I have screenshot of those 

If you have a Bison figure of scale between 4” (GIJoe) and 6” (Figuarts) and want to give him a flying robotic skull aircraft of destruction you may be interested on the kickstarter for the Roboskull MKII, with a week more to go. Even the pilots and troopers can work well as Bisontroopers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skeletron/roboskull

It's a bit expensive, but when you think about it it's just the price of three or four Figmas, so it's not an unreasonable price for what it is.